EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Who’s dropping away for these 2 to be contenders?
Probably a more even competition. CD, Hadfield and Glenroy all should improve.

Westy clear favourites then probably pretty even. Don’t think KP will be very strong so that always helps team who are in the current division as sometimes the team dropping down is a formidable.

Big call about the relegated clubs. KP will be very competitive and don’t count out Rupo either. Rupo might be young though..
KP will be no good, they will have turnover from this year and the newby's they are signing aint up to senior football not even at div 3 standard
Rupo, mid table

Big call about the relegated clubs. KP will be very competitive and don’t count out Rupo either. Rupo might be young though..
Is it. Rupo has a team of good players but not anyone where the opposition goes how do we stop them. Hadfield has a couple in Trembath, Godden and Polizzi, Burnside give you Hughes and Hovey to contend with, Districts have McNammarra and Rusi. Northern has Kodar who has been kicking goals for fun the last 2 years as well as Bruno. Then there is the challenge of Westy who played the best brand of footy in div2 last year, the spread from stoppages through Capron, Sparks and Evans tested oppositions. Will the two relegated teams do okay, maybe but they would need to improve and have luck with injuries if they want to challenge for promotion.

Is it. Rupo has a team of good players but not anyone where the opposition goes how do we stop them. Hadfield has a couple in Trembath, Godden and Polizzi, Burnside give you Hughes and Hovey to contend with, Districts have McNammarra and Rusi. Northern has Kodar who has been kicking goals for fun the last 2 years as well as Bruno. Then there is the challenge of Westy who played the best brand of footy in div2 last year, the spread from stoppages through Capron, Sparks and Evans tested oppositions. Will the two relegated teams do okay, maybe but they would need to improve and have luck with injuries if they want to challenge for promotion.

Rupo had 2 players kick over 30 goals in Div 1 this season.
KP have Kempster who can be very hard to stop as well.

Westy and Burnside ahead of everyone else, Northern next then everyone else apart from East is fairly even. The two coming down wouldn’t strike fear into the current Div 2 teams
I don't think you can write off any team coming down from div 1 this year case in point, Westy was written off at the start of the year. It would be good if both of those teams were competitive and also love to see Glenroy get going.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Roo boys the Giants have got are good boys, ive played with two of them and i love em, I hope they all do well in what I think is an honour being apart of Giants first senior side.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 more from Kangas to Giants in Blakey Tirchett and Dylan Cunningham. It's not good to see groups of youth leaving. I'm sure Shannon Carroll and the rest of the hierarchy will be scratching their heads right about now.

Last edited:
2 more from Kangas to Giants in Blakey Tirchett and Dylan Cunningham. It's not good to see groups of youth leaving. I'm sure Shannon Carroll and the rest of the hierarchy will be scratching their heads right about now. Lucky they've got plenty of time to steady the ship.

It’s about time AFLVIC got fair dinkum and extended the rule limiting the number of players that can be cleared from one club to another across leagues rather than just inside the same league. With the way the points system works it can destroy clubs. It’s a rort that needs to be addressed and quickly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably a more even competition. CD, Hadfield and Glenroy all should improve.

Westy clear favourites then probably pretty even. Don’t think KP will be very strong so that always helps team who are in the current division as sometimes the team dropping down is a formidable.
I know Gelnroy has a new coach, dont know much about the bloke.

Think he will bring some good players over? And who might go out the other way?

Who’s dropping away for these 2 to be contenders?
To be fair I don’t think either haddy or glenroy were as bad as they looked on paper this year and both seem to be very proactive in their recruitment that’s why I see them doing well next year.

It’s hard to say who’s going to drop away. If I was a betting man for me it would be the kangas. Hearing that KP are really going to struggle and it will be interesting to see what happens at CD over the next few months as it already sounds as though there is a few disgruntled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair I don’t think either haddy or glenroy were as bad as they looked on paper this year and both seem to be very proactive in their recruitment that’s why I see them doing well next year.

It’s hard to say who’s going to drop away. If I was a betting man for me it would be the kangas. Hearing that KP are really going to struggle and it will be interesting to see what happens at CD over the next few months as it already sounds as though there is a few disgruntled.
The Kangas have already fallen...The problem lies somewhat with the committee but I'm confident we will climb back up, but may struggle if there isn't much depth...Wouldn't expect our ressies to be crash hot. Word is we have some players from Diggers coming across and some former players from our 2022 side also. I look forward to next year I just hope everyone else does too

Last edited:

What makes you think KP will struggle this year ?

The Roo boys the Giants have got are good boys, ive played with two of them and i love em, I hope they all do well in what I think is an honour being apart of Giants first senior side.

I think what's happening here is a cautionary tale to all clubs - don't take the kids who have been with you since juniors for granted and presume they'll put up with it regardless of how often you overlook them to appease the mercenaries who come and go. Every club does it. Hopefully the Kangas can stem the bleeding

Westmeadows might go backwards, i watched every game this season only 3 blokes capable of playing good footy at the next level. They are Evans, Kosteas and young Smith. Capron is all about himself and stats but can not hit a target same as Sparks yes he is tough and a good tackler but other than that those 2 dont hurt you when they have the footy. Heard Smith looking at playing higher level, Ruckmen not playing next year and the big forward on the move cant remember his name. So will be interesting to see how they hold up.

Westmeadows might go backwards, i watched every game this season only 3 blokes capable of playing good footy at the next level. They are Evans, Kosteas and young Smith. Capron is all about himself and stats but can not hit a target same as Sparks yes he is tough and a good tackler but other than that those 2 dont hurt you when they have the footy. Heard Smith looking at playing higher level, Ruckmen not playing next year and the big forward on the move cant remember his name. So will be interesting to see how they hold up.
Interesting comments, all players except 2 have committed to next year club is putting a player up on social media once a day to say recommitted.
The Ruck is done they are actively looking for a replacement, and the only one not recommitted yet is young Luke smith, maybe looking at Greenvale, and they are very hopeful of keeping him.
Capon, you're off the mark with him he was outstanding this year and put his teammates 1st.
And I don't agree that only Evens and kosteas are the only ones capable of playing next level. There are quite a few that have and could.
Speaking of Evens, if you watched every game this year, you'd know he had a poor year just didn't get going very often. He's a good player expect him to bounce back.
From what I hear, a few good players are coming back to be confirmed in Church and Hollows.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So let’s get this straight..
You wasted every Saturday this winter to go out and follow westmeadows and then all you do is get on here and bag them?

You must live a very exciting life 😂

Absolute lemon

So let’s get this straight..
You wasted every Saturday this winter to go out and follow westmeadows and then all you do is get on here and bag them?

You must live a very exciting life 😂

Absolute lemon
Lemon? Sorry to hurt your feelings its an observation and truth hurts. You see things different and thats fine im not going to sit here and get into throwing barbs at you. Enjoy

Lemon? Sorry to hurt your feelings its an observation and truth hurts. You see things different and thats fine im not going to sit here and get into throwing barbs at you. Enjoy
Zero truth too it…

You’re feeling were clearly hurt by westmeadows… the joint lives rent free in your head…

Sad sad little man

Couple of observations of my own as a neutral follower…

1. Your observations are biased and therefore unreliable at best.

2. You just seem to be a terrible judge of local football.

Based on points 1 & 2 your time here looks to be up. At the very least you’ll need a name change before anyone could possibly find you somewhat relevant..

Couple of observations of my own as a neutral follower…

1. Your observations are biased and therefore unreliable at best.

2. You just seem to be a terrible judge of local football.

Based on points 1 & 2 your time here looks to be up. At the very least you’ll need a name change before anyone could possibly find you somewhat relevant..
My son plays at Westmeadows, so might want to tell blokes and coaches to keep the noise in house, been trying to get him out of the place for the last 3 years, he is old enough to make his own choices.
Good luck next year

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back