EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

My son plays at Westmeadows, so might want to tell blokes and coaches to keep the noise in house, been trying to get him out of the place for the last 3 years, he is old enough to make his own choices.
Good luck next year
In-house, you started throwing stones. Maybe leave and go to another club. Obviously, your boy enjoys the environment at Westy after 3 years of listening to you and still not wanting to leave.
I hope your real name doesn't get out it would embarrass your son who, by your own words, doesn't want to leave stop talking rubbish and let your boy continue his ride at the club, its his sport not yours.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting comments, all players except 2 have committed to next year club is putting a player up on social media once a day to say recommitted.
The Ruck is done they are actively looking for a replacement, and the only one not recommitted yet is young Luke smith, maybe looking at Greenvale, and they are very hopeful of keeping him.
Capon, you're off the mark with him he was outstanding this year and put his teammates 1st.
And I don't agree that only Evens and kosteas are the only ones capable of playing next level. There are quite a few that have and could.
Speaking of Evens, if you watched every game this year, you'd know he had a poor year just didn't get going very often. He's a good player expect him to bounce back.
From what I hear, a few good players are coming back to be confirmed in Church and Hollows.

church is a good bloke but he's done his time and is not the answer and which hollows there is three of them west need to build a team for div 1 with players wanting to go up a div and also want to hang a round and play div 1

church is a good bloke but he's done his time and is not the answer and which hollows there is three of them west need to build a team for div 1 with players wanting to go up a div and also want to hang a round and play div 1
Yes, I completely agree with you. Those two are who I heard where wanting to come back, and the hollow I believe is Jordan, but as I said, waiting on confirmation.

Yes, I completely agree with you. Those two are who I heard where wanting to come back, and the hollow I believe is Jordan, but as I said, waiting on confirmation.

Church will be good for Westy if his body holds up. I can’t see Jordan Hollow leaving Epping while his dad is the coach ?

A lot of talk about the sides dropping down form Div 1. I would think Rupo would almost be the team to beat.

Church will be good for Westy if his body holds up. I can’t see Jordan Hollow leaving Epping while his dad is the coach ?

A lot of talk about the sides dropping down form Div 1. I would think Rupo would almost be the team to beat.
Great bloke, however well past his prime and even past being a handy player in Div2. Would be a handy 2s player, that's about it.

What makes you think Rupo are the team to beat?

I think the top end of Div 2 would have beaten the bottom end of Div 1 this season

What makes you think Rupo are the team to beat?

I think the top end of Div 2 would have beaten the bottom end of Div 1 this season

I think the gap is still bigger than you think. I don’t think think westy would have beaten Rupo this season. Guys like Bonello and Phelan Smith will be far to good for Div 2.

In may be wrong, just wouldn’t be underestimating them that’s all

Interesting comments about Westy and the boys wanting to go back. I have heard there’s more than those 2 wanting to head back. Hollow will be good for Westy and fits into their pace. He is a good ball user, but tough to get him away from his dad. Church, well pretty harsh comments about his form. Didnt the bloke kick 40 at East Sunbury in 2023 when they didn’t win a game? I watched the Sunbury night game this year where he kicked 4-5 just before he did his knee. As a Sunbury Kangas follower, he’s been wanted there for years and doesn’t appear done to the many who go watch. He needs to get that knee right, but you can’t say no to that type of experience. I am sure with the fitness Westy have that all recruits will be up to a high standard. Heard Westy ruck might be gone and a young mid? Any recruits for Glenroy, Haddy, ES, Burnside? Comp looks stronger for next season

Interesting comments about Westy and the boys wanting to go back. I have heard there’s more than those 2 wanting to head back. Hollow will be good for Westy and fits into their pace. He is a good ball user, but tough to get him away from his dad. Church, well pretty harsh comments about his form. Didnt the bloke kick 40 at East Sunbury in 2023 when they didn’t win a game? I watched the Sunbury night game this year where he kicked 4-5 just before he did his knee. As a Sunbury Kangas follower, he’s been wanted there for years and doesn’t appear done to the many who go watch. He needs to get that knee right, but you can’t say no to that type of experience. I am sure with the fitness Westy have that all recruits will be up to a high standard. Heard Westy ruck might be gone and a young mid? Any recruits for Glenroy, Haddy, ES, Burnside? Comp looks stronger for next sea
Is the young mid Smith? What have you heard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quietly hoping my boys are into Smith. Came through Roxy juniors until top age 16s from memory. Great kid and can play

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d say his issue is whether he wants to play A grade next year or not. Assuming that’s what he’s striving for. Heard Westy have recruited pretty well already and so have Hadfield. ES have a good ruckman from VAFA, but a fair few have and are leaving. Could be another long year for them sadly. Good people at that club from our clashes with them

I’d say his issue is whether he wants to play A grade next year or not. Assuming that’s what he’s striving for. Heard Westy have recruited pretty well already and so have Hadfield. ES have a good ruckman from VAFA, but a fair few have and are leaving. Could be another long year for them sadly. Good people at that club from our clashes with them
Will ES get on the park?

Got a lot of love for the good folk at East.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back