EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked goals in Div 3 (49 in 2023 & 59 in 2022) last year 17 goals in Div 2 but as I haven’t seen him play I’m not going to write him off. In 23 there was an even spread of goals, lots of 3s and 4s where as in 22 he kicked 37 goals against Laverton and NSunshine.
Interesting…believe he played a fair bit down back this year so explains the 17 goals. Which was reason why he looked elsewhere and had a connection with Trembearth apparently and Haddy needed a key forward so it worked out.

What an interesting finals series, Burnside hit buy injuries and omitted out quickly. Saints too young and westmeadows not good enough. Interesting recruiting by westmeadows for 2025 with past players walking out on a struggling club over match payments and chasing the money elsewhere this season. And know have come running back to the club for cash . Unfortunately those that stuck by the club this year will be hung out to dry . The truth hurts

What an interesting finals series, Burnside hit buy injuries and omitted out quickly. Saints too young and westmeadows not good enough. Interesting recruiting by westmeadows for 2025 with past players walking out on a struggling club over match payments and chasing the money elsewhere this season. And know have come running back to the club for cash . Unfortunately those that stuck by the club this year will be hung out to dry . The truth hurts .

Please name the players who will be hung out to dry?

sorry forgot them but they seem to be having a bit of a power struggle with coaches as we have read on big footy so it might not be the ideal place to recommend

Brendan Fevola just announced on his radio show that he will be playing all season for East Sunbury he said he will be 44 come season start

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sorry forgot them but they seem to be having a bit of a power struggle with coaches as we have read on big footy so it might not be the ideal place to recommend

No power struggle at Rupo. Great vibe down there. New facilities are just about completed. ( and not a moment too soon) Whole list has recommitted for 25. Think that alone should put your power struggle theory to bed.

The end of ES… this is Jacana version 2.0!
Hope I am wrong but not the way to rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
100%

Send like a very desperate move that can only end up going one way. Got a sniff of Jacana and cloke about it... not that I blame cloke for taking the cash offered. It's up to he club to ensure that what they have is sustainable.... fev isn't the answer

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Please name the players who will be hung out to dry?
J Hollows wants to come back and has asked for good coin. Surely the President and coach say no we have plenty of similar size and style of players already don't upset the apple cart the players are on very little mow due to love of club

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
As page 42 you said your son plays for westmeadows and you want him to leave but he loves the club, where do u get info about the player hollow asking for coin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son plays at Westmeadows, so might want to tell blokes and coaches to keep the noise in house, been trying to get him out of the place for the last 3 years, he is old enough to make his own choices.
Good luck next year
Delivery driver you can clearly see it was Goes Bang that made those remarks. Apologie accepted

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The end of ES… this is Jacana version 2.0!
Hope I am wrong but not the way to rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s an interesting one as they needed something to raise the profile. Problem is with no gate takings and people bringing their own beers you will need other sources to make the coin back. He will do a luncheon I’m sure.

Even at 44 he will probably do ok in this division but will he stay the course of the season??

It’s an interesting one as they needed something to raise the profile. Problem is with no gate takings and people bringing their own beers you will need other sources to make the coin back. He will do a luncheon I’m sure.

Even at 44 he will probably do ok in this division but will he stay the course of the season??
Turbo, I agree with you and I’ll throw in my 2 cents

This is a horrible way to rebuild. Word is they have or will lose by round 1 half of their senior side from last year. It’s the better half of the side too mind you. They may get a couple recruits off the back of this but are they getting sucked in to a 44 year old who may only play 5-8 games.

Committee only looking after their bar and canteen and some buzz around. The novelty will wear off after a while. Every club in the EDFL C grade will benefit if he plays them at their home grounds $$$.

He won’t train, doesn’t he live in Beaumaris?

East looking for a bandaid fix for one season. They probably had no choice, but I worry about them for 2026 when Fev leaves and they have won 1-2 games or none at all. 3 years on the bottom doesn’t allow you to recruit.

Dave I’m sure is a good bloke, but to me this was silly. Happy to be proven wrong or be told wrong. This just spells disaster if he only plays 5 games and leaves or gets injured. I’m sure if they recruit a few then some loyal boys will get pushed out and thrown to the skip bin. Just like Steve the twos coach and Trav the head coach.

Good luck to them, my opinion only. Hope they do get what they want out of it but I’m not confident

This is a horrible way to rebuild. Word is they have or will lose by round 1 half of their senior side from last year. It’s the better half of the side too mind you. They may get a couple recruits off the back of this but are they getting sucked in to a 44 year old who may only play 5-8 games.

Committee only looking after their bar and canteen and some buzz around. The novelty will wear off after a while. Every club in the EDFL C grade will benefit if he plays them at their home grounds $$$.

East looking for a bandaid fix for one season. They probably had no choice, but I worry about them for 2026 when Fev leaves and they have won 1-2 games or none at all. 3 years on the bottom doesn’t allow you to recruit.

Dave I’m sure is a good bloke, but to me this was silly. Happy to be proven wrong or be told wrong. This just spells disaster if he only plays 5 games and leaves or gets injured. I’m sure if they recruit a few then some loyal boys will get pushed out and thrown to the skip bin. Just like Steve the twos coach and Trav the head coach.

Good luck to them, my opinion only. Hope they do get what they want out of it but I’m not confident
Im sure he will train Thursday nights otherwise not worth it as would surely be 1500min.

Just so I’m clear, they are losing players and you think bringing in Fev will bring in a few more recruits?
When they do recruit more players local boys will get pushed out?
Am I reading this correctly? Sorry I’m confused

Last edited:
Just so I’m clear, they are losing players and you think bringing in Fev will bring in a few more recruits.
When they do recruit more players local boys will get pushed out?
Am I reading this correctly? Sorry I’m confused
Correct - so I think signing Fev will bring in a couple of recruits who probably will get sucked in to playing with him. Hopefully plays more than 5 games and trains for their sake.

If they get recruits off the back of this purely from Fev then that pushes out blokes from the current senior side. I have purely just assumed Fev would bring 2/3 guys with him. Fev will be 4 points and if he brings anyone with him then they’ll also probably be high points. That then pushes out guys who have been there from the start.

My point is, it’s not the way to rebuild it’s just a quick fix and could do more damage for 2026 and beyond. It has Jacana written all over it and the bosses of East are allowing it

Correct - so I think signing Fev will bring in a couple of recruits who probably will get sucked in to playing with him. Hopefully plays more than 5 games and trains for their sake.

If they get recruits off the back of this purely from Fev then that pushes out blokes from the current senior side. I have purely just assumed Fev would bring 2/3 guys with him. Fev will be 4 points and if he brings anyone with him then they’ll also probably be high points. That then pushes out guys who have been there from the start.

My point is, it’s not the way to rebuild it’s just a quick fix and could do more damage for 2026 and beyond. It has Jacana written all over it and the bosses of East are allowing it

Think you might be selling the coaches and committee way short.

Think you might be selling the coaches and committee way short.

Maybe so without knowing them. Probably a rough comment. If they believe Fev is the answer to surviving in the coming years then it’s not. That’s my opinion. I would have him for 1-2 home games for some buzz but paying that much for one player is crazy. He won’t be on less than 1500. Why wouldn’t East go after some young guns and get a couple for the cost of Fev if they’re going to splash that sort of money? Isn’t this about the playing group and rebuilding for the years ahead like coach Dave said in his article today? Just looks like bar, canteen and a business choice with a bandaid fix

Maybe so without knowing them. Probably a rough comment. If they believe Fev is the answer to surviving in the coming years then it’s not. That’s my opinion. I would have him for 1-2 home games for some buzz but paying that much for one player is crazy. He won’t be on less than 1500. Why wouldn’t East go after some young guns and get a couple for the cost of Fev if they’re going to splash that sort of money? Isn’t this about the playing group and rebuilding for the years ahead like coach Dave said in his article today? Just looks like bar, canteen and a business choice with a bandaid fix
I hear you mate but I think it’s a great gimmick for east Sunbury and even the players will enjoy a bit of fun playing with Fev. They had no 18.5s this season so there’s not much below that are missing out. If they can generate some excitement than why not. It’s C grade and they are coming of a winless season. I would be surprised if he plays every away game..

I hear you mate but I think it’s a great gimmick for east Sunbury and even the players will enjoy a bit of fun playing with Fev. They had no 18.5s this season so there’s not much below that are missing out. If they can generate some excitement than why not. It’s C grade and they are coming of a winless season. I would be surprised if he plays every away game..
They did have 18.5s, and without them they would have forfeited more than the 2 reserves games they did this year.

They did have 18.5s, and without them they would have forfeited more than the 2 reserves games they did this year.
Exactly and yes agree Turbo they do need something to pump life back into the place. It’s only a quick fix and not long term. Sadly it’s a worry for 2026+. Every other club would be planning for the future years. I would have invested the money more wisely that’s all

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back