EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

with all the resigning of players wanting to return to the fold (who left due to dropping to Dvn2) coming back to westy, i hope they look after the boys that stuck around and got the club to where they finished and who did it for the club, not money

Maybe so without knowing them. Probably a rough comment. If they believe Fev is the answer to surviving in the coming years then it’s not. That’s my opinion. I would have him for 1-2 home games for some buzz but paying that much for one player is crazy. He won’t be on less than 1500. Why wouldn’t East go after some young guns and get a couple for the cost of Fev if they’re going to splash that sort of money? Isn’t this about the playing group and rebuilding for the years ahead like coach Dave said in his article today? Just looks like bar, canteen and a business choice with a bandaid fix
It is a bandaid but one ES probably need. They continually struggle for players and they lost their point of difference when Rupo & Kangas joined the EDFL. They've tried to attract the "young guns" but they just don't want to go there. Maybe if they attract a few players out of this, they can work on keeping them beyond Fev. At the moment, they just can't attract them in the first place.

with all the resigning of players wanting to return to the fold (who left due to dropping to Dvn2) coming back to westy, i hope they look after the boys that stuck around and got the club to where they finished and who did it for the club, not money
Highly doubt it would be money as they don’t have any. Would not be a player or new recruit on more than $350 so I have heard

Have heard that Rex Hickman and one assistant coach have both left the club? That must be why Westy have gone after Church for experience with Rex leaving. Any news on who might be assistants with Flavel next year as I think Rex was also an assistant coach?
Any other information on what Westy are doing this pre season? They've been pretty quiet compared to other clubs.
Good info, oldbomber79. I just got told the same thing. Rex was very good for Westy this year. He will be missed, nice bloke as well. Westy will be desperate for a good ruckman and another key big man to help out.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Westy’a ruckman also gone. Focussing on making the next Paralympic’s. No I’m not making it up. He has a disability with one of his arms. Got a great leap and was a good tap ruckman. Good on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back