EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

with all the resigning of players wanting to return to the fold (who left due to dropping to Dvn2) coming back to westy, i hope they look after the boys that stuck around and got the club to where they finished and who did it for the club, not money

Maybe so without knowing them. Probably a rough comment. If they believe Fev is the answer to surviving in the coming years then it’s not. That’s my opinion. I would have him for 1-2 home games for some buzz but paying that much for one player is crazy. He won’t be on less than 1500. Why wouldn’t East go after some young guns and get a couple for the cost of Fev if they’re going to splash that sort of money? Isn’t this about the playing group and rebuilding for the years ahead like coach Dave said in his article today? Just looks like bar, canteen and a business choice with a bandaid fix
It is a bandaid but one ES probably need. They continually struggle for players and they lost their point of difference when Rupo & Kangas joined the EDFL. They've tried to attract the "young guns" but they just don't want to go there. Maybe if they attract a few players out of this, they can work on keeping them beyond Fev. At the moment, they just can't attract them in the first place.

with all the resigning of players wanting to return to the fold (who left due to dropping to Dvn2) coming back to westy, i hope they look after the boys that stuck around and got the club to where they finished and who did it for the club, not money
Highly doubt it would be money as they don’t have any. Would not be a player or new recruit on more than $350 so I have heard

Have heard that Rex Hickman and one assistant coach have both left the club? That must be why Westy have gone after Church for experience with Rex leaving. Any news on who might be assistants with Flavel next year as I think Rex was also an assistant coach?
Any other information on what Westy are doing this pre season? They've been pretty quiet compared to other clubs.
Good info, oldbomber79. I just got told the same thing. Rex was very good for Westy this year. He will be missed, nice bloke as well. Westy will be desperate for a good ruckman and another key big man to help out.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

When was the last time you watched him play? I’ll put every asset I have that he won’t play twos and he couldn’t be more of a team player who develops youth. The swipes to him of late have been ridiclious. He was the captain at East and would make a great coach one day just by talking to him. You can’t knock his experience. It’s time to lay off don’t you think? Yes he’s a mate of mine and very well respected. His footy I’m sure will do the talking now and Westy are much better for having him return

Just because he was the captain certainly doesn’t make him a good leader. A good leader doesn’t walk on a club that’s down on their knees to go chase a flag. And don’t tell me he isn’t trying to chase a flag.

Seems to me like that’s setting a pretty poor example his past team mates that he had at east.

Fair enough he has mates at westy but that certainly didn’t stop him from bad mouthing them to everyone at east sunbury while he was playing against westy… pretty funny really…..Your mate, you think you know him, Well guess again people change their stripes when it suits them.

Regardless of all of that there is no certainty he comes back anywhere near the same player he was after his knee injury which was very bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because he was the captain certainly doesn’t make him a good leader. A good leader doesn’t walk on a club that’s down on their knees to go chase a flag. And don’t tell me he isn’t trying to chase a flag.

Seems to me like that’s setting a pretty poor example his past team mates that he had at east.

Fair enough he has mates at westy but that certainly didn’t stop him from bad mouthing them to everyone at east sunbury while he was playing against westy… pretty funny really…..Your mate, you think you know him, Well guess again people change their stripes when it suits them.

Regardless of all of that there is no certainty he comes back anywhere near the same player he was after his knee injury which was very bad.
Wow, hold on - this sounds exactly like a disgruntled goose at ES who is bitter at him leaving??? How could you ever blame the bloke and what he gave East in his time there. Maybe they should have been better to him and matched the input he gave on field??? Good on him, he’s a quality human and a very good local footballer. Have you done your homework on the amount of time he’s spent at Westy v East? History says that’s his home and all his best mates are there. He doesn’t bad mouth his mates so stop fishing for crap!!!

The shameful part about all this is that you’re from East and are throwing darts like that to a bloke that no one would agree to your words about. You should probably start looking at your own club and how you can get better rather than slugging off a good mate of mine. East are in the situation they are in from their own issues and appointing their latest senior coach from who’s available was a poor move. Have not heard great things about him. Anywho, hopefully this isn’t the coach Dave or anyone in high places because this was written in a very poor and distasteful way.. It always comes out in the wash on who writes this and I’m sure he will be equally as disappointed!!!

Distasteful stuff East Sunbury

Last edited:
8 including matty Wallace, you're right. 8 is alot to replace especially if they aren't already from the club. The points system might be a bit tricky to work against next year.

Sent from my SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Matt Wallace hasn’t played for kangaroos for years. Actually played 1 game in 2021 for melton south and this year returned to play with mates in VAFA 7th grade.

Matt Wallace hasn’t played for kangaroos for years. Actually played 1 game in 2021 for melton south and this year returned to play with mates in VAFA 7th grade.
Yea I know, I just included him for the way I was looking at it. Have only signed one bloke from heathcote AFAIK. There are returning players which should ease the sting. I'm sure there is a plan but it won't be easy.

All the boys signed at Giants all want to play RDFNL, like most of the players at Kangas. The writings on the wall for the committee and coaches to see.

If Hume CC pulled their finger out and built our new netball courts as promised a few years ago, I'm sure the club would be looking at the RDFNL. But we can't have senior netballers playing on our court its dangerous. We get complaints from the junior netballers who have to play on it.

Last edited:
Yea I know, I just included him for the way I was looking at it. Have only signed one bloke from heathcote AFAIK. There are returning players which should ease the sting. I'm sure there is a plan but it won't be easy.

All the boys signed at Giants all want to play RDFNL, like most of the players at Kangas. The writings on the wall for the committee and coaches to see.

If Hume CC pulled their finger out and built our new netball courts as promised a few years ago, I'm sure the club would be back in the RDFNL. But we can't have senior netballers playing on our court its dangerous. We get complaints from the junior netballers who have to play on it.

Councils to busy doing roads everywhere 😡😡

Labor have stuffed us but libs no better..

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back