EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
APW definately going in the right direction. New commitee, new recruitment, new coach...all in step in the right direction.

They do have some really good depth with their 2's winning the flag in 2010 and very strong in 2011 and 18's making finals the last few years

Mitch Hahn has a development and match day role for the Pies VFL side. One can only assume he wont be available every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside word is Hillside have been sniffing around some WRFL 18's from Hoppers Scumming and Point cook.

Some good players there but strange way to go

Maybe they have a 5 year plan to win the c grade flag by recruiting kids on big dollars...
after recruiting oldies this season maybe it is a better way to go?
But seriously, offering 18 year olds in the region of $200 a game is dumb, what happened to all the home grown kids everyone talks about year after year?

I thought Sydenham would have been a top 6 side by now... Won back to back 18's flag a couple years back... Club is in a massive growth area with not a lot of clubs nearby to compete with for players... Taylors lakes and Caroline springs being the closest.

Inside word is Hillside have been sniffing around some WRFL 18's from Hoppers Scumming and Point cook.

Some good players there but strange way to go

I thought Sydenham would have been a top 6 side by now... Won back to back 18's flag a couple years back... Club is in a massive growth area with not a lot of clubs nearby to compete with for players... Taylors lakes and Caroline springs being the closest.

Fair call mate - watched them when they beat T L by about 180 pts in a semi and easily rolled R P in granny. Where are those guys now ?

When i get more info from my cousin re: the young guys will let you know

long time reader - first time poster

hillside will be ok this year. as for the guys from hoppers, they are early 20's not juniors. they will be competitive, gaining the services of an aberfeldie senior on baller from this past season, a guy from south australia who previously played in the edfl, possibly 2 guys from queensland with aflq experiance (one hasnt played for 2 seasons and is only 26) plus a few more players being sought. a new coach who has played at the highest level and a group of like minded individuals have got together to try and turn the fortunes of the football club around. the main aim of the club is to avoid c grade and continue to move forward and become a more competitve team with the new players and the guys who have been loyal to the club over the years.

is anyone here or is anyone aware of a team that has found the website footyrecruits.com.au helpful in getting new recruits to their club?

anyone here got any good or bad feedback about it?

i've just had a look at it and it seems like a good concept, but i guess nothing is a guarenteed till you see the blok on the track.

alot of "can play anywhere" , "can do it all" eg : "4 x best and fairest in the fairy floss league" etc.....

just want to know if any clubs have found it useful in capturing talent?

Any news on the struggling teams from 2011 such as JAC, RP, MV, HILL & HAD, Heading into season 2012 and trying to avoid relegation to Div 3?

Almost Garauntee jacana roxy and moonee valley as certain starters in div 3... Even if they were to make some moves to try avoid it they are coming from a very long way back

Hillside and haddy are the only teams from that list that could avoid div 3

long time reader - first time poster

hillside will be ok this year. as for the guys from hoppers, they are early 20's not juniors. they will be competitive, gaining the services of an aberfeldie senior on baller from this past season, a guy from south australia who previously played in the edfl. the main aim of the club is to avoid c grade and continue to move forward and become a more competitve team with the new players and the guys who have been loyal to the club over the years.

Kenny sounds like you are connected at Hillside, my cousin knows a few guys at hoppers scumming and point cook and word was hillside was "looking at some players" from the granny winning 18's.

I interpret "looking at" as being pure rumor and nothing else at this stage, so keep us posted champ

Everyone will start kicking off their Pre-Season soon and we should have a bit more idea of who has picked up who

Former 18's league B&F sayid abdulrahim has left northern saints again... Doesn't want to play under the current coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back