EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern saints have lost one of their ruckmen from 2011... Being a 6'5 bloke he'll be hard to cover... As we all know Decent size ruckmen don't grow on trees

Saints have lost a few senior players from 2011 might find them slide down the ladder a bit in 2012

Loui oppedesiano
Sayid Abdul-rahim
Daniel Torres
Jeremy Bennett

Could be one or two more

Northern saints have lost one of their ruckmen from 2011... Being a 6'5 bloke he'll be hard to cover... As we all know Decent size ruckmen don't grow on trees

Saints have lost a few senior players from 2011 might find them slide down the ladder a bit in 2012

Loui oppedesiano
Sayid Abdul-rahim
Daniel Torres
Jeremy Bennett

Could be one or two more

Where have Torres and Bennett gone?

Bennett will be a big loss, cracker left foot...

Have Northern picked up any new players?

Bennett will be a big loss, cracker left foot...

Have Northern picked up any new players?

Hasn't been many new faces at training. The ones that have didn't really look like automatic 1's players Still early though maybe they will start training after the xmas break. They look to have also lost a couple of fringe 1's players and better 2's players which will impact depth

Sharka showed up for the intra-club game and umpired... Such a waste of talent that he hasn't taken his footy seriously since leaving hadfield.

Havent heard much on the westmeadows front... any news there?

Taylors Lakes will be eager to bounce back up into A grade, have they recruited anyone?

I reckon we (Tullamarine) are the team to beat this year, tracking well before Xmas and have added to our already talanted list.

hearing good things coming out of Roxy Park as well. Have a couple of mates down there, and the new coach as made a good impression so far. Numbers apparantly very high to, with new recruits aswell. Hope they win a few games. Ive seen there coach play, he will make a difference to that side. Can play.

Northern Saints might drop off a bit. Bennett a MASSIVE loss.

i will have a crack at the ladder:

Tullamarine (not biased ;))
Taylors lakes
West Coburg
Airport West
Keilor Park
Northern Saints
East Keilor
Glenroy

Westmeadows
Roxburgh park
Hillside
Hadfield
Moonee Valley
Jacana

Any other predictions...

Taylors lakes
West Coburg
Airport West
Keilor Park
Northern Saints
East Keilor
Glenroy

Westmeadows
Roxburgh park
Hillside
Hadfield
Moonee Valley
Jacana

Any other predictions...

Airport west- recruited a lot of big names
Taylors lakes- always a powerful b grade side
Tulla- always strong
West coburg- rumors about that they've lost a few could slide a little
Glenroy- should improve with a number of guy from craigieburn following whitnall
East keilor- pretty quiet in pre season
Westmeadows- about the same
Northern saints- lost a few
Hillside- could improve very young club
Keilor park- rumors of a bit of turmoil at the devils
Haddy- another club that could suprise or disappoint
Moonee valley- another long year little ability to attract players and shit facilities
Jacana- suprised jacana are still managing to stay afloat to be truthful

tiger_roar I reckon we (Tullamarine) are the team to beat this year said:
i heard a rumour a few gun footballers have left Tulla after 2011 season............

is Tulla replacing or adding?

is this true or na? ;)

Havent heard much on the westmeadows front... any news there?

Taylors Lakes will be eager to bounce back up into A grade, have they recruited anyone?

I reckon we (Tullamarine) are the team to beat this year, tracking well before Xmas and have added to our already talanted list.

hearing good things coming out of Roxy Park as well. Have a couple of mates down there, and the new coach as made a good impression so far. Numbers apparantly very high to, with new recruits aswell. Hope they win a few games. Ive seen there coach play, he will make a difference to that side. Can play.

Northern Saints might drop off a bit. Bennett a MASSIVE loss.

Taylors lakes
West Coburg
Airport West
Keilor Park
Northern Saints
East Keilor
Glenroy

Westmeadows
Roxburgh park
Hillside
Hadfield
Moonee Valley
Jacana

Any other predictions...

APW 4TH = Hahaha

Please

They are Premiership favourites by far in 2012

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Northern Saints might have over achieved a bit last year anyway and if they have lost a few like those mentioned plus some of the depth players then they could fall back down a bit. Bennett is a big loss and don't underestimate the value of Torres, decent ruckman are hard to find

I think Northern Saints might have over achieved a bit last year anyway and if they have lost a few like those mentioned plus some of the depth players then they could fall back down a bit. Bennett is a big loss and don't underestimate the value of Torres, decent ruckman are hard to find

A few people are confusing "surprised" with "over achieved". The saints list is still young and has plenty of upside. The turnover of players is the same as almost every club will go through each year. A few losses yes, but I'm sure the powers that be are working hard on recruiting replacements.

A few people are confusing "surprised" with "over achieved". The saints list is still young and has plenty of upside. The turnover of players is the same as almost every club will go through each year. A few losses yes, but I'm sure the powers that be are working hard on recruiting replacements.

Good for the comp to not have the same old teams playing finals... I'd like to see jacana and roxy improve and change the status quo of B grade

APW 4TH = Hahaha

Please

They are Premiership favourites by far in 2012
Not sure about AW as favourites in 2012 but their list is impressive and couple that with the depth of their reserves (did not loose a game in 2011 and won the flag in 2010) they will be up there that is for sure. My guess is,
Top 4 Tullamarine
Taylors Lakes
Airport West
West Coburg
Top 8 East Keilor
Northern Saints
Glenroy
Westmeadows
Bottom 6 Keilor Park
Hillside
Hadfield
Roxy Park
M/Valley
Jacana

Top 4 Tullamarine
Taylors Lakes
Airport West
West Coburg
Top 8 East Keilor
Northern Saints
Glenroy
Westmeadows
Bottom 6 Keilor Park
Hillside
Hadfield
Roxy Park
M/Valley
Jacana

Pretty good assessment I think, order may be different but I would say the sections you outlined will be pretty close

Northern beat Paco at Paco,one of their 3 losses in 2011 ...
Went a long way in finals campaign.
Northern have 2010 & 2011 senior best in comp winners ...
Full forward won goalkicking award ..
Reserve player came runner up in comp ...
And as you say Fletch 33 still a young list

Surprising yes.. but a very good team

As per the A Grade top 10 recruits for 2012 discussion. Could everbody help list their thoughts on B Grade top 10 recruits for 2012. I can start off by nominating,

Top-10 (Not in any order)
Lance Whitnall (Glenroy) From Craigieburn & Carlton
Daniel Harris (Airport West) From AFL Gold Coast & Nth Melb
Brad Jullier (East Keilor) From WRFL Port Colts
Simon Wiggins (Airport West) From Sunshine ? & Carlton

Please add your thoughts !!

northern beat paco at paco,one of their 3 losses in 2011 ...
Went a long way in finals campaign.
Northern have 2010 & 2011 senior best in comp winners ...
Full forward won goalkicking award ..
Reserve player came runner up in comp ...
And as you say fletch 33 still a young list

surprising yes.. But a very good team

full forward won goalkicking???

Pretty sure Grainger from West Coburg won the Goalkicking award but Ferraro was definitely up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back