EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are refusing to release any contracted players for the coming season. None of them will play for KP.
Why would they release contracted players?
Nobody trying to get out of their contract is going to admit that they'll play if they can't. Bet most will though, especially if they're on some coin. A year out means no pay and devalued the next year.

Well that probably says as much about where KP are at as anything. If they hadn't have mismanaged things maybe none of us would be trying to get out of contracts. Ruining the chances of loyal servants moving on will only add to the cycle. Those players will be lost forever.

Well that probably says as much about where KP are at as anything. If they hadn't have mismanaged things maybe none of us would be trying to get out of contracts. Ruining the chances of loyal servants moving on will only add to the cycle. Those players will be lost forever.

Same thoughts as another KP player I know. Ive never understood why clubs can be bothered holding or blocking clearances and jeopardising relationships down the track.

Let em go, wish them well and encourage them to come back one day by leaving the door open. All this ever does is risk players never wanting to come back as Dasher has pointed out

I'll put this "rumour" to bed once and for all. Yes some players have left. Some didn't like not being picked in the finals and some had a hard time hearing some home truths.

Here is the list of players who have gone. It's no secret, just look at the clearances.

Harmes, Dorazio x 2, Allouche, Laverde all to Yarraville. Harmes the only regular starting 18 player. The rest fringe or 2's. All bar Harmes left due to thinking they should have been playing more. Truth was there were always players ahead of them. Plus they were all given plenty of chances. Every single person who has ever coached will tell you some people have the ambition and their ability all mixed up. These players were no different. Harmes had a very down year and didnt like coaches assessment.

Rajab and Bakopoulos to Northcote Park. Left to go back to home club. Bakopoulos didnt want to leave but did out of loyalty to Rajab after a disagreement with coach.

Egan- offered massive money at Barooga (who wouldn't go).

No one likes players leaving but every single club has players leaving and players coming. They is no mass strike, no dissent and no ill will down at Tulla. We were close last year and that's where we want to get to this year at least.

We have recruited strongly and look good already. Plus there have been a number of surprises just lob up at training which is always nice. I expect us to be there when the whips are cracking.

I'll put this "rumour" to bed once and for all. Yes some players have left. Some didn't like not being picked in the finals and some had a hard time hearing some home truths.

Here is the list of players who have gone. It's no secret, just look at the clearances.

Harmes, Dorazio x 2, Allouche, Laverde all to Yarraville. Harmes the only regular starting 18 player. The rest fringe or 2's. All bar Harmes left due to thinking they should have been playing more. Truth was there were always players ahead of them. Plus they were all given plenty of chances. Every single person who has ever coached will tell you some people have the ambition and their ability all mixed up. These players were no different. Harmes had a very down year and didnt like coaches assessment.

Rajab and Bakopoulos to Northcote Park. Left to go back to home club. Bakopoulos didnt want to leave but did out of loyalty to Rajab after a disagreement with coach.

Egan- offered massive money at Barooga (who wouldn't go).

No one likes players leaving but every single club has players leaving and players coming. They is no mass strike, no dissent and no ill will down at Tulla. We were close last year and that's where we want to get to this year at least.

We have recruited strongly and look good already. Plus there have been a number of surprises just lob up at training which is always nice. I expect us to be there when the whips are cracking.

An honest assessment to say the least product2 and a welcome change from all the dribble normally on bigfooty!

Good luck to Tullamarine in 2012!

Same thoughts as another KP player I know. Ive never understood why clubs can be bothered holding or blocking clearances and jeopardising relationships down the track.

Let em go, wish them well and encourage them to come back one day by leaving the door open. All this ever does is risk players never wanting to come back as Dasher has pointed out

:thumbsu:Well said

l heard the players that are probably trying to leave, are the players that would not come back to the club anyway. lf l was at that club l would do the same thing and not release contracted players. Maybe next time players should not think about signing if there thinking of leaving.

:thumbsu:Well said

sorry but have to strongly disagree.
If a player wants to go, and is not under contract, then wish him all the best and let him know that the door is always open. If a player is under contract then that is diferent, they should honour it.
If you let contracted players just go because they have a better offer or change their mind:
A) What message does it send to the players staying
B) What value does the club show that it puts on contracts. Why not let the next contracted player go when he asks if you set precendent by not taking contracts seriously.
C) When contracted players leave in February March you either have no time to replace them of you need to spend more money to attract a similar player that late in the pre-season.

l heard the players that are probably trying to leave, are the players that would not come back to the club anyway. lf l was at that club l would do the same thing and not release contracted players. Maybe next time players should not think about signing if there thinking of leaving.

Talking about players who still turned up for pre season training despite losing the coach, president and assistant coach right at the start of pre season. These guys didn't want to leave but when that happens and you go to pre season to find only a handful of senior players can you blame players for moving on? KP should be working out how they got to that situation not punishing the guys that wanted the club to work.

As I said it will create a cycle that is even harder to get out of.

If a player wants to go, and is not under contract, then wish him all the best and let him know that the door is always open. If a player is under contract then that is diferent, they should honour it.
If you let contracted players just go because they have a better offer or change their mind:
B) What value does the club show that it puts on contracts. Why not let the next contracted player go when he asks if you set precendent by not taking contracts seriously.
C) When contracted players leave in February March you either have no time to replace them of you need to spend more money to attract a similar player that late in the pre-season.
Shouldn't the club have a responsibility to the player as well? You get promised alot of things when you sign a contract...the club falling to pieces on the eve of the season is never one of those promises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with what you say. but on the other hand why have a bloke there who's heart is not in it?

Shouldn't the club have a responsibility to the player as well? You get promised alot of things when you sign a contract...the club falling to pieces on the eve of the season is never one of those promises.

i hear what you say but AFL Victoria will not release a player from contract just because administration staff of a coach is not to be there. Players signing at clubs that may appear shakey should put a clause in contract ie: will player and sign if ABC is the coach. Then if the coach bales out, the contract is null and void

I would normally agree with this, however i think this situation is very different.

The players signed with all intension of playing at KP, many of them long term KP people. Then before xmas the coach, prez and most of committee all walked and a new coach was only appointed around FEB. Up untill then all the talk was they were going to fold.

If you get offered a job and are happy with the role, the pay working conditions ect and accept and then turn up for your first day and the pay is not what they promised, the job description is different to what you agreed and the job was now based in a different location should you be made still honour what you agreeed to too previously ?

food for thought !

Talking about players who still turned up for pre season training despite losing the coach, president and assistant coach right at the start of pre season. These guys didn't want to leave but when that happens and you go to pre season to find only a handful of senior players can you blame players for moving on? KP should be working out how they got to that situation not punishing the guys that wanted the club to work.

Who trains before xmas anyway l heard the club had all rolls filled just after xmas and that numbers have been ok and have signed 8-10 new players
and will have a under 18 and senoir teams this year. l think these guys are using this situation just to get out of there Contracts.

lf they didn't want to leave in the first place and loved the club so much you would think they would go back.

I would have thought this is where senior players would try and rally the troops. Instead the attitude seems to be "we'll struggle a bit this year, I'll try and find something better".
Part of how the club got to that situation is through players who think training, playing and collecting match payments is enough. KP is a relatively small club. How many of these so called loyal servants put there hands up for any off field roles? Many couldn't even be bothered to turn up for clean up once a season.

Who trains before xmas anyway l heard the club had all rolls filled just after xmas and that numbers have been ok and have signed 8-10 new players
and will have a under 18 and senoir teams this year. l think these guys are using this situation just to get out of there Contracts.

lf they didn't want to leave in the first place and loved the club so much you would think they would go back.

With respect, thats just not good enough. As a player you want to come to pre season and be excited about the season ahead. Pre xmas is the most important time for any club. It builds momentum, it's when recruiting is done and has a major impact on your ability to be competitive. You need players turning up before xmas but more importantly you need a functioning committee, a coach and a president.

I do feel for the club but you cant let it get to that situation then cry disloyalty when guys that actually turned up and tried to help with recruiting etc turn around and decide they dont want to be a part of it anymore.

I would have thought this is where senior players would try and rally the troops. Instead the attitude seems to be "we'll struggle a bit this year, I'll try and find something better".
Part of how the club got to that situation is through players who think training, playing and collecting match payments is enough. KP is a relatively small club. How many of these so called loyal servants put there hands up for any off field roles? Many couldn't even be bothered to turn up for clean up once a season.
I think you will find some of the senior players did attempt this. Fairly hard to convince anyone to get excited and stay when you dont have a coach or administration.

Since when is it the players role to run the club. It's a bonus if you have players willing to do those kind of things not an expectation.

THRU DA LINES- who knew they were shaky? Just missed the finals last year and all indications were KP was on the way up. Fairly drastic turn around hence the mass walk out.

Sorry guys but l have no sympathy for KP. For years Jacana has gone through similar but they keep battling. Moonee Valley last year went through 2 coaches before xmas and only had 7/8 guys at training. Both clubs didnt complain but did the best they could and continue to survive. KP also smashed those clubs by 30+ goals so no sympathy from those clubs lol.

Its unfortunate but they have to dig themselves out of it without crying to the edfl. l think it will be tough for them considering the last few years they have been in contention for finals, but now face the prospect of being in c grade.

Just my opinion guys, but l think clubs like KP, Roxi, Jacana, Valley, Hillside are all in for some serious punishment on and off the ground.

Sorry guys but l have no sympathy for KP. For years Jacana has gone through similar but they keep battling. Moonee Valley last year went through 2 coaches before xmas and only had 7/8 guys at training. Both clubs didnt complain but did the best they could and continue to survive. KP also smashed those clubs by 30+ goals so no sympathy from those clubs lol.

Its unfortunate but they have to dig themselves out of it without crying to the edfl. l think it will be tough for them considering the last few years they have been in contention for finals, but now face the prospect of being in c grade.

Just my opinion guys, but l think clubs like KP, Roxi, Jacana, Valley, Hillside are all in for some serious punishment on and off the ground.

Don't recall anyone asking for sympathy. I just personally believe that when you sign a contract you should honour it. Contracts were with KPFC, not a specific coach/committee member. Believe that some may have had clauses but for the others, the club is still there and will field sides. Until this changes they should honor the contracts they've signed.

Correct, maybe KP just can't afford to pay guys like Murray Silver to kick 20 goals against Jacana and might need to do some hard work recruiting guys who just want to play footy regardless of cash like Jacana, Roxy and Moonee Valley have to every year

Re Clubs in trouble my take is,
Good clubs can see in advance that they may hit an iceberg and work hard not to finish up at the bottom of the ocean. K/Park last year paid a lot to players and lost approx $40k in 2011.
My guess is some players did not get paid or the EDFL? Either way not a good idea.
The club was a good club years ago but with the local primary closure, lack of admin people then this was always going to happen. Good luck with their endevours to survive wish them well.
Cudo to R/Park Jacana SydHillside M/Valley last year they did not spend big on players and did NOT spend beyond their means and abeit not world beaters ON THE FIELD at least are alive and not burdened in debt.
The EDFL has created some of the problem with "C" grade as clubs feel that a "C" GRADE WILL KILL THEM OFF ANYWAY so why not operate on CREDIT & PROMISSSES until the grim reper calls?
The comment of the players is a 50/50 call they ask for the contract $ and conditions and must adhere to them. The club also must provide an envoirment for all to achieve and work a 1 and not be whats in it for me!
If K/Park fall over will B & C Grade still happen. EDFL said they must have a 8 & 6 team comp?
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out and good luck to ALL Clubs in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back