EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Clubs in trouble my take is,
Good clubs can see in advance that they may hit an iceberg and work hard not to finish up at the bottom of the ocean. K/Park last year paid a lot to players and lost approx $40k in 2011.
My guess is some players did not get paid or the EDFL? Either way not a good idea.
The club was a good club years ago but with the local primary closure, lack of admin people then this was always going to happen. Good luck with their endevours to survive wish them well.

The comment of the players is a 50/50 call they ask for the contract $ and conditions and must adhere to them. The club also must provide an envoirment for all to achieve and work a 1 and not be whats in it for me!
If K/Park fall over will B & C Grade still happen. EDFL said they must have a 8 & 6 team comp?
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out and good luck to ALL Clubs in 2012.

KP was not and is not in financial trouble. Have not heard of a single player who was not paid what was due. The problem has been finding volunteers willing to put in the time required. The players have done a serviceable job on the field but for whatever reason (I'm sure I'll hear many) there has not been enough people (players & supporters) willing and able to get involved off field. It's my understanding that junior player & supporter numbers are the strongest in quite a while and that a full committee is now in place. According to the EDFL website, still looking for a playing assistant and two's coach. Given the off season issues recruitment has probably been hampered and natural attrition means that instead of taking a step forward on field a step back may be the result. This to me isn't an excuse to break a contract and in my opinion it would be remiss of the club to excuse those who wish to do so.

KP was not and is not in financial trouble. Have not heard of a single player who was not paid what was due. The problem has been finding volunteers willing to put in the time required. The players have done a serviceable job on the field but for whatever reason (I'm sure I'll hear many) there has not been enough people (players & supporters) willing and able to get involved off field. It's my understanding that junior player & supporter numbers are the strongest in quite a while and that a full committee is now in place. According to the EDFL website, still looking for a playing assistant and two's coach. Given the off season issues recruitment has probably been hampered and natural attrition means that instead of taking a step forward on field a step back may be the result. This to me isn't an excuse to break a contract and in my opinion it would be remiss of the club to excuse those who wish to do so.

To be fair I can confirm I have not heard of anyone not getting paid.

The problem with the above statement is that some of the players were more than willing to help out and did right up until the time the whole thing went pear shaped. These players were not at fault for the way things turned out and I dont think anybody can blame them for looking for another club when they had no coach to train them, no players and no administration. You can trot out the "they signed a contract" line but if guys who actually tried to do the right thing get shafted then you are only continuing the doom cycle. None of those players nor any of the players they helped recruit will ever come back.

Remember these guys are not moving for more money. The one and only reason they are leaving is the sheer instability of the club. Good clubs can sense when the sh*t is about to hit the fan and put measures in place to stop it. To have no coach and no administration at the most important time of the year gives players little choice but to look for another club.

The problem with the above statement is that some of the players were more than willing to help out and did right up until the time the whole thing went pear shaped. These players were not at fault for the way things turned out and I dont think anybody can blame them for looking for another club when they had no coach to train them, no players and no administration. You can trot out the "they signed a contract" line but if guys who actually tried to do the right thing get shafted then you are only continuing the doom cycle. None of those players nor any of the players they helped recruit will ever come back.

Remember these guys are not moving for more money. The one and only reason they are leaving is the sheer instability of the club. Good clubs can sense when the sh*t is about to hit the fan and put measures in place to stop it. To have no coach and no administration at the most important time of the year gives players little choice but to look for another club.

And let's face Facts, the place is a windswept shite hole anyway

Allen, Brayden Collins, Sam Doughty, Robbie Garita, Jordan Green, Andrew Green, Andrew Hall, Daniel Hutchison, Liam Hutton, Ben Hutton, Jackson Koulouriotis, Chris Le Cerf, Brent Morgan, Paul Norton-Reid, Jackson Silver, Murray Wilson, Joshua Wilson, Luke

How many of these guys are long term servants of the football club?

Allen, Brayden Collins, Sam Doughty, Robbie Garita, Jordan Green, Andrew Green, Andrew Hall, Daniel Hutchison, Liam Hutton, Ben Hutton, Jackson Koulouriotis, Chris Le Cerf, Brent Morgan, Paul Norton-Reid, Jackson Silver, Murray Wilson, Joshua Wilson, Luke

How many of these guys are long term servants of the football club?

3-4 guys only the others only 1-2 years l would not let there contracts go because these guys would not come back anyway

Committee had more members than in previous years albeit with key positions at the time vacant so don't see how you arrive at no administration. The manner in which the coach resigned was disappointing and I don't think anyone saw it coming. As far as I know a replacement was appointed promptly and pre-Christmas training occurred but after a reasonable first session numbers dropped off leading to him stepping aside in the hope that a replacement might attract more players in to the fold. Seems to me most cut and run because they feared my original conclusion, that it was going to be a harder season ahead and wanted out. If they had of taken a deep breath and waited they'd see what is there now. A financially viable club with a full committee and experienced coach.

Committee had more members than in previous years albeit with key positions at the time vacant so don't see how you arrive at no administration. The manner in which the coach resigned was disappointing and I don't think anyone saw it coming. As far as I know a replacement was appointed promptly and pre-Christmas training occurred but after a reasonable first session numbers dropped off leading to him stepping aside in the hope that a replacement might attract more players in to the fold. Seems to me most cut and run because they feared my original conclusion, that it was going to be a harder season ahead and wanted out. If they had of taken a deep breath and waited they'd see what is there now. A financially viable club with a full committee and experienced coach.

Totally agree with that :thumbsu:

Shame to see this happening but leads me to think about where are all the under 18`s who dont go on to play seniors in A div as they import most of their players. As stated by many before on here these are the same kids who want to play with there mates....my son played u 18`s with an A club but quickly worked it out that he would be better off playing with a senior B team which he still does because he just loves footy and the guys he played with in the A`s no longer play.

With season only 5-6 weeks away, tyime for predictions>
Teams to finish season in B grade :
1. Taylors Lakes
2. Airport West
3. Tullamarine
4. Westmeadows
5. Northern Saints
6. Glenroy
7. West Coburg
8. ???

Teams to finish season in C grade :
1. Moonee Valley
2. Jacana
3. Roxburgh Park
4. Hillside
5. ???
6. ???

Remaining Teams:
1. Keilor Park
2. East keilor
3. Hadfield

I think that Keilor Park will sneak in despite their current player problems.

Returning a jumper that you have paid for so you can get a clearance must be a new policy @ KP ???

Oh not the old club property thing. Thought that was why players buy their jumpers so THEY own them???

Due to a cancelled practice match this weekend because of floods in Yarrawonga, Yarraville/Seddon FC are looking for a practice match next Thursday night 8th March. ( we have no ground avaiable, so would need to play at your ground ) PM me if interseted :thumbsu:

With season only 5-6 weeks away, tyime for predictions>
Teams to finish season in B grade :
1. Taylors Lakes
2. Airport West
3. Tullamarine
4. Westmeadows
5. Northern Saints
6. Glenroy
7. West Coburg
8. ???

Teams to finish season in C grade :
1. Moonee Valley
2. Jacana
3. Roxburgh Park
4. Hillside
5. ???
6. ???

Remaining Teams:
1. Keilor Park
2. East keilor
3. Hadfield

I think that Keilor Park will sneak in despite their current player problems.

Season 2012 B Grade Predictions
1 Taylors Lakes (Down from A Grade and a little stiff)
2 West Coburg (Always strong last years runner up)
3 Airport West (Recruited very well but untried as yet)
May change in order but clearly all are top 3
4 Tullamarine (A little off field summer turmoil should settle down?)
5 Northern Saints (Added a little on the right track)
6 East Keilor (Added some lost some harder drawer in 2013)
7 Glenroy (Add big Lance goals good Aaron Kite TBC ?)
8 Westmeadows (Mixed feed back not sure?)

9 Keilor Park (Can not see how they will make the 8)
10 Hadfield
11 Hillside
12 M/Valley
13 R/Park
14 Jacana

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2012 B Grade Predictions
1 Taylors Lakes (Down from A Grade and a little stiff)
2 West Coburg (Always strong last years runner up)
3 Airport West (Recruited very well but untried as yet)
May change in order but clearly all are top 3
4 Tullamarine (A little off field summer turmoil should settle down?)
5 Northern Saints (Added a little on the right track)
6 East Keilor (Added some lost some harder drawer in 2013)
7 Glenroy (Add big Lance goals good Aaron Kite TBC ?)
8 Westmeadows (Mixed feed back not sure?)

9 Keilor Park (Can not see how they will make the 8)
10 Hadfield
11 Hillside
12 M/Valley
13 R/Park
14 Jacana
Taylors Lakes (Down from A Grade and a little stiff) ?? Simple equation they didn't win enough games !!!

Taylors Lakes (Down from A Grade and a little stiff) ?? Simple equation they didn't win enough games !!!

Lost a lot of players from last season, I think Airport West team to beat.

Apw seem to have a shitload of incoming clearances... Some may be juniors though... Good signs nonetheless

Apw to win the b grade flag for mine at this stage

What I implied is the fact that the some of the games they lost were by a small margin and Douta Stars could easily have beeen the relagated team in 2010 & 2011. Also they were easily the stand out team in B-Grade in 2010. The question is can P/Vale stay in A-Grade past 2012? History will tell you that unless you can add $$$$ to your budget & recruit well to cover the loss of players retiring after a P/Ships then as per T/Lakes 2011 & Glenroy 2011 then they will fall back to B-grade with a losing stigma attatched?

Apw seem to have a shitload of incoming clearances... Some may be juniors though... Good signs nonetheless

Apw to win the b grade flag for mine at this stage

No doubt about it APW have recruited well and deserve to start the season as warm favourites i.m.o , However they would want to adress the trend of recent seasons where they turn up to "must win games" and put in absolutely insipid performances. I've seen them on 3 occasions in the last 2 seasons where they were playing for a spot in the finals only to put in very soft efforts.

No doubt about it APW have recruited well and deserve to start the season as warm favourites i.m.o , However they would want to adress the trend of recent seasons where they turn up to "must win games" and put in absolutely insipid performances. I've seen them on 3 occasions in the last 2 seasons where they were playing for a spot in the finals only to put in very soft efforts.

APW will have the most impressive team sheet in B Grade. But if we remember the early days of Marby's big spend when they were in B Grade before winning the flag, you will remember that their team took 2-3 years for the nomad recruits to gel before they won the flag. It also meant that Marby had to have a big spend every year. Not sure if Airport West can sustain the level of spending that they are doing this year over the next couple of years as they don't have a benefactor like Marby did (Allison Family) and are relying on club revenue only. The big 50th anniversary that APW had in 2011 brought in 30-40k and this wont happen again until the year 2061 !!! My prediction is that West Coburg (who is the most successful B Grade club in the last 20 years) will win the flag. I say this because without massive recruitment campaigns that other clubs do to get to A Grade, West Coburg are "naturally" a club that sits between A and B grade. It is the right year for APW to have a dip but a bit risky as I am not sure that they are structured to have enough home grown talent to come through. They are poaching other clubs at U16 and 18 level to promote a development pool but my thinking is that most of the kids that they poach will return to their original club once the hype is over and they realise that they will not be playing seniors

APW will have the most impressive team sheet in B Grade. But if we remember the early days of Marby's big spend when they were in B Grade before winning the flag, you will remember that their team took 2-3 years for the nomad recruits to gel before they won the flag. It also meant that Marby had to have a big spend every year. Not sure if Airport West can sustain the level of spending that they are doing this year over the next couple of years as they don't have a benefactor like Marby did (Allison Family) and are relying on club revenue only. The big 50th anniversary that APW had in 2011 brought in 30-40k and this wont happen again until the year 2061 !!! My prediction is that West Coburg (who is the most successful B Grade club in the last 20 years) will win the flag. I say this because without massive recruitment campaigns that other clubs do to get to A Grade, West Coburg are "naturally" a club that sits between A and B grade. It is the right year for APW to have a dip but a bit risky as I am not sure that they are structured to have enough home grown talent to come through. They are poaching other clubs at U16 and 18 level to promote a development pool but my thinking is that most of the kids that they poach will return to their original club once the hype is over and they realise that they will not be playing seniors

Most of the kids that they recruit come from A div who will never play seniors either unless they`re damm good .....funny how people on here bung it on the likes of some of the teams who will end up in C div as those clubs have very few recruits and are made up of mates who just want to play footy. Money is the major cause of the problems in this league and will continue to be so until the point system is brought in

I would have thought this is where senior players would try and rally the troops. Instead the attitude seems to be "we'll struggle a bit this year, I'll try and find something better".
Part of how the club got to that situation is through players who think training, playing and collecting match payments is enough. KP is a relatively small club. How many of these so called loyal servants put there hands up for any off field roles? Many couldn't even be bothered to turn up for clean up once a season.
You obviously must be some kind of mind reader to make such a ridiculous statement. How can you possibly know what the players "think"? They are not "servants" and yes they have been loyal. As far as putting their hands up off field and cleanup duty you have now idea.

Many couldn't even be bothered to turn up for clean up once a season.

To be fair I doubt many players from any clubs show up to their clubs working bees most guys just don't give a ****... I know northern saints working bee last year was attended by one player, the majority of people who contributed were all committee members...

Same story at every club though... Too much left to too few

To be fair I doubt many players from any clubs show up to their clubs working bees most guys just don't give a ****... I know northern saints working bee last year was attended by one player, the majority of people who contributed were all committee members...

Same story at every club though... Too much left to too few

I think it is more that people have a life outside of the club.
A working bee on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday night instead of training during pre season would get lots done. Wouldn't cost you much in fitness.

I think it is more that people have a life outside of the club.
A working bee on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday night instead of training during pre season would get lots done. Wouldn't cost you much in fitness.

The people that do attend Also have lives outside their clubs...

It's just 2 hours one Saturday per year for players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back