EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If their is only or 5 or 6 clubs playing against each other every 4 or 5 weeks, it will die off , clubs will look at other leagues as well as players

Agree with this... Already saw it when the edfl in their "wisdom" cut the number of clubs in the junior 3rd div.., had 10 teams in 2nd div and 6 clubs in 3rd div

My club lost a number of juniors to pascoe vale and hadfield and oak park due to kids and their parents not wanting to play the same sides every four weeks... Was a horrible decision which was rectified the year after... The damage was done though

Agree with this... Already saw it when the edfl in their "wisdom" cut the number of clubs in the junior 3rd div.., had 10 teams in 2nd div and 6 clubs in 3rd div

My club lost a number of juniors to pascoe vale and hadfield and oak park due to kids and their parents not wanting to play the same sides every four weeks... Was a horrible decision which was rectified the year after... The damage was done though

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Ruthless

Messing with the future of clubs is absolutely ignorant by EDFL

these kids are the future senior footballers, i think the league needs to wake up

Collateral Damage you say...

"The EDFL will NOT mess with the INTEGRITY of A Grade"... i heard

So lets just say every club in A Grade has nothing to be worried about because relegation to B Grade, is not relegation to C Grade.

This is the B Grade thread

Dont get me wrong i think that the league and clubs will benefit & prosper by introducing a 3rd tier, if done correctly
If the EDFL dont get this "c grade" move right , i think the EDFL will look back and regret the way they went about things...
All you have to do is see the clubs that are not going well this year..(because EDFL said c grade was coming in this year.full stop.) with limited information about the implementation of this, caused clubs to be anxious, concerned etc.

EDFL want a strong 3 tier league, im all for this & it will be great, but it wont be if they have there blinkers on...... shouldnt rush this kind of decision.
If their is only or 5 or 6 clubs playing against each other every 4 or 5 weeks, it will die off , clubs will look at other leagues as well as players.

.....and IF a club folds, what would they do with c grade :footy:

You need to read my post again as you have totally misunderstood my point.
1. I don't mention anything about the integrity of A G rade.
2. I know this is a B Grade thread. I am referring to the different mindset that B Grade club now have to have. That is, if they are not travelling well half was through the season, it is no longer a matter just seeing out the season and queing up again the following year where they left off in B Grade. They need to work hard to not only try to play finals but now also work hard to stay off the bottom. (to avoid relegation) This puts added pressure on clubs financially as they now have to recruit in B Grade a little bit harder and with more expense to finish above 8th. Where as currently the consequence of finishing 8th did not mean relegation.
3. Read my post. At no stage did I say that C Grade is a bad move. I am a proponent of the C Grade and league expansion. If it doesn't, it will become a bouteque league surrounded by a powerful Northern Leage with 30 plus clubs (and growing) and a WRFL who are going to a 3 tier competition in 2013 or 2014 with over 34 clubs.

You need to read my post again as you have totally misunderstood my point.
1. I don't mention anything about the integrity of A G rade.
2. I know this is a B Grade thread. I am referring to the different mindset that B Grade club now have to have. That is, if they are not travelling well half was through the season, it is no longer a matter just seeing out the season and queing up again the following year where they left off in B Grade. They need to work hard to not only try to play finals but now also work hard to stay off the bottom. (to avoid relegation) This puts added pressure on clubs financially as they now have to recruit in B Grade a little bit harder and with more expense to finish above 8th. Where as currently the consequence of finishing 8th did not mean relegation.
3. Read my post. At no stage did I say that C Grade is a bad move. I am a proponent of the C Grade and league expansion. If it doesn't, it will become a bouteque league surrounded by a powerful Northern Leage with 30 plus clubs (and growing) and a WRFL who are going to a 3 tier competition in 2013 or 2014 with over 34 clubs.

i understood you mate

1.i know you didnt , i did
2. some B Grade clubs spent up big last year $$$, and are in trouble this year
3.i know you didnt, i was just voicing my opinion
4.read my post again
5.go bombers

and a WRFL who are going to a 3 tier competition in 2013 or 2014 with over 34 clubs.

The wrfl has gone backwards in recent years ... Can't see them having 3 divisions anytime soon even if they plan to

Edfl is miles ahead of the wrfl

I think the edfl should have really tried to get Caroline springs and coburg districts across with the 3rd div being implemented... with the proviso that districts re start their juniors which Could have been done.

The wrfl has gone backwards in recent years ... Can't see them having 3 divisions anytime soon even if they plan to

I think the edfl should have really tried to get Caroline springs and coburg districts across with the 3rd div being implemented... with the proviso that districts re start their juniors which Could have been done.
they are and them and another established club not far from being announced as entering edfl in 2013

I agree the EDFL are miles ahead. One of the largest groth corridors of Melbourne extends down to Werribee, hoppers, Caroline Springs areas. I am not talking about quality but in terms of quantity, the EDFL must ensure that they don't become landlocked with NFL WRFL and Riddell on all sides. They must expand now and claim areas as part of theirs.

I don't think Cob.Disricts ever had juniors ,maybe your thinking of Batman fc or St Andrews fc and that would have to be 25 years ago.Maybe I'm mistaken but either way if they were to get juniors they would have to come from the neighbouring EDFL clubs which wouldn't go down well with these clubs already in a crowded area.

I don't think Cob.Disricts ever had juniors ,maybe your thinking of Batman fc or St Andrews fc and that would have to be 25 years ago.Maybe I'm mistaken but either way if they were to get juniors they would have to come from the neighbouring EDFL clubs which wouldn't go down well with these clubs already in a crowded area.

It's definitely an area which doesn't need another club with juniors. Already well covered.

Districts had juniors just before they left the edfl

It's definitely an area which doesn't need another club with juniors. Already well covered.

Pascoe vale is one of the super clubs talked about on here with numerous teams in each age group... Hadfield oak park west coburg and glenroy each have two sides in every age group... I think there is enough kids in the area... Pascoe vale is a bit of a changing demographic... Younger families are moving Back into the area... Primary schools in pascoe vale are all expanding and near capacity... Triple the number of kids than 5 years ago

Pascoe vale is one of the super clubs talked about on here with numerous teams in each age group... Hadfield oak park west coburg and glenroy each have two sides in every age group... I think there is enough kids in the area... Pascoe vale is a bit of a changing demographic... Younger families are moving Back into the area... Primary schools in pascoe vale are all expanding and near capacity... Triple the number of kids than 5 years ago
If Coburg Districts had juniors just before they left as you say, then why did they leave the EDFL in the first place?
Fact 1. Cob.Dist's were forced out of the EDFL because they had no juniors.
PascoeVale a "Super Club" with numerous teams in each age group.
Fact 2. PVFC have 2 x u16 , 1 x u14 , 2 x u12 , 3x u10 no different to other clubs in the area and have recently been demoted to div.2 .Hardly a so called super club where juniors are concerned.
Happy to read your thoughts but lets deal with facts.

i rememeber playing against Coburg Districts when i was young , would be over 20 years ago....one of my mates played for CD against us in EDFL same age group...may have been a praccy match , dont think they were around for too long though :footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way local clubs and the EDFL are heading/at the moment, with player payments, big name players, attracting juniors etc. There is Alot of coin involved.. Its hard enough for clubs as is

I dont think another club within the local clubs areas of
Oak Park-Glenroy-Hadfield-Northern Saints-Pascoe Vale-Strathmore-WestCoburg
would work..

These clubs above have worked their backside off to be strong clubs.... with attracting juniors, trying to save money, gaining sponsors etc.
To try and sustain their future in the EDFL

If the EDFL were fair dinkum about chasing their 3 division dream, why would they not re address the Junior alignment rules.
With junior clubs having numerous sides in the same age groups, the league must surely have a grading system that sees some clubs not fielding sides in say A grade etc. What would be the difference if a side didn't have any juniors?
Why is it necessary that they must have a junior division. Is it for stablilty? i doubt that, as the talk is about how many clubs are on there knees, its proof that juniors or not some clubs will still struggle to survive.

Lets just say there will be plenty of lions in edfl football next year

So do you meen Coburg Districts FC. The Mighty Lions..
& Sunbury Lions FC?

Not a fan of Pokies in Local football, let alone the EDFL
every which way you look at it

History lesson Coburg Districts had Juniors in EDFL 1981-1987 mainly U 13's thru to U18's.

1987 forfiets in U 18's had EDFL withdraw their playing permit as a Club in EDFL and subsequently the Club was admitted to Footscray Districts Football league in 1988
where they won their only Senior flag so far playing against another EDFL discard in Ascot Vale.

Interesting that AUSKICK is starting at Coburg Districts this year and looks like the area is embracing the Club as it has over 60 kids registered when it starts in the next few weeks.

The way local clubs and the EDFL are heading/at the moment, with player payments, big name players, attracting juniors etc. There is Alot of coin involved.. Its hard enough for clubs as is

I dont think another club within the local clubs areas of
Oak Park-Glenroy-Hadfield-Northern Saints-Pascoe Vale-Strathmore-WestCoburg
would work..

These clubs above have worked their backside off to be strong clubs.... with attracting juniors, trying to save money, gaining sponsors etc.
To try and sustain their future in the EDFL

northern saints!!! lol lol lol

northern saints!!! lol lol lol

Yes, please humor us all Mr. Myrtleford/Sunbury.... . .

After your cocky post, i thought i should go and watch the Northern Saints Vs Lalor today.
Final scores were Northern 118 Lalor 101, very good display of football by both teams.
Saad looks like a very handy pickup for NS along with Michael Cassinides from Coburg ..Rocky & Charles looking very dangerous also...ns were too quick. Mate down there also told me that a few were not playing, including 2011 comp B&F winner Tamer...

So let us know whats so funny rioli brownlow

Yes, please humor us all Mr. Myrtleford/Sunbury.... . .

After your cocky post, i thought i should go and watch the Northern Saints Vs Lalor today.
Final scores were Northern 118 Lalor 101, very good display of football by both teams.
Saad looks like a very handy pickup for NS along with Michael Cassinides from Coburg ..Rocky & Charles looking very dangerous also...ns were too quick. Mate down there also told me that a few were not playing, including 2011 comp B&F winner Tamer...

So let us know whats so funny rioli brownlow

Former 18's comp B&F winner Elliot kako also missing... Talented forward Mick Callieri another automatic senior player who hasn't played yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back