EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to see what the video caught at the game today. Numbers 2, 32 and 47 all hit players off the ball. 2's hit on 70 in the 1st quarter was a cheap shot. Same as 32 on 24 in the second. Also what kind of coach picks a player 47 for there first game of the year and tell him to just go around and whack blokes. Disgrace for a coach to do that.
So young won't be playing again this year. Late hit and high contact. Smith had to leave ground. Must get at least 2.
Pretty poor coaching. 47 was playing 3rds @ times this year. Would have been better off playing Nolan.

Even if they do have the heart to play out of their skin and knock off craigieburn

Give the flag to douttas as the only side in my opinion that can knock them off is craigieburn and that is only if the Eagles can get everything to go right on gf day

I'd rather see craigieburn make the gf than tulla.... Nothing against tulla just don't think they have what it takes to knock off douttas
Your kidding yourself you had your chance yesterday no matter who wins EDS are in the box seat

Go tulla
Westy put up a great fight, great game down to the wire played in great spirit, I would have to say Westy were out coached. DC had a lot to say on social media during the week and it bit him on the ass

Premier has to be at coburg saturday, as ess is playing vfl windy hill saturday. hopefully they keep all premier games there and div 1 plays at windy hill sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier has to be at coburg saturday, as ess is playing vfl windy hill saturday. hopefully they keep all premier games there and div 1 plays at windy hill sunday
Premier 1st semi is on Sunday .... If windy hill is available I'd expect it to be played there

Were you watching the same match as everyone else? First half of Football was an absolute rort. They kept Craigieburn in the game. Four of their goals came from a free kick within the play. The second half was just as bad except both club's copped a fair rub of the green. EDFL have some explaining to do, piss weak effort.
So do you think umpires just make things up? If they see something high behind the play, they have to pay the free kick mate! Irrespective of where the play is or what is happening. Maybe if you don't like that and you think it's a "rort" go and tell the players from your side to pull your heads in and not to give the umpires any reason to pay those free kicks that no spectator likes to see because it "ruins the game". Umpires duty is to have the game played in a safe manner, failing to do that by not paying free kicks which have the potential to erupt into something baggers puts in jeopardy the safety of the players and officials.

Watched Tulla v Westy today, hard to see either of them knocking off Craigie. Great game of footy.

What a year by Tullamarine football club everyone had them done at the start of the year. Fantastic game to watch today.

I think coach of the year prize was just locked away. Great job by Tulla.

Your kidding yourself you had your chance yesterday no matter who wins EDS are in the box seat
I'm not associated with any div 1 club mate so I don't have any vested interest either way

I'm just saying for the best grand final possible I want craigieburn to make it

Being a neutral watcher yesterday I will say:
- the umpiring was of a high standard.
- game played in great spirits.
- Tulla a bit to tall overall which probably won them the game.
- West did try hard and tried to switch play a lot.
- If Tulla would have lost it would have been due to undisiplined acts as there was 2 x 50mt penalties and 1 x 100mt penalty that all resulted in goals to West.
- Not sure of the Tulla game plan but they did defend well late and seem to have a bit more run late in the game.
- Tulla #23 was up & about and a bit to quick in the forward line for West.
- West #6 did a very good job down back on #18 considering the height advantage. #18 had to go into the ruck to get some footy.
- West #20 didn't really fire. Bit slow IMO.
- West #68 played well in the ruck and stayed there about 80% I reckon.
- West #14 I thought was very good against Lawrie who also did some good things.
- Tulla #23 moves well but was a bit quite against a small west backline.

Can't say if Tulla can beat Craigieburn but after watching yesterday's game both these sides would need about 10-12 players to compete in premier.

Game was great to watch and could have went either way as West had enough of the ball late just couldn't score. Tulla did have a good following for a club without juniors.

Why do they increase beer prices in finals. Inside rooms $4:50 outside selling for $5. Bit steep IMO.

Keilor is a good ground for div1 finals. Good viewing around the full ground, plenty of car parking etc. "but" why wouldn't they get an electronic scoreboard as the current one is a bit ordinary for finals. Can't see the numbers from certain spots.

Anyway all the best to the remaining clubs.

PS: I also heard a few whispers that it might get ugly if we get a EDS v CB grand final. I think EDS were smart in not getting any reports, so players miss the granny. GF is a different game though.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back