EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with BillyBlogs in that Young is the best midfielder running around in div1. Shylo not far behind him.

You do know Shylo can look after himself so it won't worry him..

Agreed shylo is a strong boy and can definitely look after himself.

in my opinion shylo is the best midfielder in the comp gets plenty of the ball and also kicks goals when he goes forward. Young is a very smart footballer and can be very dangerous around the ground and that left foot of his not only a penetrating kick but his accuracy is on another level.

How many times have you seen young his year turbs

Willo - as mentioned any free Saturday's I have I'm usually at Pacco but watch a few Hillside games as its local. I have seen a bit of Young over the years in premier and thought he was a class player in premier (as per some quotes over the past year). I don't need to see him in div1 as I get a bit frustrated seeing good players playing below there standard as it can't be challenging or motivating in most games. I suppose finals yes but home & away no.

Regards to Shylo remember him at Marby and he was very good during his time there. He does seem to go to sides finals bound. Albion, Marby, Derr Park, Douttas,

PS: Craigieburn a bit to far for me, and Highgate although a good ground is bloody windy & cold..

How many times have you seen young his year turbs

Tell you another reason I don't like going to Highgate as I had a bad experience there. Went to watch Cannons v Western Jets about 6 years ago and one quarter went for about 45-50 mins as the Cannons kicked about 10-12 goals with the wind and the balls were going way down the street at the far end. I can't remember if they had a fence behind the goals at the time or it wasn't high enough..
Plus half my hot chips fell out of the bucket due to the wind. Wasn't happy. Lol

Don't understand why councils in our areas build social rooms in bad spots and grounds in windy areas. Hillside ground also very windy..

Back to the footy after a pretty boring week off.

Couple of really good games coming up I think. Tulla v EK has some real potential and should be close. Tulla by 14. Craigieburn to go 8-0 with a win over the Lakes. EDS v Oak Park should be very good. Reckon Douttas will have more than enough to cover them though. By 34 after a close game for a while. Westmeadows over Hillside by 56. Glenroy with the bonus 4 points.

Don't think for a second that shutting down Shylo is as easy as German, or Tamer. He's on a different level altogether. He won't cop the crap that number 2 dished out.

Shame for Kite with his facial fractures, not his year as of yet.

Also some rumblings that there's a big name key forward very unhappy with the club he's at. Stay tuned.
So is Kite out for the year due to the facial injuries? If so, can't see doutta beating C'burn without him.

Watched most of the last half of Douttas v Oak Park ( after attending the Marby v Pacco first half) and was pretty close just after half time but Oak Park failed to convert and then Douttas kicked some late goals and it was over by 3 quarter time. Douttas just to tall for a determined Oak Park. Not sure they can win it though..

Kade Carey played but looked a bit low on match fitness. Great footballer and hope he can cause some damage, but just think you might have seen the best of Kade, but in the end it's div1 so his probably worth the risk..

Oak Park have a few really good players and playing some younger guys so good on them, just lacked height. Their ruckman was only just over 6 foot. Was talking to the Oak Park boys and they are working to a low budget so in the end are doing well and competitive. Still a damm good club on field and off field. Hope they can get back to premier league in the coming years where they belong..

Watched most of the last half of Douttas v Oak Park ( after attending the Marby v Pacco first half) and was pretty close just after half time but Oak Park failed to convert and then Douttas kicked some late goals and it was over by 3 quarter time. Douttas just to tall for a determined Oak Park. Not sure they can win it though..

Kade Carey played but looked a bit low on match fitness. Great footballer and hope he can cause some damage, but just think you might have seen the best of Kade, but in the end it's div1 so his probably worth the risk..

Oak Park have a few really good players and playing some younger guys so good on them, just lacked height. Their ruckman was only just over 6 foot. Was talking to the Oak Park boys and they are working to a low budget so in the end are doing well and competitive. Still a damm good club on field and off field. Hope they can get back to premier league in the coming years where they belong..
C'mon ol mate Carey will have no impact at all on the comp his done. Was a good soldier but time is up

C'mon ol mate Carey will have no impact at all on the comp his done. Was a good soldier but time is up

Hey Billy ( my old sparring partner) good to hear from you again.

You might be right and I'm not saying he will necessarily have an impact "but" his probably worth the risk. He looked a bit short of a gallop, which is to be expected and although he looked reasonablely fit is a bit bulkier that when he last played. Was encouraging players at the huddle but only played about 50% of the last half that I was there. Douttas are pretty young so guessing they need some experience and with Kite out they probably need him as a target. The downside is his opponent took off a few times and Kade wasn't chasing to hard so that big ground is probably not yo his likening.
The question will be can he get some game time and be a vital player come finals.. Who knows but they will need to watch him..

Mate, once again I never started the Campbell/Glenroy thing, just responded with some opinions. Glenroy appear safe from relegation so playing kids I imagine, but any team in div1 would welcome Campbell into their starting 18. Even Craigieburn. Pretty smart & tough footballer. Anyway let's move on from Campbell as his retired I assume..

Hey Billy ( my old sparring partner) good to hear from you again.

You might be right and I'm not saying he will necessarily have an impact "but" his probably worth the risk. He looked a bit short of a gallop, which is to be expected and although he looked reasonablely fit is a bit bulkier that when he last played. Was encouraging players at the huddle but only played about 50% of the last half that I was there. Douttas are pretty young so guessing they need some experience and with Kite out they probably need him as a target. The downside is his opponent took off a few times and Kade wasn't chasing to hard so that big ground is probably not yo his likening.
The question will be can he get some game time and be a vital player come finals.. Who knows but they will need to watch him..

Mate, once again I never started the Campbell/Glenroy thing, just responded with some opinions. Glenroy appear safe from relegation so playing kids I imagine, but any team in div1 would welcome Campbell into their starting 18. Even Craigieburn. Pretty smart & tough footballer. Anyway let's move on from Campbell as his retired I assume..
Campbell back this week for the craigieburn game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles are looking ominous. Missed the 1st 1/4 but saw the last 3. Lost a couple through injury during the game too. Cam Cloke is a beast.
Got there for the second half was scary to watch how good the eagles boys were. The last 5 games are streets ahead of there opponents. Unfortunately 3-4 injuries on saturday i hear to some pretty handy players hope they not to bad

Got there for the second half was scary to watch how good the eagles boys were. The last 5 games are streets ahead of there opponents. Unfortunately 3-4 injuries on saturday i hear to some pretty handy players hope they not to bad

Mcerlain did a hammy and was the worst. Fletch was lower back (I think), but he should be ok. Others were minor. Saliba was a very good in and I thought Ben Fynch and Terzy were excellent.

Carey no where near what he was however may be handy, kicked 2 goals 7 i think so good to have 9 shots on goal. Has been tremendous in assisting with recruiting and also in general off field. And i would think Kite would play in 5 or 6 weeks maybe, theres a bye so extra week will be handy. And yes Craigieburn would be the team to beat for sure although even though the round one result didn't go our way we had no Kite, Ronaldson or Carey and they were pretty much full strength so they are beatable imo.

Mcerlain did a hammy and was the worst. Fletch was lower back (I think), but he should be ok. Others were minor. Saliba was a very good in and I thought Ben Fynch and Terzy were excellent.
Seen J.cloke really struggling with some injury an young hobbled off late i thought

Carey no where near what he was however may be handy, kicked 2 goals 7 i think so good to have 9 shots on goal. Has been tremendous in assisting with recruiting and also in general off field. And i would think Kite would play in 5 or 6 weeks maybe, theres a bye so extra week will be handy. And yes Craigieburn would be the team to beat for sure although even though the round one result didn't go our way we had no Kite, Ronaldson or Carey and they were pretty much full strength so they are beatable imo.
They have about 5 new players fletcher/Hamilton/Terzi/ saliba Macca

I think you'll find that oak parks ruckman went off at the start of the 2nd quarter. Didn't return. It was probably a huge loss for them cause he was very dominate. Not sure who he is. Number 11 can anyone help out here

I think you'll find that oak parks ruckman went off at the start of the 2nd quarter. Didn't return. It was probably a huge loss for them cause he was very dominate. Not sure who he is. Number 11 can anyone help out here

Yes mate, did hear there main ruckman wasn't playing. Think he didn't play at all. Still probably a tall (or two) short of causing an upset against the top 2 I think.

I am very intrigued by tulla again they played 1 quarter of good footy and won easy. They had 3 top liners out the mail I have is they haven't jelled as a group they haven't been belted by anyone and just wonder what's going on down there looking forward to them playing craigieburn

I am very intrigued by tulla again they played 1 quarter of good footy and won easy. They had 3 top liners out the mail I have is they haven't jelled as a group they haven't been belted by anyone and just wonder what's going on down there looking forward to them playing craigieburn
I thought tulla were the closest to beating craigieburn this year although I missed the eds game. Only time one of the clokes were moved out of the forward line this year which proved the difference with cam great around the ground.

I thought tulla were the closest to beating craigieburn this year although I missed the eds game. Only time one of the clokes were moved out of the forward line this year which proved the difference with cam great around the ground.
Round 1 v glenroy , 1 point is pretty close , cam cloke was in the ruck that day for a qtr or two and also lose man in defence from my memory ,

I've seen 3 tulla games and IMO they have the best back 6-8 in the comp been together a long time, but they'd have to keep them to 10/12 goals to win, big ask

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back