EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I spent the whole day at the ground yesterday and certainly got my 15 bucks worth, although maybe a two day pass would be good to go with those of us going to the footy today. 3 Grand finalists is a great achievement and should be duly noted, plus they won the 16s grannie as well. EDS are well placed moving forward.

We've got some work to do and it starts today with our 18s and reserves getting through to next week.

Hopefully the day's a ripper like it was yesterday with some great footy to go along with it.

What were your thoughts on the cragieburn game plan yesterday ? It was good for a half but how many sides can really play that hard aggressive stand over footy for 4 qtrs ? How do you see your side turning it around in a fortnights time an also minumizing the 35 scoring shots eds had !

What were your thoughts on the cragieburn game plan yesterday ? It was good for a half but how many sides can really play that hard aggressive stand over footy for 4 qtrs ? How do you see your side turning it around in a fortnights time an also minumizing the 35 scoring shots eds had !

I'll think about it today and get back to you. :)

While Congratulations go to Douttas,isn't amazing when Ross is running around belting people behind play that's funny and ok get some of there own back and bleet you bet. On the umpires if that is the 3 best field umpires the EDFL can come up with in a senior final then they have real big problems.They were inconsistent too both sides and confusing with blatantly bad decisions give the 3 a rule book and send them home to study.When Douttas players commented to Craigieburn boys " I hope we get these umpires in a Grand Final" and the "umpires are murdering you guys". Cheap hits try 32 from EDS and 4 ,24 so get back in your beer can and shut the &&** up your dribbling shit as usual as Little Fella said it was to be physical not to whack blokes.

No cheep shots seen from the douttas boy, controlled themselves in the moment. Young should get 4 weeks for the hit on smith knocking him out

No cheep shots seen from the douttas boy, controlled themselves in the moment. Young should get 4 weeks for the hit on smith knocking him out
I felt as though douttas sucked eagles lads in especially when eagles had possession. There were 3 massive reversals that went ds way where eagles reacted to ds, really well played in that regard and an area for concern for eagles

Why do some people lose all concept of socially acceptable behaviour when they go to the local football? Disgusting behaviour, grown adults simply embarrassing themselves. Women and children have to listen to some of the most vile language and behaviour, supporters taking swings at each other at quarter time and constant yelling of abuse between supporters.

Last edited:
EDS were very unlucky to be relegated last year, so it's good to see a club rebound quickly. In hindsight they should have been offered an opportunity to stay up in premier "if" the league knew a few clubs in premier were struggling early, the league should have provided some options. In the end, premier is where the league is looked at.
Might have evened out both premier and div1 if EDS do win it easy this year.

I've read about the Young incident, which is not like him to do. Never heard of him doing anything untoward when playing for Avondale. The kid is usually a ball player and a damm good one.

Agree some of the language used and behaviour was out of control, on the umpiring did anyone notice the female umpire pay a mark from a five meter handball? Also heard rumours she is romantically involved with an eds player not sure if this is true or just something said after her one sided decisions
Were you watching the same match as everyone else? First half of Football was an absolute rort. They kept Craigieburn in the game. Four of their goals came from a free kick within the play. The second half was just as bad except both club's copped a fair rub of the green. EDFL have some explaining to do, piss weak effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing said about the abuse Wallis gave the umpires at half time it's was a disgrace I think the edfl will have to do something about it not a very good example from a coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought EDS would be too quick and that's how it turned out. A bit smarter too.

Not sure what the Eagles can do to match it with them, although I'm not even sure they'll get past next week anyway.

Nothing said about the abuse Wallis gave the umpires at half time it's was a disgrace I think the edfl will have to do something about it not a very good example from a coach

Your a sook. Hahaha reading what you have to say is funny.

Yesterday it was the umpires
And how eds apparently spend 80k more than cburn. When the clokes and young would cost in excess of 100k for three players.
Now today your complaining about wallis.
Obviously a bit envious.

Eds have played cburn in 12 qtrs and have only lost 3 FACT! Can't blame the umpires for that.

Your a sook. Hahaha reading what you have to say is funny.

Yesterday it was the umpires
And how eds apparently spend 80k more than cburn. When the clokes and young would cost in excess of 100k for three players.
Now today your complaining about wallis.
Obviously a bit envious.

Eds have played cburn in 12 qtrs and have only lost 3 FACT! Can't blame the umpires for that.
$100k for three players u must be on the same stuff as sylo

Congratulations Tulla. They have the moxie to knock off Craigieburn next week. And I reckon most of the division want to see it happen as well.
Even if they do have the heart to play out of their skin and knock off craigieburn

Give the flag to douttas as the only side in my opinion that can knock them off is craigieburn and that is only if the Eagles can get everything to go right on gf day

I'd rather see craigieburn make the gf than tulla.... Nothing against tulla just don't think they have what it takes to knock off douttas

People have been writing off Tulla all year. Craigieburn from what I saw on Saturday lack runners and on a big ground will suit Tullas running game. Also Tulla did beat Douttas convincingly last time they played so to say it's a one horse race is a bit strange. Of course Douttas are favourites but grand finals are a different beast

People have been writing off Tulla all year. Craigieburn from what I saw on Saturday lack runners and on a big ground will suit Tullas running game. Also Tulla did beat Douttas convincingly last time they played so to say it's a one horse race is a bit strange. Of course Douttas are favourites but grand finals are a different beast
Given craigieburn have beaten tulla twice this year reckon they would be happy with today's result

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back