EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time he tried anything along those lines he was sat on his backside..
Hopefully it doesn't come to bluing and is just a good hard game of footy.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
BJ, are you referring to that final v GV at Keilor some years back now (2011 I think) whilst Kado was playing for Marby.
If so, yeah was a good hit as I was there. Guessing he won't let that happen again.

that when you were on the Marby bandwagon Turbos Mail back in 2011-12 years, you should come back to supporting Marby, we can have a beer together

I heard Shylo was on 30k ? So that takes a fair chunk. ( that includes a decent sign on )

Shylo is quality player who is capable of playing premier and being a clubs top 5-10 players. I'm guessing his on good money to play div1. Which brings my to a new topic for big footy div1.
Who do you think currently playing div1 would be able to play premier and be in your top 5-10 players. So a regular in the best players not just making up numbers so to speak. Shylo & Young are 2 that come to mind. Maybe Trav Dulic. I haven't seen the Clokes this year, so not sure of there fitness etc.

Shylo is quality player who is capable of playing premier and being a clubs top 5-10 players. I'm guessing his on good money to play div1. Which brings my to a new topic for big footy div1.
Who do you think currently playing div1 would be able to play premier and be in your top 5-10 players. So a regular in the best players not just making up numbers so to speak. Shylo & Young are 2 that come to mind. Maybe Trav Dulic. I haven't seen the Clokes this year, so not sure of there fitness etc.

Both Clokes would be a walk up in any Premier side

No 14s / 16s / 18s and a poor reserves side. Wouldn't have the budget to recruit the players needed to be competitive. Therefore would need those kids coming through as they don't ask for the money that recruits do.

Fairly straight forward I would have thought ?
Destroy the clubs a big statement
Not be competitive in prem is probably the write choice of words
As going up for a year then going strate black wouldn't destroy a club
Fairly straight forward I would have thought

how would Tulla go in A grade if they came up by chance?

North, they would get hammered with the side that played Sunday. I'm guessing they would need to recruit a good 10-12 players capable of playing good premier footy. Both Tulla or West in a similar situation at present but they are doing well in div1, however West have juniors coming through. In the end it comes down to your budget, junior talent, and your coaches ability to bring the best out of the group and have a game plan.

PS: I'm not being negative towards Tulla as they would also understand what it takes to be competitive in premier. Are they wanting to go up? At the moment they are probably not looking that far ahead, just want to be competitive in div1 which they are doing well. I'm also surprised how they get competitive teams and are above the Glenroys, Hillsides, Taylor's Lakes etc.

Billy- What's your views as I'm looking from the outside.,

North, they would get hammered with the side that played Sunday. I'm guessing they would need to recruit a good 10-12 players capable of playing good premier footy. Both Tulla or West in a similar situation at present but they are doing well in div1, however West have juniors coming through. In the end it comes down to your budget, junior talent, and your coaches ability to bring the best out of the group and have a game plan.

PS: I'm not being negative towards Tulla as they would also understand what it takes to be competitive in premier. Are they wanting to go up? At the moment they are probably not looking that far ahead, just want to be competitive in div1 which they are doing well. I'm also surprised how they get competitive teams and are above the Glenroys, Hillsides, Taylor's Lakes etc.

Billy- What's your views as I'm looking from the outside.,
Well we want to win that's for sure
the team that CB and EDS wheeled out on the weekend would also need a huge injection of players to be competitive in prem
Would this years EDS team beat last years?
You can have all the juniors you want but if you don't spend ridiculous amounts your not going nowhere in prem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just tried to go through who played on weekend for west. I would estimate 14-15 played juniors with club. Some of those left and have come back recently.
That's what I like about div 1 footy seems a better club environment
After the CB EDS Game not one greenvale player came back to there rooms after there game it's a different dynamic

That's what I like about div 1 footy seems a better club environment
After the CB EDS Game not one greenvale player came back to there rooms after there game it's a different dynamic
Why would a greenvale player go back to there rooms after an away game. Wouldn't thing to many clubs would do that unless clubs made them

Why would a greenvale player go back to there rooms after an away game. Wouldn't thing to many clubs would do that unless clubs made them
To have a beer with your mates a huge majority of our boys go back for a couple with partners and family
We may get flogged for not having juniors but that's turning around fast,but I'd say we are a lot tighter club than most,
You can't buy everything I guess

IMO div1 is a perfect development level for 18 year olds coming into senior footy. However if the kid is above average at that age he should play premier or if some kid has dominated div1 for a couple of years go to premier when your 20-21.
Premier is a good standard and a high % of kids coming out of 18s just are not ready for premier seniors.

It would be interesting to do a study on which div1 teams actually aspire to play premier compared to just winning a premiership and staying in div1. Im not saying forever but on a year to year base.

Example: in the wrfl Parkside nearly folded due to winning a b grade premiership..

What about if we had a system in where premier clubs had an alignment with a div1 club? So players could swap without a formal clearance and it could reduce their points.
It might be a stupid idea but just a discussion point.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back