EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd really love our functions to be supported a little better enhancing the atmosphere

We Will be really trying to think outside the box in terms of promoting the club and finding alternatives to raising funds from the traditional avenues of going cap in hand to sponsors

Without naming him there is someone at the club that wants to create a cafè down the bowling club end that will sustain the footy club with an extra source of revenue ... If it gets up and is successful brilliant idea

Many hands make light work though we can't rely on the few to do all the heavy lifting...

the guy works his arse off. Helps me no end with my business and is a pretty damn good business operator. Club needs more blokes like him. From what I know his the one that worked on getting the club going again after Mick and the boys left prior to getting a new committee. Water under bridge now, but he needs others to help him, just like most other successful clubs have, plenty business people. Generous with his time too!

the guy works his arse off. Helps me no end with my business and is a pretty damn good business operator. Club needs more blokes like him. From what I know his the one that worked on getting the club going again after Mick and the boys left prior to getting a new committee. Water under bridge now, but he needs others to help him, just like most other successful clubs have, plenty business people. Generous with his time too!

Would give you the shirt off his back

Yep he was virtually the only person working when the club was left in a heap by the previous admin and pulled the entire thing together within a month... I have nothing but praise for the man

his business knowledge is vital in helping run the club... I actually wish I could do more to help decrease his workload but I'm just a tradie with no business acumen unfortunately

The club has got rid of the troublemakers for good it is a great place to bring your missus and kids....juniors flourishing...now, it is time to stamp there dominance in the league, a chance to grow players/coaches and instill a winning culture and produce more flags for Fawkner;) :thumbsu:

Would want to sort out the supporters that played up during the halftime incident of the reserves on the last game and the barman who whacked an ex member in the rooms during the seniors.

Would give you the shirt off his back

Yep he was virtually the only person working when the club was left in a heap by the previous admin and pulled the entire thing together within a month... I have nothing but praise for the man

his business knowledge is vital in helping run the club... I actually wish I could do more to help decrease his workload but I'm just a tradie with no business acumen unfortunately
Who is this man you speak of?

Would want to sort out the supporters that played up during the halftime incident of the reserves on the last game and the barman who whacked an ex member in the rooms during the seniors.

Which was all started by an ex northern saints player who was absolutely sniping all day in the 2's... Whacking the smallest blokes on the ground... Blokes that weren't looking... Tripping guys off the ball

His behaviour was an absolute ****ing disgrace and started the all in brawl

And he was the ONLY player sent off the for the day...

The irony is that his family left the club due to behavioural issues at the time which is fair enough.... Yet when we played against him all his did was snipe all day.... Enormously hypocritical

And furthermore after the game this dickhead wanted to go on with it

Bagging our club for supposedly being a rabble being an absolute hero when his club will be lucky to take the park next year

After his behaviour committee members were actually glad he'd left

Bullshit.
Would want to be careful old man, because you are lucky they didnt go to the league, after
(Apparently ) one of your players (dad 40+), while on the field, whacked a spectator over fence. That would have been the end of your club if people wanted to be pricks, glad Northern got rid of ********s like that because apparently he Was from there and had done it before and thats why he got the arse from the club.(except he tried to fight an u18)
So yeah mate, maybe you should pull up for the sake of your new club which is bigger than you and they dont need shit like that from you at the moment so better neck up hey

the barman who whacked an ex member in the rooms during the seniors.

Barman never whacked the bloke

It's the bloke on the bbq you're thinking of... So you're already wrong there

And they exchanged some heated words that's all... Both of them carrying on a bit... I was on the bbq at the time trying to diffuse the situation and OUR club called the police to attend

Bullshit.
Would want to be careful old man, because you are lucky they didnt go to the league, after
(Apparently ) one of your players (dad 40+), while on the field, whacked a spectator over fence. That would have been the end of your club if people wanted to be pricks, glad Northern got rid of ********s like that because apparently he Was from there and had done it before and thats why he got the arse from the club.(except he tried to fight an u18)
So yeah mate, maybe you should pull up for the sake of your new club which is bigger than you and they dont need shit like that from you at the moment so better neck up hey

I am not the bloke you think I am so your threats are probably way off the mark and a bit stupid. Just commenting on what I saw involving the spectators as the reserves teams left the ground at half time. And I genuinely apologise if I got wrong the club helper was performing when he was involved in the other altercation.

Which was all started by an ex northern saints player who was absolutely sniping all day in the 2's... Whacking the smallest blokes on the ground... Blokes that weren't looking... Tripping guys off the ball

His behaviour was an absolute ******* disgrace and started the all in brawl

And he was the ONLY player sent off the for the day...

The irony is that his family left the club due to behavioural issues at the time which is fair enough.... Yet when we played against him all his did was snipe all day.... Enormously hypocritical

Spot on ... club is better off without them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not the bloke you think I am so your threats are probably way off the mark and a bit stupid. Just commenting on what I saw involving the spectators as the reserves teams left the ground at half time. And I genuinely apologise if I got wrong the club helper was performing when he was involved in the other altercation.
A very good mate of mine that played in that game very placid guy... Only ever seen him throw a punch once ever before and that was a long time ago... Saw him throw about 10 in that blue

Said to him afterwards never seen you go off like that... He goes I was always taught never throw them unless you have to. And that was one of those have to moments

Sad part is the kid that started all that trouble can actually play but all he worries about is throwing cheapies if he concentrated on the footy he'd be a damn good player

Sad part is the kid that started all that trouble can actually play
Correct, IIRC Nat Caruso played him in the ones a few times when he was 15/16 so as a young bloke he had opportunities to better his career...., what he was doing playing in the 2s with his Dad for Haddy one can only wonder.
Kid should be playing ones in b grade at least.
I am not the bloke you think I am so your threats are probably way off the mark and a bit stupid.
You being from Haddy and bringing it up is a bit laughable IMO.. Nobody knew about it until you brought it up.
So, I respect Northern for keeping there trap shut...they know it wasn't the whole club it was just a coupla knobs playing up, the situation Haddy are in that was the last thing they needed. Hopefully they take a leaf out of Northerns book and get rid of the heroes.

Last edited:
That got a the same result as Roxy another year in div 2. But didn't have to pay the money as they didn't get on the park for majority of the year.

Same result? You spent a fortune to MISS the finals. Your record vs Roxy is 0-8 in last 3yrs , yet you continue to bag Roxy ? I think the biggest problem with Coburg is your highly paid players (not just last yrs recruits) aren't that good.
Oh & Tankard brings the sponsorship , that's why his still got the top job. Refute all you like but it's a fact.
Maybe you should respect the opposition a bit more ( the comp gets harder & harder each yr & with Cloke etc joining next season it's tougher again ) , At least till you finish above a few of them.
And Yep a few of our boys have been offered big $$ the last couple of yrs to join you , even recently one was guareenteed a flag in 2017, very arrogant for a side who've done nothing in the division for yrs now.

Been a bystander for a while but with Cloke in the division I wanted to create an account and learn about other clubs recruits aswell
Will any defender be able To go anywhere near Cloke?
Who else have jacana gone after?
What about some background on Roxy, MV,CD and NS recruits if anyone can provide?
Another long time reader first time poster.

Welcome...to Turbos mail...lol

Don't think anyone would be stupid enough on here to tell you too much info on recruits or player payments regarding there club/s.
We're all still trying to get our heads around the Cloke to Jacana deal which you are fully aware of... So most clubs are now looking for 7ft+ defenders in basketball stadiums in there local areas.

But if you want the goss and enjoy reading or arguing semantics.., just follow O'l turbs

That got a the same result as Roxy another year in div 2. But didn't have to pay the money as they didn't get on the park for majority of the year.

You sound like one of the disgruntled ex Roxy players who went to Coburg.

Which one are you?, I hardly think nick would have the time to post on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same result? You spent a fortune to MISS the finals. Your record vs Roxy is 0-8 in last 3yrs , yet you continue to bag Roxy ? I think the biggest problem with Coburg is your highly paid players (not just last yrs recruits) aren't that good.
Oh & Tankard brings the sponsorship , that's why his still got the top job. Refute all you like but it's a fact.
Maybe you should respect the opposition a bit more ( the comp gets harder & harder each yr & with Cloke etc joining next season it's tougher again ) , At least till you finish above a few of them.
And Yep a few of our boys have been offered big $$ the last couple of yrs to join you , even recently one was guareenteed a flag in 2017, very arrogant for a side who've done nothing in the division for yrs now.
Spent a fortune ? For a club who doesn't pay sign ons and players such as
Sammy saad playing 3 games
Saad saad missed 7
Fenner missed 7
Nick g played 5
Ferris missed 10+
And te list goes on for first choice players. So with a list the played at least 55 to 60 senior players this year. So if the big players don't play they don't get paid. At least 30 if not more of the players would be on minimum. So not sure how you would say they paid a fortune. They took a risk and it didn't pay off. But yes have the same result as Roxy both stuck in div 2 for now. The sponsors were there before tankard come and will be there when he finishes. As for guaranteed a premiership I think you're source of information is putting a little bit extra on his story mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back