EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game and standing next to the Roxburgh Park coaches box and from what I could hear and see was their assistant coach and someone else, who may have been their stats man keeping score. As some confusion over the scores became apparent at 3/4 time, I heard them all check their scores along with the Team Manager and all their score cards had Roxy 8.10.58 to KP 6.10.46, which also matched the scoreboard. In the last quarter Roxy kicked 2 goals to KP's 3, giving the win to Roxy. Credit to the Roxburgh Park players & officials for keeping their cool during the after game presentations but as I walked to the Roxy change rooms after the game and hung around their door I could hear that they were convinced that something did not smell right and were absolutely filthy with what had just occurred. A call to the EDFL would be made first thing this morning and an appeal for an investigation would be lodged was what I could hear. Collect all the official score cards and team sheets and match them up would be the logical starting point.

Hey mate, one thing is for certain Keilor Park have always been a decent respectful club, unlike some clubs in this league, and the KP coach is one of the better people in the game. They were once in A Grade remember. So whatever comes out of this they will want the 4 points to go who is determined the real winner.

As I said I'm not involved with either club nor did I keep track of the actual scores except the last quarter when I went by the scoreboard saying 58-58 at 3/4 time. But either way this doesn't appear to be correct either looking at the web site results.

And let me finish by saying the way the 2 clubs players & officals handled the situation was respectful to each other which is great to see when people are a bit tense after a tight game. Both coaches should be applauded for having control of the situation. Yes there are always a few idiot supporters carrying on after having a few beers and just for the sake of trying to act tough, but I guess clubs can't control everyone.

Either way KP have definitely improved as played part of the last quarter with no bench and 17 players due to injuries. If people believe Roxy are a top 4 side then KP mustn't be far away. I watched sone highlights of the Moonee Valley game and they look to be the team to beat with East Keilor. Moonee Valley are a very disciplined team I'm hearing which will serve them well come finals time and could be the difference.

A lot of the things you say here are correct, such as KP have improved and the tense situation was well handled.
One thing & the major thing that is incorrect though, is that scoreboard did not show 58 all at 3/4 time. The live score did, but the scoreboard had the correct score of 58 to 46 in RP's favour.
The 1/2 score was correct in that KP were 5 points up. A 4 goal to 2 3rd quarter had RP 2 goals up. A 2 goal to 1 last by KP, gives a 1 goal win to RP.
I can't understand how that's so hard to work out.
Clearly the goal umpire has marked his card wrong or there's something more sneaky going on.
Surely the KP coaching staff know the real result & and need to acknowledge that.

A lot of the things you say here are correct, such as KP have improved and the tense situation was well handled.
One thing & the major thing that is incorrect though, is that scoreboard did not show 58 all at 3/4 time. The live score did, but the scoreboard had the correct score of 58 to 46 in RP's favour.
The 1/2 score was correct in that KP were 5 points up. A 4 goal to 2 3rd quarter had RP 2 goals up. A 2 goal to 1 last by KP, gives a 1 goal win to RP.
Clearly the goal umpire has marked his card wrong or there's something more sneaky going on.
Surely the KP coaching staff know the real result & and need to acknowledge that.
Surely someone from each team has marked down players who have kicked goals, points etc.... How can this still be being talked about, has one team magically made up that a player has kicked a goal or so when they haven't, surely the goal umpires would have checked over scores at the end of each quarter.... If the goal umpires have not correctly scored the match then call it a draw and send these goal umpires back to the junior ranks or better yet to a maths tutor until they're ready to do the job properly....

Cheers 5th quarter. You are also correct but think after the 3/4 huddles the scoreboard changed to read 58-58 as I seen it change after both goal umpires conferred at 3/4 time, as someone was trying to get the scores to update the EDFL app which did then show 58-58. The goal umpires didn't appreciate the questions on confirming the scores at 3/4 time nor did they seem to like being approached after the game, which is fair enough.

Surely someone from each team has marked down players who have kicked goals, points etc.... How can this still be being talked about, has one team magically made up that a player has kicked a goal or so when they haven't, surely the goal umpires would have checked over scores at the end of each quarter.... If the goal umpires have not correctly scored the match then call it a draw and send these goal umpires back to the junior ranks or better yet to a maths tutor until they're ready to do the job properly....

Hey mate, hope your going well.,

Goal umpires were from the league and ultimately they have the final say I believe, as they are paid and employed by the league, rather than club volunteers. I'm not sure what the clubs recorded or what the timekeepers had. Kind of understand your point though and hope it's resolved offically so clubs can move on.

Cheers 5th quarter. You are also correct but think after the 3/4 huddles the scoreboard changed to read 58-58 as I seen it change after both goal umpires conferred at 3/4 time, as someone was trying to get the scores to update the EDFL app which did then show 58-58. The goal umpires didn't appreciate the questions on confirming the scores at 3/4 time nor did they seem to like being approached after the game, which is fair enough.

G'day Turbo, the scoreboard did not change at 3/4 time as I was standing in front of it next to Roxy's coaches box, it read Roxy 8.10 v KP 6.10. What I find strange is that if there was a difference between what the goal umpires had on their scorecards and what the scoreboard read, why did the goal umpires not walk over to the time keepers and alert them of the error ? This is what normally occurs when scores do not match. I'm hearing Roxy are filthy with what has occurred and will fight this all the way. Going to be interesting how the EDFL handle this.

G'day Turbo, the scoreboard did not change at 3/4 time as I was standing in front of it next to Roxy's coaches box, it read Roxy 8.10 v KP 6.10. What I find strange is that if there was a difference between what the goal umpires had on their scorecards and what the scoreboard read, why did the goal umpires not walk over to the time keepers and alert them of the error ? This is what normally occurs when scores do not match. I'm hearing Roxy are filthy with what has occurred and will fight this all the way. Going to be interesting how the EDFL handle this.

Hey mate, you are 100% right in that the umpires usually walk over to the scoreboard and get them to change it. I thought it got changed to 58-58 but by someone other than the goal umpires. But maybe I'm wrong however I did stand over in the pocket during the last qrt so it might have been changed again. Let's just hope it's resolved but other than that issue (which is important) it was a very close even contest I thought.
KP were strong over the ball and more physical at the contested ball but Roxy moved the ball quicker. But it was a bit scrappy at times but guessing that might have been due to being played under lights..

Hey mate, you are 100% right in that the umpires usually walk over to the scoreboard and get them to change it. I thought it got changed to 58-58 but by someone other than the goal umpires. But maybe I'm wrong however I did stand over in the pocket during the last qrt so it might have been changed again. Let's just hope it's resolved but other than that issue (which is important) it was a very close even contest I thought.
KP were strong over the ball and more physical at the contested ball but Roxy moved the ball quicker. But it was a bit scrappy at times but guessing that might have been due to being played under lights..

Yes Turbo quite a good game to watch, Roxy look so much younger this year, if that was even possible lol. I did notice two of their bigger forwards on the sidelines thou, need them back in the side, their forward line did seem a little short.

Keilor Park appeared to be very competitive against one of the top sides and they had a few players missing. Have Moonee Valley got one hand on the cup? If so good luck to them as they have slowly rebuilt in a tough area..

Burnside surprised a few on the weekend i think. A lot more effort and hunger for the contest then has obviously been shown in the last few weeks. Good to see a somewhat more competitive score/deficit.

KP looking real good this year from all reports.
Word is the BH coach is no longer. Not sure if he walked or given the flick.
Club announcement in due course.
I posted couple of weeks back he had told some players he was close to pulling the pin

Word is the BH coach is no longer. Not sure if he walked or given the flick.
Club announcement in due course.
I posted couple of weeks back he had told some players he was close to pulling the pin

President came out and said he had stepped down. On to their 3rd coach in 3 seasons. Some serious problems down there. Neither of the past senior coaches have been able to gain the support of the players.

Yep, interesting times down at BH. Going from the scores over the last two weeks it looks as if they've been slightly more competitive though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been announced today. Wonder if he will go back to roxy may Coach there next year .

Yeah, i think he will. Has always had good links with Roxy

Nah not involved just know a few of the boys.
Footy clubs mate the whispers travel fast LOL

Haha, fair enough mate. Yeah, they definitely do!

I wouldn't say he can't coach, I don't reckon Alister Clarkson could get that mob out of the hole they are in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You be wrong
Sorry to dissapoint you silvermagpie but roxy have a coach and as far as I'm concerned Design is a good coach. I haven't spoken to anyone about coaching there next year rumors are a great thing and it looks like you love spinning them I suggest you get your facts right first.

Sorry to dissapoint you silvermagpie but roxy have a coach and as far as I'm concerned Design is a good coach. I haven't spoken to anyone about coaching there next year rumors are a great thing and it looks like you love spinning them I suggest you get your facts right first.
Paul Derrick

Is that you raff

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back