EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Valley are for sure the team to beat this year, the way they move the ball is super quick and also have great discipline. Districts lacking players in the back half of the ground which has cost them in all 3 losses this year, needs to be addressed.
How much did Districts lose by

Keilor Park beaten all top sides except for Moonee Valley & East Keilor. Weren't far off East Keilor.. Surely they are a good chance for finals. There was some criticism of their recruiting but it appears to be paying off. It's great to see ex junior players return and give something back to the club. Yes maybe some are getting on in age but they seem to be a close knit side and confidence is high. Some stronger bodies seem to be helping them. From all reports the club is slowly recovering and support has been great.
If they didn't have -4pts from the league they would be sitting third.

PS: We don't need to hear about the Roxy game any more as its been done to death. The league has dealt with it from what I heard. And the league didn't help KP by giving them -4 so why would they help them on this issue??

Anyway seems like an even competetion but Moonee Valley still favorites IMO.

Keilor Park beaten all top sides except for Moonee Valley & East Keilor. Weren't far off East Keilor.. Surely they are a good chance for finals. There was some criticism of their recruiting but it appears to be paying off. It's great to see ex junior players return and give something back to the club. Yes maybe some are getting on in age but they seem to be a close knit side and confidence is high. Some stronger bodies seem to be helping them. From all reports the club is slowly recovering and support has been great.
If they didn't have -4pts from the league they would be sitting third.

PS: We don't need to hear about the Roxy game any more as its been done to death. The league has dealt with it from what I heard. And the league didn't help KP by giving them -4 so why would they help them on this issue??

Anyway seems like an even competetion but Moonee Valley still favorites IMO.

maybe the -4 points taken off and the Roxy match was a square up from the EDFL to Keilor Park?

Watched KP against Jacana and would not get to carried away with there finals chances.A one point win at home against a club with no confidence and a few outs, not what I would call top 4 material

Watched KP against Jacana and would not get to carried away with there finals chances.A one point win at home against a club with no confidence and a few outs, not what I would call top 4 material
A win is a win.. By the looks of it, anyone on their day can beat anyone in this comp..

Jacana played in the GF last year. It was a huge win for KP.

Moonee Valley really in the best position to move up to div1. Young, fast side and some juniors coming through in future years.

Jacana played in the GF last year. It was a huge win for KP.

Moonee Valley really in the best position to move up to div1. Young, fast side and some juniors coming through in future years.

Jacana sit 1 and 5. Without Beau Naim and lacking the class and hardness of last year - can't see them playing finals in 2016. Barely a 'huge' win.

As for the last comment, would think the only two clubs capable of making the step up are Moonee Valley and Roxburgh Park.

Prediction: Looking like Northern Saints will be the team to beat in Div 2 for 2017.

Prediction: Looking like Northern Saints will be the team to beat in Div 2 for 2017.

Very early call that one

Depends who they lose by going to the bottom division... Some guys that are capable of playing a higher standard may not want to play div 2

Time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacana sit 1 and 5. Without Beau Naim and lacking the class and hardness of last year - can't see them playing finals in 2016. Barely a 'huge' win.

As for the last comment, would think the only two clubs capable of making the step up are Moonee Valley and Roxburgh Park.

It was a huge win mate trust me.. The club didn't get close to Jacana last year so to turn it round by 9-10 goals the boys are rapt.. Any win is huge for the club, especially when you're trying hard to come back from where KP was last year.. Who doesn't love playing in 1 point wins!

It was a huge win mate trust me.. The club didn't get close to Jacana last year so to turn it round by 9-10 goals the boys are rapt.. Any win is huge for the club, especially when you're trying hard to come back from where KP was last year.. Who doesn't love playing in 1 point wins!

Let's remember they have probably the best coach in the division as his coached WRFL div1. That will come in handy "if" they can sneak into the finals..

Hey mate, you seem to be in the loop there. It looks like the stronger bodied recruits are holding them in good stead especially through the midfield and up through the spine.. Plus Barclay did score a good div2 full forward who seems to have improved the side. Big strong unit!!

Once again its a very depleted Jacana from last year ,but yes KP have improved for sure still a bit to go need some younger runners but there up there and good luck to them.

Good to see this thread's conversation has improved and talking footy stuff..

Do you all think the standard has improved in div2 over previous seasons? It's great to see some clubs playing younger players and getting past players back rather than pay money for older players out of higher leagues. I guess CD are different only due to there area and juniors in the 17-18 year bracket but they are making huge inroads into junior development which will take time to come through. But they are looking to the future

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back