EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I am usually all for clubs spending big to improve the standard of footy across the comp, I just have some major doubts about Jacana doing it. They were a club on its knees lucky to survive before the introduction of the 3rd division. They have made some inroads but i just feel the money they are spending would be far better spent than piling it into a handful of players who wont be there for the long term.. Also if you look at the a club like Craigieburn they have spent big to get into premier and then once they are there they lose a lot of the players that get them up, but at least they have strong juniors that will always keep them competetive.. I fear the same will happen with Jacana.

If the Jacas have a revenue source that is sustainable long term then great and they are probably in a similar state to Marby before Glen Alison bankrolled them and Marby have come out a much better football club long after GA left. If the same can happen at Jacana then great but i certainly have my reservations.

I am usually all for clubs spending big to improve the standard of footy across the comp, I just have some major doubts about Jacana doing it. They were a club on its knees lucky to survive before the introduction of the 3rd division. They have made some inroads but i just feel the money they are spending would be far better spent than piling it into a handful of players who wont be there for the long term.. Also if you look at the a club like Craigieburn they have spent big to get into premier and then once they are there they lose a lot of the players that get them up, but at least they have strong juniors that will always keep them competetive.. I fear the same will happen with Jacana.

If the Jacas have a revenue source that is sustainable long term then great and they are probably in a similar state to Marby before Glen Alison bankrolled them and Marby have come out a much better football club long after GA left. If the same can happen at Jacana then great but i certainly have my reservations.
I cant comment on the jags but craigieburn were in trouble before the end of the season and hopefully with whats going on now some of those players (a couple have retired) will be back next year

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I cant comment on the jags but craigieburn were in trouble before the end of the season and hopefully with whats going on now some of those players (a couple have retired) will be back next year

But do you know for sure that jacana is actually spending big money on a handful of players??
I've heard Cloke is playing for a hell of a lot less than what he was playing for a Craigieburn the past 2 years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But do you know for sure that jacana is actually spending big money on a handful of players??
I've heard Cloke is playing for a hell of a lot less than what he was playing for a Craigieburn the past 2 years

Of course they are spending big money.. A hell of a lot less than what he was getting at Craigieburn would still be the highest paid player playing outside of Premier.

I can say personally he is a presence around a club he interacts with everyone i hope hes just as an important part of the jags as he was at the nest. Jacana can only benefit them and hopefully give them a solid point to start to bring back some juniors so when he leaves they can go forward.

Your right won't be before long that G.A and deerpark will crumble will be looking at another club to pump money into soon want to be a savior

Your right won't be before long that G.A and deerpark will crumble will be looking at another club to pump money into soon want to be a savior
It's happing ATM. Broadford could be his next venture. Already putting money there and could go all out next year and Deer Park could be getting less just the same way he left Marby. Every year he gives less and less till they aren't reliant on him

Of course they are spending big money.. A hell of a lot less than what he was getting at Craigieburn would still be the highest paid player playing outside of Premier.

Yeah would still be the highest paid player in div2 not outside of premier though I know that for a fact... How much do you think Cloke is getting at jacana

Yeah would still be the highest paid player in div2 not outside of premier though I know that for a fact... How much do you think Cloke is getting at jacana

No idea, just pure speculating.. Perhaps he has a job lined up through connections at Jacana that might substitute some of his salary, but he certainly wont be playing for the love of purple and gold.

Nah no job mate he works for his brother Jase doing carpentry
I've been told by a mate he's getting nothing near the amount he was getting at C'Burn hearing as much as $1800 less!!
Jacana is easily a club he could actually play for the love of the jumper actually a rippa bloke

I can say personally he is a presence around a club he interacts with everyone i hope hes just as an important part of the jags as he was at the nest. Jacana can only benefit them and hopefully give them a solid point to start to bring back some juniors so when he leaves they can go forward.

Absolute ripping bloke will stick around after training Thursday nights speaks to everyone at the clubs he plays for
Was told even at the nest treated everyone as equals
Will be good to jacana having a bloke like him there will draw a crowd which means putting money into the bar/canteen which all clubs rely on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah no job mate he works for his brother Jase doing carpentry
I've been told by a mate he's getting nothing near the amount he was getting at C'Burn hearing as much as $1800 less!!
Jacana is easily a club he could actually play for the love of the jumper actually a rippa bloke

was getting $2500 a game at c/burn, $1200 at jacana

Absolute ripping bloke will stick around after training Thursday nights speaks to everyone at the clubs he plays for
Was told even at the nest treated everyone as equals
Will be good to jacana having a bloke like him there will draw a crowd which means putting money into the bar/canteen which all clubs rely on

Wowee.... sticks around Thursday nights, talks to everyone, treats everyone as equal! What a ripping bloke, he should be knighted. Haha what a joke. The bloke was on $2500 a game if not more. But jeez what a bloke treating everyone as equal.

Wowee.... sticks around Thursday nights, talks to everyone, treats everyone as equal! What a ripping bloke, he should be knighted. Haha what a joke. The bloke was on $2500 a game if not more. But jeez what a bloke treating everyone as equal.

Lol gee relax mate sounds like you've got ya knickers in a twist there haha

Team of the year:
Backs: mcgill(Rp) p grampsas(ek) frederickson(Kp)
Half backs: ogilvie(es) mackinnon(Rp) bourke(mv)
Centres: maddafri(ek) short(rp) lucin(cd)
Half forwards: padmore(mv) covelli(MV) trotter(kp)
Forwards: saad saad(cd) capuano(rp) wintels(Kp)
Rucks: carey(ek) evans(Jac) wilson(c)(mv)
I/c: madden(ek) corredig(kp) c grampsas(ek) dimech(Rp)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back