EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

NS had some sort of training day around the coast, The photos look great it looks like they are still a young squad but what stood out the most was there seemed to be 4 or 5 blokes over 6ft4ish ( just by looking at the photos ) it could be a great year at the saints .
Once again i haven't been a big wrap for them but i may even go down to a game to have a look.
Round 2 V Jacana looms as a match that may draw a lot of interest.
Starting to get a bit of a crush / likening for the NS , the turn around once again has been massive.

Stone?
Short?
Loui?

Dimech - will be missed
Caruana - can be easily replaced
Dowse - only played reserves last year
McGill - big loss
Dimeski - .......no big loss
Flower - only played one game last year and was not expected to stay in Div 2.
Elliot, Farrelly and Short fully committed to the club and not going anywhere
Stone - was spotted at training last night on the ground chatting to players and coaches.
Loui - who knows

About to add some quality to the playing list, announcements to be made soon I'm hearing

Seem to lose key personnel every year but continue to finish top two without winning the big one, wouldn't write them off just yet.

Should be a cracker of a day... 2 sides that would be expecting to be there at the pointy end of the season with big Cloke lining up for jacana, is early in the year when the weather is still good and ground in good nick

Also it's a past players/supporters day that game, last year the past players days drew big crowds

Dimech - will be missed
Caruana - can be easily replaced
Dowse - only played reserves last year
McGill - big loss
Dimeski - .......no big loss
Flower - only played one game last year and was not expected to stay in Div 2.
Elliot, Farrelly and Short fully committed to the club and not going anywhere
Stone - was spotted at training last night on the ground chatting to players and coaches.
Loui - who knows

About to add some quality to the playing list, announcements to be made soon I'm hearing

Seem to lose key personnel every year but continue to finish top two without winning the big one, wouldn't write them off just yet.
Carauna will be missed
Dowse grandfinal medalist big loss
Dimeski 2 x senior b&f winner
Stone just a reserve grade player
Short committed to club but off to europe mid season wouldn't call that committed
Elliot good player
Farrelly comes with a big rep so will have to wait and see
Recruits coming are ex had been roxy players

Carauna will be missed
Short committed to club but off to europe mid season wouldn't call that committed
Elliot good player

Agree to disagree with you Blue Bag.
Dimeski b&f in 2010/11, a shadow of the player he was then.
Dowse could not commit to senior football due to work commitments, gf medal winner in two's is correct, but can't miss what you never had.
Stone just a reserve player ???? Big call.
Short going away on holidays correct, mate it's only Div 3 football not AFL, has not missed a training session unlike some others.
Has also had big money thrown at him by other clubs, but committed himself to the club and his team mates, that's commitment to me unlike some others.
I think you'll see that the incoming players are not ex Roxy.
Anyway will be an interesting year Blue bag, let's just wait and see.

Last edited:
Carauna will be missed
Elliot good player
Ex had Beens? Please explain who you're talking about lol

Be very surprised if Roxy weren't top4 again this season.
The depth is quite powerful , all 3 snr sides playing on grand final day last yr. On that day they had 6 U18s who had played snr footy & another 5-6 who easily could have had the opportunity risen.
Take into account 16 of the premiership reserves players had played snr footy over the last couple of seasons & remembering they were the dominate side of the competition last yr , obviously putting in a shocker when it mattered most.
Still a young group with only 2 , 30yrs or over , a heap of 22-26 yr olds & a wave of up & coming 17-22 yr olds.
Yes they look to be losing some quality , that's for sure , but the club have a heap of talent on the list still.
7 grand finals in 3 seasons , only 1 the one so have underachieved , but now all have a fair bit of finals experience which hopefully sees them take the next step , sooner rather than later.
Write Roxy off at your own peril , but I'd suggest the door is still wide open for success.

NS had some sort of training day around the coast, The photos look great it looks like they are still a young squad but what stood out the most was there seemed to be 4 or 5 blokes over 6ft4ish ( just by looking at the photos ) it could be a great year at the saints .
Once again i haven't been a big wrap for them but i may even go down to a game to have a look.
Starting to get a bit of a crush / likening for the NS , the turn around once again has been massive.
You're correct, the training camp down at Anglesea was awesome!!! 35 KLM's in in 8 hours. Road, beach, conditioning it had it all, and it definitely took its toll on a few blokes. some absolute superhuman efforts put in and it looks to be very exciting times down at mutton reserve... young recruit matty gray dominated everything and looks to be firing, Dazz saad and another big recruit Dylan markovic were top three all day....

Still a very young group bar a couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've seen a bit of talk about matthew gray down at northern saints fit and firing, his a gun and will do great things. but his older brother Chris has gone well under the radar!! brings a shit load of experience and could quite possibly be the best player in the comp.. watch this space, ,chris gray for division 2 best n fairest :thumbsu:

i've seen a bit of talk about matthew gray down at northern saints fit and firing, his a gun and will do great things. but his older brother Chris has gone well under the radar!! brings a shit load of experience and could quite possibly be the best player in the comp.. watch this space, ,chris gray for division 2 best n fairest :thumbsu:
Big wraps Meatball

Might have a crack at ladder goal kicker medalist

Jacana- didn't really deserve their finish last year... picked up heaps Cloke will be enormous

Districts- mate that plays there said they've picked up the right blokes this time so might see a vast improvement

Saints- relegated team good pick ups in Matty gray markovic and brad Fenton to add to the guys still there from their time in prem div

Valley- always there abouts apparently have added a lot to their spine

Easy Sunbury-young club building added a bit of quality from the rdfl but have also lost their best player

Roxy- might take a little slide losing capuano is a huge hole to fill watches him a number of times read the ball in the air as good as anyone I've seen at local level

KP- lost their b&f pretty quiet but might be keeping cards close to their chest have a coach who's a club legend that the players love but some of their older guys another year older

Heights- another long year let's hope they can show some improvement

Think the gap between 2-7th could be really tight... whoever ends up out of finals could consider themselves very unlucky

Goal kicker - Cloke by the length
Of the Flemington straight

Medalists-

maybe kako from the saints... one of the most ferocious attacker of the ball ive ever seen
Ned Wilson also a great player
If beau naim suits up always a vote getter

Just an early guess fellas don't go getting offended

Last edited:
Can you give us a short run down on there new recruits Carrio, Elliot, Farrelly Etc
Be very surprised if Roxy weren't top4 again this season.
The depth is quite powerful , all 3 snr sides playing on grand final day last yr. On that day they had 6 U18s who had played snr footy & another 5-6 who easily could have had the opportunity risen.
Take into account 16 of the premiership reserves players had played snr footy over the last couple of seasons & remembering they were the dominate side of the competition last yr , obviously putting in a shocker when it mattered most.
Still a young group with only 2 , 30yrs or over , a heap of 22-26 yr olds & a wave of up & coming 17-22 yr olds.
Yes they look to be losing some quality , that's for sure , but the club have a heap of talent on the list still.
7 grand finals in 3 seasons , only 1 the one so have underachieved , but now all have a fair bit of finals experience which hopefully sees them take the next step , sooner rather than later.
Write Roxy off at your own peril , but I'd suggest the door is still wide open for success.
an you

I think this is massively oversold. Matt is the better brother by farrrrrrr

I like your confidence Chris.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back