EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they should start testing for drugs down there. I hear steroid use is rampant. cheating dogs.Stop the roid rage and maybe threads wont open with best fights ever seen in edfl.You cant blame marby though the league is run buy a pack of puppets.

You mean the league is run by a pack of volunteers...I'm sure if they had the resources they would introduce a salary cap and drug-testing.

You mean the league is run by a pack of volunteers...I'm sure if they had the resources they would introduce a salary cap and drug-testing.

Was in keilor rd flight centre mid september and one of the big wigs from the edfl walked in and booked a three week holiday far north for a large sum, wonder if we paid for his holiday over the finals series??;);)

Was in keilor rd flight centre mid september and one of the big wigs from the edfl walked in and booked a three week holiday far north for a large sum, wonder if we paid for his holiday over the finals series??;);)

Faaark lets have an investigation, someone who more than likely has a job booked a holiday to QLD... Beanhead.

Not sure if the right place to post but a player from Sydenham Hillside by the name of Lachlan Cross is looking to play footy in the South Queendsland comp and his talking himself up. Is he any good and can anyone rate him? Feedback would be appreciated. Cheers

Not sure if the right place to post but a player from Sydenham Hillside by the name of Lachlan Cross is looking to play footy in the South Queendsland comp and his talking himself up. Is he any good and can anyone rate him? Feedback would be appreciated. Cheers

I don't remember any Sydenham player standing out in any game I have seen them involved in.

i think he was the full forward, the only time i saw him play was against taylors lakes in the night game and he did not have a big impact on the game, was goalless and only had a couple of possesions

lakers in 08
Give us your thoughts on what the new Taylors Lakes Committee have done getting rid of Shaun Smith(Senior Coach), Rick Horwood(A/Coach) & Anthony Brown(U18'sCoach).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Douttas have not been saying much, have they signed anyone..?

That is a very good question BEAR, believe a couple, one by the name of kirk and another ex B grade ruckman.
Still in talking with several as all clubs are just need to find $50,000 for sign on's.

excuse my ignorance but the three new coaches have been/done what in their football life????

Burns coached 2nds to flag last year. 2007 chairman of selectors. Past history with Gladestone Park Western Region & D/Stars some 12 years ago as a 2nds coach
Kris McMullin Past player TLFC, played at Keilor FC, plays cricket for TLCC
Kevin Lamont Coached TLFC under 12 C.s side last year. Past TLFC 2nds playing coach 9 years ago

Burns coached 2nds to flag last year. 2007 chairman of selectors. Past history with Gladestone Park Western Region & D/Stars some 12 years ago as a 2nds coach
Kris McMullin Past player TLFC, played at Keilor FC, plays cricket for TLCC
Kevin Lamont Coached TLFC under 12 C.s side last year. Past TLFC 2nds playing coach 9 years ago

All three seem reasonably well credentialed to coach paddock football to me. Burns with 2nds flag last year and the other two TL past players seems a pretty good receipe for the three teams.

With all due resepct to EDFL B Grade, don't think you will be getting Mick Maguine, John Barnes or Steve McPhersen just yet.

I have just moved into the Glenroy area and after sitting out for a few years, am thinking about getting back into training and playing footy again. I am really looking for nothing more than a reserves team I can slot into quietly.

I was a fringe senior player as a 17/18 year old in RDFL, so I am not a complete hack, but I am certainly not going to get any attention in threads like this one. I haven't paid much attention to local footy since I stopped playing a few years ago, so I have no idea what the standards of various competitions are like.

My question is simple: will I fit in nicely with a B Grade reserves team, or will even that standard be too far ahead of me so I spend my time sitting on the pine (or not being selected at all)?

If so, is there a B Grade team near Glenroy that is on the lookout for players like me? Alternatively, are there any teams around that would be happy for me to come and have a kick around at training during the pre-season so I can train close to home, even if I go further afield once the season starts.

Thanks...

That is a very good question BEAR, believe a couple, one by the name of kirk and another ex B grade ruckman.
Still in talking with several as all clubs are just need to find $50,000 for sign on's.

Anything on Keilor or Greenvale and Strathmore have lost a few have they replaced them ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back