EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are each teams gun players this season? Also what order would the top 10 players in the comp be?

Mate every club in the comp is having a go on saturdays how can you suscribe to the theory that being thumped every week by hundreds of points across your senior teams has some positives to come out of it ,all that will happen is more players will leave less spectators will watch and no-one will go back for a drink,if you thought Jacana was bad in B grade you are about to set some new records in Agrade that will break all others, my question to you as an insider is Who is to blame because its embarassing and the whole competition new this was coming.Enough about the Roys.
that mite happend at your club mate , but not at glenroy. more players mite possibly leave but the spectators probably wont coz unlike your club most of them are loyal down at glenroy.

I ventured down to Marby's ground to have a look on Saturday morning as I'm moving in up that way and it's going to be my local.

Yeah the club's quite small but it actually looks like a footy club, not like these sterile pokie monoliths that seem to be popping up all over the place, where it's not about the feel of a footy club but simply how many people you can get in playing pokies and drinking overpriced schooners.

Give me cheap beers in a place with flags and plaques and honour boards, with an ordinary TV in the corner playing footy, over going into a "sports club" with maybe one corner dedicated to the footy club, trying to have a conversation over a $8 imported beer and trying to block out the infernal sounds of ****ing poker machines going off every two minutes.

I ventured down to Marby's ground to have a look on Saturday morning as I'm moving in up that way and it's going to be my local.

Yeah the club's quite small but it actually looks like a footy club, not like these sterile pokie monoliths that seem to be popping up all over the place, where it's not about the feel of a footy club but simply how many people you can get in playing pokies and drinking overpriced schooners.

Give me cheap beers in a place with flags and plaques and honour boards, with an ordinary TV in the corner playing footy, over going into a "sports club" with maybe one corner dedicated to the footy club, trying to have a conversation over a $8 imported beer and trying to block out the infernal sounds of ****ing poker machines going off every two minutes.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but no club in the edfl have pokies, and are all very much old school footy clubs

Have you come from NSW?? Because there is very few if any metro clubs that actually have pokies in the club. They may be sponsored by a Pokies venue but don't have them at the club. Sounds like you'll enjoy the Vic Footy Clubs....

Marby would be the 1st to agree the Club Rooms need to be upgraded and for your information the Moonee Valley Council have submitted PLANS to the club for an EXTENSIVE upgrade in the near future.
The club have taken giant steps in the last 5 years to be a respected TEAM in the Essendon District Football League and to consolidate being a competitive force in Seniors and Junior levels.
I understand that last Sat the Under 18`s in actual fact offered Aberfedie players as they were short and whilst they may not be upto the standard of some of the more seasoned clubs at least they give some young kids the opportunity to play.
The JUNIORS continue to go from strength to strength and are an INTRICATE part of the CLUB development and have a FANTASTIC hardworking and dedicated group.
Yes it would be great to have netting to help stop the ball going onto the road but obviously you may not have been to other clubs who have the same trouble but do not have there ground located on such a BUSY arterial road .
Conditions last Sat were deplorable or did you not notice.

Brodie HOLLAND has taken on the challenge of Playing Coach with tremendous enthusiam and vigor and fitted into the club without any fuss or fanfare.
Brodie will continue to develop in the Coaching ranks and i have no doubt he will take on more demanding roles in future years.

I agree with the comments of the Marby people and there is not one club who would not spend the money, to achieve success, if it were available. We will have to take your word for it regarding the facilities, I guess time will tell.

The one big question though is how sustainable is the revenue source that drives all of this? If you believe what you hear it comes from 1 or 2 related parties and if that stops then it could quite possibly be the end of Marby as a club. Until then though, good on them, I wish we had those backers at our club.

Hmmmm, seems the 'D' word has caused a little furore OR has a few people on edge because of the fallout associated with that culture. Interesting to see where this goes. No need for apologies Hagrid, everyone is entitled to their opinion even when it upsets the faithful.

However like some of the other top line clubs, for most people, the real insult is the absolutely obscene amount of money that Marby throws about and then they want to command respect from those within the local football community. Understand... you have to earn it! Trying to buy Premierships is not the way to engender ongoing support.

Just for the record, Marby in my opinion isn't that bad a club, and granted they DO have some genuinely great helpers who do work for them, BUT they seem to be despised because of their attitude and the way they do things. Fix that aspect and everything else will fall in to place.

Local footy don't you just love it?

Please tell me of one A Grade club that has won a flag that hasn't spent money? The perception out there is that Glenroy aren't spending money this year and people were calling for them to be sent back to B Grade (wrongly i might add).

Marby, as well as Keilor, GV, Strathmore, Abers, AH, Douttas, WC, Cragieburn and Glenroy ARE ALL SPENDING MONEY on senior players this year - some more than others, but i can GUARANTEE you one thing Marby do not spend anywhere near the coin that some keyboard heroes think we do

Hmmmm, seems the 'D' word has caused a little furore OR has a few people on edge because of the fallout associated with that culture. Interesting to see where this goes. No need for apologies Hagrid, everyone is entitled to their opinion even when it upsets the faithful.

I think every sane person knows that the drug comment was an absolute load of crap - nothing could be further from the truth and its an absolute insult to all the hard working people down at the club

Trying to buy Premierships is not the way to engender ongoing support.
quote]

Please tell me of one A Grade club that has won a flag that hasn't spent money? The perception out there is that Glenroy aren't spending money this year and people were calling for them to be sent back to B Grade (wrongly i might add).

Marby, as well as Keilor, GV, Strathmore, Abers, AH, Douttas, WC, Cragieburn and Glenroy ARE ALL SPENDING MONEY on senior players this year - some more than others, but i can GUARANTEE you one thing Marby do not spend anywhere near the coin that some keyboard heroes think we do

So can you declare the footy budget for us and clear the air once and for all?

We all know the market rate on quality footballers and on the quality & quantity that Marbi have recruited over the last 2 years alone sees the budget achievable only by the late Dick Pratt and Marbi it seems.

Very few clubs have the regular income to sustain this sort of wages bill hence the suspicion that when the money dries up...............so will the footy club.

Great to have you part of the Marby Army mate.

And to the rest of you dead beats who come on here to pot the club, get a life and worry about your own backyard.

Gee Whiz, There alot of being said about Marby in the last few post. All I know is this week game Vs Greenvale will be a ripper.

Tips are

A Grade

Strathmore vs Aberfeldie

Craigieburn vs Avondale Heights

Keilor vs Doutta Stars

Maribyrnong Park vs Greenvale

West Coburg vs Glenroy Glenroy in a upset.

B Grade

Airport West vs Oak Park 1 vs 2.

Sydenham Hillside vs Northern Saints

Jacana vs Keilor Park

Roxburgh Park vs Pascoe Vale

Tullamarine vs Westmeadows

Hadfield vs Taylors Lakes

East Keilor vs Moonee Valley

And Go Marby!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips:

Strathmore vs Aberfeldie -10 points

Craigieburn vs Avondale Heights - 25 points

Keilor vsDoutta Stars - 2 points

Maribyrnong Park vs Greenvale - 30 points

West Coburg vs Glenroy - 60 points

Gee Whiz, There alot of being said about Marby in the last few post. All I know is this week game Vs Greenvale will be a ripper.

Tips are

A Grade

Strathmore vs Aberfeldie

Keilor vs Doutta Stars

West Coburg vs Glenroy Glenroy in a upset.

B Grade

Airport West vs Oak Park 1 vs 2.

Sydenham Hillside vs Northern Saints

Jacana vs Keilor Park

Roxburgh Park vs Pascoe Vale

Tullamarine vs Westmeadows

Hadfield vs Taylors Lakes

East Keilor vs Moonee Valley

And Go Marby!!!

quite possibly the worst tips ever my north. glenroy have no hope! and roxburgh park to beat pacco? no chance. good luck though

My tips:

Strathmore vs Aberfeldie -33 points

Craigieburn vs Avondale Heights - 11 points

Keilor vs Doutta Stars - 1 points

Maribyrnong Park vs Greenvale - 36 points

West Coburg vs Glenroy - 60 points

Good Luck to all Sides

Heights very dissappointed they couldn't hang on. Had Strathmore on their knees but couldn't quite knock them out in the 3rd and went too defensive in the last.

Bricksta and the boys played it low key all summer but after a narrow loss away to a much improved Crazyburn they have now smacked Wests who needed that win but came up way way short. Already a few rumblings down there.

A very fit young Jets side out ran Keilor. Clinnick reported twice in two seperate incidents. The last one apparently was a very ordinary inncident. He was sent off for the game after that

Any word on the tribunal results from this week?

Expecting a massive performance from Douttas this week, would be surprised if it wasn't close.

The doutta's boys on here have managed a good cover up campaign. There were pre season reports that they would be on the slide but judging from their first two results, i would say that has gone out the window. Good work boys. I think they will come out firing but i think Keilor will be too strong.

Looking forward to a hard fought game this week against Strathmore. The two games last year were both classics, i am looking forward to another. I am hoping for the kind of intensity the boys showed against marby last week. I am tipping an abers win by less than a goal.

If marby come out and play like they did against abers, they wont get close to GV. However, if they lift their intensity, they will go very close. They have the crop of players to go the distance this year.

Craigieburn will also win this week, and WC will get over glenroy quite easily.

My tips:

Strathmore vs Aberfeldie

Keilor vs Doutta Stars

West Coburg vs Glenroy

When do clubs start looking at their own and other teams u`18`s to boost their senior teams for next year ? or is it up to the players themselves to find new clubs if they wish for a change .

Why is that Briksta, keen to see if TC is lining up against your boys this week?

It won't matter...........

The word is Clinic copped 2 weeks.

The GV rep was very friendly at the tribunal knowing Clinic's evidence would determine whether Rohan was suspended. Clinic kept his end of the deal and got Rohan off.

It was then no holds barred as the GV player (Danile BURNS) gave evidence against Clinic that would have seen him found guilty of the Beaumont murders.

I even heard BURNS wanted to give his evidence via a video link as he was scarred to be in the same room as Clinic!

No matter how you feel about Clinic (and we all know he can be a goose) you don't go above and beyond in the tribunal to get someone suspended.

You could only assume that GV are still bitter and twisted about losing the unloseable Grand Final.

I even hear Keilor are quite pleased to allow GV to go through undefeated again as the voices in the back of their heads would be quite loud come grand final day!

First things first Clinnick got reported twice.
Once for the incident with burns and the other he and Rohan both got reported for attempted striking.
They both went to the tribunal and both helped each other out to beat the charges. So Rohan and Clinnick kept their ends of the deal. They both got off the charge of attempted striking.
The second report he turned and elbowed Daniel fight in the face in front of the umpire. The umpires evidence was more than damning.
I’m all for helping each other out if there is a bit of a barny and a few punches are thrown, but it’s not the 70’s and 80’s were king hits, elbows, behind the play incidents were the norm. Those days are well and truly gone.
Instead of having a go at Daniel we should be having a go at Clinnick for being a dirty prick and this wasn’t a once off he is a repeat offender. All Daniel did was tell the truth that’s all.
Why should Daniel try and protect him.
I think Keilor people need to move on from the grand final because i haven’t heard it been mentioned at greenvale for a long time.
By the way i reckon Keilor would be happy at losing to Greenvale at their home ground, Mick would have been rapted they lost. ********.

However like some of the other top line clubs, for most people, the real insult is the absolutely obscene amount of money that Marby throws about and then they want to command respect from those within the local football community. Understand... you have to earn it! Trying to buy Premierships is not the way to engender ongoing support.

Just for the record, Marby in my opinion isn't that bad a club, and granted they DO have some genuinely great helpers who do work for them, BUT they seem to be despised because of their attitude and the way they do things. Fix that aspect and everything else will fall in to place.

Local footy don't you just love it?[/quote Im fairly sure that Marby people could not give a toss what you or anyone else think of them or there club.
If they have people inside there ranks who are prepared to fork out cash to buy players that is a very fortunate situation that they find themselves in,those people obviously have love and passion for the club and there contribution is monetary and they get joy out of doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back