EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players who left from last year: Willoughby (played about half the year), Peterson (played 7 games), Savage, Lerm (barely played), Shep (obviously a huge loss)..cant think of anyone else but will be a few more?

Not exactly a mass exodus you ****ing idiot.

OK, before I expand on your 'brief' list of players that have departed, I have one for you that includes all the players that have left and please note that they all played a minimum of 1 senior game at Abers in 08. Be they superstars or not they were players that like any club make competition for senior spots fierce and competitive. This is what Abers lacked last season, definitely lack this season and with Rioli at the helm, will lack for some time to come. One of the problems at Abers is they think that by recruiting a few 'guns' that this makes a team/club successful. It doesn't. Keep them all, add some 'guns' and in a good positive environment and then maybe.

Here is the list of Abers 08 departures:

Bourke, Shepherd, B Lerm, A Lerm, Mongta, Savage, Moran, Murray, Cartwright, Randal Rioli, Willoughby, Peterson. That is 12 players. Anyone I have left out? That is a long list to replace, one that you obviously haven't and how could I forget Mansbridge (although he didn't play a senior game at all).

So don't bother dissecting he was this and he was that and he's no loss, etc. At the end of they day they have left, they are no longer there, you lack depth and you lament near the bottom of the ladder.

Coach's fault? Committee's fault for appointing him? Time for a new committee/president? Time to give up Abers?

Let's address why yet again Abers are a dissappointment?

OK, before I expand on your 'brief' list of players that have departed, I have one for you that includes all the players that have left and please note that they all played a minimum of 1 senior game at Abers in 08. Be they superstars or not they were players that like any club make competition for senior spots fierce and competitive. This is what Abers lacked last season, definitely lack this season and with Rioli at the helm, will lack for some time to come. One of the problems at Abers is they think that by recruiting a few 'guns' that this makes a team/club successful. It doesn't. Keep them all, add some 'guns' and in a good positive environment and then maybe.

Bourke, Shepherd, B Lerm, A Lerm, Mongta, Savage, Moran, Murray, Cartwright, Randal Rioli, Willoughby, Peterson. That is 12 players. Anyone I have left out? That is a long list to replace, one that you obviously haven't and how could I forget Mansbridge (although he didn't play a senior game at all).

So don't bother dissecting he was this and he was that and he's no loss, etc. At the end of they day they have left, they are no longer there, you lack depth and you lament near the bottom of the ladder.

Coach's fault? Committee's fault for appointing him? Time for a new committee/president? Time to give up Abers?

Put simply the problem with Aberfeldie now is the same as it has been for the last 30 years. They celebrate mediocrity..................... 1 A Grade flag on the wall in their existance yet you could not find a spare place to hang a clock in the clubrooms.

Photos of everyone that has been an U 10 B & F winner to the list of canteen ladies........... but 1 A Grade flag. They are happy being middle of the road and always will be.

Put simply the problem with Aberfeldie now is the same as it has been for the last 30 years. They celebrate mediocrity..................... 1 A Grade flag on the wall in their existance yet you could not find a spare place to hang a clock in the clubrooms.

Photos of everyone that has been an U 10 B & F winner to the list of canteen ladies........... but 1 A Grade flag. They are happy being middle of the road and always will be.

Last two post, perfectly put,

exact state of the nation at a club that just keep failing to get it right,

enough of the defending and deflecting by Prophylactic and others, concede you are of the mark the club has got it wrong and tells us where and why

what is it going to take to fix it ??

Can't comment on the full story about his junior club etc as I don't know. I don't think you can pin the failure of the St Albans on him as I hear they have far reaching problems financially, with their coach and board etc.

Also don't quite get the link between asking for big money and being a 'pea heart', wouldn't think the two things are connected. In fact he walked away from this money you talk about to play in a successful club, which is what I think it was more about....

Not gonna get into a slanging match over leagues as I am well aware that the GFL is as pretty handy. I guess we'll agree to disagree...

Look yeah St Albans are in a bit of bother thats being discussed on our thread at the moment, but im not blaming him entirely for whats happened this year. The fact is him and a few others went there for big money but dont seem to care if the side wins or losse's as long as they get paid. Wouldn't you think the decent thing to do would be stick out the rest of the year, try help your side maybe steal a few wins then if you want out after the season fine go somewhere else.

Just my personal opinion that its pretty weak to jump off a struggling side mid year to go back to a side thats on top of there comp.

And i dont wanna start a slanging match about leagues either coz ive seen some edfl this year and it is a pretty strong comp.

I just heard 2 rumours out of Abers.

1st is that they have signed Tim Looby from Port Adelaide Magpies and he will be playing this weekend and
2nd that Robbie Taylor and Rod Van Riet have been dropped this week due to not attending a 6am training session on Sunday.

Can anyone from Abers confirm this?
Surely i can't see them dropping both taylor and van riet as they are stuggling enough as it is without nt playing 2 of their better footballers.

I just heard 2 rumours out of Abers.

1st is that they have signed Tim Looby from Port Adelaide Magpies and he will be playing this weekend and
2nd that Robbie Taylor and Rod Van Riet have been dropped this week due to not attending a 6am training session on Sunday.

Can anyone from Abers confirm this?
Surely i can't see them dropping both taylor and van riet as they are stuggling enough as it is without nt playing 2 of their better footballers.

tim Looby you are correct playing this wekeend

as for the other rumor havent heard who is saying this??

Heard it from one of the boys who lives with Rioli.

I cant see eitherof these boys sticking around at the end of the year if it is true

so if they have been dropped for disciplinary reasons good thing for the club people just cant expect to turn up and get there payments if they miss compulsary session why should they not be dropped

Look yeah St Albans are in a bit of bother thats being discussed on our thread at the moment, but im not blaming him entirely for whats happened this year. The fact is him and a few others went there for big money but dont seem to care if the side wins or losse's as long as they get paid. Wouldn't you think the decent thing to do would be stick out the rest of the year, try help your side maybe steal a few wins then if you want out after the season fine go somewhere else.

Just my personal opinion that its pretty weak to jump off a struggling side mid year to go back to a side thats on top of there comp.

And i dont wanna start a slanging match about leagues either coz ive seen some edfl this year and it is a pretty strong comp.

I would say the reason for the hasty departure would be the fact that today is the last day for clearances. If they are chasing money they would know that a club paying big money with no chance of finals is not going to pay them post June 30.

So it's either stay and play for nothing...doesn't sound like an option for these guys or leave and try and get paid for the 2nd half of the season by a club with finals in sight.

Don't know either of these guy's so I am not judging them just seems like the most logical explaination.

so if they have been dropped for disciplinary reasons good thing for the club people just cant expect to turn up and get there payments if they miss compulsary session why should they not be dropped

I know the reason why rocket missed the training session is because deano didnt announce the session til after the game and rocket had already made plans to return home for his mothers birthday.
Robbie Taylor however i am not sure on why he didn't attend

If anyone isnt yet sure why the Roxy vs OakPark game went ahead is because sadley Roxy's Jellal Sleiman passed away from a asthma attack on friday night. He was a gun footballer, possibly roxys most talented at the club.
My heart goes out to the Sleiman family and theRoxy football club. R.I.P

When you have not lost a game in the reserves that would suggest you have depth you moron???

When about 10 u/18 premiership players from last year are playing regular senior footy things will take a bit of time. But as a supporter I think there have been notable imrpovements from last year and I am excited seeing young blokes make the step up from under age to senior footy.

Lastly, when people leave clubs or don't get games at a club etc...then you are bound to get them posting ridiculous and spiteful statements on public forums. You are sad person whoever you are, i just hope you have actually left our club, and if you havn't then I would suggest that it is people like yourself that is Aberfeldies biggest problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you have not lost a game in the reserves that would suggest you have depth you moron???

When about 10 u/18 premiership players from last year are playing regular senior footy things will take a bit of time. But as a supporter I think there have been notable imrpovements from last year and I am excited seeing young blokes make the step up from under age to senior footy.

Lastly, when people leave clubs or don't get games at a club etc...then you are bound to get them posting ridiculous and spiteful statements on public forums. You are sad person whoever you are, i just hope you have actually left our club, and if you havn't then I would suggest that it is people like yourself that is Aberfeldies biggest problem.

So Deano will be given a 5 year contract then? And maybe a change to the theme song as well "Oh where from Abers land"

So Deano will be given a 5 year contract then? And maybe a change to the theme song as well "Oh where from Abers land"

Take away the 2 very small losses to Avondale Heights in both games that we had more scoring shots and last qtr fadeouts, we would actually only be a game or so out of the Top 4. We have lost Runna to a holiday and Houli to the VFL. It has been a big stepping stone compared to last year.
The opposition for every club bar glenroy has improved massively.

Take away the 2 very small losses to Avondale Heights in both games that we had more scoring shots and last qtr fadeouts, we would actually only be a game or so out of the Top 4. We have lost Runna to a holiday and Houli to the VFL. It has been a big stepping stone compared to last year.
The opposition for every club bar glenroy has improved massively.

You know what, under normal circumstances this and the post before from Prophalactic would be sensible and in line with a club that in on the build,

Trouble is, a lot of Abers people walk around with the swagger of a club that has been tearing the competition to peices for years, when in fact you have achieved nothing.

YOU ALL suggested how strong you were going to be this year, boasting about the recruits and the appointment of dean being so good.

You potted BS about the lack of recruits and the appointment of Barnes and right now you all have cum dripping from your faces.

Isnt anyone concerned about the inclusion of this high profile recruit ? no doubt paid big dollars, bought in late in the season, smacks of a knee jerk reaction, trying to correct the bad year with the buying of one player.

How do the young up and comers feel about this, not lost a game in the reserves hey, well surely if you were serious about rebuilding and developing these reserves and 18's then you would be playing these guys first

Wont be surprised if the inclusion fails

I know the reason why rocket missed the training session is because deano didnt announce the session til after the game and rocket had already made plans to return home for his mothers birthday.

What a load of crap!

Van Riet was overheard by several persons outside the changeroom to say to ruckman Steven McKee "See you in the morning, Keg" -- an indication that he intended to attend the compulsory training session.

So either you are full of shit, or perhaps related to the guy? Hmmmmm: Very interesting.

Problem is Rocket is a prima donna that thinks he is superior to everyone else. [He isn't]. His performance at Avondale last Saturday clearly proves he is not. Turns over the ball too much and has no accountability for his actions.

What a load of crap!

Van Riet was overheard by several persons outside the changeroom to say to ruckman Steven McKee "See you in the morning, Keg" -- an indication that he intended to attend the compulsory training session.

So either you are full of shit, or perhaps related to the guy? Hmmmmm: Very interesting.

Problem is Rocket is a prima donna that thinks he is superior to everyone else. [He isn't]. His performance at Avondale last Saturday clearly proves he is not. Turns over the ball too much and has no accountability for his actions.

You are correct i am related to rocket as his my cousin and we are very close.

Rocket can come across a little rude at times but i can asure you he doesnt think he is superior to anyone and he just wants to win and change the cultural at the club that close enough is good enough.

I know he is disappointed with his perfomances over the last couple of weeks and whats nothing more than to make amens this week.

Rocket can come across a little rude at times but i can asure you he doesnt think he is superior to anyone and he just wants to win and change the cultural at the club that close enough is good enough.

I know he is disappointed with his perfomances over the last couple of weeks and whats nothing more than to make amens this week.

If that's the case why did Van Riet lodge a transfer application to his old club Seymour last night? Check the EDFL clearances page it's there!

You guys obviously promised Van Riet finals this year, and now that you have blatantly lied to the bloke he has decided to find greener pastures.

If Glenroy werent in A Grade this year, you blokes would be swapping places with Oak Park next year.

Im surprised that Van Riet didnt fit in at Abers though. Wouldve thought he would be a good fit with all the other prima donnas down there.

You know what, under normal circumstances this and the post before from Prophalactic would be sensible and in line with a club that in on the build,

Trouble is, a lot of Abers people walk around with the swagger of a club that has been tearing the competition to peices for years, when in fact you have achieved nothing.

YOU ALL suggested how strong you were going to be this year, boasting about the recruits and the appointment of dean being so good.

You potted BS about the lack of recruits and the appointment of Barnes and right now you all have cum dripping from your faces.

Isnt anyone concerned about the inclusion of this high profile recruit ? no doubt paid big dollars, bought in late in the season, smacks of a knee jerk reaction, trying to correct the bad year with the buying of one player.

How do the young up and comers feel about this, not lost a game in the reserves hey, well surely if you were serious about rebuilding and developing these reserves and 18's then you would be playing these guys first

Wont be surprised if the inclusion fails

No one from abers walks around thinking they are the greatest club. All the people involved work hard to try & translate the junior success into senior success. The one ingredient missing from our club is senior success.

I dont recall anyone bagging john barnes...mostly there was hatred and some racism (from funnyman) directed at rioli for no apparent reason.

people from abers gave douttas blokes some of the usual banter. part of the problem is there are far too many abers people on this forum.

we did not ALL suggest we would be strong this year. we expected to improve & to push for finals. reality was we would have expected to be 5th, which is no easy thing when you consider the money being spent above us.

financially we cannot compete for big players - reynolds a case in point as he was interested in abers & then strathmore parked a bucket load of cash. thats the nature of the comp & i dont really have a problem with it.

the player coming in has been trasferred to melbourne because of work. he is a port adelaide magpies 1st player who wants to keep playing footy. not anything to do with money.

abers have played at least 10 U/18 plyers from last year & continue to rotate players from the 2nds. more players given an opportunity than anytime previously.

so what is success - trying to improve your own club or sitting at a computer as a boring, cowardly man in b-grade worrying constantly about abers?

you ought to get on our committee you spend that much time thinking about our problems. hope you dont have a wife she would be bored shitless hearing about abers all the time.

No one from abers walks around thinking they are the greatest club. All the people involved work hard to try & translate the junior success into senior success. The one ingredient missing from our club is senior success.

I dont recall anyone bagging john barnes...mostly there was hatred and some racism (from funnyman) directed at rioli for no apparent reason.

people from abers gave douttas blokes some of the usual banter. part of the problem is there are far too many abers people on this forum.

we did not ALL suggest we would be strong this year. we expected to improve & to push for finals. reality was we would have expected to be 5th, which is no easy thing when you consider the money being spent above us.

financially we cannot compete for big players - reynolds a case in point as he was interested in abers & then strathmore parked a bucket load of cash. thats the nature of the comp & i dont really have a problem with it.

the player coming in has been trasferred to melbourne because of work. he is a port adelaide magpies 1st player who wants to keep playing footy. not anything to do with money.

abers have played at least 10 U/18 plyers from last year & continue to rotate players from the 2nds. more players given an opportunity than anytime previously.

so what is success - trying to improve your own club or sitting at a computer as a boring, cowardly man in b-grade worrying constantly about abers?

you ought to get on our committee you spend that much time thinking about our problems. hope you dont have a wife she would be bored shitless hearing about abers all the time.

Well put PP. I have seen Looby play and he is a booming left footer who is quite a burly lad and doesnt mind a bit of physicality. Hopefully will be a good recruit for the remainder of the season.

I just have a couple of quick queries regarding this new recruit.

1. Do you think an old abers faithful in Kristian De Pasquale would have convinced him to play at abers?

2. Could Van Reit be leaving because of this new recruit? I have been told there was bad blood between some of the Seymour boys and Looby when he played on Saad Saad in the GF a few years back.

Sorry I forgot another departure from last season- Nordenhousen! Maybe add Van Reit to the mix although he left last year too. Once bitten twice shy.

Knew I would rattle a few fellow Abers cages and again didn't expect many answers to the questions above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back