EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh i see where your heading Mero but look what has happened to Basketball after they changed names of teams, and then some teams disappeared, the supporters lost the Passion like some of the Fitzroy & South Melb supporters,the EDFL has never been in a better position as it is right now and it is up to every individual club to keep working hard to compete, yes Greenvales & Marbo have people around their clubs with the $ but that's life, Pascoe Vale are working hard to get into 1st div and others need to do the same. Leave it as it is, we don't need changes as we are building rivalries which brings out the passion in supporters.

would have to agree with this look what happened to west suburbs league clubs when that comp folded how many are left & whats left are playing in div 2 hoppers left west subs year before it folded

the coaches probably got sacked as a way of showing that their club will not tolerate that behaviour.the ground has been below par for most of the year but it is out of the clubs control, there are far far worse grounds/facilties going around.
and as for the supporters, from what ive seen get arguably the biggest crowd in the league, so sure your gonna get the odd feral, again ive seen far worse. why dont you take the silver spoon out of your mouth and approach the club yourself and talk to the hard working people and tell them what you think rather than take pot shots from the outside.

I dont have a clue if all of them are sacked.
But honestly its not affecting you in anyway , so why make stupid comments
And im sure cragieburn arnt ferrals compared to some clubs in the EDFL

Gavin Langborne is a mans man, i have never herd Gavin talk behind anyones back, if he has somthing to say about someone, he will say it to their face, straight up! Integrity, honesty and a genuine person somes up the man. Actions speak louder than words, so i think gavin has pretty well done all what needed to be done! If you have nothing good to say about someone, then your best to say nothing!

Damn straight :thumbsu:

Apparently there are clubs after the services of the Aberfeldie coach.

His record of:
1 win in 2007 with KP
6 (or so) wins in 2008 with Abers
3 wins in 2009.
Thats 10 out of 47.

Apparently there are clubs after the services of the Aberfeldie coach.

His record of:
1 win in 2007 with KP
6 (or so) wins in 2008 with Abers
3 wins in 2009.
Thats 10 out of 47.

so what is your point idiot. Dean is a very good coach but he doesnt want to coach a team that has bought a side. Give him time loser it is his first year at club with a very young list. lets judge him in three years time and then see how he is going

so what is your point idiot. Dean is a very good coach but he doesnt want to coach a team that has bought a side. Give him time loser it is his first year at club with a very young list. lets judge him in three years time and then see how he is going

A major part of a suburban coaches role is attract players to the club and unfortunately in the EDFL these days you have to "buy" players to compete. There are a few promising young blokes in the side but there are also others making up the numbers and just because a bloke is 18 and playing seniors dosn't mean he will develop into a good senior player. Clubs are drawing for a far wider talent pool than their juniours and to compete we have to widen our talent pool beyond the club as well.

Whilst I am not saying Dean should be sacked, your comment that he is a good coach is more ridiculous than those saying he is rubbish. He has had two unsuccesful years in the EDFL (he was also our assisstant coach last year, so it's not his first year at the club) and has proved nothing, let alone proved to anyone he is good. Many questioned his appointment at the start of the season and he has done nothing to silence those doubters.

Abers blokes on here need to realise that at the moment we should aim to stay up each year as for one reason or another (be it cash, culture, profile, etc.) we just aren't able to attract the required standard of player to the club to be successful. Talk of mass improvement, premierships etc is just stupid and sets the club up for the fall every year.

I know the three men involved here and i will say this, Gavin Langborne is a mans man, i have never herd Gavin talk behind anyones back, if he has somthing to say about someone, he will say it to their face, straight up! Integrity, honesty and a genuine person somes up the man. Actions speak louder than words, so i think gavin has pretty well done all what needed to be done! If you have nothing good to say about someone, then your best to say nothing!
:thumbsu:Fully agree.

A major part of a suburban coaches role is attract players to the club and unfortunately in the EDFL these days you have to "buy" players to compete. There are a few promising young blokes in the side but there are also others making up the numbers and just because a bloke is 18 and playing seniors dosn't mean he will develop into a good senior player. Clubs are drawing for a far wider talent pool than their juniours and to compete we have to widen our talent pool beyond the club as well.

Whilst I am not saying Dean should be sacked, your comment that he is a good coach is more ridiculous than those saying he is rubbish. He has had two unsuccesful years in the EDFL (he was also our assisstant coach last year, so it's not his first year at the club) and has proved nothing, let alone proved to anyone he is good. Many questioned his appointment at the start of the season and he has done nothing to silence those doubters.

Abers blokes on here need to realise that at the moment we should aim to stay up each year as for one reason or another (be it cash, culture, profile, etc.) we just aren't able to attract the required standard of player to the club to be successful. Talk of mass improvement, premierships etc is just stupid and sets the club up for the fall every year.

Well put and sensible post !!!!

Pitty all the Abers Gorillas havent been so smart about their fortunes each year,

then again, if they did, this place would not be half as much fun :D

mate who on this forum has mentioned premierships for abers???
Yes we thought we would improve but the whole bloody league has and two very bad games ( which happen in footy ) against avondale and we would be sitting 5 wins with hopefully another couple by the end of the year ansd it would have been improvement. Reality is we havent won those games so it doesnt look like we have improved.

You tell me with the players playing seconds who should be playing 1's?? we have a very very good seconds team but unfortunately that is the level they are going to play at the moment.

Dean in my eyes is a very good coach he talks well game plan is correct but unfortunately we havent had the success for a few reasons.

this is Deans first year as head coach he couldnt do anything as an assistant last year so he has had one year of recruiting you cant go out and get a whole new team in one pre season. If you have been watching we have picked up some very good recruits and with hopefully 3 or 4 more next year and the young guys having a very good pre season it may be different but that is next year.

lets hope Marby win the flag this year and maybe the money might dry up.

Marby are the worst club in the EDFl by far not one player came back in rooms after game on Saturday shows what kind of blokes and the club is like. Yes they had there ball but not coming in for 10 mins and a drink shit effort. they all probably had to go to the tresureres house to pick up the 50k for the match payments for that game

Yes we thought we would improve but the whole bloody league has and two very bad games ( which happen in footy ) against avondale and we would be sitting 5 wins with hopefully another couple by the end of the year ansd it would have been improvement. Reality is we havent won those games so it doesnt look like we have improved.

You tell me with the players playing seconds who should be playing 1's?? we have a very very good seconds team but unfortunately that is the level they are going to play at the moment.

Dean in my eyes is a very good coach he talks well game plan is correct but unfortunately we havent had the success for a few reasons.

this is Deans first year as head coach he couldnt do anything as an assistant last year so he has had one year of recruiting you cant go out and get a whole new team in one pre season. If you have been watching we have picked up some very good recruits and with hopefully 3 or 4 more next year and the young guys having a very good pre season it may be different but that is next year.

Marby are the worst club in the EDFl by far not one player came back in rooms after game on Saturday shows what kind of blokes and the club is like. Yes they had there ball but not coming in for 10 mins and a drink shit effort. they all probably had to go to the tresureres house to pick up the 50k for the match payments for that game

No they gave the money out at the ball, it was being dropped from the ceiling for all to collect. Can't wait for Abers to get relegated next year!

Firstly, stop trotting out this "could have, should have" rubbish, we have won three games and thats the reality. I agree we have played some better footy at times this year (after the Craigiburn game I thought we had turned the corner) but we have also played some terrible footy and really gone nowhere this year.

I am not sure were I mentioned that there are blokes in the seconds who should be playing ones. I simply pointed out that multiple people on here have championed the fact that we are playing kids in the seniors as some sort of assurance of future success. Just because a kid is a struggling seniors player now, its no gurantee he will be a premiership standard player in six years. I can really only see Hicks, Carland and possibly Woodburn of the kids who have debuted this year playing in an EDFL premiership (I may have missed one or two others). Others are simply battlers in a 9th placed side and won't ever be good enough to contribute to an Aberfeldie flag.

You say Dean talks to the players well, I have heard many players don't get on with him, but thats all just opinion. Bottom line is he hasn't won games and that is the ultimate measure of a coach. I am not sure how you can call him a good coach, the jury may still be out and it may still be to early to call him a bad coach but he certainly has not proven he is a good coach, let alone "a very good coach".

I agree some of the new blokes such as Fitz and Van Riet have been good recruits but the problem is we get a few good new blokes every year and just as many leave. This is no doubt down to the fact that they don't see us as a chance of making an impact on the competition and hence we are stuck in a cycle of mid to lower finishes. Look at the way Doutta's turned it around this year, it is possible. Sure we will find a couple of guns over the summer but we will likely lose Van Riet and one or two others. We are seven or eight good to very good players away from making finals and we won't get that many finding three and losing two every year.

In terms of Marby, I agree that the way they have built their senior side is distasteful and not good for the competition. However I know a few local primary school teaches in the area and they tell me the young kids are flocking to Marby as they are running very good U/10s and U/12s programs. So whilst Allision may have single handled raised the club into A Grade, the true Marby folk appear to be striking whilst the iron is hot in developing a stronger junior club. We at Abers know that a strong junior club is crucial for sustained succes and should Marby keep the growth in juniours up they are no certainty return to being the B grade whipping boys they once were when the money goes. A stronger Marby junior program can only hurt us, given the proximity of the clubs, and should be another concern for Abers folk.

In terms of Marby, I agree that the way they have built their senior side is distasteful and not good for the competition. However I know a few local primary school teaches in the area and they tell me the young kids are flocking to Marby as they are running very good U/10s and U/12s programs. So whilst Allision may have single handled raised the club into A Grade, the true Marby folk appear to be striking whilst the iron is hot in developing a stronger junior club. We at Abers know that a strong junior club is crucial for sustained succes and should Marby keep the growth in juniours up they are no certainty return to being the B grade whipping boys they once were when the money goes. A stronger Marby junior program can only hurt us, given the proximity of the clubs, and should be another concern for Abers folk.

All 4 of their "A" grade junior sides look finals bound and I'm guessing they'll be clear favourites to go back to "B" grade footy next year.

They've really done a great job in turning their junior section around. They've got some very good players coming through which should help their 18s next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor had their ball the week before when they played us..none of their players came back inot our rooms, and understandably so. These things happen peanut.

On the money note - whatever we spend is money well spent at this stage - If Abers yearly spend is $1 - i'm sorry to say it's $1 too much!!!! Results over the last couple of years say MARBY 4 - ABERS 0

All 4 of their "A" grade junior sides look finals bound and I'm guessing they'll be clear favourites to go back to "B" grade footy next year.

They've really done a great job in turning their junior section around. They've got some very good players coming through which should help their 18s next year.

The quicker you Abers people start worrying about whats happening inyour own back yard and not what is happening at Maribyrnong park , then you might start progressing. The more people knock Maribyrnong the stronger will they get.

Stop sooking Abers!

The Marbi Millionaires didn't set foot into the Doutta Stars Sheds after their game either. Only a few Assistant Coaches came in to stick up for their thug Coach after he sniped his tagger on the day. Shite bunch of blokes..............

My only query on the Maribyrnong Park Football Club is whether or not their strengthening junior program is a matter of good management or purely because of the fact that quality local junior footballers are just interested in associating themselves with a successful senior team. It's like Roxburgh Park when they first entered junior ranks several years back, many outstanding junior footballers wanted to join up purely because of the fact they were a new franchise with plenty of money to throw around, once the novelty of that wore off they took some significant steps backwards and are now only fielding I believe one junior side in each age group, and their U16's are dead last without a win. It will be interesting, should Marby's financial prevalency at the senior level subside whether the junior program can continue to thrive, because speaking from personal experience having played junior football with Maribyrnong, the club is notoriously poor in it's treatment and running of juniors.

Firstly, stop trotting out this "could have, should have" rubbish, we have won three games and thats the reality. I agree we have played some better footy at times this year (after the Craigiburn game I thought we had turned the corner) but we have also played some terrible footy and really gone nowhere this year.

I am not sure were I mentioned that there are blokes in the seconds who should be playing ones. I simply pointed out that multiple people on here have championed the fact that we are playing kids in the seniors as some sort of assurance of future success. Just because a kid is a struggling seniors player now, its no gurantee he will be a premiership standard player in six years. I can really only see Hicks, Carland and possibly Woodburn of the kids who have debuted this year playing in an EDFL premiership (I may have missed one or two others). Others are simply battlers in a 9th placed side and won't ever be good enough to contribute to an Aberfeldie flag.

You say Dean talks to the players well, I have heard many players don't get on with him, but thats all just opinion. Bottom line is he hasn't won games and that is the ultimate measure of a coach. I am not sure how you can call him a good coach, the jury may still be out and it may still be to early to call him a bad coach but he certainly has not proven he is a good coach, let alone "a very good coach".

I agree some of the new blokes such as Fitz and Van Riet have been good recruits but the problem is we get a few good new blokes every year and just as many leave. This is no doubt down to the fact that they don't see us as a chance of making an impact on the competition and hence we are stuck in a cycle of mid to lower finishes. Look at the way Doutta's turned it around this year, it is possible. Sure we will find a couple of guns over the summer but we will likely lose Van Riet and one or two others. We are seven or eight good to very good players away from making finals and we won't get that many finding three and losing two every year.

Ok, might be time to start naming and shaming some of these so called Abers people who undermine their own club through an internet forum.

Now 'Abers', you know I know who you are, so maybe all this criticism and pot shots could be re-directed...seems like a fair waste of time and energy to spend your days writing a thesis on how bad the club is run and questioning the coach and the direction of the club. It boggles the mind how people who buy a couple of raffle tickets every year (if we're lucky) and a few beers on home games (when they decide to come to a game) can then feel they have the right to pontificate about the people who are doing the most to try and turn the club around?

The men and women on the Aberfeldie committees, senior football, juniors football and cricket do a fantastic job, just like at nearly all clubs. Its not a very glamorous job from what i have observed...mostly picking up other people's rubbish, a lot of meetings, a lot of work getting sponsors and recruiting new players and a lot criticism from hopefully a just a few. And they're all volunteers! I'm sure if someone came along who wanted to do all those things for them and win the club a flag in the mean time they would be more than happy to let them do it! Please form an orderly queue.

Now 'Abers', I give you a challenge seeing that you earn a decent wage now and so desperately want to see Aberfeldie turn it around. Join the club...join the Aberfeldians, sponsor your favourite player or maybe run water??? In the words of the former Hawthorn Coach, DO SOMETHING!

In terms of Marby, I don't think Aberfeldie has any problem with them improving their juniors, its good for the competition and Abers has done work with Marby in the past (such as giving them u/18s players) so we do not begrudge them success. By the way, Aberfeldie's juniors are as as strong as ever.

A bit of solidarity in times like this is what Aberfeldie needs. These are the alternatives:

Sack a coach 10 games into his Aberfeldie head coaching role?

Sack the committee and then have nobody to run the club?

So let's get behind Deano, get behind the players especially the ressies who look the goods this year and all buy an extra raffle ticket each week.

AND LET'S STOP TALKING ABOUT ABERS! Are doutta's the real deal? Is the top 4 basically decided? Has league done anything about Criagieburn President kicking ball down the hill to waste time, assuming it happened?

to the end of the comment above me.

How can time be wasted if the ball goes over the fence shouldnt the time keepers stop the time???

Ok, might be time to start naming and shaming some of these so called Abers people who undermine their own club through an internet forum.

Now 'Abers', you know I know who you are, so maybe all this criticism and pot shots could be re-directed...seems like a fair waste of time and energy to spend your days writing a thesis on how bad the club is run and questioning the coach and the direction of the club. It boggles the mind how people who buy a couple of raffle tickets every year (if we're lucky) and a few beers on home games (when they decide to come to a game) can then feel they have the right to pontificate about the people who are doing the most to try and turn the club around?

The men and women on the Aberfeldie committees, senior football, juniors football and cricket do a fantastic job, just like at nearly all clubs. Its not a very glamorous job from what i have observed...mostly picking up other people's rubbish, a lot of meetings, a lot of work getting sponsors and recruiting new players and a lot criticism from hopefully a just a few. And they're all volunteers! I'm sure if someone came along who wanted to do all those things for them and win the club a flag in the mean time they would be more than happy to let them do it! Please form an orderly queue.

Now 'Abers', I give you a challenge seeing that you earn a decent wage now and so desperately want to see Aberfeldie turn it around. Join the club...join the Aberfeldians, sponsor your favourite player or maybe run water??? In the words of the former Hawthorn Coach, DO SOMETHING!

In terms of Marby, I don't think Aberfeldie has any problem with them improving their juniors, its good for the competition and Abers has done work with Marby in the past (such as giving them u/18s players) so we do not begrudge them success. By the way, Aberfeldie's juniors are as as strong as ever.

A bit of solidarity in times like this is what Aberfeldie needs. These are the alternatives:

Sack a coach 10 games into his Aberfeldie head coaching role?

Sack the committee and then have nobody to run the club?

So let's get behind Deano, get behind the players especially the ressies who look the goods this year and all buy an extra raffle ticket each week.

AND LET'S STOP TALKING ABOUT ABERS! Are doutta's the real deal? Is the top 4 basically decided? Has league done anything about Criagieburn President kicking ball down the hill to waste time, assuming it happened?

Alright Prophetic, first and foremost if you want to conduct the hero act of naming me on football forum which is built around anonymity go ahead, I bet most people's response would be who the hell is that. However, to mention how much money I do or don't earn is over the top mate.

Now I understand why you fly off the handle at such posts, however take a step back a have a proper read of what I have written. I have not "potted" the club, I have not had a go at the commitee and I certainly haven't called for Dean to be sacked.

I have the utmost respect for the efforts of John, Arty Jacobs and the commitee. It's a hard and unrewarding job and you know I apreciate they do a lot of work for which they receive little praise. Just because I disagree with some of their decisions does not mean I don't respect their efforts.

The major thrusts of my posts have been to question how "Gorilla" can call Dean a "very good coach" when he has proven nothing. I haven't called for his head, I have simply said he hasn't proven that he is good and that the jury is out. Surely that is a fair comment in response to "Gorilla"'s?

I don't think the committee can do to much more than they are. What I am trying to say in my posts is that at the moment we are a club with limited resources and need to set expectations as such. This is not the fault of the committe, it's a product of the sugar daddy's at other clubs in the league, our geographic position and the mercenary culture in local football (as sumed up for us with Jorgenson swanning around at Greenvale). You yourself know you are guilty of talking us up every year and you are not alone in that, which is what leads to us being so hated on here. I think the fact that I have realistic expectations of the clubs allows me to apreciate the commitee's efforts more than most, as by keeping us in such a strong A grade each year I think they are achieving what they should.

I am not more involved in the club as I have other passions. I don't however agree that in order to be allowed to have an opinion I need to devote my life to the place.

This will be my last post for a while however I will finish with this Prophetic. You and I agree that to many at the club go over the top, throw their arms in the air and scream sack the coach or sack the board when we lose, which is just stupid and not the answer. However, posts like yours above, threatening me and denying me the right to say what I think do not help either. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and just because mine is different to yours does not make either wrong, nor does it mean I am unpreciative of the efforts of those who devote themselves to the club.

Opinion and debate are what lead to ideas being formed and success being achieved, stifle those and we will go backwards at a rate of knots.

The quicker you Abers people start worrying about whats happening inyour own back yard and not what is happening at Maribyrnong park , then you might start progressing. The more people knock Maribyrnong the stronger will they get.

Stop sooking Abers!

Are you talking to me, MD?

I admire what MP have done with their juniors and are merely talking as an outsider who likes what they've done. We're trying to do a similar thing down at CMR with our kids.

our geographic position and the mercenary culture in local football (as summed up for us with Jorgenson swanning around at Greenvale).

I think you are being extremely harsh on Jorgenson, he hasn’t played at abers since U16’s and by the time he had last played at Abers and moved to Greenvale was around 6 years.
He played a few years at Coburg and then moved to Greenvale where a lot of his mates where playing ie- Kuret, Randello, Smith( Greenvale boy played a couple of seasons for Coburg) Farag, Briggs, Darby.
He was loyal and wanted to play with his mates, not with a club that he has had no association with for a half a decade.
I have no doubt that he gets well looked after at Greenvale, but if he wanted to be a mercenary, he could have got a lot more money at other clubs. Jorgenason is one of the nicest blokes you’ll meet, prob too nice at times
You abers boys keep up your infighting it’s working well for you but leave good blokes like Jorgenson out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back