EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny how you can write off a side who has not yet lost a game and played marby and keilor twice

The Jets were missing their biggest recruit of the year... Faraj

And were also missing Bicer, Aloi, Randello, Potter and both Pekes brothers. Would be interested to know if the 10 (supposed) missing Doutta's players were equal to that quality.

Big call to say that Greenvale won't make the GF when they have beaten all the best teams (including the two nominated to make it MP & Keilor) and havent even been close to full strength at any stage yet this year!
:eek:

Back to PRISON MIKE!

Unsure about Avondale because they beat us twice this year, but put in a disgraceful effort on the weekend. Did they have many out,

Great win boys up at Craigieburn. Our talls dominated them, Mckee, Suarez, Woody and Marcus Barham. If we hadn't dropped those 2 close games to Avondale, we'd be equal on pts with Douttas.

Heard Douttas put a massive effort against Greenvale. They seem to match up well against them!
Marbo Park posted a very good win against Strathmore. Pumped them. Thought that might of been a closer game!!!
Glenroy. Not knocking them, but should of stayed in B grade and not wasted everybody's time.

The Oak Park FC gave Taylors Lakes an example of the difference between A and B Division footy. I think the Lakers can benefit from it to know where they must go.

mmmmm if you didnt drop those two games you would be close ??

Just like if your aunty had a beard she would be your uncle,

Means nothing, you dropped the games cause you are shite

And were also missing Bicer, Aloi, Randello, Potter and both Pekes brothers. Would be interested to know if the 10 (supposed) missing Doutta's players were equal to that quality.

Big call to say that Greenvale won't make the GF when they have beaten all the best teams (including the two nominated to make it MP & Keilor) and havent even been close to full strength at any stage yet this year!
:eek:

Back to PRISON MIKE!

Yes GV are the best team in the comp pre finals, following quality players missing from Douttas line up are the equal to those you have named.
Try Carey/Kelly/Ramsey/Mugavin/Sharp/Svarc/Wilson
As they say it aint over till the Fat Lady sings - is 2008 just a fading memory??? ;)

Yes GV are the best team in the comp pre finals, following quality players missing from Douttas line up are the equal to those you have named.
Try Carey/Kelly/Ramsey/Mugavin/Sharp/Svarc/Wilson
As they say it aint over till the Fat Lady sings - is 2008 just a fading memory??? ;)

I'll give you Carey but wouldnt think the rest of that list quite compares!

Anyways - If i remember right it certainly wasnt Douttas that knocked off GV in the GF last year and you don't look like being there to do it this year either! ;)

But your certainly right fat lady hasnt sung yet. But top spot is almost assured which means you only need to win one game to make the GF! But then the REAL challenge begins. Getting the monkey off the back!

How would Avondale Heights be feeling about the appointment of Matthew Pierce as coach? He has delivered nothing.

He hardly has a great pedigree as a player (VFL twos) so strange choice. Anyone think otherwise?

Saw Doutta v Greenvale today. Great effort after being thumped by Keilor last week. Greenvale are definately beatable. Thoughts?

I am predicting a Marby v Keilor GF.

Avondale are quite comfortable with Matthew Pearce as Coach. Disappointing on Saturday and they have had there ups and downs and been hurt by injury. But simply they do not have the funds of others, not even close. So dont go blaming the Coach, why do you have to play AFL or VFL ones to be a good coach as he has played ones, stupid statement.

Unsure about Avondale because they beat us twice this year, but put in a disgraceful effort on the weekend. Did they have many out,

Great win boys up at Craigieburn. Our talls dominated them, Mckee, Suarez, Woody and Marcus Barham. If we hadn't dropped those 2 close games to Avondale, we'd be equal on pts with Douttas.

Heard Douttas put a massive effort against Greenvale. They seem to match up well against them!
Marbo Park posted a very good win against Strathmore. Pumped them. Thought that might of been a closer game!!!
Glenroy. Not knocking them, but should of stayed in B grade and not wasted everybody's time.

The Oak Park FC gave Taylors Lakes an example of the difference between A and B Division footy. I think the Lakers can benefit from it to know where they must go.

You idiot Remus.........and if Douttas had not have lost 4 games by less than a goal they would of been 4 games ahead of Abers and in the four.

And if Glenroy had of stayed in B Grade, you would be having a lot of sleepless nights thinking about your trips to Jacacna next year.

You are a fool.

And if Glenroy had of stayed in B Grade, you would be having a lot of sleepless nights thinking about your trips to Jacacna next year.

You are a fool.

nothing wrong with playing at Jacana.

Saw a bit of the Strathmore v Marby game on the weekend, spend most of the time at the pub behind the ground, not a bad pub since its been done up.

Go Marby.

I'll give you Carey but wouldnt think the rest of that list quite compares!

Anyways - If i remember right it certainly wasnt Douttas that knocked off GV in the GF last year and you don't look like being there to do it this year either! ;)

RE your first point you are correct but thats not rocket science i guess as they are and have been the best team in the comp for the last few years so that would indicate that most of there players are better then ours.

GV had some very good players out on Saturday as did we,well very important in our eyes and to our club is maybe a better way of putting it but yeah no excuse and im not saying that we deserved to win but we hung in all day and had a might last quarter and nearly drew the game so a fantastic effort by the guys.

With a similar team last year we would have gotten beaten by a lot more.

and RE your second point bingo right again old chap we didnt play in the GF last year in fact we were nearly relegated and we wont be playing in it this year either :D

Now onto this weeks game Marby down there,very very tough game,hopefully we have some to come in but im not really sure to tell the truth.Ill be loitering around the Marby Barby devouring burgers MMMMmmmm :thumbsu:

THE DREBTER

Doing an extra session when you can is fine.
A structured extra session is ridiculous and demanding to much time of a local footballer.

Respect your opinion. But if I were coaching and knew what some of these players were on and I wanted to be successful......I wouldn't think and extra hour on a Monday night or a Sunday morning would be asking too much.

It appears to be working for Oak Park. I'll let their results speak for them selves.

nothing wrong with playing at Jacana.

Saw a bit of the Strathmore v Marby game on the weekend, spend most of the time at the pub behind the ground, not a bad pub since its been done up.

Go Marby.
theres everything wrong at playing at jacana , everyone in the EDFL knows that!!!

not knockin abers but maybe you could of saved 100 grand on players to finish in the bottom 3 with the money you spend waste of time and money tool

Greenvale’s 6 best players on the weekend all local junior players and all under the age of 25.

15 of the 21 players on the weekend played junior football at the club. Only 2 of them over 25 and 9 of them under 21.

How many local would marby have had playing for them on the weekend prob not even one, just shows where the two clubs are at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenvale’s 6 best players on the weekend all local junior players and all under the age of 25.

15 of the 21 players on the weekend played junior football at the club. Only 2 of them over 25 and 9 of them under 21.

How many local would marby have had playing for them on the weekend prob not even one, just shows where the two clubs are at

That's great for greenvale. I think it'd be a much fairer comparison to do though after Marby have been in A Grade for the same period that greenvale has now. So the fairer comparisons are Greenvale in Year 2 of A Grade footy or Marby in 6 - 7 years time

Was only 3 weeks worth of light mon sessions. Fitness and talent already the difference.

Interesting to note that Taylors lakes are 2nd but unable to beat Pacco, Tulla or Oak park.

No one has or will beat Oak Park - and Tulla was unable to beat Taylors Lakes.

Oak Park are now $1.28 to win the flag and that looks like a good bet. Take them out the season would be a cracker with nothing between Lakers, Paco, Tulla, Keilor Park and Airport West.

Thats why it was a close affair Pinorcle. Douttas had 11 home grown players including a first gamer still in U16's, 2 U18's and a first gamer from the Reserves.
It seems that if you take the superstars out there isn't much between the 2 sides.

Respect your opinion. But if I were coaching and knew what some of these players were on and I wanted to be successful......I wouldn't think and extra hour on a Monday night or a Sunday morning would be asking too much.

It appears to be working for Oak Park. I'll let their results speak for them selves.

I guess that leads us to the discussion about the amount of money in local footy. But that has been done to death on here so I wont get started.

I guess that leads us to the discussion about the amount of money in local footy. But that has been done to death on here so I wont get started.
There is no point making the correlation between training an extra session and where you are on the ladder relating to Oak Park. They could have done 10 extra sessions last year and still got relegated. This year they could train for half an hour each week and still win they are that far above. Basically most sides are even in fitness. It is easy to motivate yourself to do extra sessions when you know you are playing finals. The top A grade sides Strathmore, Greenvale etc have been doing extra sessions at this time of year for ages. It is not anything new. Glenroy use to train every Sunday morning in the mid 90's. What a pain in the arse that would have been. Remember we are only playing local footy. Many country recruits are probably on top dollar and i bet most of them hardly ever train.

And what will happen to all those home grown players when the big money superstars come back at finals time. They will all get the arse to the 2s that's what. Then next year they will all nick off somewhere else where they will get a go

And what will happen to all those home grown players when the big money superstars come back at finals time. They will all get the arse to the 2s that's what. Then next year they will all nick off somewhere else where they will get a go

Yes some of them will go back to the two’s but as i said before the majority of them are under 21. It can’t be expected that all these kids play seniors straight away, they need time to develop.

They will develop a lot better working with people with vast AFL experience like Steve Macpherson and Steve Paxman than going to some B grade side and playing under Joe blogs who played 100 B grade EDFL games.

If all players are fully fit the team will still consist of at least half local juniors. What other senior team that is vying for the premiership would have that many local players playing in there seniors.

Greenvale has now got a very good balance of local and imported players and is still consistently at the pointy end of the ladder.

Also how long does someone have to play at a club before that are a local- our captain Bicer has played over 120 senior games for the club, he is now a local. 90% of the team has been at the football club for 3 years or more. not many clubs could say that i would reckon

Yes some of them will go back to the two’s but as i said before the majority of them are under 21. It can’t be expected that all these kids play seniors straight away, they need time to develop.

They will develop a lot better working with people with vast AFL experience like Steve Macpherson and Steve Paxman than going to some B grade side and playing under Joe blogs who played 100 B grade EDFL games.

If all players are fully fit the team will still consist of at least half local juniors. What other senior team that is vying for the premiership would have that many local players playing in there seniors.

Greenvale has now got a very good balance of local and imported players and is still consistently at the pointy end of the ladder.

Also how long does someone have to play at a club before that are a local- our captain Bicer has played over 120 senior games for the club, he is now a local. 90% of the team has been at the football club for 3 years or more. not many clubs could say that i would reckon
Just because a bloke played AFL does not mean he knows any more or any less about football. You can have a sharp football mind and just have no skill or no courage or no speed or no strength. There are many reasons why people dont play AFL. I could give you 1000 examples of AFL players who are drop kicks and couldnt coach for shit. And i will tell you another thing coaching local footy is poles apart from AFL. Just getting players to kick, mark and handball to targets is a challenge. At AFL level all players would be able to do this before they even get drafted.

I may be mistaken but I would think local players are those who came through your junior grades, not those who came for money and then stayed for more money.

Just because a bloke played AFL does not mean he knows any more or any less about football. You can have a sharp football mind and just have no skill or no courage or no speed or no strength. There are many reasons why people dont play AFL. I could give you 1000 examples of AFL players who are drop kicks and couldnt coach for shit. And i will tell you another thing coaching local footy is poles apart from AFL. Just getting players to kick, mark and handball to targets is a challenge. At AFL level all players would be able to do this before they even get drafted.

I disagree especially in this case

Steve Mcpherson for example has played 200 games of AFL, therefore i assume he would have learnt a lot from variosu coaches along the way

Steven Paxman has played 200 games as well

Tell me what coaches Joe Blogs that has played 100 B grade games has played under and where they learnt all they know

And XPKFC

Players who come to a club play over 100 games and stick around at that club even when retired or no longer playing are counted as local in my book

I disagree especially in this case

Steve Mcpherson for example has played 200 games of AFL, therefore i assume he would have learnt a lot from variosu coaches along the way

Steven Paxman has played 200 games as well

Tell me what coaches Joe Blogs that has played 100 B grade games has played under and where they learnt all they know

And XPKFC

Players who come to a club play over 100 games and stick around at that club even when retired or no longer playing are counted as local in my book

Learning under the AFL blokes like MCGuane & McPeherson makes much more difference. I remember when M/Connell coached Abers a few years back the players got heaps out of it and even Doutta's with Barnes this season have improved (even though there great fans potted me last week). Top weekend boys - 3 goals 5 for the game.

Yes you have so many players out of course. The list say's Ramsay, Wilson back in. Who was out? Kade. Anybody else reasonalbe? Not these other fringe players you always talk about.
Marbo Park who has another Ex afl coach in Holland are really impressing.
They pants you mob and it looked like Barling and Kinnear both didnt play.

Bad luck to our boys. WC just couldnt miss and were tough at the football. They were kicking everything and are very hard at the football. Robby Taylor blitz them and I think Looby played his best game for our club.

Lucky for Douttas that Marbys kicking was very inaccurate,mind you the wind was howling across the ground so it was difficult.
There physical presence around stoppages is very good and with the addition of bullen they have some good hard ball nuts.Heath Ayres destroyed them on the weekend and I reckon himself and greenvales Dennis bicer are two of the biggest ball magnets in park football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back