EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are an absolute tosser mate. You get on here making excuse after excuse looking to blame everyone else but yourselves. No matter how much you want to get on here and throw stones and sling shit at other clubs and other age groups you need to remember one thing. Everyone saw the footage. Everyone saw the U16's Northern Saints player king hit a Tulla kid because he kicked a goal. PUT THAT IN YOUR FACT FILE. That's a no no against Northern Saints isn't it? Someone deserves to be king hit for kicking a goal and putting their team in front. There were 3 that's right 3 under 18 players there watching Tulla because they play for the same club w***er. They were out on the ground because Tulla won the game. Unfortunately because of reasons your club knows all about they were unable to celebrate the great win because of ferral players and supporters from Northern Saints. At the tribunal tonight tell me what club are the 2 players from who have been reported????? That's right. Northern Saints. If the niggles were both ways wouldn't there be players from both sides at the tribunal?? Hasn't one player been charged by the police too?? OH and it was all some supporter that nobody claims to know thats right. Wake up and smell the roses mate. Stop talking so much crap on here. Take some responsibility.

Now, Now.....I have nothing but condemnation and disgust for botht the player that king hit someone and the w***er with the mallet (and believe it or not we had no idea who he was, does every club know the details of every supporter present at finals?, dont be so bloody ridiculous).

I hope they both get what they deserve from both the league and the police.

What i take offence at is:

a) people with a holier than thou attitude, like their clubs have never been in any trouble before

b) this bull$hit attitude that Northern have some sort of long-standing culture problem, when what we have are a few idiots (mostly new to the club this year). We have been weeding them out, but some get through the system unfortunately.

c) the innocent case Tulla are putting forward all over the media, spectators from both sides were on the ground involved in a melee. And plenty from both sides were hurt.

Lets not forget that yes, two Northern players were reported and will be dealt with in due course by the league and the club. However, after these initial incidents the umpires were off the field. There could still be charges to people from both sides as a result of the investigation. The news showed 10 seconds of footage and there is plenty more available.
*No players have been charged so far

ps. I only said the niggle was from both sides, last time i checked niggling wasnt a reportable offence

I've read a lot of stuff over the last couple of days and none worse than the so called culture of under age drinking at the club.

This was all based on the "drinks at bar prices" advertised at our junior presentation. These drinks include, coke, lemonade, fanta etc.

I can assure Tess, who continues to take a great interest in our club from afar, that we will, just like we've done all year, continue to come down hard on people who bring our club into disrepute.

The following clubs seem to be serial offenders.
Jacana
Hadfield
Northern Saints
Cragieburn

The EDFL needs to finally take a stance. Fines possibly to the magnitude of $5000.00 or more to be implemented to cut these violent acts out.
The bad publicity the EDFL has received in 2009 must be of great concern and the EDFL has done nothing to stem it. The comp is very strong but the league must ensure that something is done particulary with these clubs. The well behaved clubs should not be penalised for the other clubs actions.

Jacana
Hadfield
Northern Saints
Cragieburn

The EDFL needs to finally take a stance. Fines possibly to the magnitude of $5000.00 or more to be implemented to cut these violent acts out.
The bad publicity the EDFL has received in 2009 must be of great concern and the EDFL has done nothing to stem it. The comp is very strong but the league must ensure that something is done particulary with these clubs. The well behaved clubs should not be penalised for the other clubs actions.

West Coburg? Glenroy?
Tell me the last investigation involving Northern Saints????

I never even mentioned yesterday's result in the post!

I personally love the Abers v Douttas rivalry and the general banter on this site over the years is always a good read but yesterday's behind the play incident was totally against the spirit of the game

Good hard tough footy is why you play but that incident doesn't tick any of those boxes Julia!

Sorry muffmuff but i only mentioned the win cause saw in the Sunday Herald Sun. Why do you tape games was the question i was asking? There will be plenty of highlights for presentation night wont there, from the performances in games this year? Did the committee show any of the tapes to Rioli after he had to front the committee after the round 7 loss?:)

yeah got the picture you are a racist.

To repeat you have simply said "ethnics" - which is to imply anyone other than white people are the problem. That is total crap.

I have played footy in EDFL for about 15 years and I havent witnessed what you say is a problem with "ethnic" players.

You have raised a total generalisation without any evidence which makes it racist. Pretty basic. Hope that is easy for you to understand.

What generally happens is the clubs with no interest in football are the problem. This isnt confined to any race but really to the culture of certain clubs. When clubs improve there culture & adminsitration they can get rid of those players who are only interested in belting people.

Lets have a look at a-grade after the weekend:

1 the mckee incident we have reports of the senior coach, an ex-AFL player supporting the behaviour. As far as im aware Barnes is not an "ethnic" & nor was the player.

2 the incident at craigeburn involving off-ball incdients - again no one would call them an "ethnic" club.

So why doesnt that mean we have a problem with white people in this competition? That is where your argument is just absolute idiocy.

So you can try an paint it anyway you like but you are contributing nothing to the debate and only serving to blame a particular group of people to make yourself feel better.

We should instead be concentrating on giving EDFL & clubs support in weeding out players/ supporters who have no interest in football.

I reckon you should be the first out because we dont need a bunch of ignorant, racist pigs like yourself taking us back 10 years.

Cry me a river you whining sook.

1. I am not blaming ethnics for all the problems that take place in the EDFL, as you seem to be perceiving this.

2. Nor am I saying that they are the only culprits or the only ones to blame, or that they haven't been victims at one time or another.

3. I am in no way saying their is a "problem" with heavily ethnic populated clubs.

4. I am stating, as clear as day, that based on my personal experiences, from incidents that have occurred in matches that I have either played in or witnessed, ethnics fans from clubs with a large demographic of ethnic fans, have been the perpuetrators.

5. Others may have completely different experiences of crowd problems, and thus a different perception to mine, I am just going by me, not generalising about the whole competition as you have said.

That is what I know, that is what I have witnessed. Deal with it, and move on.

yeah got the picture you are a racist.

To repeat you have simply said "ethnics" - which is to imply anyone other than white people are the problem. That is total crap.

I have played footy in EDFL for about 15 years and I havent witnessed what you say is a problem with "ethnic" players.

You have raised a total generalisation without any evidence which makes it racist. Pretty basic. Hope that is easy for you to understand.

What generally happens is the clubs with no interest in football are the problem. This isnt confined to any race but really to the culture of certain clubs. When clubs improve there culture & adminsitration they can get rid of those players who are only interested in belting people.

Lets have a look at a-grade after the weekend:

1 the mckee incident we have reports of the senior coach, an ex-AFL player supporting the behaviour. As far as im aware Barnes is not an "ethnic" & nor was the player.

2 the incident at craigeburn involving off-ball incdients - again no one would call them an "ethnic" club.

So why doesnt that mean we have a problem with white people in this competition? That is where your argument is just absolute idiocy.

So you can try an paint it anyway you like but you are contributing nothing to the debate and only serving to blame a particular group of people to make yourself feel better.

We should instead be concentrating on giving EDFL & clubs support in weeding out players/ supporters who have no interest in football.

I reckon you should be the first out because we dont need a bunch of ignorant, racist pigs like yourself taking us back 10 years.

X2 couldnt have said it better myself,

Jacana
Hadfield
Northern Saints
Cragieburn

The Northern football league has the yellow and red card system and the umpires are very quick to use them too, it is a good idea although not fool proof it does help tone down thuggery.

West Coburg? Glenroy?
Tell me the last investigation involving Northern Saints????

Why is West Coburg and Glenroy brought up? Many of these clubs getting mentioned all work very hard to change the perception of their club in the community.

Many of these issues (generally at U/16 or U/18 level) are caused by people not directly involved with the club but are friends, cousins etc. of those involved.

I am sure most committees are doing there best to clear out the idiots. I think its important to realise that these incidents don't always involve a specific race. There are as many anglosaxon idiots running around whacking blokes as any other race.

Why is West Coburg and Glenroy brought up? Many of these clubs getting mentioned all work very hard to change the perception of their club in the community.

Many of these issues (generally at U/16 or U/18 level) are caused by people not directly involved with the club but are friends, cousins etc. of those involved.

I am sure most committees are doing there best to clear out the idiots. I think its important to realise that these incidents don't always involve a specific race. There are as many anglosaxon idiots running around whacking blokes as any other race.

Exactly right, there probably are. At no stage have I disputed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tell me the last investigation involving glenroy ?

Thats exactly my point its all perception. At our club and many others. And all clubs are working hard to change this, but a few keyboard warriors are spreading rubbish left right and centre.
They have no idea of the good work sides such as ours, WC and the roys do in turning around the attitudes of many troubled blokes. But the positive stories dont sell papers now do they????

absolutely ridculous comments which are easy to make from behind a computer. what about craigeburn...they seem to be involved in a lot of fights and dont have many "ethnic" players.

and what ethnicity are you talking about? seems you are referring to all people who arent white anglo-saxon. well it was a white anglo bloke who king hit mckee on the weekend.

the problem is certain people of all races who would rather belt people & have all ins than play footy. trying to say it is a problem with certain race is absolute crap.

I don't like the term Anglo-Saxon, I prefer Anglo-Celtic as this recognises the Irish, Welsh and Scottish and we all know they like a fight.

I think we have a major problem with Irish background players in our comp - every fight seems to be caused by a bloody person with an Irish sir-name...i mean look at ****ing Paddy Larkins he never stopped fighting.

I mean come on Last Line hero, you would be more at home in Germany from about 1933 to 1945 you scum bag. Your personal experience means dick. Lets clear out some of the white trash like you and we might have a better league

Thats exactly my point its all perception. At our club and many others. And all clubs are working hard to change this, but a few keyboard warriors are spreading rubbish left right and centre.
They have no idea of the good work sides such as ours, WC and the roys do in turning around the attitudes of many troubled blokes. But the positive stories dont sell papers now do they????

yes got got love the way the herald sun have sensationalised parts of the story eg: photos of underage drinking at a club function when every single person in the photos was over 18. i rang the herald sun and made a complaint.....the response i got was somebody "MIGHT" get back to you. i could not believe it! and of course nobody did get back to me. ill be ringing back today to set the record straight

The EDFL needs to re-evaluate the merits of certain teams actually being allowed to remain in this competition. Post match assessments always seem to revolve around fights/brawls. Now we are sprawled across the media for an assault by a supporter - what a disgrace.

I didn't hear it but according to realiable sources the Craigieburn coach instructed his players at 3/4 time to physically assault Keilor players and in particular he singled out Markham Johnson for extra attention. If this actually happened this club needs to be sent back from whence they came.

The tactic didn't work as one Craigieburn player (#40 red head) left the ground under the blood rule after he tried and failed to king hit a Keilor player who only had eyes for the ball.

Another Craigieburn player (#1 Lamaro??) was constantly kicking a Keilor player who kept his composure until he was spat on. Lamaro finished the remainder of the game in a state of confusion and was helped from the field by the trainers - spat on the wrong bloke!

I noticed that the majority of Craigieburn players came in to the rooms though and stayed for quite a while which was good to see (didn't see #40 or #1 come in though!).

You must be the local Keilor clown mate because that post is a joke. At no time did Barry Nolan say physically assault any player. He is very strong on playing hard tough football but is completely against any dog acts; however he fully supports players standing up for one another (which is the right thing to do). A bit rich as well considering your coach at quarter time said to get physical against Craigieburn!
The view from behind the bars must have clouded your vision of the game because you have also managed to completely ignore a couple of dog acts from Keilor players. #5 swinging a big roundhouse to the back of the head of a Craigieburn player and #45 throwing back his elbow into the face of a Craigieburn player 100m off the ball. Both occurred during the game and not in the fights (which I believe both teams were involved in!).
How about before condemning clubs you actually look at the entire game rather than getting on Big Footy and talking one sided crap. There has been quite a few players from Craigieburn who have received cheap shots throughout the year but typically we don’t get on and whinge about it.
I am absolutely against any form of violence (and cheap shots) on the football field and a way the EDFL can crack down on this is by employing umpires with balls. There were a number of incidents from both teams that could have easily been reported and should have if the umpires had any form of control. At the first sign of trouble from a player the umpire should report them, or send them off. I have played in leagues utilising the Yellow and Red Card system which seems to work well and should be looked at by the EDFL.

Have never felt the need to post on this site, but was at the Keilor game Pie Man and your version of events is laughable. One team was clearly playing the ball and was as disciplined as you could ever expect a team to be given the sniping, kicking, spitting etc that was coming from one team and one team only...

i've been at glenroy for 2 years now, and in my time at the club(and from what my memory recalls), not only has there not been an investigation, or a senior player rubbed out, but i dont recall 1 senior player even being reported in my time at the club. thats as clean a rap sheet as it gets. would find it hard to believe many clubs having a record like that in the last 2 years. and considering how easy it would be for players to lose thier cool with the way results have gone for us this year, that makes it even more of an achievement.

Its impossible for clubs to identify problem players/supporters right away, the only answer to weed these people out is to send them packing when they do the wrong thing, which is something you would think all clubs do, its just a pity something bad happens for this process to take place

You must be the local Keilor clown mate because that post is a joke. At no time did Barry Nolan say physically assault any player. He is very strong on playing hard tough football but is completely against any dog acts; however he fully supports players standing up for one another (which is the right thing to do). A bit rich as well considering your coach at quarter time said to get physical against Craigieburn!
The view from behind the bars must have clouded your vision of the game because you have also managed to completely ignore a couple of dog acts from Keilor players. #5 swinging a big roundhouse to the back of the head of a Craigieburn player and #45 throwing back his elbow into the face of a Craigieburn player 100m off the ball. Both occurred during the game and not in the fights (which I believe both teams were involved in!).
How about before condemning clubs you actually look at the entire game rather than getting on Big Footy and talking one sided crap. There has been quite a few players from Craigieburn who have received cheap shots throughout the year but typically we don’t get on and whinge about it.
I am absolutely against any form of violence (and cheap shots) on the football field and a way the EDFL can crack down on this is by employing umpires with balls. There were a number of incidents from both teams that could have easily been reported and should have if the umpires had any form of control. At the first sign of trouble from a player the umpire should report them, or send them off. I have played in leagues utilising the Yellow and Red Card system which seems to work well and should be looked at by the EDFL.
You are a buffoon who hides behind a keyboard and attacks umpires your scum and major issue with our league - our umpires are pretty much the best going around in local leagues so appreciate you piece of filth because the league has worked hard to create umpiring up to the standard of football we get in all grades of footy and its morons like you attacking umpires guts and credibility (as you said they had no control which is an attempt to discredit them as umpires) that is going to push this leauge backwards you are a muppet and i hope you soon move on from our league or learn to keep your moronic mouth shut

that whole fight started because number six hit one of our guys and than everyone got involved. so if that guy hadn't of hit someone from glenroy , that fight wouldn't of happened

I think you should get the story correct legend. If #30 for Glenroy was not sniping all day and did not hit #6 from AH in the first place none of this would have happened. #6 was protecting his team mate from being wacked by #30 under the pack. Anyway, none of the AH supports ran onto the field to get involved in the fight like the Glenroy supporters did.

Time to step back a little here boys and girls. All clubs have had incidents where opposition players have been hurt or injured as a result of something that has occured on the field. To single out 1 or 2 clubs in particular is rubbish.

Each club has it's own very distinct culture and way of playing the game and every club gets infultrated by gooses out to prove something....

No club in the EDFL could honestly stand up and say they have not been involved in some kind of less than desired behavior....it's part of local footy...a terrible part no one will argue but it's a part of it.

Who ever this idiot with the mallet was ...I don't think reflects accuratley on the Northern Saints. Having played against them for a long time and knowing a few of the guys from there for a while I think they would be just as shattered as anyone with what this moron has done.

In saying all that mud sticks and the NS's guys have some cleaning up to do whether this guy was from there or not really doesn't matter.....he is now associated with them for ever.

This is not a footy issue...this is an issue for society.

Time to step back a little here boys and girls. All clubs have had incidents where opposition players have been hurt or injured as a result of something that has occured on the field. To single out 1 or 2 clubs in particular is rubbish.

Each club has it's own very distinct culture and way of playing the game and every club gets infultrated by gooses out to prove something....

No club in the EDFL could honestly stand up and say they have not been involved in some kind of less than desired behavior....it's part of local footy...a terrible part no one will argue but it's a part of it.

Who ever this idiot with the mallet was ...I don't think reflects accuratley on the Northern Saints. Having played against them for a long time and knowing a few of the guys from there for a while I think they would be just as shattered as anyone with what this moron has done.

In saying all that mud sticks and the NS's guys have some cleaning up to do whether this guy was from there or not really doesn't matter.....he is now associated with them for ever.

This is not a footy issue...this is an issue for society.

The most level headed response on here in days.

You are a buffoon who hides behind a keyboard and attacks umpires your scum and major issue with our league - our umpires are pretty much the best going around in local leagues so appreciate you piece of filth because the league has worked hard to create umpiring up to the standard of football we get in all grades of footy and its morons like you attacking umpires guts and credibility (as you said they had no control which is an attempt to discredit them as umpires) that is going to push this leauge backwards you are a muppet and i hope you soon move on from our league or learn to keep your moronic mouth shut
You must be an umpire it is true they do need to take more control.I know of a bloke being reported on the weekend for touching an umpire and the umpire not following through after the game with the report.Now that is not right.Maybe the umps need to get paid to go to the tribunal then they might open there eyes a little wider

I think you should get the story correct legend. If #30 for Glenroy was not sniping all day and did not hit #6 from AH in the first place none of this would have happened. #6 was protecting his team mate from being wacked by #30 under the pack. Anyway, none of the AH supports ran onto the field to get involved in the fight like the Glenroy supporters did.
would luv to know were no.30 hit no.6 only about a foot and a half height difference and then no.6 hit two more smaller blokes when there was plenty of other blokes around closer to his height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back