EDFL Moves Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes a good result with many missing, alot of the players getting to understand each others methods, will take a just a little bit longer to gell, very encouraging games from matt swindells and johnny g, beaver hard at it all day. umpires getting a little insecure with the send off rule, as one would know

Off Edflfooty.com
Greenvale Intra Club – Nick Raines really good. No Lucas, Paxman & Budge (who have returned).
Marby Park def Albion @ Albion by 10 goals. Holland, Broadbent, Laverde and Towner best. Both Pekes & both Watts played well for Albion.
Craigieburn def Glenroy by about 6 goals. No Christou, Brooks & few others for Eagles. Glenroy had 5 or 6 good players missing.
Keilor play SUNDAY.
Doutta Stars lost to Sunbury by a goal @ Sunbury. DS had a stack out including Carey, Hollow, Tankard and a few recruits.

Off Edflfooty.com
Greenvale Intra Club – Nick Raines really good. No Lucas, Paxman & Budge (who have returned).
Marby Park def Albion @ Albion by 10 goals. Holland, Broadbent, Laverde and Towner best. Both Pekes & both Watts played well for Albion.
Craigieburn def Glenroy by about 6 goals. No Christou, Brooks & few others for Eagles. Glenroy had 5 or 6 good players missing.
Keilor play SUNDAY.
Doutta Stars lost to Sunbury by a goal @ Sunbury. DS had a stack out including Carey, Hollow, Tankard and a few recruits.

I know it's only practice matches but surely the EDFL is miles in front of the WRFL?

Where are Keilor playing today?

APW had a solid 5 goal win over Upper Ferntree Gully, I believe it's the first time we have knocked them off in 3 or 4 attempts. A good win especially with a few key players missing and our "DUMB" full forward getting sent off half way through the second quarter.
Still need to improve our goal kicking and probably our foot skills all around the ground but we are definately on the right path.

Any other praccy results?? Marby V Albion?

Tulla beat Parkside (WRFL) by 15 goals. :thumbsu:

Blokes, B Grade thread?

watched glenroy vs cburn today at highgate reserve cragieburn ended up winning by about 6 goals but was a pretty competetive game glenroy look much more improved from last season and still had about 8 out craigieburn were a bit rusty early but looked good once they got going and had a few younger blokes in the side who all played very well. as for glenroy hillsdon/ carruthers/ ronaldson were all better players buckets caulfield kicked 3 on his return and sighns looked very promising ex afl listed player aaron kite had a first qauter to remember kicking 4 goals in the first but was very well held after that i think it was a good hit out for both sides glenroy will be very solid at full strength and would think a top 4 spot would be wat there aiming for as for cburn i think they will be mid field in Agrade but have a lot of upside n a lot to build on

God i have my fingers crossed you blokes win the flag this year and go back up to A Grade in 2011.

tulla were useless in for long year parkside were missing 15 blokes
There is no way Parkside were missing 15 players. They had 6 on the bench and 25 reserves players so unless their squad has 65 you are talking shit. If you do have that many send some of the ones that wont get a game to us because we need some 2s players
Tulla had D.Scott, C.Hare, D Hynnenen, S Neilson, D. Sinnot, R. Gentile and recruits D.Rajab & A sayers all rested. 5 of those in their best 10 so plenty of good signs against a team that were undefeated last year in Parkside. Plus no bench after half time

APW had a solid 5 goal win over Upper Ferntree Gully, I believe it's the first time we have knocked them off in 3 or 4 attempts. A good win especially with a few key players missing and our "DUMB" full forward getting sent off half way through the second quarter.
Still need to improve our goal kicking and probably our foot skills all around the ground but we are definately on the right path.

Any other praccy results?? Marby V Albion?

Balraj has made a good impression I see:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No buddy Balraj didn't play but your correct he has made a great impression on his new club.
The dumb ffwd was me!:thumbsdown:
100% agree with Balraj. Has been fantastic for the club so far, as for the dumb ffwd, bit stiff considering the umpire admitted making an error but it goes to show, that they don't seem any better no matter what comp they are from!

Ocean Grove beat Strathmore by 3 goals down at Ocean Grove. It was a close game all day with Ocean Grove kicking away late in the last quarter

Interesting article from a guy who has higher expectations of his ability than others. The article while correct in part it is a version from a player disgruntled and frustrated because 1. Overweight. 2. Not as good as he thinks he is. 3. Could not handle the pace of A Grade footy. 4. Played most of the season in the Reserves.
What happened last year is last years news - I am sure the committee have acted to address the problems of last year and are moving forward. As the queen once said "ANNUS HORIBILUS". I saw some of the game last week against Glenroy are there are plenty of promising signs, not top 4 but mid range, The usual names played well but I was impressed with Lekkas who floated across the backline directing traffic and putting the ball on the forwards chest from half back and a couple of the kids were exceptional.
New coach, new ground, new jumpers lets hope the leopard can change its spots

Interesting article from a guy who has higher expectations of his ability than others. The article while correct in part it is a version from a player disgruntled and frustrated because 1. Overweight. 2. Not as good as he thinks he is. 3. Could not handle the pace of A Grade footy. 4. Played most of the season in the Reserves.
What happened last year is last years news - I am sure the committee have acted to address the problems of last year and are moving forward. As the queen once said "ANNUS HORIBILUS". I saw some of the game last week against Glenroy are there are plenty of promising signs, not top 4 but mid range, The usual names played well but I was impressed with Lekkas who floated across the backline directing traffic and putting the ball on the forwards chest from half back and a couple of the kids were exceptional.
New coach, new ground, new jumpers lets hope the leopard can change its spots
Good to see you can speak latin, as the king once said" off with his head" !

Another of Craigieburn failed recruits from 2009 for whatever reason having a whinge.

Having a whinge alright - hardly did a preseason, got big bucks and a big waistline and played most of the year in the 2's. Don't think the commitee or the players were too worried when he left.:p

Having a whinge alright - hardly did a preseason, got big bucks and a big waistline and played most of the year in the 2's. Don't think the commitee or the players were too worried when he left.:p

hears a rumor on weekend game against Glenroy it got called off because all in brawl is this correct???

can i ask why?

Just curious as to why you have plenty of money to spend this year, but had nothing to spend last year?

Would love to see you back up in A Grade and see if you guys have learnt from your past mistakes.

Judging by your recruits you havent learnt shit.....

Just curious as to why you have plenty of money to spend this year, but had nothing to spend last year?

Would love to see you back up in A Grade and see if you guys have learnt from your past mistakes.

Judging by your recruits you havent learnt shit.....

They were offering players big amounts of money, which none would take the offer. I dont know as to why they have recruited better this year as there are too many explanations. Maybe the new rooms ? Possibly a new coach? and a better coach may i add to that. You know what i love ? If you would the f*k up. Judging by our recruits we haven't learnt shit. PFFT your a joke mate.

Premiers: Greenvale
Wooden Spooners: Burgers
League Medal: Broadbent
Biggest Improver from 09: Aberfeldie
Biggest Slider from 09: Strathmore
Goal Kicker: Garth
Most expensive team: Strathmore
Most under-rated player: M. O'Brien
Most over-rated player:.......
Most loyal player in the league: R. Marcy
Toughest bloke in the league: B. Ryan
Biggest Sook in the league:......