EDFL Moves Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in it , How did your under 18's go in the mist ?

Ah so thats it, Doutta were up at Coolangatta just as well cause the team that got beaten by Riddell on Saturday must have had a few outs...... at least one DS player could be spending some time in Coolangatta after a brush with an umpire in the last qtr.

Cox is back because he was sitting on the bench in Strathmore 2s. A grade too hard for him.if every bloke who didnt like a coach left we wouldnt have any footy clubs anywhere. By the way with all the money Glenroy are spending and all the players Tulla have lost what odds will you give me for round 1 when they play each other. You will look like a real goose if your mate Manning can manufacture a win. I reckon he can. Give me some odds i might have $5 on Tulla at the 8 to 1 you should be offering.

manning ur a cat go throw those big arms up and duck your head! ohh i forgot ur not playing anymore maybe you should play round 1 and take hareys spot cause im sure he will be too scared to walk out onto the field! :eek:

Ah so thats it, Doutta were up at Coolangatta just as well cause the team that got beaten by Riddell on Saturday must have had a few outs...... at least one DS player could be spending some time in Coolangatta after a brush with an umpire in the last qtr.
it was just tongue in cheek my comment re coolangatta, but maybe doutta should have headed up north instead of Riddell.
Anyway, it was truly country footy at its best. There was a heavy fog/mist over the ground @ 0830, the locals coming out after completing their chores and the best thing for the day was the great hospitality shown by the Riddell players and committee. The ground was in fair nick as well. Footy was of a reasonable standard, and Riddell were very good. :D

hey guys, my little cousin is a big Marby fan. does anyone know when Marby hold their autograph sessions? i think he'd love to get an autograph from a couple of the boys.

With so much money floating around in local sport, what are peoples views on finals, Do you believe a club should pay players to play in finals? or does your club, or should they play for nothing with only one aim at the end of the season.
Clubs with player budgets will generally spend them to the cent, but do clubs budget for finals payments or hope that if they make them extra income into the club will cover it.

Hadfield football Club are looking to play one last practice match on April 10 before season start. If there is any club interested in having one last hit out could you please contact me ( Rob ) on 0407511606......
Will are keen to have our 18s, Seniors and reserves play on the day!

With so much money floating around in local sport, what are peoples views on finals, Do you believe a club should pay players to play in finals? or does your club, or should they play for nothing with only one aim at the end of the season.
Clubs with player budgets will generally spend them to the cent, but do clubs budget for finals payments or hope that if they make them extra income into the club will cover it.

most clubs do pay for finals

most clubs do pay for finals

Most clubs DON'T pay for finals. Clubs must adhere to strict player budgets to be efficient administrators. The average cost to field a team in A grade is between $8500-$10000 per game. If a club has to budget to cover possible finals (3 additional games) then they have to hold $30,000 in reserve. That means that the club is less competitive in chasing players prior to season in they have to withhold $30,000 in case they play finals. It is in the interest of players that they are not paid for finals as it ensures that clubs spend all of their allocated budget rather than hold on to possible finals cash that may not be used if the team doesn't make finals.

Perhaps time the league grew some balls?? :thumbsdown:

My understanding is that, it will be 6 teams in Div 3. The draw is meant to come out tomorrow although my understanding is, 4 clubs play each other 3 times, and one club twice.

What a bloody joke if true. For the sake of the comp I hope the league uses some brains and adds two other teams from the other divisions to make it up to 8 teams and a proper home and away season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is that, it will be 6 teams in Div 3. The draw is meant to come out tomorrow although my understanding is, 4 clubs play each other 3 times, and one club twice.

What a bloody joke if true. For the sake of the comp I hope the league uses some brains and adds two other teams from the other divisions to make it up to 8 teams and a proper home and away season.

I saw the junior division 2 fixture on the Avondale site, and it shows Glenroy and Maribyrnong have gone into div 2 and appears no one has come down, meaning there will be a 6 team division 3.

I saw the junior division 2 fixture on the Avondale site, and it shows Glenroy and Maribyrnong have gone into div 2 and appears no one has come down, meaning there will be a 6 team division 3.

Thanks for that, although the league did say they might pop two teams from the other (lower) divisions in the Div 3 comp.

Wish they'd hurry up and put it up on the website.

**** it. Just been confirmed. 6 teams.

Fletch 33
BigFooty Apprentice

Essendon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The EDFL honestly do not care about off the ball incidents, if they did Sharky from Hadfield would be out for life, the dirty pig nearly jumped the fence at a spectator today. Got sent off and the dog of an umpire allowed him to be replaced. Get serious umpires....let the soft 50s go and stop turning your heads so quick n watch the off the ball stuff!!!! Totally pathetic, inept and out of control....again!!!!

You would be happy Fletch , Sharka's going to the Saints

Very happy mate. Good thing the umps weren't doing there job that day. He seems like a decent bloke too. Given us a bit more grunt and quality. Can't wait til he takes on haddy!

I think it is well documented he needed a change of clubs to hopefully calm him down a little. He was constantly in trouble at Haddy. Hopefully the change will do him good and there are plenty of good blokes down there that will keep him on track. Playing with the brother might help as well. Moody is a genuine bloke.

Very happy mate. Good thing the umps weren't doing there job that day. He seems like a decent bloke too. Given us a bit more grunt and quality. Can't wait til he takes on haddy![/

Hypocrisy at its best? Has he read that you called him a dirty pig? Knowing Sharka quite well I don't think he would be too pleased to hear or see that comment!

Firstly...Surely Fletch is not the only hypocrite on this forum and this website...
secondly i love the memories that people have to be able togo back to posts to prove things... I bet you are the same people who can lose the remote or your car keys at home...?!?!

Next it is important to know that Sharka wants a copy of the bump the enraged an entire footy club... to show his grand kids..??

The whisper is that a MR Matthew Pillios is about to take control of the EDFL web TV
the North west FM radio show and the Match of the day broadcast...

ABOUT BLOODY TIME...!!!

Cheers and leave fletch alone... he barracks for the bombers... this years going to be hard enough...

Firstly...Surely Fletch is not the only hypocrite on this forum and this website...
secondly i love the memories that people have to be able togo back to posts to prove things... I bet you are the same people who can lose the remote or your car keys at home...?!?!

Next it is important to know that Sharka wants a copy of the bump the enraged an entire footy club... to show his grand kids..??

by no means did i mean that Fletch is the only hypocrite on the forums, just that you should probably be careful who you call such things as a dirty pig because in this day and age they could be your team mate the very next year! That is the danger of putting comments down without thinking of future repurcussions. On a more positive note I hope Sharka, Ahmed and Moody have a great year down at the Saints (just maybe a quiet day against Haddy ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back