EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WRFLfan said:
Another fan of yourse EDFL woman

Wrfl fan, you must have a real issue with this bloke! Every chance you get you give a cheap one, sad if you ask me.
Junkie GV also stands for Greenvale. :)

My North said:
most people are on the dole especially some of our teammates :eek:

Yeah its great knowing that you go to work every day and work hard for your money, for your so called mates to sit at home and do ******** all, all day......!
Its great to see my hard earned taxes going to good use......:eek:

8888 said:
Yeah i did, i came to the colts. Then went and played with some other mates at another club. Than came back to the colts.
Nice to hear from you again thought you forgot about me. Ive missed you, you angry moody little man.
You must have alot of mates, do they miss you like we do?.
Sunday sip on the 9th are you a chance?

WRFLfan said:
If some club offered you BIG money to go to there club, and leave a club you played at with your mates would you leave?

Wrfl fan, if they are real mates they will respect your decision no matter what or you can look at it another way ''Money comes and goes, but mates are for life''. There are alot of positives to come from going to another club i.e meeting new people, improving the standard of your footy etc.

Allears said:
Wrfl fan, if they are real mates they will respect your decision no matter what or you can look at it another way ''Money comes and goes, but mates are for life''. There are alot of positives to come from going to another club i.e meeting new people, improving the standard of your footy etc.
True and alot of other positives as well, never said that it was bad did i.

Junkie said:
Good work EDFL MAN, you have confirmed that you are an absolute nuffy:rolleyes: If you had a good read instead of crapping on like a tosser you would realise I was saying that Aloi probably hasn't seen a game of GV footy, as in GVFL football you monkey! Funny that:eek:

BTW, the longest trip to play GV from Melb would be about 3hrs (once a year), the shortest an hour with most games being 2hrs out of Melb!

Thanks for that junkie, GV also stands for Greenvale!
You proved my point, thank you.

Believe a number of clubs in Div 1 will struggle big time to field U18's this year. Avondale H. / Keilor Park / Doutta Stars. Does anyone know how the Div 2 clubs are going fielding U18's. Maybe there could be just one Div for U18's. or do they look at possibly a true U19 or U20 comp. !!! to try and keep these kids involved.

Eagle One said:
Has anybody got a list of this weekend's senior practice matches? Would appreciate if you could post where and what time.

Tullamarine Vs Pascoe Vale @ Tullamarine

Reserves @ !2pm

Seniors @ 2pm

Go Pacco!!

jets06 said:
Believe a number of clubs in Div 1 will struggle big time to field U18's this year. Avondale H. / Keilor Park / Doutta Stars. Does anyone know how the Div 2 clubs are going fielding U18's. Maybe there could be just one Div for U18's. or do they look at possibly a true U19 or U20 comp. !!! to try and keep these kids involved.
They say the issue is u18s not going onto to open age, however what about the drop off from u16s to u18s?

Why is it that some clubs can field two and three u16s and have trouble fielding one u18s???

hammer said:
They say the issue is u18s not going onto to open age, however what about the drop off from u16s to u18s?

Why is it that some clubs can field two and three u16s and have trouble fielding one u18s???

Thats easy Hammer. When your 16, 17 your still at school, seeing your mates everyday, your still living under your parents thumb... blah blah blah.

Then you hit 18. Start driving, chasing pussy, maybe uni, going out clubbing, might have a missus, take up other sports, go away on weekends... Its a lifestyle change, and unless these kids are setting the world on fire at junior level, and are going to earn some coin by playing senior footy, then of course they are gunna turn away from the game. Sad but true my friend.

The scary part about this is, 10years ago the same kids would at least see out the U/19 stage of their career before making that choice. Now they are choosing to branch away from it 2 or 3 years earlier. Does this make sense?

EDFL MAN said:
Thanks for that junkie, GV also stands for Greenvale!
You proved my point, thank you.

Not in my argument it doesn't, my post would resemble something written by you if I meant Greenvale......absolute dribble which makes no sense:rolleyes:

The only thing being proved here is that you should go back to school and complete grade 5:eek:

I have heard that Strathmore are forking out a bit of coin to win another premiership, somewhere around the 300k mark for the year, is this true. If it is leagues would have to start looking at some sort of salary cap.
That is the most money I have ever heard being put into a club ( non AFL of course).
Are teams like this cheating or should we say good luck to them.I know the playing fields are never going to be even with some clubs richer than others, but come on this ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moxy said:
I have heard that Strathmore are forking out a bit of coin to win another premiership, somewhere around the 300k mark for the year, is this true. If it is leagues would have to start looking at some sort of salary cap.
That is the most money I have ever heard being put into a club ( non AFL of course).
Are teams like this cheating or should we say good luck to them.I know the playing fields are never going to be even with some clubs richer than others, but come on this ridiculous.

At the end of the day, thats alot of coin for a cup. Imagine how much these clubs would save by blooding their juniors to play senior footy. Sure you may go through some lean years with success, but at least your doors will be open in 10 years time. And you also have a work ethic built into the club that no money can replace. Work for something you want to acheive, there is no better feeling is there Mox???? Hard work and earning it.

2001 highlights that for us.

Moxy said:

Ridiculous, your figure of $300,000 is ridiculous, some clubs wouldn't even turnover that sort of money in two years let alone one.

sloth6 said:
Ridiculous, your figure of $300,000 is ridiculous, some clubs wouldn't even turnover that sort of money in two years let alone one.

I know of one local club that done $300K in a year easily over a 4 or 5 year period in the late 90's early 2000s :thumbsu:

Amazing what pokies can do for a footy club.

but they brought the right players who delivered the goods and won 5 out of 6 flags with injury and suspensions costing them bad they had the team to win it but lost 4 very crucial players at the wrong times

sloth6 said:

For once I have to agree with him. No where near that. 2/3 rds of that is more accurate (which is still massive)

touch of class said:
but they brought the right players who delivered the goods and won 5 out of 6 flags with injury and suspensions costing them bad they had the team to win it but lost 4 very crucial players at the wrong times
One of the best park footy sides ever wouldnt they be?
Go the Parkers

jets06 said:

I'm pretty sure Tulla wont be fielding an u18/s side this year

sloth6 said:

I have heard they have the backing of a wealthy businessman who is giving it all to the club, he wants to win 3 in a row and then call it quits.
Last year it was 200k and this year he has upped the ante.

Giveyathemail said:
At the end of the day, thats alot of coin for a cup. Imagine how much these clubs would save by blooding their juniors to play senior footy. Sure you may go through some lean years with success, but at least your doors will be open in 10 years time. And you also have a work ethic built into the club that no money can replace. Work for something you want to acheive, there is no better feeling is there Mox???? Hard work and earning it.

I think were missing a step here somewhere. Although its great to blood U18 players and give them a taste of senior footy you must remember that the best junior players that you produce don't play at your club. They play at Cannons VFL etc. The chances of an U18 player coming out of your juniors and being your A Grade ruckman for example are very slim because the chances are he wouldn't have been good enough to go to the next level anyway. He may turn into your No. 1 after a few years of senior footy and a bit of maturing but most kids now think they have some god given right to play senior footy without learning their trade in the 2's. Many of the the good players in the comp have been to that higher level and returned.

Moxy said:
I have heard they have the backing of a wealthy businessman who is giving it all to the club, he wants to win 3 in a row and then call it quits.
Last year it was 200k and this year he has upped the ante.

Its really 500K plus free bathroom taps.

Giveyathemail said:

if 2001 was a highlight what happened in 2002? would you call that a lowlight? One of the highlights would have been last year. I would rather finish middle of divvy 1 than win a divvy 2 flag....wouldnt you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back