EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie_dude said:
I reakon that the return of garbutt to greenvale may have sealed the deal. Most people know the strong bond they now have after many years of boutique, 161, revolver and motel long weekends.

Money wouldnt have been as much of an issue, as heidelburg would have out bidded greenvale quite easily.

Surely you jest. Huge money for Bicer to return.

aberdaberdo said:
Surely you jest. Huge money for Bicer to return.

Mate stick to talking about the Strathmore under 18's which is about all you know about. Bicer left coz he got a massive offer. He was under a lot of constant pressure from his mates to come back and in the end the money wasn't worth it. Good on him

Jett said:
Mate stick to talking about the Strathmore under 18's which is about all you know about. Bicer left coz he got a massive offer. He was under a lot of constant pressure from his mates to come back and in the end the money wasn't worth it. Good on him

Aberdaberdo you have no idea, Bicer was on big money in the dvfl, to say he come to back to greenvale for more money is just rubbish!
As a result of living with a bloke that went back to greenvale this year and who in turn is his best mate l might add, had something to do with it also, they will be top 3 this year with the inclusion of Bicer.

EDFL MAN said:
Aberdaberdo you have no idea, Bicer was on big money in the dvfl, to say he come to back to greenvale for more money is just rubbish!
As a result of living with a bloke that went back to greenvale this year and who in turn is his best mate l might add, had something to do with it also, they will be top 3 this year with the inclusion of Bicer.

I had a lenghthy chat with a mate of mine this morning who told me that Greenvale paid Heidelberg back the sign on fee which Bicer spent earlier in the summer. Heidelberg were glad Dennis did the right thing and explained his reasons to the president and to the players, of which they granted his wish to return to the jets.

Very commendable on Dennis' part. If any club were to get dogged by a gun player, id wish it to be Heidelberg. But in this instance, I take my hat off to the kid and wish him all the best.:thumbsu:

Aussie_dude said:
tige,

you just can resist slipping in to every post that you the edfl isnt as good as the gvfl. You really need to get a life. And by the way you said no vfl club would EVER touch bloomfield. He was offered 5 vfl contracts and trained for the essendon rookie list. Playing for port and has played in the firsts during the practice matches.

For the record i think abers will finish 6th.

tige, maybe you could also educate some of these people on the toughness of dennis bicer. When he was at coburg he was one of the strongest players in raw numbers, and almost cetainly the strongest pound for pound. He is very hard at it. The dvfl would be no problem for him. Personally i reakon him and rarbee are the two toughest at it in the comp.

''When he was at coburg he was one of the strongest players in raw numbers, and almost cetainly the strongest pound for pound.
He is very hard at it''.

Aussie dude you hit the nail on the head there....D.Bicer is a gun, tige19 time to get over the GVFL we all/the world know its a strong comp and one of the best going around, we are not questioning that at all!
Not everyone likes driving 3 to 4 hours a week to play football/training for an extra $100 to $200 per game, most people have decent jobs that earn good money.

8888 said:
The Colts brought flags in 98 and 99 with the likes of Tuddenham, Larkin, Pearce, Thompson, Smith, Peirce and Glen Williams aka Big Glenny. That's just to name a few... there's some coin there and it's definately not loose change. Not to mention the star full forward they had.
well your half right 8888 but i wouldn't say brought,they had a budget that was able to match the other top clubs in that league in 1998 but after 11 players were turned over in 1999 the budget was alot less and as for the ff i presume u mean me i never have recieved more than $100 a game.
You should know first hand that we never brought the flag last year though which is what i said and this year with our 3 guns moning on to greener pastures our budget is even smaller and we should still be top 3

Jett said:

Obviously very touchy about what the great man will get. Not saying he will get more than Berg offered him just that he will get as much as anyone in the EDFL. He should as he is one of the top players.

Junkie said:
I'd say N.Aloi wouldn't have a clue or you're just talking rubbish! Bicer goes well, good fella too. Mooroopna will be a very good side and boast about 10-12 players who have all played VFL or the equivalent. I doubt that Aloi has seen a GV game for premiership points???

''I'd say N.Aloi wouldn't have a clue or you're just talking rubbish!''

Good work Junkie, ''I'd say'' your words remember.....are you going off what you think or know? Because what you think and know are two different things Junkie!
N.Aloi was watching his brother on the weekend, as for him never watching G'Vale play for premiership points, he only played against G'Vale twice last year for premiership points....funny that! :eek:

for over 3000 posts everyone has been talking up certain sides and been so quick to dismiss others. where i realise where not in the AFL and i believe local comps such as our EDFL is more predictable it will be good to see in less than a week when the footy starts, we can stop with all this bulls$!t talk and let actions speak louder than words.
But seeing the season hasn't started yet ill put in my 2 bob in to lol i saw the west v keilor game and thought at half time west could of easily been infront by 3 goals it was a very even 1st half. second half keilor pounced on west mistakes plus i think west no longer cared about winning but yelling amongst each other and at the umpire which was pretty dissapointing. that been said they will be very strong this year and look to have a few good players dont know his name but #7 can kick the ball and lay a good bump where as flavel, houcher and co were underdone in the match but you wont see that to much tghis yr.
cheers

OrangeCutter said:
for over 3000 posts everyone has been talking up certain sides and been so quick to dismiss others. where i realise where not in the AFL and i believe local comps such as our EDFL is more predictable it will be good to see in less than a week when the footy starts, we can stop with all this bulls$!t talk and let actions speak louder than words.
But seeing the season hasn't started yet ill put in my 2 bob in to lol i saw the west v keilor game and thought at half time west could of easily been infront by 3 goals it was a very even 1st half. second half keilor pounced on west mistakes plus i think west no longer cared about winning but yelling amongst each other and at the umpire which was pretty dissapointing. that been said they will be very strong this year and look to have a few good players dont know his name but #7 can kick the ball and lay a good bump where as flavel, houcher and co were underdone in the match but you wont see that to much tghis yr.
cheers

Any Tips for the Night Series G.F

Oak Park v Keilor (rematch)

EDFL MAN said:

Good work Junkie, ''I'd say'' your words remember.....are you going off what you think or know? Because what you think and know are two different things Junkie!
N.Aloi was watching his brother on the weekend, as for him never watching G'Vale play for premiership points, he only played against G'Vale twice last year for premiership points....funny that! :eek:

Good work EDFL MAN, you have confirmed that you are an absolute nuffy:rolleyes: If you had a good read instead of crapping on like a tosser you would realise I was saying that Aloi probably hasn't seen a game of GV footy, as in GVFL football you monkey! Funny that:eek:

BTW, the longest trip to play GV from Melb would be about 3hrs (once a year), the shortest an hour with most games being 2hrs out of Melb!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL MAN said:

Good work EDFL MAN, you have confirmed that you are an absolute nuffy:rolleyes: If you had a good read instead of crapping on like a tosser you would realise I was saying that Aloi probably hasn't seen a game of GV footy, as in GVFL football you monkey! Funny that:eek:

BTW, the longest trip to play GV from Melb would be about 3hrs (once a year), the shortest an hour with most games being 2hrs out of Melb!

EDFL MAN said:
Not everyone likes driving 3 to 4 hours a week to play football/training for an extra $100 to $200 per game, most people have decent jobs that earn good money.

most people are on the dole especially some of our teammates :eek:

8888 said:
The Colts brought flags in 98 and 99 with the likes of Tuddenham, Larkin, Pearce, Thompson, Smith, Peirce and Glen Williams aka Big Glenny. That's just to name a few... there's some coin there and it's definately not loose change. Not to mention the star full forward they had.
If some club offered you BIG money to go to there club, and leave a club you played at with your mates would you leave?

Junkie said:

Another fan of yourse EDFL woman

WRFLfan said:
If some club offered you BIG money to go to there club, and leave a club you played at with your mates would you leave?

mate have had a handful of offers.. but ill choose mates over money anyday. Say the money runs out one day and you left your true mates, then you have nothing.

never got paid playing juniors and never expected to get paid for seniors.. especially at local football. some people like to have extra cash and have the extra little luxuries in life.. i choose not too.. coz all i need is my mates.

cheers boys... cant wait until round one! all the best fella's!

aberdaberdo said:
Your making this up. Why would officialdom claim to be spending 75K? Its not 2001. You must get your info from the U10A team manager.
Making it up? You wish! I have given you facts, believe what you like. Suggest you get down the club and listen, you may learn.

Enough of this.

WRFLfan said:
Yeah i did, i came to the colts. Then went and played with some other mates at another club. Than came back to the colts.

OrangeCutter said:
cheers

Orange cutter - you sure their your words or did you get them second hand, sitting their on the boundary....!!

Dusters said:
What you heard back in 97 and in 2000 was nearly proved to be correct. they won the flag in 98 and were terrible in 99, had another crack in 2000 and were useless in 2001 and then missed out on getting relagated in 2002 by 10 points when they beat Keilor at home in the last round.
In recent history, two teams have tried to do a Strathmore, Airport West under Cameron Wright and Avondale heights under Simon Lloyd. Both failed and both were relegated as they did not have the juniors to get them through the rocky times. They say we should learn from our mistakes????
It looks like Airport West have by spending time developing their juniors. But whats with Avondale Heights, spending big AGAIN on their seniors AND not being able to field under 18s.Or to quote an Avondale official " if we do field an under 18s they will be flogged by 20+ goals each week "!

Has anybody got a list of this weekend's senior practice matches? Would appreciate if you could post where and what time.

Eagle One said:
Has anybody got a list of this weekend's senior practice matches? Would appreciate if you could post where and what time.

One i know of

St.Albans V Avondale Heights @ Kings Park

Seniors kick off @ 2

OrangeCutter said:
cheers

#7 R.Cudmore(going off jumper numbers from last year) - God he hits hard, use the ball well with great skills :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back