EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tige19 said:
I watched a full strength Abers take on a depleted Sunbury the other week and they got rolled by about 6 goals probably should have been more. Also on the weekend they played Kyabram who are tipped to be a bottom 3 side in the GV and they got beat by 7 goals but Kyabram i think had 20 more scorng shots. I know that Minton Connell likes to play his full strength side for practise matches and especially with Abers having a complete new look side they would want to gel together as quickly as possible.

Im not having a go at the EDFL or Abers but just want to get an opinion from those who know about how Abers will go? and also anyone who went or saw the Ky vs Abers game could they tell me how Ky looked? most people agree and its widely known that the GV is the best standard of local footy going around but i doubt a bottom 3 side in the GV is a 20 more scoring shot better team than a EDFL bottom 3 side. Are Abers going to be that bad?? i dont think they have won a pre season match and when i watched they looked a little lost.

cheers lads

I have to correct you there tige19, Abers had 8 players out against Ky and had 6 out against Sunbury, that has come from the horse's mouth mind you! Please get your facts straight first, instead of making stupid comments.
In regards to G'Vale, N.Aloi watched his brother on the weekend play for G'Vale and said l quote " Mooroopna wouldnt get close to the jets''.
Greenvale have also picked up Ramazan Pekes from O.Park and D.Bicer is back for the jets.

EDFL MAN said:
I have to correct you there tige19, Abers had 8 players out against Ky and had 6 out against Sunbury, that has come from the horse's mouth mind you! Please get your facts straight first, instead of making stupid comments.
In regards to G'Vale, N.Aloi watched his brother on the weekend play for G'Vale and said l quote " Mooroopna wouldnt get close to the jets''.
Greenvale have also picked up Ramazan Pekes from O.Park and D.Bicer is back for the jets.

Dude when did Bicer go back to Greenvale? We played Heidelberg on friday night and he played and we said he might struggle a bit on the smaller grounds in the Diamond Valley, and seemed like he didnt like close attention to much. I saw him play in last years grand final, and he seemed a different player, liked space and was given far too much room by his opponent at times. Is money the big factor at Greenvale?

EDFL MAN said:
How is Lalor looking for season 2006? By the sounds of things, Lalor should smack EK off the park.

Yeah not to bad mate, our fitness could be up a bit but we arent far off the mark. A few blokes that missed last week will be playing this week, but we are still giving the young blokes a run while we can, against proven senior players.

We were lucky to get a decent hitout in good conditions last week.

Giveyathemail said:
Dude when did Bicer go back to Greenvale? We played Heidelberg on friday night and he played and we said he might struggle a bit on the smaller grounds in the Diamond Valley, and seemed like he didnt like close attention to much. I saw him play in last years grand final, and he seemed a different player, liked space and was given far too much room by his opponent at times. Is money the big factor at Greenvale?

Giveyathemail, Bicer has def gone back. He told Trev Barret Tues arvo and went and told H'Berg players at training. His heart was at the Jets and after finishing runners-up in comp and after that G.Final it is understandable that his heart is at Greenvale.

Giveyathemail said:
Yeah not to bad mate, our fitness could be up a bit but we arent far off the mark. A few blokes that missed last week will be playing this week, but we are still giving the young blokes a run while we can, against proven senior players.

We were lucky to get a decent hitout in good conditions last week.

Yeah, it sounds like you have had a few good pick ups this year and look strong. Will Lalor play finals do you think? What are your new import players like? Sammy Saad?

EDFL MAN said:
Giveyathemail, Bicer has def gone back. He told Trev Barret Tues arvo and went and told H'Berg players at training. His heart was at the Jets and after finishing runners-up in comp and after that G.Final it is understandable that his heart is at Greenvale.

Yeah a mate of mine overheard him talking to an offical of the jets at Epping on the weekend saying he wanted to go back... it is very understandable.

Giveyathemail said:
Yeah a mate of mine overheard him talking to an offical of the jets at Epping on the weekend saying he wanted to go back... it is very understandable.

Have to agree with you there giveyathemail, his a quality player who can turn it on when it counts, dont get me wrong he would have done well in the dvfl, but it just would have taken time for him to adapt to type of play in the dvfl, J.Murphy will be huge pick up for that comp, will be interesting to see what happens with his transfer tho??????? :confused:

EDFL MAN-

Take it easy big fella i was just asking how you think Abers where gonna go and why there pre season form wasnt to flash. I was actually sitting near the bench when they played Sunbury and the boys where saying they had a full strength team besides Hudson and i think 1 other i cant remember, nothing against Abers its a good club and good blokes.

My football is irrelevant however your comment must have ensured you played AFL footy true?

On Bicer, the guy is a gun and would be an elite player in any league he choose to play in. Got the mail from a good source that he is 100% at the Jets and with Garbutt back you would have them not far from Strathmoore. The jets have also Dean Smith,Andrew Briggs,Sam Laggozino,Ken Darby and Trav Robertson from Coburg. Even though they only played 2s they are all very very good footballers and i wish those lads all the best.

tige19 said:
EDFL MAN-

Take it easy big fella i was just asking how you think Abers where gonna go and why there pre season form wasnt to flash. I was actually sitting near the bench when they played Sunbury and the boys where saying they had a full strength team besides Hudson and i think 1 other i cant remember, nothing against Abers its a good club and good blokes.

My football is irrelevant however your comment must have ensured you played AFL footy true?

On Bicer, the guy is a gun and would be an elite player in any league he choose to play in. Got the mail from a good source that he is 100% at the Jets and with Garbutt back you would have them not far from Strathmoore. The jets have also Dean Smith,Andrew Briggs,Sam Laggozino,Ken Darby and Trav Robertson from Coburg. Even though they only played 2s they are all very very good footballers and i wish those lads all the best.

I guess they are they all ex teammates of yours at Coburg? What the better standard EDFL A Grade or VFL Reserves???

My North said:
I guess they are they all ex teammates of yours at Coburg? What the better standard EDFL A Grade or VFL Reserves???

The leading VFL reserves sides (Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Williamstown, Werribee) would beat the leading edfl, bfl and wrfl sides. The VFL side i played for played St Josephs (Geelong Premiers that year) in a practice match a couple of years ago and we beat them by 10 goals.

VFL sides are very fit, very professional, disciplined and better coached, just by the way of their league structure. Although generally a younger league it is the guys that want to play footy, with all the so called guns dropping back to local footy.

Put heaps of money on it to.

EDFL MAN said:

Bicer trained at Greenvale last night.

Vineyard said:
The leading VFL reserves sides (Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Williamstown, Werribee) would beat the leading edfl, bfl and wrfl sides. The VFL side i played for played St Josephs (Geelong Premiers that year) in a practice match a couple of years ago and we beat them by 10 goals.

VFL sides are very fit, very professional, disciplined and better coached, just by the way of their league structure. Although generally a younger league it is the guys that want to play footy, with all the so called guns dropping back to local footy.

Put heaps of money on it to.
yes good call.:thumbsu: I think just about any vfl reserves team would beat any local comp with the amount of training they do there fitness levels would be miles ahead of any local comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL MAN said:
Yeah, it sounds like you have had a few good pick ups this year and look strong. Will Lalor play finals do you think? What are your new import players like? Sammy Saad?

Yeah our recruiting has been sensational this year. Havent seen much of Sammy, but from all accounts is very handy. I do think we will play finals, I know we CAN, its just about putting our best foot forward when its crunch time.:thumbsu:

Who is your local side?

EDFL MAN said:
Have to agree with you there giveyathemail, his a quality player who can turn it on when it counts, dont get me wrong he would have done well in the dvfl, but it just would have taken time for him to adapt to type of play in the dvfl, J.Murphy will be huge pick up for that comp, will be interesting to see what happens with his transfer tho??????? :confused:

Bicer is a quality player, no doubt about that. And your right, he has more incentive to stick around with his mates and go one better than last year. Murphy looked good on Friday, just floated across half back, which is what I would expect him to do all year for them. He will free up 1 or 2 players with his run as well. Gunna be hard to match up on.:thumbsu:

tige19 said:
I watched a full strength Abers take on a depleted Sunbury the other week and they got rolled by about 6 goals probably should have been more. Also on the weekend they played Kyabram who are tipped to be a bottom 3 side in the GV and they got beat by 7 goals but Kyabram i think had 20 more scorng shots. I know that Minton Connell likes to play his full strength side for practise matches and especially with Abers having a complete new look side they would want to gel together as quickly as possible.

Im not having a go at the EDFL or Abers but just want to get an opinion from those who know about how Abers will go? and also anyone who went or saw the Ky vs Abers game could they tell me how Ky looked? most people agree and its widely known that the GV is the best standard of local footy going around but i doubt a bottom 3 side in the GV is a 20 more scoring shot better team than a EDFL bottom 3 side. Are Abers going to be that bad?? i dont think they have won a pre season match and when i watched they looked a little lost.

cheers lads

tige,

you just can resist slipping in to every post that you the edfl isnt as good as the gvfl. You really need to get a life. And by the way you said no vfl club would EVER touch bloomfield. He was offered 5 vfl contracts and trained for the essendon rookie list. Playing for port and has played in the firsts during the practice matches.

For the record i think abers will finish 6th.

tige, maybe you could also educate some of these people on the toughness of dennis bicer. When he was at coburg he was one of the strongest players in raw numbers, and almost cetainly the strongest pound for pound. He is very hard at it. The dvfl would be no problem for him. Personally i reakon him and rarbee are the two toughest at it in the comp.

Giveyathemail said:

I reakon that the return of garbutt to greenvale may have sealed the deal. Most people know the strong bond they now have after many years of boutique, 161, revolver and motel long weekends.

Money wouldnt have been as much of an issue, as heidelburg would have out bidded greenvale quite easily.

i agree that dennis is a physical and very strong player but rabee is a very hard and tough player that plays through extreme pain 1 of the toughest i have seen play and for his size extremly powerful all over his body

EDFL MAN said:

I'd say N.Aloi wouldn't have a clue or you're just talking rubbish! Bicer goes well, good fella too. Mooroopna will be a very good side and boast about 10-12 players who have all played VFL or the equivalent. I doubt that Aloi has seen a GV game for premiership points???

ROCK07 said:
i have to disagree with u there kingfooty and thats from experience and although with another league port colts [wrfl] won last years gf and runners up the previous season ,with more than likely the smallest budget around 45k, with other teams such as hoppers and st albans spending over 100k, so if you can keep the good juniors coming through and get quality players [people] in to your club that want to be at the club not just take the money there is other ways at winning PREMIERSHIPS without buying them . Loyalty

The Colts brought flags in 98 and 99 with the likes of Tuddenham, Larkin, Pearce, Thompson, Smith, Peirce and Glen Williams aka Big Glenny. That's just to name a few... there's some coin there and it's definately not loose change. Not to mention the star full forward they had.

aberdaberdo said:
Talk about assuming facts. You would have no idea how many eggs are in any baskets. Drop off the hype and rumour and believe that the people who run Strathmore are football people who have the best long term interests of the club at heart. All clubs have good and bad seasons with players coming and going and you have to be prepared for that. But to suggest a club the size of Strathmore is dependant on one individual is dumb.
Mate, it is not an assumption, nor is it dumb. Heard three statements direct from Scar's mouth, one of them backs up another post on the EDFL forum.
One. ---- If Strathmore had lost the GF last year, Scar, would have quit.
Two, ---- Wants three in a row, will get out when it happens.
Three, ---- Will spend whatever it takes to win the three.

If you are a Strathmore supporter and want to believe that they, Strathmore, are only paying circa $70-$75K as some of the officialdom are suggesting, great. If you also want to believe that the recruits they have signed, are playing for the love of the jumper, fine.
Poses the question, if Strathmore do not win the flag this year, will Scar pull the pin?
The only way we will have resolution to this topic is if/when Scar leaves. We will then see just how many players are prepared to stay, and how much money Strathmore left in their player budget. May take another two years, but only then will the debate be settled.

Deefer4 said:
Mate, it is not an assumption, nor is it dumb. Heard three statements direct from Scar's mouth, one of them backs up another post on the EDFL forum.
One. ---- If Strathmore had lost the GF last year, Scar, would have quit.
Two, ---- Wants three in a row, will get out when it happens.
Three, ---- Will spend whatever it takes to win the three.

If you are a Strathmore supporter and want to believe that they, Strathmore, are only paying circa $70-$75K as some of the officialdom are suggesting, great. If you also want to believe that the recruits they have signed, are playing for the love of the jumper, fine.
Poses the question, if Strathmore do not win the flag this year, will Scar pull the pin?
The only way we will have resolution to this topic is if/when Scar leaves. We will then see just how many players are prepared to stay, and how much money Strathmore left in their player budget. May take another two years, but only then will the debate be settled.

Your making this up. Why would officialdom claim to be spending 75K? Its not 2001. You must get your info from the U10A team manager.

aberdaberdo said:
Your making this up. Why would officialdom claim to be spending 75K? Its not 2001. You must get your info from the U10A team manager.

gday boys, just wondering if anyone knows if Doutta are playing this weekend i wouldnt mind watching them to see what they are like? :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back