EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aberdaberdo said:
Not true again. M.Carroll (return to country), B.Sayer (retired), S.McKeon(NSW), J.Stevenson(Yarrawonga), C.Runnalls(Yarrawonga), J.Bell(Marby), A.Maggoire(Overseas) all not playing this year for one reason or another. So the Mores come out a couple in front on last years list. You can't rest on your past. The aim should be to improve your list each year.
What happened to the 14 walk up starts? Gone back to "8 to 12" think you were getting a little excited there.

I'm sorry to say Aberdaberdo but you are a goose.....Strathmore have picked up over 8 players during the off season son, infact l'll name them for you champ: :eek:

1- P.Barnard
2- L.Williams
3- M.Quinn
4- T.Harvey
5- J.Tate
6- B.Goggins
7- L.Walker
8- J.Linsay
9- J.O'neill
10 J.Hoath

There you go champ, C.Beazley has walked away.... this may just be the start of things to come down at lebo reserve in my opinion!

EDFL MAN said:
I'm sorry to say Aberdaberdo but you are a goose.....Strathmore have picked up over 8 players during the off season son, infact l'll name them for you champ: :eek:

1- P.Barnard
2- L.Williams
3- M.Quinn
4- T.Harvey
5- J.Tate
6- B.Goggins
7- L.Walker
8- J.Linsay
9- J.O'neill
10 J.Hoath

There you go champ, C.Beazley has walked away.... this may just be the start of things to come down at lebo reserve in my opinion!

10's not 14. Just topping up the list after last year departures. Actually forgot T.Dedman who has returned to the country. As for C.Beasley saw the writing on the wall and realised a 2's B&F wasn't that good on the resume.

EDFL MAN said:

1- P.Barnard
2- L.Williams
3- M.Quinn
4- T.Harvey
5- J.Tate
6- B.Goggins
7- L.Walker
8- J.Linsay
9- J.O'neill
10 J.Hoath

And Beasley makes 11 and he went there with three MATES sounds like a great club can i buy a supporters membership?

WRFLfan said:
And Beasley makes 11 and he went there with three MATES sounds like a great club can i buy a supporters membership?

l'll second that WRFL fan, can l get a membership to aberdaberdo! :eek:

I would love my money going to the strathmore football club, infact we can all start saving the club now for 2008! :eek:

WRFLfan said:
11 in 8 out = 3. An absolutely huge increase in the playing list. Who were beasleys 3 mates?
Re your membership inquiry l'll put you on the waiting list.

Hey there guys - passing on info from Matty Pilios - Footy show tonight - 6.30pm - 7.30pm - on the panel "Scorcher" Triplett and Ron Rooney - all the action filmed at the Oak Park Footy Club.

:thumbsu:

litening said:
Hey there guys - passing on info from Matty Pilios - Footy show tonight - 6.30pm - 7.30pm - on the panel "Scorcher" Triplett and Ron Rooney - all the action filmed at the Oak Park Footy Club.

:thumbsu:

will be watching the Mundine, Green fight. :thumbsu:

My North said:
will be watching the Mundine, Green fight. :thumbsu:

Let us know who wins so I can have a bet when it actually comes on LIVE at 9.30. The Kassis brothers at East Keilor are Freddie,s nephews.

Eagle One said:
Let us know who wins so I can have a bet when it actually comes on LIVE at 9.30. The Kassis brothers at East Keilor are Freddie,s nephews.

more like 10.00 with the fights on before hand.. Tip is a DRAW, to make more money, :p

Eagle One said:

more like 10.00 with the fights on before hand.. Tip is a DRAW, to make more money in the rematch. :p

See ya Saturday Old Man, Marby all the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WRFLfan said:

as a local footy fan, i know as well as all the players running around that every club needs to turn over 6-10 players every year even when the win the flag. its good to keep the home grown boys but when you are at the top all the other clubs are recruiting to knock you off.
keilor prime example, great team, names that have been great for a long time. which is my point exactly. 2001, was their last flag. they would want to win soon or their rep as a breeding ground for good players starts to fade. so they need recruits to keep up.

Macca29 said:
Agree with Keilor will always have the respect and admiration of most in the league due to their system. I think Aberfeldie have a similar system in place though with looking after their kids - i don't think they've spent a heap this year. Sheppard & Minton-Connell perhaps exceptions but who are the other big names on big bucks? I think Avondale are the ones that are heading down the same creek as Strathmore if not worse - no U18's team is unacceptable, what home grown players do they have in their senior's? They are heading back to their glory days of the late 90's. Couldn't win a flag after spending heaps and they all left - result B Grade. Although i think they are an A Grade club - good people, good ground - they just need some kids. If Crazyburn can recruit next year they will be a force in 2-3 yrs. KP are the side that must go down - worst ground in the comp.

macca29 -can tell you avondale would be spending no more than abers,half of smore. I couldnt think of a player there that would be on big money. I went to last yr agm there & They do not have the money to throw around,this is a club that did learn from its mistakes and you are right, got good people around who wouldnt let it happen again, they now budget to bank $$ every yr.
The anchor around the clubs neck is it is a small club now.A big reason for this is its not a great zone to draw kids from this reflects in the junior teams numbers there. The senior side does contain lots of ex juniors, only they are the older guys. The fact they dont spend big is a big part of why they play with the spirit they do.

chiefwiggam said:
macca29 -can tell you avondale would be spending no more than abers,half of smore. I couldnt think of a player there that would be on big money. I went to last yr agm there & They do not have the money to throw around,this is a club that did learn from its mistakes and you are right, got good people around who wouldnt let it happen again, they now budget to bank $$ every yr.
The anchor around the clubs neck is it is a small club now.A big reason for this is its not a great zone to draw kids from this reflects in the junior teams numbers there. The senior side does contain lots of ex juniors, only they are the older guys. The fact they dont spend big is a big part of why they play with the spirit they do.

Wiggam - you make some good points and if true good luck to them because you're right, they do play with a lot of spirit. I still think they'd been paying plenty for some of their recruits - surely. As i said Avondale are an A Grade club and the comp needs them - i don't know what they can do about their juniors. The Avondale Heights, Maribyrnong, East Keilor areas are all fast developing areas with not many other clubs around them. I understand that theses areas don't attract young families as apposed to a Roxburgh Park or Sydenham.

aberdaberdo said:
10's not 14. Just topping up the list after last year departures. Actually forgot T.Dedman who has returned to the country. As for C.Beasley saw the writing on the wall and realised a 2's B&F wasn't that good on the resume.

Oh Aberdaberdaberdaberdaberdoman! All this backwards and forwards - someone makes a comment about Strathmore, you're back with a post in no time. Defensive? This is how it is outside of Strathmore. They have lost the respect or the general EDFL football public, that's the talk around the traps. Where once, maybe second to Keilor they were respected, now they are hated even more than they were before. Worse still, they are seen as a joke. Go ahead and buy yourself a premiership or two, even three but don't pretend you're winning them with what really counts. Longtime Strathmore people will say privately that there's really no pride amongst the die hard supporters around the place, said they had more under M Allison a few years ago - cause unlike some at the top, a lot of people know the s**t from the clay. We'll all watch you ride the wave for the next year or two until the money man bails out (or runs out) and then we'll all watch with interest where the wave dumps you.

Post me in 5 years.

Ubiquitous said:
Oh Aberdaberdaberdaberdaberdoman! All this backwards and forwards - someone makes a comment about Strathmore, you're back with a post in no time. Defensive? This is how it is outside of Strathmore. They have lost the respect or the general EDFL football public, that's the talk around the traps. Where once, maybe second to Keilor they were respected, now they are hated even more than they were before. Worse still, they are seen as a joke. Go ahead and buy yourself a premiership or two, even three but don't pretend you're winning them with what really counts. Longtime Strathmore people will say privately that there's really no pride amongst the die hard supporters around the place, said they had more under M Allison a few years ago - cause unlike some at the top, a lot of people know the s**t from the clay. We'll all watch you ride the wave for the next year or two until the money man bails out (or runs out) and then we'll all watch with interest where the wave dumps you.

Post me in 5 years.

I'II probably be dead in 5 years so I'II post you now. Not being defensive Ubiq just correcting some factual inaccuracies that arise from time to time and deal with membership requests. True, you can't win it every year and no doubt The Mores will have seasons in the future were they struggle(as all clubs do) thats footy. You have to be prepared for that to happen and in someways it can revitalise a club and galvanise its support.
As for loss of respect, I doubt it. As for people hating Strathmore, always have and always will I would say , so no change there.
If by "long term Strathmore people" you mean those who do nothing but show on match days, drink beer and tell all those doing all the work what their doing wrong, I think the club will survive their scorn.
And just an interesting aside. You say the spirit was good under M.Allison, which it was, (although his side wasn't quite good enough 2x 5th position on the ladder) but he had the record for the most new recruits to the club in his first year. No ,one carried on then about the death of the club then, nor should they now.

Macca29 said:
Lobster you are a FLOG.

You probably have never played a game in your life ya scab.

S H I T MAN
Played many games in my life mate and made some very good coin out of it. If clubs want to offer the money and pay, then why not take it. You are only around for a short time.

aberdaberdo said:
I'II probably be dead in 5 years so I'II post you now. Not being defensive Ubiq.

Not respectful of the old-timers to discount their opinions just because they don't do the work now by your standards. They've done more than their share in years gone by. They are loyal they stick by the club even when they have problems with what the club stands for now. The fact that they don't like it but they're still there, makes them die hards.

Stand by your actions. If you're going to buy premierships, then stand up and admit it instead of pointing to other teams who've done the same or pretending that somehow when you do it, its "different".

By the way, impressive post-back response time!;)

Ubiquitous said:
aberdaberdo said:
I'II probably be dead in 5 years so I'II post you now. Not being defensive Ubiq.

Not respectful of the old-timers to discount their opinions just because they don't do the work now by your standards. They've done more than their share in years gone by. They are loyal they stick by the club even when they have problems with what the club stands for now. The fact that they don't like it but they're still there, makes them die hards.

Stand by your actions. If you're going to buy premierships, then stand up and admit it instead of pointing to other teams who've done the same or pretending that somehow when you do it, its "different".

By the way, impressive post-back response time!;)

Strathmore recruited players like everyone else. If thats buying a flag, so be it. No one complains about players getting paid, just the amount. I'm sure all the new players at other EDFL clubs are there because they love us and want to get a mention on Bigfooty, not for money.
You must have access to the secret underground Strathmore "die hards"
because I don't hear too much from the common or garden variety that I come accross.
Respose time related to public service boredom.

aberdaberdo said:
Ubiquitous said:
Strathmore recruited players like everyone else. If thats buying a flag, so be it. No one complains about players getting paid, just the amount. I'm sure all the new players at other EDFL clubs are there because they love us and want to get a mention on Bigfooty, not for money.
You must have access to the secret underground Strathmore "die hards"
because I don't hear too much from the common or garden variety that I come accross.
Respose time related to public service boredom.

serious all i have heard is you complain about everyone having ago at strathmore give us something a little more than that buddy:eek:

bricksta said:
aberdaberdo said:
serious all i have heard is you complain about everyone having ago at strathmore give us something a little more than that buddy:eek:

I haven't complained about them having a go. Do your worst. I'm just putting the other side out there. Just cos its been on Bigfooty dosen't make it true. I'm just amazed that the whole EDFL can be so fixated on Strathmore. Give someone else a go so I can finally do some work.

aberdaberdo said:
bricksta said:
I haven't complained about them having a go. Do your worst. I'm just putting the other side out there. Just cos its been on Bigfooty dosen't make it true. I'm just amazed that the whole EDFL can be so fixated on Strathmore. Give someone else a go so I can finally do some work.

serious mate who cares what people say...
you get all agro about it, dont repsond if you dont like what they say...
why have a go at anyone else, when the players are the ones who put themselves in the s h i t from before the season started by saying at a few different venues which i happened to hear and quote " may as well just turn up on grand final day and save everyone the trouble for the year":eek:

bricksta said:
aberdaberdo said:
serious mate who cares what people say...
you get all agro about it, dont repsond if you dont like what they say...
why have a go at anyone else, when the players are the ones who put themselves in the s h i t from before the season started by saying at a few different venues which i happened to hear and quote " may as well just turn up on grand final day and save everyone the trouble for the year":eek:

Let's just let the boys play I say. All the talk about how much money has been spent is done and dusted. The teams are out there and playing now and it would seem the top 3-4 are all capable of beating each other based on results so far. If Smore win then they've earnt it. They're not cheating any rules so the people who are invovled there at the club are the one's who'll decide on how they feel if and when they win it.... If they don't win it well that's on there heads too. There's four clubs with a genuine chance of winning this year so let's give em all some air play on here!?!?!? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back