EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keilor just racked up a Guiness Book of Records for amount of free kicks "for" in one EDFL game. Those that attended the game doubt the record will ever be touched.

Not going to mention the 5 direct free kicks that resulted in Greenvale Goals.....

ha ha quality. If you want real stats (not those make believe statements)Keilor had 17 free kicks in the last quarter alone. Funny how you were saying the same thing Sticks after rd 1.

ha ha quality. If you want real stats (not those make believe statements)Keilor had 17 free kicks in the last quarter alone. Funny how you were saying the same thing Sticks after rd 1.

Jett give us a summary of what must have been a great game. Were both sides playing their best footy? I would have thought Greenvale would have been expecting a bigger winning margin than 4 points at their home ground?
Besides the umpiring, which is shitful in every game who were the standouts?

Hey Waxy, did you observe the Two Blues v Cashmore game...your thoughts....will Terry Wallace coach Abers next year??

I did and they put up a brave fight :D and just fell short ;) by the way what letter comes after A in the alphabet???

WAXMEISTER

Jett give us a summary of what must have been a great game. Were both sides playing their best footy? I would have thought Greenvale would have been expecting a bigger winning margin than 4 points at their home ground?
Besides the umpiring, which is shitful in every game who were the standouts?

it was a great game and greenvale probably should have won by more, keilor showed alot of spirit but those who were at the game would of seen greenvale turn it on in just the second quarter. being an avondale supporter i was there to see what we have to come up against this weekend. keilor will make a statement this year but greenvales outs bicer, laggazono, feraj, bakoulas, they look like the side to beat.

I know that greenvale have picked up real well but i believe their onball line is still a little suspect and at just a judge thats prob why Keilor got close to them on the weekend but i have watched Strathmore the last 2 weeks and WOW if anyone gets close to their onball guns then ill be suprised...
They are def VFL level and i think after being 10goals better than anyone last year they will again be the side to beat even though Greenvale have picked up massive their onballers just wont compete with this side...

Cracking game. Greenvale were 30+ pts up in the second and got 24+ pts in the last. Keilor are a far better side than last year. Still quite small but they have a lot of run off halfback. They still play that very very short possesion game where they just hold onto the ball at all costs but it worked OK on Saturday. Porter is their forward gun. Not super tall but he's smart, quick and a top kick for goal. He was well held by Jorgenson and TK but I think he hurt his knee and will be the one to watch later. Throw in Mainsbridge, Condos, James and Glushenko and they can really turn it on and quickly. Their mids got beaten but Lance didn't play. They also had Zahra out which left them one short down back. Bigthought couldn't have it more wrong. Keilor where super efficient up forward and did a great job down back but the mids I thought got overwhelmed. Kuret, Randello, the Peakes, Lenne, Gill and O'Neill just rotate through there constantly. There was also a rumour that the jets 3 best onballers last year Bicer, Aloi, & Laggazino may even grace the track this week.

Think it is really amazing that people can go to games and have a totally differing view of the umpires. Jett, you obviously feel that GV were hard done by with the frees. Funny, the Keilor people had exactly the same view, except that Keilor were the team that suffered. I do think that your 17 frees in the last quarter is an overstatement.
You mention stats. Next time you are at Keilor game, have a look at their stats people and system, very comprehensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that greenvale have picked up real well but i believe their onball line is still a little suspect and at just a judge thats prob why Keilor got close to them on the weekend but i have watched Strathmore the last 2 weeks and WOW if anyone gets close to their onball guns then ill be suprised...
They are def VFL level and i think after being 10goals better than anyone last year they will again be the side to beat even though Greenvale have picked up massive their onballers just wont compete with this side...

?????? Got me confused. So you've made an assessment about GV's onball line based on ........ hang on what was it based on again? Didn't GV recruit an all VFL on ball line from last year? Still agree that SM are the benchmark but to make the above assessment having not seen the GV line up is a little bemusing??:confused:

Cracking game. Greenvale were 30+ pts up in the second and got 24+ pts in the last. Keilor are a far better side than last year. Still quite small but they have a lot of run off halfback. They still play that very very short possesion game where they just hold onto the ball at all costs but it worked OK on Saturday. Porter is their forward gun. Not super tall but he's smart, quick and a top kick for goal. He was well held by Jorgenson and TK but I think he hurt his knee and will be the one to watch later. Throw in Mainsbridge, Condos, James and Glushenko and they can really turn it on and quickly. Their mids got beaten but Lance didn't play. They also had Zahra out which left them one short down back. Bigthought couldn't have it more wrong. Keilor where super efficient up forward and did a great job down back but the mids I thought got overwhelmed. Kuret, Randello, the Peakes, Lenne, Gill and O'Neill just rotate through there constantly. There was also a rumour that the jets 3 best onballers last year Bicer, Aloi, & Laggazino may even grace the track this week.

Couldn't disagree more with the assesment.... The difference in the game was quite simply the Greenvale monsters of Smith & Hakim who kicked 10 of the clubs 15 goals....

Greenvale had 4 ruckman (potter, hakim, briggs, smith) opposed to Cooper who was the lone ruckman for Keilor.... Coopers rests for 15 minutes in the 2nd quarter & Greenvale pile on 4 goals ???

Smith comes into the ruck fresh at the start of the last quarter jumps all over a tiring cooper and greenvale pile of 4 goals ??? That was the difference in the game.....

Midfield Summary -

Marcy v Kuret -- Marcy over 30 touches & 2 goals ... clear winner on the day

Bailey v Randello - Randello started on fire before Bailey quietened him down and lifted the side in the 3rd quarter

Pekes v Fraser - Honours shared with Pekes good in the first half before running out of legs..... Fraser got keilor running with his creative hands...

O'Neil v Knezevic - Knezevic dominated early before injuring his groin... O'Neill very good in the last quarter

Greenvale will prove very hard to beat @ home and with the addition of Bicer & Aloi will definitely be more potent.... Only concern is that they seemed to run out of legs late ---- not sure what their fitness base is like ???

Keilor will continue to improve as they take time to gel together and get their forward line working with James, Porter, Condos, Gluschenko, Mansbridge & Buttigieg all adjusting to differenct role......

A couple of injuries to either of the top 3 could be the difference in 07......

Think it is really amazing that people can go to games and have a totally differing view of the umpires. Jett, you obviously feel that GV were hard done by with the frees. Funny, the Keilor people had exactly the same view, except that Keilor were the team that suffered. I do think that your 17 frees in the last quarter is an overstatement.
You mention stats. Next time you are at Keilor game, have a look at their stats people and system, very comprehensive.

how's the form of Leigh Picioane? has he been keeping his elbows down??
What about Lance..hasn't played the last 2 weeks..heard he might be wanting to return back up the bush?

Whats going on at Abers 0-3 cant belive it with the talent they have (on papper)?
A bloke told me at my "local" last nite a few players were not happy with the coach??????? Could not possibly be true absolute garbage.

how's the form of Leigh Picioane? has he been keeping his elbows down??
What about Lance..hasn't played the last 2 weeks..heard he might be wanting to return back up the bush?

Lee was at douttas about 5 years ago, was a consistent player without being great, would be around mid 30's now. Word around to traps is he loves the cash and is getting a kick or two off the ground, lance is ready to go this week after a hammy problem. The only bush lance will get near is the one of the girl variety.

Sounds interesting!! Do you think the stats people from Keilor would mind if we all wandered over for a chat and perused their high tech equipment at the next game?

PS I have nasty stamp collection that fellow EDFL supporters are welcome to have a squizz at during the half time break of future fixtures. I can also be contacted at Nerds@revengeof.com.au

Whats going on at Abers 0-3 cant belive it with the talent they have (on papper)?
A bloke told me at my "local" last nite a few players were not happy with the coach??????? Could not possibly be true absolute garbage.

They have a good side on paper compared to previous years, the only problem is so does the rest of the competition. The standard has lifted 100% from 5 years ago when Abers were a force and all though Abers have lifted slightly the other teams have lifted plenty.

I seen Abers on the weekend, and they seemed to really miss the leadership of Woodsy, Adam Turner is an okay player but not a leader and seemed to spend a lot fo time winging at the umpires. Sheppard i dont think touched the ball in the first half and didnt play the 2nd. They have blokes like Mickey Egan, Dave Saliba etc who 5 years ago would have dominated but today are just good standard players in comparrison to say Holman, Doering.

I still think Abers as a whole are dissapointig considering they had such junior dominance won almost every u/18 flag for about 5 years you would have thought at least 10 of the kids from there would turn out to be good senior footballers.

I did and they put up a brave fight :D and just fell short ;) by the way what letter comes after A in the alphabet???

WAXMEISTER

Waxy, I think the answer is "B"....makes for an interesting game, the last 2 teams listed on the fixture in "A" Grade who play each other in round 18.
The ground could have alot to do with the result...in more than one way.

very good comment and will go as far as saying one of the very few quality things said on this site...
Dont agree with saying that Egan and Saliba are JUST players i reckon they would easily fit into any A grade side ontop of that Abers seemed to have a few out in the last few weeks.. where has Runnalls been? Shep got injured i believe? are they under achieving due to that? do these injuries open the door for oak park this week?

In regards to the juniors not comming through i dont think that can be put down to their performance this year but im sure its been looked at and if you look at most leagues there wouldnt be more than 4 players in each side whom have played in the under 18s in the previous 4 years... Abers reserves have been good over the past 3 years are they all there? or do they all go play under 19 like they use too?

Lee was at douttas about 5 years ago, was a consistent player without being great, would be around mid 30's now. Word around to traps is he loves the cash and is getting a kick or two off the ground, lance is ready to go this week after a hammy problem. The only bush lance will get near is the one of the girl variety.

not sure if i needed his life story, just his form this year was what i was after..who wouldn't love the cash...Keilor boys better lock up their wives and girlfriends with leroy about..:D

very good comment and will go as far as saying one of the very few quality things said on this site...
Dont agree with saying that Egan and Saliba are JUST players i reckon they would easily fit into any A grade side ontop of that Abers seemed to have a few out in the last few weeks.. where has Runnalls been? Shep got injured i believe? are they under achieving due to that? do these injuries open the door for oak park this week?

In regards to the juniors not comming through i dont think that can be put down to their performance this year but im sure its been looked at and if you look at most leagues there wouldnt be more than 4 players in each side whom have played in the under 18s in the previous 4 years... Abers reserves have been good over the past 3 years are they all there? or do they all go play under 19 like they use too?

Biggie - have they looked to be outcoached ?? or the players not switched on ?? -

Im not sure i have not heard much of the coach talk so dont really know how good he is on tactics but he seems to motivate the team and from all reports he is hard on them so not fully sure.
Has anyone else heard him talk or do you ever really get out coached in local footy? is it just the way the team gels at times or even how pumped up the team is?
Im not really sure the coach has been outcoach just maybe the team is finding it hard to gel just yet cause on paper they should has atleast won one so far but only early days im sure they will go alright this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back