EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention his skills or lack of there of. He cant mark anyway so he might be able to get away without using that hand and get on the park earlier

Surely you are taking the pis.s, I reckon the last 1/2 of last year at Douttas was pretty tough and Joey was the only player at that club that never stopped having a crack.

Originally Posted by KFC80
Never Rated Laverde anyways, when the going gets tough he goes missing

Mate you have got to be kidding you have no ideal!! Doesnt make any sense at all. He's one of the only ones who have a crack week in week out. Totally off the mark, rate him real highly. :thumbsu:

C'mon guys a little gentle encouragement for the newly promoted Club's ideas doesn't go ashtray(sp?).

Bimbo indeed!

*mutter mutter mutter*

manslap.gif

Originally Posted by edfl2006
MARIBYRNONG PARK F.C are still looking for Under 18 players for 2008 for the opportunity to play A GRADE Football.

Offering TRAVISTY clothing sponsorship, cash incentives & heaps of gift vouchers.
Come and be a part of a football club on the rise and be looked after & affiliated with its successful Senior group.
Bring a group of friends and make a change to your football. Currently, we have 16 - 20 players. Looking to be better than okay and willing to
reward those who come down and support.

CONTACT (call or sms) - 0438 352 778 or FAB Massi 0418390084

This is a total disgace. Marby need to take a good look at themselves

Originally Posted by KFC80
Never Rated Laverde anyways, when the going gets tough he goes missing

Mate you have got to be kidding you have no ideal!! Doesnt make any sense at all. He's one of the only ones who have a crack week in week out. Totally off the mark, rate him real highly. :thumbsu:

Yes he has a crack... but he is soft he might go into a contest on the ground but would not stand under a ball or go back with the flight if his life depended on it

Skills are pretty good and I'm not having a crack at Laverde because every team needs these players for balance

Anyways moving on to MP I think its a disgrace if they are paying under 18's to play....

If the points system comes in however it might be a way to get gun under 18's and then they may qualify as locals

Yeah well its eventually going to head that way, where teams pay there juniors. Marby just so happens to be a club that is in the position to do so at this stage. I think Port Colts back in the late 90's early 00's actually paid there reserve players $50 a game. Coinsidently they won both the 1's and 2's that year.

Whats on this weekend in terms of matches? I know marby v vermont.... what other matches are on?

Yeah well its eventually going to head that way, where teams pay there juniors. Marby just so happens to be a club that is in the position to do so at this stage. I think Port Colts back in the late 90's early 00's actually paid there reserve players $50 a game. Coinsidently they won both the 1's and 2's that year.

Whats on this weekend in terms of matches? I know marby v vermont.... what other matches are on?
DOUTTA STARS PAID THEIR 2's $20 A GAME A LONG TIME AGO....BUT THEIR HAD TO ATTEND EVERY TRAINING SESSION AND TURN UP TO CLUB FUNCTIONS.

DOUTTA STARS PAID THEIR 2's $20 A GAME A LONG TIME AGO....BUT THEIR HAD TO ATTEND EVERY TRAINING SESSION AND TURN UP TO CLUB FUNCTIONS.

Marby were paying some u18's last year so i dont know what all the fuss is about.

paying your under 18's will achieve nothing. any sort of person that turns for $50 isnt the sort of person you want around your club.

additionally if an under 18 player that rates himself, should already be playing for Calder/Western or already playing senoirs.

Putting up $50 will attract the dregs of society that Marby under 18s have been noted for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been very quiet lately General about your Doutta boys.

It would seem they may not have recruited as well as other clubs and the talk around the local pubs is they may be fighting with West Coburg to avoid the B Grade dance!

Been very quiet lately General about your Doutta boys.

It would seem they may not have recruited as well as other clubs and the talk around the local pubs is they may be fighting with West Coburg to avoid the B Grade dance!

Best we all wait until the clubs have played each other and then everyone can rate them accordingly.

If you listen to pub talk then Aberfeldie should have won any of the last 5 flags as they always say "they have recruited well" and "are all flying on the track".

KFC 80
Yes he has a crack... but he is soft he might go into a contest on the ground but would not stand under a ball or go back with the flight if his life depended on it

Skills are pretty good and I'm not having a crack at Laverde because every team needs these players for balance

Absolutely know clue pal! :thumbsdown: You are just making it up as you go. Now your saying he is hard at it cause others disagree with you, but he is soft when going back with the flight of the ball.lol! Joking aren't ya. Your opinion but i also disagree. Anyway One of the best & hard midfielder's in this comp:thumbsu:

KFC 80

Absolutely know clue pal! :thumbsdown: You are just making it up as you go. Now your saying he is hard at it cause others disagree with you, but he is soft when going back with the flight of the ball.lol! Joking aren't ya. Your opinion but i also disagree. Anyway One of the best & hard midfielder's in this comp:thumbsu:

Ha didn't think it was that hard to understand

What I'm saying is that a player can go in for the ball whilst it is on the ground and you can see what is coming, but putting your hands up for a mark or running back with the flight is another thing

Ha didn't think it was that hard to understand

What I'm saying is that a player can go in for the ball whilst it is on the ground and you can see what is coming, but putting your hands up for a mark or running back with the flight is another thing

Laverde would not be the Lone Ranger in that department in this League or any other League in the Country...............ever had second thoughts yourself KFC 80?

If they had to shower in those disgusting stinking change rooms you had back then I'm not suprised you had to pay them.

Best we all wait until the clubs have played each other and then everyone can rate them accordingly.

If you listen to pub talk then Aberfeldie should have won any of the last 5 flags as they always say "they have recruited well" and "are all flying on the track".

I tend to agree with you, Abers do always talk themselves up a fair bit. However, the crucial difference this year is that they have recruited good players but have also not lost much either. Last year abers lost about 8 good players and gained about 8 good players...this year they have gained about 10 or so good players and only lost 3 and the 3. In saying that the competition is the strongest its ever been so too hard to say who will go down.

Douttas are without a doubt odds on for B grade at this stage. They have not recruited players to make up for those they have lost and word is training has been average.

You are spot on Thatll Do that abers have for too long talked themselves up only to finish in the bottom 4. While there has been plenty of talk this year about abers making the finals, the players are only concentrating on getting a win in round 1 and building from there.

It will be interesting to see how abers go against a strong outfit in St Marys tomorrow at clifton park.

I tend to agree with you, Abers do always talk themselves up a fair bit. However, the crucial difference this year is that they have recruited good players but have also not lost much either. Last year abers lost about 8 good players and gained about 8 good players...this year they have gained about 10 or so good players and only lost 3 and the 3. In saying that the competition is the strongest its ever been so too hard to say who will go down.

Prophetic I've noticed that Abers have had large numbers at training all through the preseason with a lot more than 22 blokes thinking they will play ones. Do you think all of these blokes will stick around or will many be off after round 4 when they realise they won't be getting a game?

Do blokes on coin who can't make the ones get paid? Do they have out clauses in their contracts if they aren't getting a game?

Would be great to have hot competition for spots down there but I fear many will be off to B grade when they realise they aren't in the coaches best 22.

look out 4 pascoe vale this year in the b's.
i hear good things about this matt pettman. looks like pascoe vale is a contender for the B flag this year

Prophetic I've noticed that Abers have had large numbers at training all through the preseason with a lot more than 22 blokes thinking they will play ones. Do you think all of these blokes will stick around or will many be off after round 4 when they realise they won't be getting a game?

Do blokes on coin who can't make the ones get paid? Do they have out clauses in their contracts if they aren't getting a game?

Would be great to have hot competition for spots down there but I fear many will be off to B grade when they realise they aren't in the coaches best 22.

Its always tough, especially since abers will have about 30 odd blokes who would hope/expect to get in the 1's, so its a good problem to have. I guess it comes down to loyalty...if blokes wanna leave after only 4 rouinds b/c they cant get a game then thats their decision but im sure those who stick it out will get rewarded. In terms of coin i cant really answer that mate but i imagine you only have to pay 21 blokes who actually play each week...unless your Marbi Park

Douttas are without a doubt odds on for B grade at this stage. They have not recruited players to make up for those they have lost and word is training has been average.

You are spot on Thatll Do that abers have for too long talked themselves up only to finish in the bottom 4. While there has been plenty of talk this year about abers making the finals, the players are only concentrating on getting a win in round 1 and building from there.

It will be interesting to see how abers go against a strong outfit in St Marys tomorrow at clifton park.
Doutta play VAFA club Rupertswood tomorrow at Sunbury - 18's @ 9.30, 2's @ 12.00 and Seniors @ 2.10pm. Will be interesting to see if Doutta play all their new recruits. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back