EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAMA said:
Aloi Should be a great pick up

Ex Port Melbourne ??

thats right Jama

Strange that he left this year, i thought he would have stuck it out given that Port are no longer aligned with the roos, would have definately been in the mix to play senior footy, that was my original mail for why he did not go to Mooroopna with his brother.

would be on a pretty penny with Greenvale i would have thought, as Mooroopna would have threw a fair bit at him.

Travvy43 said:
thats right Jama

Strange that he left this year, i thought he would have stuck it out given that Port are no longer aligned with the roos, would have definately been in the mix to play senior footy, that was my original mail for why he did not go to Mooroopna with his brother.

would be on a pretty penny with Greenvale i would have thought, as Mooroopna would have threw a fair bit at him.

Anth told us that the two main reasons he didn't go with Nick to country was, actually there is 3.
- Him and Nick work together and sometime when brothers are together to much it can just become that. Too much.
- Due to work he could not afford to travel.
- He is close mates with Steve McPherson after the years he spent at the Doggies before Port Melbourne.
He also was close to going to Melton, but knew the EDFL A Grade Comp was going to explode.

goalkicker said:
well said matty, do not worry about west coburg, they have no idea, just look at the form of there commitee. . . Has anyone got any news on Pascoe Vale????

They are probably just W.Coburg followers. The committee of W.Coburg I know are pretty hard working, as they have done well with their juniors.
Filmed the show there last year in front of 120 players and kids crammed in the social rooms.
The emailers are probably just a few bored bums.

Paco are going to be a dark horse as they have recruited a few good players I hear and had v.good U/18's last year. New coach and enthusiasm and the Bombers guernsey is always going to keep them in good stead.
Abers signed a very good junior player Mark Worthington. They will suprise.
Any forward line with Minton-Connell, Sheppard, Faraj and Paul Hudson will be good.

Matthew Pillios said:
Exactly mate. How is things up Wallan way going mate?

I know the Roys have recruited very well - Robert Powell (Gun from all reports/Ex RICH), another big man (v.good) and two fringe players that were starting 18 players, but just missed out as they played first half of year at Cairns. Along with Corey Ramsay, Corey Lawes, Caulfield and 2 good Amatuer players, the Roys are going to be a force.

Can confirm Caufield and Lawes but apparently only one from nth heidelberg is playing and it is not Robert Powell.

Also pekes bros Staying at Oak Park.

Can anybody confirm that jacana no longer have a coach

Allears said:
This will be an intresting season for A and B grade, Strathmore look the

goods again but how long will it last? I think the other teams in B grade

like westmeadows and glenroy are going under the radar which they would

be loving at moment!
don't be surprised there will be a huge fall out at the mores. half of the u18's from last year are looking to play elsewhere this year as opportunities are limited with the influx of highly paid recruits coming to the club. also some of the stalwarts are ********ed off that all these dollars are going to mercenary's such as Holman from Doutta and the likes of harvey, quinn and barnard. I bet these blokes wont be around in 2-3 years as would the kids of the club. it's going to kill them in the end, as it has with abers. their 18's won 3 or 4 flags in a row and there has been no flow on success in the seniors as the kids looked elsewhere because of limted opportunities - when are clubs going to realise that the kids are the longterm future of most senior clubs. take a leaf out of Keilor's book, they rarely have anymore than 2-3 outsiders taking up senior spots and they would have to be the most succesful club over the past 10-15 years - Start looking after your 18's !!

matty i hear one of glenroys recruits may be harley ryan who played a couple of vfl games with geelong last year very good young footballer

Bulldog1954 said:
The only canteen I have been to that haven't made a decent hot dog was Avondale Heights, an absolute disgrace. Best hot dogs go to Craigieburn, Westmeadows and Bops

bulldog - I agree hotdogs at the heights are stiffer than a keilor park gale.

westmeadows for my vote , they would get plenty of trade as i hear the coach there doesnt mind throwing a few back during a game

this has happened to so many clubs over the years. Airport West a few years back when Douttas beat them. This is where a good administration running the club is so important. Not only for getting in there and getting your hands dirty but not relying on3-4 imports that will get you a flag. Strathmore apparently is not paying out the big bucks each week but it is the sign on fee which is between $2000-$5000 dollars which is a big incentive to sign and scar is putting this money forward and yes they will lose some good kids who may be lost to footy forever. Which we all dont want im sure.

Therussian said:
I'M A BIT CONFUSED,

Who's on Team Pillios and whos on team Goose?

For ******** sake let it go and move on, l have to agree tho Matty it was a bit

low including mums and sisters into it.

Allears said:
For ******** sake let it go and move on, l have to agree tho Matty it was a bit

low including mums and sisters into it.

ok mate, just making light of the sitch, lets get on to footy talk.

:thumbsu:

Travvy43 said:
thats right Jama

Funny how get get info but,

I used to run with his Aunty a few year back.

At that time he was real un happy at the treatment he was getting at PM. Suppose the opportunity to break the shakles was too good to refuse

thewookie said:
this has happened to so many clubs over the years. Airport West a few years back when Douttas beat them. This is where a good administration running the club is so important. Not only for getting in there and getting your hands dirty but not relying on3-4 imports that will get you a flag. Strathmore apparently is not paying out the big bucks each week but it is the sign on fee which is between $2000-$5000 dollars which is a big incentive to sign and scar is putting this money forward and yes they will lose some good kids who may be lost to footy forever. Which we all dont want im sure.
So Strathmore FC are wiping their hands of the recruiting policy of one C.Hillie.
That means T.Harveys sign on fee must be around 20000. Good to see the club sticking together when the criticism starts flying!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boss said:
Interesting to see that no one has posted any rep teams.

People like bagging players and talking others up but it looks as though they dont have the knowledge to post the best in a rep side.

I would but i dont have the knowlege of the EDFL.

Can someone have a crack!

working on one right now,

hope to post it around 4.00pm today

Anyone else going to have a crack ???

JAMA said:

i can try to put one together for a grade. is it based on 2005 or do we include 2006 recruits. Also the youth policy at clubs is a funny thing. Abers did go for a youth policy and spent little money in the last few years and they went crap. They played their kids and got smashed. What you have to realise is that the under 18 comp is not strong, and most kids with talent are playing school, calder, senior footy at that age.

If the sign on fee rumour is true then myles quinn got a $25,000 one.

Also in the a grade comp, who could go past a moonee valley hot dog?

Aussie_dude said:
i can try to put one together for a grade. is it based on 2005 or do we include 2006 recruits. Also the youth policy at clubs is a funny thing. Abers did go for a youth policy and spent little money in the last few years and they went crap. They played their kids and got smashed. What you have to realise is that the under 18 comp is not strong, and most kids with talent are playing school, calder, senior footy at that age.

Werent the edfl going to change there age policy to Under 19's, under

17's etc?

JAMA said:

Good to hear, is this team going to include the new players to clubs?

Aussie_dude said:

Good point Aussie Due,

MV is one of the few canteens to offer cheese and well as the full range of mustards and sauces !!!!

Aussie_dude said:

Aussie dude, you are yet to post anything other than rubbish, there is no possible way Quinn would get $25,000, you are a goose.

Therussian said:
Aussie dude, you are yet to post anything other than rubbish, there is no possible way Quinn would get $25,000, you are a goose.

$25,000 a year thats a little rich considering he hasnt played AFL?

There were rumours going around that Paxmen was on $30,000 a year but

who knows!!:confused:

Therussian said:

Russian

Mate need to settle down a bit

Only a comment !!!!

As long as it is not slagging the guy of or is not agro in any way, what does it matter.

Sounds to me like you only trying to get a reaction.

JAMA said:
Russian

Mate need to settle down a bit

Only a comment !!!!

As long as it is not slagging the guy of or is not agro in any way, what does it matter.

Sounds to me like you only trying to get a reaction.

Well its sounds wrong then, Aussie dude does nothing but sledge on this, and 25,000k is a ridicolous amount to speculate on.

jets06 said:
don't be surprised there will be a huge fall out at the mores. half of the u18's from last year are looking to play elsewhere this year as opportunities are limited with the influx of highly paid recruits coming to the club. also some of the stalwarts are ********ed off that all these dollars are going to mercenary's such as Holman from Doutta and the likes of harvey, quinn and barnard. I bet these blokes wont be around in 2-3 years as would the kids of the club. it's going to kill them in the end, as it has with abers. their 18's won 3 or 4 flags in a row and there has been no flow on success in the seniors as the kids looked elsewhere because of limted opportunities - when are clubs going to realise that the kids are the longterm future of most senior clubs. take a leaf out of Keilor's book, they rarely have anymore than 2-3 outsiders taking up senior spots and they would have to be the most succesful club over the past 10-15 years - Start looking after your 18's !!

I think you are a bit harsh on the above. I can understand where you are coming from with the U18's but i think you have used some bad examples.

Barnard is obviously ex AFL and his brother is playing there.
Quinn has come from WA to work in Melb
Harvey was ex VAFA then went to Box Hill VFL for a few years

They are hardly mercenarys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back