Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares said:
WHO THE F__K IS JARRAD MORRISON?

lol..........:p

Fair player,
Plays at Strathmore (5).
Left foot Half back flanker, played TAC Cup under 18' at the Calder Cannons, Richmond Reserves.

Good honest player. :thumbsu:

OrangeCutter said:
If your a player its hard to tell cause at best you only see the boys you play with, so for our boys i would say...
M Martyn
M McBride
M Pappa
should be certainties and maybe A Gentile
any other boys got names from their sides???????

Going on performaces against the good teams and watching them, my selection would be as follows:

APW:Martyn, McBride

Marby:Bell, Whelan, Nash

West Coburg:Haouchar, Flavel, Ahmad, Vass

Glenroy: Deagan

Bulldog1954 said:
The Moonee Valley player who punched and then kicked the North Coburg player in the head has been suspended for eight weeks by Moonee Valley. The investigator went to Moonee Valley tonight and the offending player didn't show. He then went to North Coburg and spoke to the kicked player amongst others. He will be reported for kicking. The Moonee Valley player will also be de-registered until the investigator talks to him.

The guy who did the report was the umpire for the senior match who was watching at the time. None of the reserves umpires reported him

I was at the game and given the number of players invlolved is it not likely that the umpires running the game were unsighted due to players obstructing their view and therefore meaning they could not report as they did not see contact? I mean we wouldn't want umpires reporting everything they thought they saw would we?

EDFL MAN said:
Going on performaces against the good teams and watching them, my selection would be as follows:

APW:Martyn, McBride

Marby:Bell, Whelan, Nash

West Coburg:Haouchar, Flavel, Ahmad, Vass

Glenroy: Deagan
if i was 2 pick one from each side they would b: west coburg: rabee haouchar marby park: dave weston airport west mark mcbride tulla: col laurie glenroy: mark deagan pacco: corey bakker taylors: paul gilmour roxy: paul greenham ncs: adrian luvara westy: andy mclean haddy: daniel orr moonee valley: mario tenace jacana: nathan mills and 4 the sharks the young gun jared warwick and fill up the rest between the airport west, west coburg and marby boys

Keilor would have in team of year

Gumm
Marcy (not far behind D. Bicer as best onballer in comp)

See How They Run said:
I was at the game and given the number of players invlolved is it not likely that the umpires running the game were unsighted due to players obstructing their view and therefore meaning they could not report as they did not see contact? I mean we wouldn't want umpires reporting everything they thought they saw would we?

It's quiet clear you are an EDFL umpire or an EDFL official champ.
It's time to get tough, not excuses in my opinion, open your eyes for once in your life and umpire the game! :cool:
As l have said before "Would you like to go home to your wife/girlfriend/children/mother/father etc with a broken jaw...?"
I can answer that for you Son, NO!
Do not dedicate the game men(umpires), the blokes in orange having been doing this for years, if the umpires cannot control the situation on the football field, lm affraid it's time to to give it up boys...a good umpire is one that you don't remember!
For you umpires out there, please feel free to pull a jumper on and have kick and see it from the others/players point of view. :thumbsdown:

bricksta said:
From what i have seen Knezevic has been the best of this lot...:eek: :thumbsu:

Recently he and allocca have been in top form, didnt have the best start to the season compared to current form.

EDFL MAN said:
It's time to get tough, not excuses in my opinion, open your eyes for once in your life and umpire the game! :cool:
As l have said before "Would you like to go home to your wife/girlfriend/children/mother/father etc with a broken jaw...?"
Do not dedicate the game men(umpires), the blokes in orange having been doing this for years, if the umpires cannot control the situation on the football field, lm affraid it's time to to give it up boys...a good umpire is one that you don't remember!
For you umpires out there, please feel free to pull a jumper on and have kick and see it from the others/players point of view. :thumbsdown:

So EDFL MAN it would go something like this:
Umpire reports player for kicking/hitting another player. Fast forward to Tuesday night tribunal - Tribunal member says what is your account of the incident. Umpire responds "well my view was obscured but I know the player did hit him because everyone else said so". Let me see, I don't think the tribunal is going to suspend on that evidence. Option 2: Umpire makes up response to suit the charge. Now there is an option that sounds like it might suit - NOT

See How They Run said:
So EDFL MAN it would go something like this:
Umpire reports player for kicking/hitting another player. Fast forward to Tuesday night tribunal - Tribunal member says what is your account of the incident. Umpire responds "well my view was obscured but I know the player did hit him because everyone else said so". Let me see, I don't think the tribunal is going to suspend on that evidence. Option 2: Umpire makes up response to suit the charge. Now there is an option that sounds like it might suit - NOT

See How They Run, please explain this to me then Son: :confused:

Originally Posted by drplds
With the A Rambo report, Choco said it was an open hand and was a reflex action because he was pinching Ram. The umpire (surname Price) told the tribunal that the position he was in he couldn't even see the punch but saw the player holding his head. Explain how Ram gets 3. Anyway time has been served and he's itching to get back into things.

Funny how the system works Champ, don't you think!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDFL MAN said:

With the A Rambo report, Choco said it was an open hand and was a reflex action because he was pinching Ram. The umpire (surname Price) told the tribunal that the position he was in he couldn't even see the punch but saw the player holding his head. Explain how Ram gets 3. Anyway time has been served and he's itching to get back into things.

i dont like your chances of getting a straight answer cause i dont any of them could tell you anything usefull ...:eek:

EDFL MAN said:

That wasn't the name of the umpire who laid the report.

The actual umpire who reported the incident DID see it happen.

EDFL MAN said:

So, even if he didn't see the contact, he has to report?

drplds said:
Keilor would have in team of year

Gumm
Marcy (not far behind D. Bicer as best onballer in comp)

marcy is a ball magnet but i would like bicer before him all day long.

I posted a team a few weeks back and have made a fair few changes now we have a clearer picture as to who is travelling better than others.
Although not yet half way mark of the year.
I will post a team of year - TO DATE.

B. J. Rohan R. Little P. Lenne

HB. H. Harmer A. Thomas T. Gluschenko

C. A. Knezevic G. Holman A. Ramsay

HF. S. Paxman K. Carey W. Heir

F. J. Angelopoulos T. Harvey T. Gumm

R. M. Quinn B. Hollow D. Bicer

Inter. S. Tankard, R. Marcy, D. Alloca, M. Egan, L. Kinniburgh, A. Isailovic.

Matthew Pillios said:
TUNE INTO TONIGHT'S SPECIAL EDITION OF;

ESSENDON DISTRICT KNOWS FOOTBALL

- Live From Pascoe Vale F.C.
- Great Interview with Alan Ezard.
- Heaps of Match Footage from the past rounds.
- Also, a huge segment on"How the Big name Pre-season recruits are travelling."
PLUS much, much more.....

Tonight - 6:30pm - 7:30pm on Channel 31.

Matthew Pillios Jarrad Morrison Rocky Ianello

have really enjoyed the show since its inception, but of late it has lost it credibility with the so called knowledgeable panelists.....last night the review given on the Abers / Doutta game was a joke..... Firstly they said how well Nicky Duggan played, (actually played in the early game), then they attempted to correct themselves and said it was Ned Pearson, wrong again, he actually played in the 18's game.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!
Lift your game Matt and get some panelists on who know something about all clubs and not just the couple they may have been associated with, otherwise fans will drop off watchng your show............

jets06 said:
have really enjoyed the show since its inception, but of late it has lost it credibility with the so called knowledgeable panelists.....last night the review given on the Abers / Doutta game was a joke..... Firstly they said how well Nicky Duggan played, (actually played in the early game), then they attempted to correct themselves and said it was Ned Pearson, wrong again, he actually played in the 18's game.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!
Lift your game Matt and get some panelists on who know something about all clubs and not just the couple they may have been associated with, otherwise fans will drop off watchng your show............

"Lift your game" you say, how do you expect the three people on the panel to know every player that plays in every game every week? they can only be at one game at the one time. who are these people that know and equal amount on all clubs? just about everyone is associated with a club and obviously are going to know more about their club thats why Matt rotates the panelists every week to get different opinions. Matt asked on big footy earlier this year for ideas on new panelists and who everyone thought were the better one's to keep, did you have any ideas? Jets06 "lift your game" if it wasn't for Matt's hard work to get the show off the ground and every week from then on the show wouldn't be on at all, he is not employed by anyone to do this show he does it off his own back and with the help of sponsors he has organised to promote the EDFL and entertain the EDFL public. so pull your head in jets06 and enjoy the show instead of annalising every word that is said. keep up the good work Matt

who cares said:
"Lift your game" you say, how do you expect the three people on the panel to know every player that plays in every game every week? they can only be at one game at the one time. who are these people that know and equal amount on all clubs? just about everyone is associated with a club and obviously are going to know more about their club thats why Matt rotates the panelists every week to get different opinions. Matt asked on big footy earlier this year for ideas on new panelists and who everyone thought were the better one's to keep, did you have any ideas? Jets06 "lift your game" if it wasn't for Matt's hard work to get the show off the ground and every week from then on the show wouldn't be on at all, he is not employed by anyone to do this show he does it off his own back and with the help of sponsors he has organised to promote the EDFL and entertain the EDFL public. so pull your head in jets06 and enjoy the show instead of annalising every word that is said. keep up the good work Matt
WHO CARES - Phew hit a raw nerve there haven't I ??? my point is if they are not sure of who played then don't comment for the sake of it, it just makes themselves look stupid.....at least Morrison when asked a question last night had the balls to say 'he was not sure !! or was 'unaware of the circumstances'....don't get me wrong I reckon the show is great for the EDFL and Matt is doing a fine job to promote the comp.....

Pantsless said:
So, even if he didn't see the contact, he has to report?

I would think so pantsless. :thumbsu:
Unless the umpire is 110%sure contacted wasn't made then he/she can't report the player at hand, then the umpire has done his job and cannot be questioned in relation to the matter.
At the end of the day it's up to the tribunal to find him guilty or not gulity, not the umpire. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back