EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one will be playing local footy for a while from Seniors to Aus Kick. Grounds are to hard and a matter of time whwn Melbourne water reachers 29% full level and stage 4 comes in.

I'm telling you North...the rains are coming, the Arks nearly completed, just putting the finishing touches on the biddes for all the soft sausages that wont play on firm grounds, were they like this in your day Drebs??
If theres a few stray porkers at Freddies on friday Night, bundle em into the Van but don't take em home to Precious Drebs...drop em off at the Ark as we might need em for breedin purposes...any Roxburg or Craigy girls, please submit resume on this sight to dear "Right On" he's the king when it comes to lassooing largens.....move over Don Smallgoods...good on ya Don, I think he played in the pocket for Moonee Valley.

No one will be playing local footy for a while from Seniors to Aus Kick. Grounds are to hard and a matter of time whwn Melbourne water reachers 29% full level and stage 4 comes in.

Geelong has been on level 4 restrictions for about 2 years and they're still playing.......????? All the grounds need is the use of some sandy soils so when the grass goes they're not hard as concrete. In my opinion this has nothing to do with playability of the grounds and EVERYTHING to do with the councils protecting their grounds. They just don't want to have to spend the coin down the track to repair them. The Government needs to be proactive and pledge some coin to subsidise this. Grounds have been hard for a few years now I can't be convinced that this is the reason for the threats of delays......!!!!

Geelong has been on level 4 restrictions for about 2 years and they're still playing.......????? All the grounds need is the use of some sandy soils so when the grass goes they're not hard as concrete. In my opinion this has nothing to do with playability of the grounds and EVERYTHING to do with the councils protecting their grounds. They just don't want to have to spend the coin down the track to repair them. The Government needs to be proactive and pledge some coin to subsidise this. Grounds have been hard for a few years now I can't be convinced that this is the reason for the threats of delays......!!!!

I agree. All grounds have been rock hard at the start of each season for years. This is all a load of **** and everybody ie. the officals and councils are getting caught up in all the hysteria and media hype.
We are supposed to be the sporting capital of the world and the government will not tip in a cent to overcome these minor problems but will spend millions on a new pool for an event nobody gives a s**t about.
Everybody go out and buy some grasscats and get on with it.

I wonder what longer term affect the drought with have on the major competitions in the years to come.
While I understand that this season isnt a right of yet, and that the state U/18 comp will go ahead as its played on the VFL/AFL grounds.
HOWEVER
The talented under 14's and under 16's will be delayed at best, but might not even get the chance to showcase their abilities, and maintain/improve their skills
This will surely have an impact on exactly what the talent identification scouts from the Cannons, Jets & the like get to view.
If the junior season doesnt go ahead in full, or at all, you would have to think that it would have a flow on effect, and that we might see kids who have performed in the last couple of seasons getting a go on that, where as the late developers would be behind the eight ball?
And I wonder if this in term might affect the draft in say 3 or 4 years when these players are eligible

Well the rain keept me up last night, I think it rained for 4 or 5 hours straight and into this morning. With more forecast we might just might be able top sleep a little easier now.

Sorry to spoil your fun but no truth whatsoever in Harvey and Quinn leaving, haven't missed a beat so far in the pre season. Chopper has confirmed that if he's given the o.k to only commit to half a season down the Princes Fwy (which in my opinion would be very strange), he will play there, otherwise he's s.s&d at the mores. Juliand (that is definately a girls name) i will stand corrected if you prove to be right on this one.
Quote:

Read a Cat rover
Jason Shields – Geelong Advertiser for Geelong Football club

Rolling waves and a new football challenge have lured former Melbourne and West Coast midfielder Phil Read to Geelong.
Read, a keen surfer, signed with Geelong's VFL team this week after he was delisted by the Demons at the end of last season.
The 27-year-old, who was best on ground for Melbourne's affiliate club Sandringham in last year's VFL grand final win over Geelong, has started training with the Cats, but will miss up to 12 matches during this season due to suspension and work commitments.
Read was rubbed out for four weeks for striking Geelong's Mathew Stokes in the VFL grand final and will also travel overseas mid-year for an eight-week work commitment.
But the Cats were still desperate to entice the hard-running rover to the club to add much-needed experience to their young VFL list. ”He is just about the perfect player for our VFL system,'' coach Leigh Tudor said. ”We have got a lot of younger on our AFL list, so we need a couple of players like James Byrne and Phil Read who have played a little bit of footy and can handle the knocks and lead the way with the strength stuff.
”We got hold of him through Cameron Ling. They have got some mutual surf buddies and at the end of the year when Phil was delisted from Melbourne we thought we should give him a ring. ”It just worked out from there that our system was what he was looking for so we're really excited to get him.''
Read said he had been undecided whether he would play this season due to his overseas work placement.
”But I spoke to Leigh Tudor and he convinced me that any involvement in the club would be awesome for them,'' Read said. ”I just love Geelong and love Torquay and have mates that live down there, so it all kind of fit in for me. ”They have such a good young squad down there so hopefully guys like James Byrne and I can help them out a fair bit around the packs and give them some confidence.''
Read said he had walked away from AFL football very proud of what he had achieved both with the Eagles and the Demons.
”The AFL journey has given me a huge head start in life,'' he said. ``I really enjoyed my first three years at West Coast where I stepped straight into the side and played every game for three years with the Wooshas (John Worsfold) and Blueys (Guy McKenna) and all those great players. That was probably the highlight of my career.''
But after he was overlooked by Melbourne's selectors following six best on grounds in a row for Sandringham last season, he knew that his journey was coming to an end.
“Melbourne was always very supportive of me and they decided to go with their young kids who really stepped up last year and that sits fine with me.''

:) where are you tosser?

Sorry to spoil your fun but no truth whatsoever in Harvey and Quinn leaving, haven't missed a beat so far in the pre season. Chopper has confirmed that if he's given the o.k to only commit to half a season down the Princes Fwy (which in my opinion would be very strange), he will play there, otherwise he's s.s&d at the mores. Juliand (that is definately a girls name) i will stand corrected if you prove to be right on this one.
Quote:

Read a Cat rover

Rolling waves and a new football challenge have lured former Melbourne and West Coast midfielder Phil Read to Geelong.
Read, a keen surfer, signed with Geelong's VFL team this week after he was delisted by the Demons at the end of last season.
The 27-year-old, who was best on ground for Melbourne's affiliate club Sandringham in last year's VFL grand final win over Geelong, has started training with the Cats, but will miss up to 12 matches during this season due to suspension and work commitments.
Read was rubbed out for four weeks for striking Geelong's Mathew Stokes in the VFL grand final and will also travel overseas mid-year for an eight-week work commitment.
But the Cats were still desperate to entice the hard-running rover to the club to add much-needed experience to their young VFL list. ”He is just about the perfect player for our VFL system,'' coach Leigh Tudor said. ”We have got a lot of younger on our AFL list, so we need a couple of players like James Byrne and Phil Read who have played a little bit of footy and can handle the knocks and lead the way with the strength stuff.
”We got hold of him through Cameron Ling. They have got some mutual surf buddies and at the end of the year when Phil was delisted from Melbourne we thought we should give him a ring. ”It just worked out from there that our system was what he was looking for so we're really excited to get him.''
Read said he had been undecided whether he would play this season due to his overseas work placement.
”But I spoke to Leigh Tudor and he convinced me that any involvement in the club would be awesome for them,'' Read said. ”I just love Geelong and love Torquay and have mates that live down there, so it all kind of fit in for me. ”They have such a good young squad down there so hopefully guys like James Byrne and I can help them out a fair bit around the packs and give them some confidence.''
Read said he had walked away from AFL football very proud of what he had achieved both with the Eagles and the Demons.
”The AFL journey has given me a huge head start in life,'' he said. ``I really enjoyed my first three years at West Coast where I stepped straight into the side and played every game for three years with the Wooshas (John Worsfold) and Blueys (Guy McKenna) and all those great players. That was probably the highlight of my career.''
But after he was overlooked by Melbourne's selectors following six best on grounds in a row for Sandringham last season, he knew that his journey was coming to an end.
“Melbourne was always very supportive of me and they decided to go with their young kids who really stepped up last year and that sits fine with me.''

With the probable delay to the start of the season, his suspension causing him to miss the first 4 games and break mid season to travel, his options other than VFL were very limited.

G'day.. don't know if this has been posted, but was on the EDFL website:

Current Drought Situation EDFL

To All EDFL Clubs: We are asking ALL CLUB PRESIDENTS to attend a meeting at the EDFL Headquarters next Tuesday night at 7.30PM to review the Grounds, Drought situation.

At this stage Diamond Valley FL, Southern FL and the VAFA have announced a delay of their seasons due to condition and availability of grounds.
We are calling this President’s meeting to get an update from each club on their club’s grounds situation before a decision is made whether to continue to aim to start the season on 14th April 07 or delay the start of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day.. don't know if this has been posted, but was on the EDFL website:

Current Drought Situation EDFL

To All EDFL Clubs: We are asking ALL CLUB PRESIDENTS to attend a meeting at the EDFL Headquarters next Tuesday night at 7.30PM to review the Grounds, Drought situation.

At this stage Diamond Valley FL, Southern FL and the VAFA have announced a delay of their seasons due to condition and availability of grounds.
We are calling this President’s meeting to get an update from each club on their club’s grounds situation before a decision is made whether to continue to aim to start the season on 14th April 07 or delay the start of the season.

At last some sense there at EDFL Headquarters

Quote:

Read a Cat rover

was i wrong what i said above, particularly in bold????

Are Avondale heights a genuine chance this year?? have they recruited that well?? they seem pretty cocky.. or do they have reason to be??

I'm telling you North...the rains are coming, the Arks nearly completed, just putting the finishing touches on the biddes for all the soft sausages that wont play on firm grounds, were they like this in your day Drebs??
If theres a few stray porkers at Freddies on friday Night, bundle em into the Van but don't take em home to Precious Drebs...drop em off at the Ark as we might need em for breedin purposes...any Roxburg or Craigy girls, please submit resume on this sight to dear "Right On" he's the king when it comes to lassooing largens.....move over Don Smallgoods...good on ya Don, I think he played in the pocket for Moonee Valley.
I think the Drebs should round up a few males too as Abers and Keilor would like that.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back