EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be more and more ex AFL players coming into the comp each year.

Marbi - Wells, Stafford & Murphy
Douttas - King
Keilor - Whitnall
AW - S. Harvey
Sydenham - Berbakov
Strathmore - Joel Reynolds & Simon O'Keefe
KP - Mercuri, Misiti
Pacco - Barker
Craigeburn - Brooks

More to come i'm sure!!!!!!!
would you know if keilor had any luck securing triple premeirship player peter king from seymour for 2008

Douttas - King
Keilor - Whitnall
AW - S. Harvey
Sydenham - Berbakov
KP - Mercuri, Misiti
Pacco - Barker
Craigeburn - Brooks

whitnall playing at lalor

Douttas - King
Keilor - Whitnall
AW - S. Harvey
Sydenham - Berbakov
KP - Mercuri, Misiti
Pacco - Barker
Craigeburn - Brooks

Did I miss some threads, namely the ones where Joel Reynolds and Simon O'Keefe were going to SM........ ??? Is this confirmed. And when did Marby sign Murphy...is that Justin?? and Wells??? Or are u just trying to ruffle feathers????:eek:

Whitnall has signed no where atm, he is being courted by Craigieburn as they are after his cousin who is keen to go there. I reckon the big red would be hopeless, the EDFL would have passed the guy, he would be to slow and would be a massive waste of $$$. Has one of those body types that when its over its over, he wouldnt be able to compete at any level let alone probably the 2nd best metro comp in Victoria.

Whitnall has signed no where atm, he is being courted by Craigieburn as they are after his cousin who is keen to go there. I reckon the big red would be hopeless, the EDFL would have passed the guy, he would be to slow and would be a massive waste of $$$. Has one of those body types that when its over its over, he wouldnt be able to compete at any level let alone probably the 2nd best metro comp in Victoria.

lalor president confirmed whitnall has signed for 2008 at lalor

Also heard Brooks playing at Crazyburn next year - definately good for the league. Also believe Whitnall to play at his junior club Lalor.:thumbsu:

carigieburn will be a lot more competitive next year in a grade should push for finals if all the rumours about signings on here come to fruition. is brooks still fit? how will he go in edfl?

I can tell you now that Whitnall will be playing at his former junior club in Lalor. As for your comments about Big Red being hopeless in the EDFL, that is very funny. He would eaily dominate any minor league. I watched him play in a few VFL games last year and he was just to smart for those players and wasw easily getting a kick, so to drop a level below the VFL he would easily account for any full backman that would try and stand him. He is just to smart and knows where to go to get a kick.

I can tell you now that Whitnall will be playing at his former junior club in Lalor. As for your comments about Big Red being hopeless in the EDFL, that is very funny. He would eaily dominate any minor league. I watched him play in a few VFL games last year and he was just to smart for those players and wasw easily getting a kick, so to drop a level below the VFL he would easily account for any full backman that would try and stand him. He is just to smart and knows where to go to get a kick.

Jorgo would tear him apart. Just like that other ex AFL player in Barnard and every other forward in the EDFL. This kid is seriously talented

I reckon he'd dominate. Big body and smart enough to know how to use it. Look at a bloke like Minton-Connell. Never looked like much of an athlete but somehow always got his opponent out of position. Yeah a good defender would hurt him on the rebound but I think most would have their hands full trying to holdhim.

Did I miss some threads, namely the ones where Joel Reynolds and Simon O'Keefe were going to SM........ ??? Is this confirmed. And when did Marby sign Murphy...is that Justin?? and Wells??? Or are u just trying to ruffle feathers????:eek:

Chris Obst Port Melb captain for the last 3 years has signed at Greenvale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am from the edfl and i have been down to darwin for a footy camp and have been watching whitnal play for palmersten and the only thing he has going for him is his strength however edfl is a lot more body on body than the ntfl. yes he has the brains and knows where t get a kick but he is to lazy to get to those positions ... he would STRUGGLE in edfl!

I am sure you will have him covered next year mate:thumbsu:

i am from the edfl and i have been down to darwin for a footy camp and have been watching whitnal play for palmersten and the only thing he has going for him is his strength however edfl is a lot more body on body than the ntfl. yes he has the brains and knows where t get a kick but he is to lazy to get to those positions ... he would STRUGGLE in edfl!

tassie down darwin up anyway lance can play with my side no problems, don't know why anybody would think hes not up to it at local level, large drop.

Chris Obst Port Melb captain for the last 3 years has signed at Greenvale.

If true this is easily the best signing so far this year, would not surprise at all as good mates with Anthony Aloi, Chris is a very intelligent footballer played a handful of games for Hawthorn.

If true this is easily the best signing so far this year, would not surprise at all as good mates with Anthony Aloi, Chris is a very intelligent footballer played a handful of games for Hawthorn.

Amazing get, I thought Obst may have ended up at Euroa in the GVFL but good on Greenvale if this is true :thumbsu:

A new recruit at an A Grade club may not be that come the start of the season.

Apparently already excepted cashola from his former club for match payments for season 2008.

Very interesting if true................ Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any news out of West Coburg / Oak Park or Avondale. Haven't heard much from these clubs. Is Lloyd going around again for Avondale ?

Try and create two super teams from A Grade clubs only.

You must only use 4 players from each club. However to make up the additional player needed for a 21 man team you can use an extra one from Greenvale or Strathmore.

No more and no less to make it even and more interesting otherwise 80% of the teams would consist of Greenvale and Strathmore players.

You can only use players that played in the EDFL last year and will be there in 2008.

You must also use two players from each club in each team.

Here is mine!

TEAM 1

B: S. Boake (OP) T. Jorgenson (G) R. Marcy (K)
HB: F. Mastropasqua (AH) M. James (K) P. Docherty (DS)
C: B. Gordon (C) B. Lloyd (AH) A. Ramsay (DS)
HF: C. Runnalls (A) A. Winter (S) S. Kenna (C)
F: L. Gray (MP) W. Foster (OP) A. Flavel (WC)
R: M. Quinn (S) R. Haoucher (MP) D. Bicer (G)
I: A. Dennis (A) J. Smith (WC) J. Rohan (G)

TEAM 2

B: F. Ahmad (WC) D. Zahra (K) P. Lenne (G)
HB: M. Obrien (S) C. Trewin (AH) J. Laverde (DS)
C: D. May (S) R. Pekes (G) S. Broadbent (MP)
HF: K. Carey (DS) S. Sheppard (A) B. Argus (OP)
F: S. Tankard (DS) T. Harvey (S) D, Nolan (C)
R: E. Destanovic (WC) L. Owen (AH) M. Egan (A)
I: A. Lambropoulos (K) N. Pappin (C) A. Sapiano (OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back