EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

this aged horribly, pretty sure they lost by more then EK and didn’t have 6 out and play 3/4 with no bench and 50 mins with 17 on the field like EK did.... Imagine if strathmore had a full side also

Like I said mate they are the best team in the comp.

Abers are for me but Strathmore are going very well and huge momentum. Key players Jarred and O’Brien not required when Pacco struggled to get to half forward all day. Mores midfield dominate again and small forwards unstoppable in messy conditions.
Pacco lose by 51, Ek by 50 … stretch mate 😂 and plenty of junk time goals at Overland last week, it was 70+ half way through the 3rd!

Pacco did beat EK by 10 goals as well. Might just have to accept the finals dream is over for this season mate. A new coach, more recruits and bucket load more envelopes for 2023

Abers are for me but Strathmore are going very well and huge momentum. Key players Jarred and O’Brien not required when Pacco struggled to get to half forward all day. Mores midfield dominate again and small forwards unstoppable in messy conditions.
Pacco lose by 51, Ek by 50 … stretch mate and plenty of junk time goals at Overland last week, it was 70+ half way through the 3rd!

Pacco did beat EK by 10 goals as well. Might just have to accept the finals dream is over for this season mate. A new coach, more recruits and bucket load more envelopes for 2023

lol mate can tell how salty you are from your comment. what don’t you understand about 6 out, 18 players for 3/4 and 17 on field for 50 mins. PV would of got done by 80+ in those circumstances.

Obviously pacco beat EK we had 6 out with injury and a further 3 with covid mate,that’s half a side and no coach. But the end of the day all that matters is the 4 points and EK and PV are 1-1.

This conversation of who is better is pointless because like I said they are 1-1 and won’t play each other again this season, but was great seeing how well your comment aged.

If you’re ruling out EK from finals already when they could possibly go 4th next week Then your delusional. Will be nice to see how this comment ages, will be interesting to see what you say then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lol mate can tell how salty you are from your comment. what don’t you understand about 6 out, 18 players for 3/4 and 17 on field for 50 mins. PV would of got done by 80+ in those circumstances.

Obviously pacco beat EK we had 6 out with injury and a further 3 with covid mate,that’s half a side and no coach. But the end of the day all that matters is the 4 points and EK and PV are 1-1.

This conversation of who is better is pointless because like I said they are 1-1 and won’t play each other again this season, but was great seeing how well your comment aged.

If you’re ruling out EK from finals already when they could possibly go 4th next week Then your delusional. Will be nice to see how this comment ages, will be interesting to see what you say then.

Time will tell.

I went to strathmore today pacco right in it 20 min 2nd quarter Strathmore go bang three goals in five minutes against the wind game over. I will say a couple of pacco players need to stop ducking their heads to win a free.Also one player in particular needs to win his own ball instead of cherry-picking the crowd we’re on to him and one group in particular gave him hell. If I was coach he wouldn’t get another game.

I went to strathmore today pacco right in it 20 min 2nd quarter Strathmore go bang three goals in five minutes against the wind game over. I will say a couple of pacco players need to stop ducking their heads to win a free.Also one player in particular needs to win his own ball instead of cherry-picking the crowd we’re on to him and one group in particular gave him hell. If I was coach he wouldn’t get another game.

Which Pacco player ?

Crowd behavoir can give this league a poor reputation. Most of this crowd you mentioned are all weak cowards who when confronted absolutely poo there pants. Usually stuff from a certain crowd I might add.

Crowd behavoir can give this league a poor reputation. Most of this crowd you mentioned are all weak cowards who when confronted absolutely poo there pants. Usually stuff from a certain crowd I might add.
You were there to personally witness the crowd behaviour you graphically condemn Turbo? Or have you opportunistically latched onto a fairly innocuous comment from Chickenonachain about the crowd, and decided to put your own spin/bias/mayo on it?

You just can’t help yourself can you?

Last edited:
You were there to personally witness the crowd behaviour you graphically condemn Turbo? Or have you opportunistically latched onto a fairly innocuous comment from Chickenonachain about the crowd, and decided to put your own spin/bias/mayo on it?

You just can’t help yourself can you?
Was there mate for part of the game roaming around. Strathmore to good but I’ve never liked what goes on up there from certain sections and amazed it’s never been pulled into line so I can only guess it’s accepted. I guess the surrounds don’t help as per some other grounds in this league.

Was there mate for part of the game roaming around. Strathmore to good but I’ve never liked what goes on up there from certain sections and amazed it’s never been pulled into line so I can only guess it’s accepted. I guess the surrounds don’t help as per some other grounds in this league.
You were responding to Chickenonachain’s post. What I clearly understood from his post was:

1. A certain Pacco player was blatantly staging for free kicks.

2. Crowd recognised this, and called him out (quite understandably) for his staging.

What you’ve chosen to deduce from his post is:

1. Crowd behaviour must have been appalling. Most of those giving the stager a hard time must be weak cowards.

2. Strathmore crowd is renowned for it anyway.

Like I said, you just can’t help yourself.

When you stick to the facts Turbo, you are a good poster, and make a valuable contribution to the many threads you patronise. However, on the flip side, too often you can’t resist the temptation to bend the truth, embellish, exaggerate, and straight out fabricate.

And then you wonder why people get irritated.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players that copped shit were 2 ex strathmore players. (Yamak, sikora). Why they copped it . Well yamak got kicked out of strathmore for his and his families behaviour. Just never met the standards. Sikora deserves everything he got. Weak slow and unfit. He’s a fraud. The crowd was never confronted and aren’t weak cowards, they are the players that embarrassed your reserves. If anyone is weak here it’s paco for the performance the club dished out yesterday.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The players that copped s**t were 2 ex strathmore players. (Yamak, sikora). Why they copped it . Well yamak got kicked out of strathmore for his and his families behaviour. Just never met the standards. Sikora deserves everything he got. Weak slow and unfit. He’s a fraud. The crowd was never confronted and aren’t weak cowards, they are the players that embarrassed your reserves. If anyone is weak here it’s paco for the performance the club dished out yesterday.

Sika only played 1 year at Strathmore after he was poached from Pacco by huge $$$ to move across. That’s the only reason he left. You should at least acknowledge that.
And another thing is his a decent guy who is having a pretty good year actually. Not sure his unfit as he covers the ground ok for a big bloke.

Yes I know it’s the reserves blokes who seem to get drunk on 2-3 cans and like to abuse players. I also recall about 4-5 years ago them abusing a Pacco player who actually walked over and confronted them and they sh@@ there pants. To be honest even his Strathmore opponent was disgusted in the words coming from there mouths and actually left the next year I believe to go play country footy.

Anyway I think we have different opinions on crowd behaviour as I just prefer to watch the game and respect majority of players that front up each week. You prefer the opposite I guess. Only dislike for me is king hits or cheap shots then I guess they maybe deserve some words.

Both teams had 6-7 of their best 22 not playing... Not even bothering going through all the players who didn't play. Strathmore were too good, Pacco didn't adjust. If YOU'RE going to start making stupid comments regarding who/who wasn't playing check the facts before hand so you don't look like a goose.

You were responding to Chickenonachain’s post. What I clearly understood from his post was:

1. A certain Pacco player was blatantly staging for free kicks.

2. Crowd recognised this, and called him out (quite understandably) for his staging.

What you’ve chosen to deduce from his post is:

1. Crowd behaviour must have been appalling. Most of those giving the stager a hard time must be weak cowards.

2. Strathmore crowd is renowned for it anyway.

Like I said, you just can’t help yourself.

When you stick to the facts Turbo, you are a good poster, and make a valuable contribution to the many threads you patronise. However, on the flip side, too often you can’t resist the temptation to bend the truth, embellish, exaggerate, and straight out fabricate.

And then you wonder why people get irritated.
Ummm you do realise this is a Internet forum not a court of law where turbo has to swear on the bible to post? Me thinks that turbo lives in your head and you can’t shake the tag 🤣😂🤔

Ummm you do realise this is a Internet forum not a court of law where turbo has to swear on the bible to post? Me thinks that turbo lives in your head and you can’t shake the tag 🤣😂🤔
Yes Ranga, I am aware this forum is not a court of law, but I appreciate you reminding me anyway.

So what you’re suggesting is that when Turbo posts something which is blatantly false, (which is quite often), then it should be allowed to go unchallenged, because it’s just an internet forum after all?

Interesting concept, but methinks not. Internet forums would become pretty boring if we all adopted that rationale.
🤣😂😇

The players that copped s**t were 2 ex strathmore players. (Yamak, sikora). Why they copped it . Well yamak got kicked out of strathmore for his and his families behaviour. Just never met the standards. Sikora deserves everything he got. Weak slow and unfit. He’s a fraud. The crowd was never confronted and aren’t weak cowards, they are the players that embarrassed your reserves. If anyone is weak here it’s paco for the performance the club dished out yesterday.

Not involved with either Mores or Pacco...
I think everyone would agree there is a difference between good banter and straight out abuse... Those peanuts(cowards, whatever they are to be referred as) drinking cans and abusing invite confrontation and unfortunately expose the risk of someone being hurt... The mores aren't the only ones with a reputation of this, but since they are the subject club being discussed you would think with the club being so strong with their on field performances their committee would address it , if not for how bad it makes the club look but the risk of inviting violence and someone getting seriously hurt, because by then it's way too late....
In regards to getting stuck into players who leave(or are kicked out), no-one would have an issue with that as long as it doesn't turn into abuse....

I was there the previous week when they played EK, some of the comments directed at #27 from EK were pretty rank.. they did get a rise out of him but it struck me how much courage it took for the 20 or so of them to single out an individual who had done nothing whatsoever.
I think it's only a matter of time where a family member will hear the comments and this will erupt into something that won't reflect great on the club or league, if this is happening on a regular basis someone from the club should tell them to pull their heads in.

Who makes 2nd through 4th (Assuming Aberfeldie finish 1st) currently 2 games clear with a game in hand!
Also assuming no upsets in the last 5 weeks.

Remaining Games
Keilor
Avondale (Away)
Doutta (Away)
Glenroy (Home)
East Keilor (Away)
Pascoe Vale (Home)

Likely 3 wins and give them home win v Pacco and loss against EK Away (so 4/5) will finish with 13.5 wins

East Keilor
Marby (Away)
Aberfeldie (Home)
Avondale (Away)
Keilor (Home)
Glenroy (Away)

Likely 2 wins. Avondale and Glenroy, Win v Keilor at home, loss v Abers and MUST win v Marby this week (4/5 wins) will finish with 13 wins

Pascoe Vale
Marby (Home)
Aberfeldie (Away)
Avondale (Home)
Keilor (Away)

Likely 2 wins Marby and Avondale, loss Abers and loss Keilor both away games will finish on 12 wins

Strathmore
Greenvale (Away)
Doutta (Home)
Marby (Home)
Aberfeldie (Away)

Likely 3 wins and loss to Aberfeldie will finish on 13 wins

So in summary to make finals-

1- Pascoe Vale must beat Abers and possibly even Keilor to get to 13 or 14 wins
2 -East Keilor have to beat Abers or Keilor (play Keilor at home) can afford to drop 1 of 5 games
3- Keilor have to beat Pacco or East Keilor can afford to drop 1 of 5 games

Last edited:
Who makes 2nd through 4th (Assuming Aberfeldie finish 1st) currently 2 games clear with a game in hand!
Also assuming no upsets in the last 5 weeks.

Remaining Games
Keilor
Avondale (Away)
Doutta (Away)
Glenroy (Home)
East Keilor (Away)
Pascoe Vale (Home)

Likely 3 wins and give them home win v Pacco and loss against EK Away (so 4/5) will finish with 13.5 wins

East Keilor
Marby (Away)
Aberfeldie (Home)
Avondale (Away)
Keilor (Home)
Glenroy (Away)

Likely 2 wins. Avondale and Glenroy, Win v Keilor at home, loss v Abers and MUST win v Marby this week (4/5 wins) will finish with 13 wins

Pascoe Vale
Marby (Home)
Aberfeldie (Away)
Avondale (Home)
Keilor (Away)

Likely 2 wins Marby and Avondale, loss Abers and loss Keilor both away games will finish on 12 wins

Strathmore
Greenvale (Away)
Doutta (Home)
Marby (Home)
Aberfeldie (Away)

Likely 3 wins and loss to Aberfeldie will finish on 13 wins

So in summary to make finals-

1- Pascoe Vale must beat Abers and possibly even Keilor to get to 13 or 14 wins
2 -East Keilor have to beat Abers or Keilor (play Keilor at home) can afford to drop 1 of 5 games
3- Keilor have to beat Pacco or East Keilor can afford to drop 1 of 5 games
Great summary, Definitely the best premier home and away season in recent years!

Great summary, Definitely the best premier home and away season in recent years!
Other than EK challenging it’s still the same top 4 as per recent seasons. The gap appears to have widen somewhat after the top 5. The results are closer but than can be attributed to the weather and ground conditions. What’s the thoughts of others as to me it’s the same teams up there every year. Abers, Keilor, Strathmore with Pacco definitely improving. Are these the clubs with the best juniors ladder wise???? If so how do we even it out more??

Other than EK challenging it’s still the same top 4 as per recent seasons. The gap appears to have widen somewhat after the top 5. The results are closer but than can be attributed to the weather and ground conditions. What’s the thoughts of others as to me it’s the same teams up there every year. Abers, Keilor, Strathmore with Pacco definitely improving. Are these the clubs with the best juniors ladder wise???? If so how do we even it out more??
Marby finished 4th last season 6 points ahead of PV, obviously the full season didn't play out. But still a different top 4.

I would say the big 3 in Abbers, Keilor and Strathmore by far have the most depth. Therefore when they get multiple injuries to key players for long periods of times they wont be affected as others would. That is the biggest difference between the clubs id say. Obviously the more juniors a team has the more variety and depth they have at senior level, but not really a way to fix that, for example U18's are becoming extinct to many clubs.

Only way i can think of a solution is maybe limit the amount of registered teams a club can have in each age group? Maybe then kids will venture out to neighbouring clubs rather then be attracted to the most popular club in their area codes.

Not sure to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back