EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

on the subject of fitness i was walking dog earlier tonight around DOuttas junior training and I thought i was back in my era of the 80s seeing to groups of what looked like about under 12s at best doing old school indian file ha ha. adult in charge running out front like he was steve monegheti barking orders. if i was paying my $400-$500 id want my daughter (or son) touching the footies a bit more at such a young age not being shown up by a grown man who takes one long easy bound to every 3-4 steps of a little ome

Where’s big Shaun McKernan at? Still not named for the mores

Was in Europe for the first 4, currently in Bali…. Source : instagram

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given all the unsubstantiated claims constantly spewed out on this forum, I thought I might check the facts. (Yes, folks there are actually facts that can support allegations). So, what did I find to prosecute the unscrupulous Keilor Football Club. Well, last Saturday there were 13 A-Grade players who never came through Keilor juniors- (leaving 9 who were Keilor juniors)

7 came to the club as senior players, none from EDFL clubs,

3 played Junior football at other EDFL clubs where none played past U14 level, all these players have been at Keilor for 8 or more years. Obviously a very long-term plan.

One came from St Bernards Juniors in 2005. (that’s 19 years ago for the mathematically challenged.)

So that leaves 2 players who were “pillaged’ from other EDFL clubs at U16 level and they’ve been at Keilor since 2016. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story hey. It could possibly appear that Keilor’s success may possibly be due to decades of hard work and stability, hardly characteristics of some other clubs featuring on this forum.

‘Pillaged’ is strong terminology. Interested to know what facts you have behind the ‘pillaging’. Were they the kids who went to Keilor when the club they were at couldn’t get a 16’s side up?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back