EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think the edfl and wrfl need to merge and so do clubs from both leagues. Both leagues are obviously struggling with numbers amongst more than a few clubs and blowout victories across both leagues almost commonplace. Reality is there are far too many clubs within basically a 40 kn radius for the present situation be allowed to continue. Not many clubs have tremendous input from volunteers and it is obvious that most who do the heavy lifting at clubs are on the wrong side of 60. Fair and reasonable discussion on this topic would be appreciated because in my view Metro footy has no more than 10 years left to run if the changes are not made very very soon. The AFL does not care about Metro and country football only the juniors they produce.
I agree with some of this.

I think Albanvale should take over DP, too small an area for two clubs !

I really think the edfl and wrfl need to merge and so do clubs from both leagues. Both leagues are obviously struggling with numbers amongst more than a few clubs and blowout victories across both leagues almost commonplace. Reality is there are far too many clubs within basically a 40 kn radius for the present situation be allowed to continue. Not many clubs have tremendous input from volunteers and it is obvious that most who do the heavy lifting at clubs are on the wrong side of 60. Fair and reasonable discussion on this topic would be appreciated because in my view Metro footy has no more than 10 years left to run if the changes are not made very very soon. The AFL does not care about Metro and country football only the juniors they produce.
On this subject it would be interesting to hear what the edfl hierarchy think of the competition at present. Personally think the league’s reputation has been lowered as it appears to be a very, very, one side premier competition. That’s not great in anyone’s mind outside of keilor. Crowds at finals will be the lowest for a long time!!
You can already give keilor the reserves and thirds flags now as well. So boring

Also reading and hearing of many issues with thirds footy. Last week seen a Taylor’s Lakes player received multiple weeks, I think 10, for a king hit which will see him deregistered and potentially facing legal proceedings due to the players injuries.

Under 16 div5 game seen a player and offical get 14weeks for assaulting and spitting on an umpire. Plus that team was disqualified from playing last weekend.
WTF only 14weeks?? Both should get life bans and the team have there total points wiped up to that point so they go to last on the ladder.

On this subject it would be interesting to hear what the edfl hierarchy think of the competition at present. Personally think the league’s reputation has been lowered as it appears to be a very, very, one side premier competition. That’s not great in anyone’s mind outside of keilor. Crowds at finals will be the lowest for a long time!!
You can already give keilor the reserves and thirds flags now as well. So boring

Also reading and hearing of many issues with thirds footy. Last week seen a Taylor’s Lakes player received multiple weeks, I think 10, for a king hit which will see him deregistered and potentially facing legal proceedings due to the players injuries.

Under 16 div5 game seen a player and offical get 14weeks for assaulting and spitting on an umpire. Plus that team was disqualified from playing last weekend.
WTF only 14weeks?? Both should get life bans and the team have there total points wiped up to that point so they go to last on the ladder.
Was once a strong well-respected club the Roys , sadly hasn't been that way in a long time

Back in the 70s and 80s in many metro leagues, an action like that towards an umpire got an instant 25 years, no matter the player's previous record.

They were always reported in the Sun and would always have a headline like 'Footballer Gets Life!" and some would finish with a statement along the lines of the player may be eligible to play again when he is 49 years old.

Back in the 70s and 80s in many metro leagues, an action like that towards an umpire got an instant 25 years, no matter the player's previous record.

They were always reported in the Sun and would always have a headline like 'Footballer Gets Life!" and some would finish with a statement along the lines of the player may be eligible to play again when he is 49 years old.
Yep 25 years , Name and Shame.. There is NO EXCUSE

Personally, I would like to see the Senior team punished for these acts. I guarantee a club would pull its juniors into line if they knew that the seniors would lose premiership points or suffer some other form of punishment if their juniors played up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I would like to see the Senior team punished for these acts. I guarantee a club would pull its juniors into line if they knew that the seniors would lose premiership points or suffer some other form of punishment if their juniors played up.
I understand your point but I can't agree with it. The Roy's are a prime example - they have struggled to keep the place open for years now, the hard working committee who have spent many hours just to get junior sides on the park in the hope that will help their survival can't be punished for 1 idiot(and his d*ckhead father). If the umpires or opposition officials report that the problem is wider spread in that team(more players/supporters acting like idiots/violent/abusive), then ban that team but don't devastate the club unless it is widespread over multiple teams.. Gotta look at the bigger picture , the good people of Glenroy would be most devastated by this.

I understand your point but I can't agree with it. The Roy's are a prime example - they have struggled to keep the place open for years now, the hard working committee who have spent many hours just to get junior sides on the park in the hope that will help their survival can't be punished for 1 idiot(and his d*ckhead father). If the umpires or opposition officials report that the problem is wider spread in that team(more players/supporters acting like idiots/violent/abusive), then ban that team but don't devastate the club unless it is widespread over multiple teams.. Gotta look at the bigger picture , the good people of Glenroy would be most devastated by this.
Fair comment.
I can only hope the leaders at Glenroy have read the riot act to their u16 team.

Most of these umpires are only kids doing it for some pocket money and the love of the game. They do not deserve to be threatened and abused. It’s completely unacceptable.

Strathmore reserves beat Keilors reserves on Good Friday so I wouldn’t be giving them the flag now turbo

Heath Shaw back to EK on there social pages.

ZERO tolerance for umpire abuse, verbal and/or physical.
Disgraceful act by nothing more than cowards. How would they like it if someone came to their workplace and abused them.
Just as disgraceful is the outcome given by the INCOMPTENT EDFL, 100% should been given life bans for physical abuse. Good luck trying to recruit umpires if you don’t protect them.
Any player or official that gets suspended for umpire abuse should have to umpire the same amount of games they were suspended for and should not be allowed back until all penalty weeks have been served.

Thirds players should be given double suspension weeks and if any single player gets suspended for maybe 6-8 weeks for one incident or if a team has 2 games canceled due to meles then the whole team should be expelled from the competition for the remainder of the season. Most players in the Thirds are there to finish off their careers or those who can’t train for two nights or those who work Saturdays etc. A bit of community fun on a Friday night with your mates. Always gonna be the odd scuffle but no room for hero’s. Go boxing if you wanna fight, players don’t expect to be king hit or cowardly punched in todays footy.

And no good reasons for the INCOMPETENT EDFL to hide tribunal results, doesn’t make sense, need to get much better EDFL.

Just my opinions.

ZERO tolerance for umpire abuse, verbal and/or physical.
Disgraceful act by nothing more than cowards. How would they like it if someone came to their workplace and abused them.
Just as disgraceful is the outcome given by the INCOMPTENT EDFL, 100% should been given life bans for physical abuse. Good luck trying to recruit umpires if you don’t protect them.
Any player or official that gets suspended for umpire abuse should have to umpire the same amount of games they were suspended for and should not be allowed back until all penalty weeks have been served.

Thirds players should be given double suspension weeks and if any single player gets suspended for maybe 6-8 weeks for one incident or if a team has 2 games canceled due to meles then the whole team should be expelled from the competition for the remainder of the season. Most players in the Thirds are there to finish off their careers or those who can’t train for two nights or those who work Saturdays etc. A bit of community fun on a Friday night with your mates. Always gonna be the odd scuffle but no room for hero’s. Go boxing if you wanna fight, players don’t expect to be king hit or cowardly punched in todays footy.

And no good reasons for the INCOMPETENT EDFL to hide tribunal results, doesn’t make sense, need to get much better EDFL.

Just my opinions.
R u related to turbo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back