EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On this subject it would be interesting to hear what the edfl hierarchy think of the competition at present. Personally think the league’s reputation has been lowered as it appears to be a very, very, one side premier competition. That’s not great in anyone’s mind outside of keilor. Crowds at finals will be the lowest for a long time!!
You can already give keilor the reserves and thirds flags now as well. So boring

Also reading and hearing of many issues with thirds footy. Last week seen a Taylor’s Lakes player received multiple weeks, I think 10, for a king hit which will see him deregistered and potentially facing legal proceedings due to the players injuries.

Under 16 div5 game seen a player and offical get 14weeks for assaulting and spitting on an umpire. Plus that team was disqualified from playing last weekend.
WTF only 14weeks?? Both should get life bans and the team have there total points wiped up to that point so they go to last on the ladder.
WRFL grand final crowds have been better than EDFL grand final crowds for years. Last year I went to both and I can assure you the venue, the mood of the crowd at the wrfl was far superior to the edfl. Mind you kiosk at wrfl finals was pathetic.

Terrific to see the investment Keilor have made in the away teams coaches box and that they have learn't to manage with their own even though it clearly needs an upgrade.

Terrific to see the investment Keilor have made in the away teams coaches box and that they have learn't to manage with their own even though it clearly needs an upgrade.
Gee whiz mate now you’re going wide and far. It’s the same as other clubs have for away coaches boxes in this league. Nothing wrong with it imo..

WRFL grand final crowds have been better than EDFL grand final crowds for years. Last year I went to both and I can assure you the venue, the mood of the crowd at the wrfl was far superior to the edfl. Mind you kiosk at wrfl finals was pathetic.
EDFL crowds for some reason arent the best, low numbers and a boring vibe at times which is a surprise as there is some very good football played in EDFL. I havent been to a WRFL match in a long time so I can't remember what the atmosphere was like but went to the 2022 RDFNL GF and the crowd as HUGE at Romsey. Of late I've noticed some good crowds in the Friday night clubbies games, not sure if it's a Sunbury thing or not though but it's good to see.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
EDFL crowds for some reason arent the best, low numbers and a boring vibe at times which is a surprise as there is some very good football played in EDFL. I havent been to a WRFL match in a long time so I can't remember what the atmosphere was like but went to the 2022 RDFNL GF and the crowd as HUGE at Romsey.

It could be because supporters are sick of the same club(s) winning it yearly. Why turn up if the result is inevitable?

It could be because supporters are sick of the same club(s) winning it yearly. Why turn up if the result is inevitable?
Or more to the point , same clubs playing against each other, really doesn't matter who wins... Lack of competition in any market kills the market... Pacco have been a breath of fresh air last few years but havn't been able to make it to the GF , fingers crossed for them this year as that might create some interest from followers outside of Keilor/Mores and Abers

EDFL crowds for some reason arent the best, low numbers and a boring vibe at times which is a surprise as there is some very good football played in EDFL. I havent been to a WRFL match in a long time so I can't remember what the atmosphere was like but went to the 2022 RDFNL GF and the crowd as HUGE at Romsey. Of late I've noticed some good crowds in the Friday night clubbies games, not sure if it's a Sunbury thing or not though but it's good to see.

I went to an EDFL GF a few years ago and they weren't even selling beer

Even better is Mick can watch the races from his and not even have to worry about the opposition last week!!! At least their bench is on the opposite side of the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Sunbury Kangas won a Radio competition for best canteen... Just throwing it out there, what's everyone's thoughts on best Premier Canteen and why? Gotta admit I havn't ventured to the canteen as much as I usually do , but earlier in the year got a schnitzel roll from AH and it was one of the best I've eaten. Then had one at Pacco which was right up there also

I see Sunbury Kangas won a Radio competition for best canteen... Just throwing it out there, what's everyone's thoughts on best Premier Canteen and why? Gotta admit I havn't ventured to the canteen as much as I usually do , but earlier in the year got a schnitzel roll from AH and it was one of the best I've eaten. Then had one at Pacco which was right up there also
Marby’s tent burgers pretty hard to beat..

I like windy hill and it’s great for the players but not ideal viewing as it’s really only 60% of the ground you can stand at. Think that attributes to low crowds..

Deer Park by a mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back