EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Portarlington FC in the Bellarine FNL have announced the signing of Deer Park ruckman Scott Greenough today. Big Scottie who milked every available $$$$$ out of his career at the Lions gets to the Demons for about $36K to play closer to home which isn't much of a pay cut from what he was getting paid at Deer Park.
Scotty was far from milking DP.
He was much loved and loved the club.
He trained hard and his young family would travel each week and watch each week.
I wish him luck at PFC.

If he is contracted to Keilor then he hasn’t really got anyone to blame but himself if not released. Mick has set a precedence and how important Rueben is to them, find it highly unlikely he will get to Newport.
Reuben is 7 points at Keilor so letting him go releases a burden, surely theres some good kids from their reserves or 18s who could take his spot

Pascoe Vale throwing money at Sam Weideman, Brayden Pruess and are in communication against Strathmore for Caleb Marchbanks signature. Looking to replace the Watson sized hole.

Vavra also a no show at the BNF. Expect him to be looking at offers elsewhere. Few division 2 Eastern sides throwing big sign on fee offers towards the the Griff’s ruckman.

West Coburg in talks with Digby Morrell as they look at get over the hump.

Pascoe Vale throwing money at Sam Weideman, Brayden Pruess and are in communication against Strathmore for Caleb Marchbanks signature. Looking to replace the Watson sized hole.

Vavra also a no show at the BNF. Expect him to be looking at offers elsewhere. Few division 2 Eastern sides throwing big sign on fee offers towards the the Griff’s ruckman.

Like your work Whispy

back from a little road trip up north and day 2 at home it’s bucketing down. catching up on 3 weeks of big footy action and not much seems to be changing. the comparisons around standards will continue after i watched echuca in there grand final. it is different football but by god they were impressive.

no real surprises around appointments and announcements at club level.

Aren't you from DP. ?

They wouldn't know culture if it slapped them in the face.
Correct
Werribee Districts have a chance now we are gone .... Heavily backed favorite and failed to get over the line in the granny .... Is that great culture ? Or W.A.P

Winning premiership cups and drinking out of them can slap me in the face all day long .....

Correct
Werribee Districts have a chance now we are gone .... Heavily backed favorite and failed to get over the line in the granny .... Is that great culture ? Or W.A.P

Winning premiership cups and drinking out of them can slap me in the face all day long .....

Irony is WD defeated DP comfortably in DP's last ever game in the WRFL. In fact they beat DP the last 2 times they played them.

Last edited:

Preuss makes sense as he worked with Tudor at North, and Weideman worked with Tudor at ess
Don't be surprised if Greenvale have a crack at Weideman too given Bewick coached him at eastern 18s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back