EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing this about Pacco being inconsistent?

We need to remember this is a very new group and totally different playing list from previous years as well as coaching group headed by Digby Morrell who has been to Windy Hill 3 times on GF day for 2 cups lost one by 2 points after an undefeated year against Greenvale.

Gone from 2018 best 22:
Kyle Hardingham
Ben Ross
Lachie Hansen
Gavin Urquardt
Daniel Harris
Craig Anderson
Shane Allan
Brad Inglis
Sam Caruso

Plus add the 2 below who are currently at Pacco but injured and haven’t played this season.
Eamon Ogden (injured will return )
Giles Guest (injured knee out for season) will return in 2020

The list was rebuilt with youth and hardened local footy talent with some VFL flavour under Digby’s direction.

I reckon it’s an amazing result 1st year into a rebuild , take 11 players out of any side and it could take several years to get it back on track .

Not sure what more you can do on the consistency front other than win all the games they should (the Glenroy draw last quarter was inconsistent 10 more scoring shots ,and still 27 shots on goal in total to throw that away they went to sleep) and be competitive with the teams above (no one else below Pacco has beaten Abers or Keilor) only two sides they haven’t beat as at round 10.

Looks consistent bar Glenroy:
Greenvale L 28 points
Douttas W 43 points
Keilor L 4 points
Strathmore W 66 points
Marby W 54 points
Glenroy Draw 10.17.77 to 12.5.77
Avondale W 25 points
Abers L 21 points
Airport West W 79 points
Greenvale W 42 points

Need to double check this but they are keeping sides to low scores plus kicking good winning totals hence there good % think they are 2nd in comp for scores against which shows a good consistent defensive mindset they haven’t been smashed or thrown it away in their losses and have not lost at home at all this season .

All in all I think people are applying the old Pacco tag that was justified for the ex AFL crew that picked and choosed a bit and the fact is that was last year.

The NEW look Panthers are tracking well and building momentum. 👍

Cheers..
That’s great report turbo how are there 2s and 3rds travelling this year.
What’s coming up from there juniors
I hear 19s lucky to get 5-7 at training and playing with 18 every week and 3rds boys doubling up only making up numbers on the 2nds let’s hope injuries don’t come at the wrong of the year as this will test your performance of a club shouldn’t rely on seniors only should be judged as senior squad not just the 1s.
Thoughts???

That’s great report turbo how are there 2s and 3rds travelling this year.
What’s coming up from there juniors
I hear 19s lucky to get 5-7 at training and playing with 18 every week and 3rds boys doubling up only making up numbers on the 2nds let’s hope injuries don’t come at the wrong of the year as this will test your performance of a club shouldn’t rely on seniors only should be judged as senior squad not just the 1s.
Thoughts???

Travelling ok at 2’s level, did ok against a very good Greenvale 2’s outfit on the weekend but struggling being 3 from the bottom of the ladder and like a lot of clubs struggling to field 19’s with some clubs not even fielding a side.

BUT your point is taken Pacco like most EDFL clubs are under represented in junior talent with elite kids and parents gravitating to the Keilors, Abers, Strathmore the below article shows how concentrated the junior talent pool is at a few clubs.

I think pacco this year under Digby’s direction has done a super job with getting their juniors back to the club.

On the weekend the seniors had 8 homegrowns:
Ben Allan (21 -22years old)
Matthew Watson (25 years old)
Damian Petrone (19 years old)
Lachie Stredwick (19 years old)
Josh Cauchi (21 -22years old)
Jesse Boyd(25 years old)
Liam Forbes (22 years old)
Aaron Hilton (17 years old)

This has been the best it’s been since the club came back to premier.

The club is trying hard to get the Vesnaver boys back from Coburg Districts, also Matt King a good kid who had a year off this year.

They probably have a few elite kids in the system like Cartwright, Ben Morgan BUT nothing as strong as the top clubs.

The club is trying very hard to create a quality junior program with Digby Morrell heavily involved with the junior program but a long way to go yet.

Travelling ok at 2’s level, did ok against a very good Greenvale 2’s outfit on the weekend but struggling being 3 from the bottom of the ladder and like a lot of clubs struggling to field 19’s with some clubs not even fielding a side.

BUT your point is taken Pacco like most EDFL clubs are under represented in junior talent with elite kids and parents gravitating to the Keilors, Abers, Strathmore the below article shows how concentrated the junior talent pool is at a few clubs.

I think pacco this year under Digby’s direction has done a super job with getting their juniors back to the club.

On the weekend the seniors had 8 homegrowns:
Ben Allan (21 -22years old)
Matthew Watson (25 years old)
Damian Petrone (19 years old)
Lachie Stredwick (19 years old)
Josh Cauchi (21 -22years old)
Jesse Boyd(25 years old)
Liam Forbes (22 years old)
Aaron Hilton (17 years old)

This has been the best it’s been since the club came back to premier.

The club is trying hard to get the Vesnaver boys back from Coburg Districts, also Matt King a good kid who had a year off this year.

They probably have a few elite kids in the system like Cartwright, Ben Morgan BUT nothing as strong as the top clubs.

The club is trying very hard to create a quality junior program with Digby Morrell heavily involved with the junior program but a long way to go yet.
That article is nearly 4 years old Turbo, although I daresay situation may be similar even today. I hadn’t realised that EDS had produced so many elite youngsters. Strathmore on the other hand comparatively few, although you name them as a destination club for talented juniors.

Had a look at Pacco and Greenvale on Saturday. Pascoe Vale pretty impressive. Watson is a beast, so strong. It’s not only the goals he kicks, but also the opportunities he creates for the crumbers. Liked Petrone as well. Is he only 19? Works really hard and a good mark. Needs to improve on his kicking disposal though. Johncock also played well, although no-one seemed to be picking him up. Greenvale were disappointing. Deluca dominated the ruck, and Smith and Maric tried hard.

Having said that I can’t see anyone matching it with Keilor and Abers this season. Just too much talent at their disposal. Both very slick, professional outfits. Would be a major surprise if they don’t play off. Pascoe Vale probably best placed to challenge, but I still reckon a level below the top 2. Either Greenvale or Mores to finish 4th, but that’s as far as they will go.

Last edited:

Brett Eddy (former Port Adelaide player) now currently dominating for Vermont in EFL, is believed to have had conversations with an EDFL prem club. Huge money on the table!! He is the best forward in the EFL by a country mile. Nothing less than 70K to get him across the line.

Brett Eddy (former Port Adelaide player) now currently dominating for Vermont in EFL, is believed to have had conversations with an EDFL prem club. Huge money on the table!! He is the best forward in the EFL by a country mile. Nothing less than 70K to get him across the line.
Which Club?

Also , big round of footy coming up.. Who's everyone's tips to get relegated? And no waiting for the result between Roys and Hgts

No doubt would be a handy signing but for $70k (approx $4k a game) you'd be wanting a little more than 40 goals in 10 games I would've thought. Galea is 5 goals behind him and would be on what $1200-1500 (genuine estimate).

I also don't know who could afford him at that asking price either. $70k is over 25% of the available cap and with your top 4/5 spending most of that already it's hard to see how he would squeeze in at any of those clubs.

No doubt would be a handy signing but for $70k (approx $4k a game) you'd be wanting a little more than 40 goals in 10 games I would've thought. Galea is 5 goals behind him and would be on what $1200-1500 (genuine estimate).

I also don't know who could afford him at that asking price either. $70k is over 25% of the available cap and with your top 4/5 spending most of that already it's hard to see how he would squeeze in at any of those clubs.

70k what BS. Who said that has no idea.

Don’t think his the best forward in the efl either.
Leigh Williams is the best forward in the efl

Galea would be on a fair bit more than $1200-$1500 a game given he's one of Micks assistants..

Which Club?

Also , big round of footy coming up.. Who's everyone's tips to get relegated? And no waiting for the result between Roys and Hgts

APW will be going down, very average football team. Roys and Hgts will do enough to stay up.

Great win by Marby Park yesterday. First time all year they are close to full strength and it showed with a gutsy win after trailing twice in last 1/4 and kicking into a strong breeze. 2 wins on the trot with games against Airport West and EDS next up sitting one game behind Greenvale in 4th position.

Anyone got any info on what transpired between Glenroy and Avondale on the weekend? Game was supposedly called off early due to an injury to a young heights player, hopefully he's OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any info on what transpired between Glenroy and Avondale on the weekend? Game was supposedly called off early due to an injury to a young heights player, hopefully he's OK.

Article is behind the paywall. Nasty neck injury caused the game to finish early.

Just watched the highlights of the Douttas v Pacco game. Gee whiz I know we had a bit of rain but that ground is a cow paddock. No green grass seen inside the fence. Not a great endorsement for the league. I know Paccos ground has come under sone criticism as well. SO my point is when are the councils going to do something about the standard of grounds in this league. Yes there is good money in the EDFL but the grounds are sh@@ compared to some other leagues. Im sure it doesn’t help the umpiring either with them running in mud and puddles. Probably trying hard not to slip over rather than watching the play at times.

Just watched the highlights of the Douttas v Pacco game. Gee whiz I know we had a bit of rain but that ground is a cow paddock. No green grass seen inside the fence. Not a great endorsement for the league. I know Paccos ground has come under sone criticism as well. SO my point is when are the councils going to do something about the standard of grounds in this league. Yes there is good money in the EDFL but the grounds are sh@@ compared to some other leagues. Im sure it doesn’t help the umpiring either with them running in mud and puddles. Probably trying hard not to slip over rather than watching the play at times.
This post must have been on repeat for the last 15 years every July. See ya next year.

Here is something I wish to bring up?

With the amount of junior teams some clubs have and the added responsibilities of club volunteers now with player points, salary cap, player payments etc is there less club supervision at Sunday games than in past years. It would appear to less supporters and way less club officials policing junior games than in past years.
Is this leading to incidents, umpire criticism and imo poor quality junior coaches and officials who are not doing their roles properly.

Some may notice that I have taken down a post or two in the past two days. It seems that some at EDS are willing to spread false information to find out who I am. Unfortunately an innocent party was threatened with violence last Saturday after he had unknowingly passed on this information during a conversation to me and a friend of mine who’s son plays at Abers, because they now believe he is me.

They don’t like what I have been saying over the past few years.

All I can say is I am glad my son left that club and now plays somewhere else.

Some may notice that I have taken down a post or two in the past two days. It seems that some at EDS are willing to spread false information to find out who I am. Unfortunately an innocent party was threatened with violence last Saturday after he had unknowingly passed on this information during a conversation to me and a friend of mine who’s son plays at Abers, because they now believe he is me.

I know who you are and couldn't give a rats toss bag about your grievance with the club. Your son has moved on so why don't you. Let the players,coaches, committee, members and volunteers enjoy their club and their weekends and you can go watch your son play and try and get the same enjoyment. Being bitter and twisted doesn't look good.

I know who you are and couldn't give a rats toss bag about your grievance with the club. Your son has moved on so why don't you. Let the players,coaches, committee, members and volunteers enjoy their club and their weekends and you can go watch your son play and try and get the same enjoyment. Being bitter and twisted doesn't look good.
I have always respected the work you did for the boys so out of that respect I will do as you suggest.

I can’t believe I’m going to feed this little child like need for attention but here we go.
So Newatthat were you asleep when you unwittingly passed on information to yourself.
I mean how do you actually unwittingly pass on information in a conversation.
Did you trick yourself into saying something you didn’t mean to.
By crikey. Mummy didn’t tell you she loved you enough. Ok done. Move on. Get some attention elsewhere than on all 3 divisions here.

Have I moved down the list of the most wanted? 😄😄😄

Turbo, check out the EDFL video of the EDS vs Paco game. 3rd qtr about 25 min mark and watch your ruckman line up the young EDS kid at least 20 metres off the ball. Talk from your players girlfriends on Saturday night is this was spoken about before the game to “welcome” the kid to the big league!!! Disgraceful look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back