EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo you must have an extremely strong sadistic streak in you. That’s the only explanation for saying Craigieburn should stay up if we have a compromised season. Even if we don’t play another game Craigieburn would have to be relegated for their own good, and the integrity of the competition. In their 7 games to date they have suffered defeats of 52, 185, 112, 94, 129, 144 and 252 points. They have a percentage of 19, compared to 57 for the team immediately above them. Their reserves have a percentage of 6. The team immediately above them has a percentage of 51.

They definitely need to drop at least 1 division, if not 2. They could then try and rebuild and stabilise within the division they land in. It does no-one any good for a team to be suffering weekly floggings like Craigieburn have endured so far this season. And nothing would change if they were to stay in Premier division next season. It would probably get worse.

Taylor’s Lakes situation is obviously not as clear cut, as the gap between them and a couple of teams above them is not so great.
Hey mate, I’m saying they shouldn’t drop to help them but not sure forcing them under the current relegation/promotion rule is right due to this covid affected season. That’s all. Yes probably best for them to drop but I’m not the one to make the call. Things can turn quickly but takes work.

Now what about your mores giving Pacco a touch up. Didn’t see that coming.

Hey mate, I’m saying they shouldn’t drop to help them but not sure forcing them under the current relegation/promotion rule is right due to this covid affected season. That’s all. Yes probably best for them to drop but I’m not the one to make the call. Things can turn quickly but takes work.

Now what about your mores giving Pacco a touch up. Didn’t see that coming.
Yes, Mores going along pretty nicely Turbo. I certainly wouldn’t have expected them to beat Pacco by the margin they did though. They’re just taking it 1 week at a time at the moment. Hopefully we’re out of lockdown for their match against Abers on June 12. Should be a good contest.

Keilor still very much the clear favourites for mine. Very professional and disciplined outfit, with no real weaknesses and a lot of depth. Have had a fair few injuries and no Galea for 4-5 weeks, and still winning well. Plus they’ve got McGuane as coach, which must be worth a few extra goals.

Last edited:
Yes, Mores going along pretty nicely Turbo. I certainly wouldn’t have expected them to beat Pacco by the margin they did though. They’re just taking it 1 week at a time at the moment. Hopefully we’re out of lockdown for their match against Abers on June 12. Should be a good contest.

Keilor still very much the clear favourites for mine. Very professional and disciplined outfit, with no real weaknesses and a lot of depth. Have had a fair few injuries and no Galea for 4-5 weeks, and still winning well. Plus they’ve got McGuane as coach, which must be worth a few extra goals.
And I see Gourdis returned in the reserves. Huge player returning. His a star of the competition

I see there aren’t the frequency of posts on these forums as usual. There is always something to keep us entertained from any of the 3 divisions we have interests in. Despite the rivalries, the posters, the characters, good, bad or indifferent, those in the know and those who don’t know, I think we all agree this scenario, pandemic has impacted a lot of footballers, some in their late careers but also many younger footballers, from what I know see and hear.

I really don’t know how I would have coped in the 80‘s, if this had occurred.

Let’s hope clubs can weather this storm, and navigate through this. I hope those u18’s to senior footballers, especially the young players coining through the senior ranks who want to prove themselves keep at it and don’t lose faith. Things will get better. They will.

I see there aren’t the frequency of posts on these forums as usual. There is always something to keep us entertained from any of the 3 divisions we have interests in. Despite the rivalries, the posters, the characters, good, bad or indifferent, those in the know and those who don’t know, I think we all agree this scenario, pandemic has impacted a lot of footballers, some in their late careers but also many younger footballers, from what I know see and hear.

Let’s hope clubs can weather this storm, and navigate through this. I hope those u18’s to senior footballers, especially the young players coining through the senior ranks who want to prove themselves keep at it and don’t lose faith. Things will get better. They will.
A couple of NAB leagues playing this weekend in country vic and some vfl practices , like Carlton v williamstown , how is this happening

there are some nab leagues being played in regional vic and Carlton playing williamstown in the vfl ,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of NAB leagues playing this weekend in country vic and some vfl practices , like Carlton v williamstown , how is this happening

there are some nab leagues being played in regional vic and Carlton playing williamstown in the vfl ,
VFL won’t happen. But NAB league is underage and that is allowed under the new restrictions for regional

I thought you said you wouldn't mention Carlton again! ;)

Last edited:
It’s 17, 18 and 19 years old the nab league

The AFL wishes to advise of an update regarding Week 6 of the NAB League Boys Season following the announcement from the Victorian State Government relating to changes to the Circuit Breaker Lockdown announced yesterday.

Following the announcement, this weekend's matches for Regional Victoria NAB League regions will proceed with two matches scheduled for Sunday June 6 in Ballarat and Echuca.

The GWV Rebels will host Geelong Falcons at MARS Stadium at 11.30am before the Murray Bushrangers face the Bendigo Pioneers at Victoria Park Oval at 2.30pm.

Due to the Circuit Breaker Lockdown extension for Metropolitan Melbourne, this weekend's scheduled matches for Metropolitan NAB League regions and all boys residing in Metropolitan Melbourne will not proceed.

The AFL wishes to advise of an update regarding Week 6 of the NAB League Boys Season following the announcement from the Victorian State Government relating to changes to the Circuit Breaker Lockdown announced yesterday.

Following the announcement, this weekend's matches for Regional Victoria NAB League regions will proceed with two matches scheduled for Sunday June 6 in Ballarat and Echuca.

The GWV Rebels will host Geelong Falcons at MARS Stadium at 11.30am before the Murray Bushrangers face the Bendigo Pioneers at Victoria Park Oval at 2.30pm.

Due to the Circuit Breaker Lockdown extension for Metropolitan Melbourne, this weekend's scheduled matches for Metropolitan NAB League regions and all boys residing in Metropolitan Melbourne will not proceed.
Apparently no Covid at ikon park today , but local footy can’t be played

Attachments

• 1A2F78B7-B704-4ED9-85BB-396A655F4D91.png
    1A2F78B7-B704-4ED9-85BB-396A655F4D91.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back