EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Hahn is a great pick up for Paco and add Aisake O'hailpin in that FWD line, with Bicer, Bannister and Nolan and the Panthers will be competitive.
if the rumour is correct that Hahn has signed wouldn't think he will play many games as he is the forward line development coach at Magpies

To get a little discussion happining i am going to make a list of the top ten recruits i know of so far.

1. Adam Iacobucci (Strathmore)
2. Andrew Horne (Strathmore)
3. Steven Baker (Cragieburn)
4.Thomas Hislop(Aberfeldie)
5. David Fanning(Aberfeldie)
6. Mitch Hahn (Pascoe Vale)
7. Micheal Gardiner(Cragieburn)
8. Eric Kuret(Greenvale)
9. Justin Kahdefelt(Doutta Stars)
10. Jay Neagle(Greenvale)

7. Micheal Gardiner(Cragieburn) Hasn't signed at Cburn

Mitch Hahn is a great pick up for Paco and add Aisake O'hailpin in that FWD line, with Bicer, Bannister and Nolan and the Panthers will be competitive.

Essendon District Football League (EDFL)MontmorencyO'Hailpin, AisakiePending01/02/12

Essendon District Football League (EDFL)MontmorencyO'Hailpin, AisakiePending01/02/12

O"hailpin not playing for Panthers, signed with Montmorency
Maribyrnong Park -
Northern Football League (NFL) - O'Hailpin, AisakiePending01/02/12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O"hailpin not playing for Panthers, signed with Montmorency
Maribyrnong Park -
Northern Football League (NFL) - O'Hailpin, AisakiePending01/02/12

Signed with Paco before Christmas now signed at Monty for more money.

Interesting to see what happens there, with the two clubs .....

Can Paco hold him cos he signed their first?

I know its not a legal document but if he signed at the Panthers first, does that mean anything?

Who knows these days ......

I know its not a legal document but if he signed at the Panthers first, does that mean anything?

Rumour has it that the documents the panthers are getting players to sign resemble nothing like the required document, bottom line it is not a legal document and providing no money has changed hands he goes to the highest bidder

No it won't make a difference where he signed first

Plenty of clearances for E.D.S, can anyone tell me anything about them? Any quality there??
Very good signs early, hopefully some improvement on last year.
And does anyone know of any losses from E.D.S from last year??

No it won't make a difference where he signed first

Samiliar thing happened with cupido in 2010 signed for Bundoora in about nov then got a money offered at north albury and moved up there. Only difference he signed before the transfer window opened so had no contract etc.

Samiliar thing happened with cupido in 2010 signed for Bundoora in about nov then got a money offered at north albury and moved up there. Only difference he signed before the transfer window opened so had no contract etc.

I just reckon its poor from the player, if you sign at a club during the off season then you should honor your commitment.

I know circumstances can change over the holiday break but it seems to be happening too much these days, players sign then leave for more cash? Then clubs are affected by it.

Due to the fact that its not a legal document, what can you do really?

I just reckon its poor from the player, if you sign at a club during the off season then you should honor your commitment.

I know circumstances can change over the holiday break but it seems to be happening too much these days, players sign then leave for more cash? Then clubs are affected by it.

There is NO LOYALTY anymore. The league and especially the clubs only have themselves to blame when players do the "dirty" on them. The amount of money being offered to Park footballers is a disgrace.
The EDFL is supposed to be a community football league, what a joke but they don't care because they are getting good exposure, Stuff the majority of clubs who have NO HOPE of playing finals, let alone challenging for a flag for 1 simple reason, they don't have the $$$'s. These clubs are well run by fantastic VOLUNTEER'S, people of the same calibre as the rich clubs who year after year sit back and accept the congratulations of playing finals for 1 fact only, they spend more money than the lower clubs.
Ask Dawson what his reaction was to Oak Parks Spend last year...... Why are we seeing so many departures from M.Park?
Anyway don't have a go at players who turn their back on agreements for more $$$'s, why should they be loyal or accountable to Clubs or the league when there is none in return.
The A Grade may be at it's highest standard but for me the EDFL is at it's lowest point.

Extremely poor rory have a feeeling he won't be seen around bundoora for a while.

How is everyone club pre season going.

Players leaving clubs only to come back again during the pre season, its hard to keep on top of it.

so where is O'hailpin playing this year, Pascoe Vale or Montmorency or elsewhere.

Go Marby

There is NO LOYALTY anymore. The league and especially the clubs only have themselves to blame when players do the "dirty" on them. The amount of money being offered to Park footballers is a disgrace.
The EDFL is supposed to be a community football league, what a joke but they don't care because they are getting good exposure, Stuff the majority of clubs who have NO HOPE of playing finals, let alone challenging for a flag for 1 simple reason, they don't have the $$$'s. These clubs are well run by fantastic VOLUNTEER'S, people of the same calibre as the rich clubs who year after year sit back and accept the congratulations of playing finals for 1 fact only, they spend more money than the lower clubs.
Ask Dawson what his reaction was to Oak Parks Spend last year...... Why are we seeing so many departures from M.Park?
Anyway don't have a go at players who turn their back on agreements for more $$$'s, why should they be loyal or accountable to Clubs or the league when there is none in return.
The A Grade may be at it's highest standard but for me the EDFL is at it's lowest point.
Bang fair comment on most points but with respect to dawson who will do really well at oakers this year, if he did make that comment (and doubt it) he has been out of the loop for a decade as far as payments go, spend 180k- 200k which is a huge effort stay in Agrade and possibly win a flag, unfortunatly with the fitness levels and commitment required to be competitive this is what the average joes require for their efforts No one is goin to get banged up in Agrade playing against ex AFL/VFL footballers for 100 bucks per week and the eternal love of the club, plus its not just the players with 8 ex AFL/VFL guys coaching Im tipping thats where most of the coin goes have to be Min of 30k to Max of 70K, Do you think McGuane,Barnard,Rock,Johnson,Holland and co,are doing it because they have a love of grass roots footy, me thinks not, and dont get me started on the egotistical benefactors at Abers,Greenvale, Marby strathmore and Keilor who started the rot 7-8 years ago by upping the anti more cash than brains, the money eventually runs out as do the hard working committees who have to bring this together, unfortunatly its like society in general you,ve got the haves and the have nots.

Aberfeldie appear to be looking the goods at this point;
  • Fanning - big ruckman with AFL experience
  • Norris
  • Mangan - Four time premiership player with Spotswood & Rennie
  • Sharp - Premiership at Spotswood
  • Hislops
and a few more, look to be recuiting across the field for balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back