EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

You are contradicting yourself. First you have this conspiracy theory that a team purposely let another team win, then you say that Avondale beat Greenvale twice. Why would a team purposely keep a team out that they beat twice? Also, what is the logic in letting a team beat you in the last round and going into a final series without momentum. Anyway, a team that finishes equal first wouldn't have been worried about a side that was in the bottom 6 all year and a side they beat twice as you say. Now that hopefully puts the silly notion about tanking to bed. I didn't see the Avondale Keilor game but from what I have heard it was tight all day. I watched Greenvale in last round against Marby and for a team with a lot to play for (even though Marby did too), the Jets struggled.) I agree Greenvale are a top club and side and the most successful over the last decade but sides have caught up to them this year and surpassed them. I watched them several times this year. Had no luck with injuries and players unavailable but that happens at all clubs. They have great depth and only need a top up at the top to be back in the top few. I don't think that Greenvale would have enjoyed being the fifth best side and will redirect some of their capital fund away from scoreboards, lights and other facilities to buying players and possibly a coach.
Not sniping "thru da Lines" You are clearly a passionate footy person. passion is what footy is all about. well leave the tanking thing now. all done. the spend on the scoreboard at greenvale is heavily pointed at cricket. the football club will benefit also and it will be there for visiting clubs to enjoy. it is a long term goal of the club to develop a first class sporting precinct for the entire area. it is not all about winning flags even though that is pretty enjoyable. Anyway, look forward to next year to go again. Good Luck to both Strathmore and Aberfeldie on Saturday. Sure to be a classic grand final.

Mark Blake won the league BnF last night, followed by Stephen Brewer and Andrew Browne as joint runners-ups.
Interesting to look at Abers website to see they have counted the clubs best and fairest upto round 15. Cubillo is on 79 votes....Blake 17....I think they have it right....I watched them about 7 times this year...that's about how many uncontested/contested marks Mr Blake took. That's also about how good the standard of umpiring has been...also, are we expecting the senior game to start at 2.15pm or around the 3-3.15pm mark this week or have the EDFL opened their coffers and employed the St Johns to be on course to attend any serious injuries...maybe a refreshment stand...Coburg last week was a disgrace...lets put the price up but hold back on the players safety because there the ones providing the spectacle...and don't cater for the punter that's paying the $17, no...their only filling our bank account....oh that's right..they've taken a blueprint off the AFL...lets all give the EDFL a pat on the back..well done guys.

I'll let others defend Blake winning the award, I'm sure that he was a deserving winner though.
I do think that it's a little strange that Cubillo, Iacobucci and Kuret (in past years) don't feature more prominently in these awards

Seems to be a ruckmens award, Brookes, Brown and now Blake and didn't Daniel Jones finish 2nd one year, the umps must value hitouts more than goals.

Interesting to look at Abers website to see they have counted the clubs best and fairest upto round 15. Cubillo is on 79 votes....Blake 17....I think they have it right....I watched them about 7 times this year...that's about how many uncontested/contested marks Mr Blake took. That's also about how good the standard of umpiring has been...also, are we expecting the senior game to start at 2.15pm or around the 3-3.15pm mark this week or have the EDFL opened their coffers and employed the St Johns to be on course to attend any serious injuries...maybe a refreshment stand...Coburg last week was a disgrace...lets put the price up but hold back on the players safety because there the ones providing the spectacle...and don't cater for the punter that's paying the $17, no...their only filling our bank account....oh that's right..they've taken a blueprint off the AFL...lets all give the EDFL a pat on the back..well done guys.

Absolutely spot on - no doubt it'll be the same this week with one food van pumping out unhealthy fare plus the coffee van.

Wouldn't be that hard to setup a run of quality food outlets/food trucks in this area but get some quality there - no doubt you'd sell more - punters would be happier with some variety and the league could even make a dollar from it if they got the food trucks to pay them.

How about some vintage/retro vendors roaming the crowd too like the old days i.e. hot pies or the old bloke with his bags of nuts!

Not that hard but perhaps it comes down to resources!

Just on the pricing, I don't mind having to pay to watch but $17 dollars for an adult that's a rip-off. I find it wrong how players and officials still have to pay to get in, yes I know the league will reimburse the clubs (I'm guessing they're as they did that for Juniors), but that's not the point. The point is why should the players and officials have to pay when they're ones that got the team into the finals/Grand Final.

Seriously how hard is it to print out passes, like they've done for years now. How is this year different to any other year. But I guess we should be greatful that we don't have to pay to get in during the home-and-away season like other leagues around the state.

Absolutely spot on - no doubt it'll be the same this week with one food van pumping out unhealthy fare plus the coffee van.

Wouldn't be that hard to setup a run of quality food outlets/food trucks in this area but get some quality there - no doubt you'd sell more - punters would be happier with some variety and the league could even make a dollar from it if they got the food trucks to pay them.

How about some vintage/retro vendors roaming the crowd too like the old days i.e. hot pies or the old bloke with his bags of nuts!

Not that hard but perhaps it comes down to resources!
Yep wouldn't be hard to get the hipster food trucks on board, and whilst they are at it please allow us to buy a beer or 2, for me it really is a downer not being able to have a few on the side whilst watching the footy.

Really shouldn't be more than $10 to watch local footy

The extra $7 is to pay for the "free" football record you get on entry.

The EDFL balance sheet is very, very healthy so could have easily charged $12.

Weather looks great so they should still get a decent crowd to what is a genuine 50/50 contest.

Saturday will be the culmination of a wonderful season for the EDFL, the best ever IMO.
Get down to Windy Hill on Saturday even if your not an Abers or Strathmore supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jets
Jets
Mores ( heart says Mores, head says Abers )

Should be a great G.F. Played in perfect conditions. If the Mores are to win this they will have to play out of their tree against the " dream team" assembled by their opponents. Abers have run into some rare form and have got all their big guns back and firing at the right time of the season.

They went pretty close last year, and didn't lose a lot in the way of quality players from last season. They have now added players of the proven calibre of Blake, Reimers, Luke Davis, Oswald, Lynch, McNamara and Ryan Allan.
There are probably others I can't think of. Their team is laden with players who have AFL and VFL experience. After a 40 year premiership drought Abers certainly have everything to play for and the team to do it.

I can't see any weaknesses in their team at all, whereas I worry about The Strathmore back lines ability to contain the likes of Johns, Hislop, Reimers, McNamara and Oswald.

Good luck to all teams.

Abers
Jets
Abers (too many guns/quality/call it watch you like)

Although I do like Strathmore, I think Abers will win and win comfortably. Will there be a fallout if they don't?

Good Luck to both teams, and I agree with Shags, it has been a great season of Premier Footy and hopefully the sides that finished out of the 4, especially those lower sides can make heaps of improvement over the summer and give us another cracking season in 2015.

My Tips,

Under 18 - Greenvale vs. Aberfeldie
Reserves - Greenvale vs. Aberfeldie
Seniors - Strathmore vs. Aberfeldie. Strathmmore by 21 points

Best on Ground Medal - Arrowsmith of Strathmore

Going to be a ripper game and don't mind paying the 17 dollars with close to a million dollars on display. Could be a battle of the coaching staff but so many if and buts for both teams, such as will May and Hislop play? Interesting that Mal said earlier in the year he didn't want a break coming into finals and got his wish I'm going for Abers by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back