EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Only problem with your analysis of Clouston playing on Shore reserve is that he took at least 15 marks that day and if he had his kicking boots on might have won the game off his own back. West Coburg did not have an answer to him for the first three quarters he dominated in a losing side like Kernahan in the 93 GF.

Fair enough and so he should. His got height, good leap, really good hands and hits a marking contest hard. But was he restricted at all. Usually he likes to present up & back and has great endurance.
Yeah His goal kicking has always been a bit inconsistent.

So what I'm really trying to say is if he had a choice to play for WC or AH at the start of the year he would take AH due to their ground.. Anyway best I move on from this subject.

Great win by EDFL against GV. Thought it was going to be a blow out considering the GV side in. Surprised by the final result and listening to the game, sounded like it was a great contest. Anyone see the game live?

Too be honest the GV really should have run over the top of the EDFL. GV dominated 3rd and 4th quarters but full credit to EDFL boys who dug deep to just hold on in the end. Experienced heads were vital for EDFL with Galea, Iacaobucci, Brewer, Fort and Castello instrumental in getting the EDFL over the line in the end

I was following the live score update on the website and it mentioned a red card to an EDFL player in the 3rd quarter, what was that about?

I was following the live score update on the website and it mentioned a red card to an EDFL player in the 3rd quarter, what was that about?

I'd suggest someones input the wrong info somewhere along the line. Game was played in great spirits and definitely no incidents of that nature throughout the day

good representation 5 players in the EDFL rep team side by the Marby footy team, i think it would was the most out of the premier clubs

Agree well done to Marby. It was great to see blokes like Castello, Galea, Cravino, Veszpremi etc playing in that game. Putting something back into the game and helping the league. These types of players should be reimbursed in some way by the league. I'm not saying "full" reimbursement of match payments but some kind of reward is warranted for improving the leagues ranking.

IMO these rep games should be 75% of players under the age of 25 topped up with some experienced players as per above.

Anyway well done guys.,

Would the league consider reimbursing players?

That's my question as well. Im not necessarily saying give them cash but surely the league has other contacts it can offer, even if it's to the clubs as well as players. Example: Club apparel, supplements, medical tape, sports drinks, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big news out of Strathmore Clinnick sacked & May taking over for the rest of the season

Clinnick was not sacked. He resigned without pressure from the club. If one was to speculate, perhaps he no longer had time for the role given the importance of his day job. Is an excellent coach.

Dale May, who did his ACL in the last game, is an astute coach in his own right. He has been coaching the 16A's and running the U16 program for a couple of years. They have gone from having two teams, and the A's finishing with 3 wins last year to Three U16 teams this year, all contending - and most importantly developing.

UOTE= "S ta r, post: 44670016, member: 3709"]Clinnick was not sacked. He resigned without pressure from the club. If one was to speculate, perhaps he no longer had time for the role given the importance of his day job. Is an excellent coach.

Dale May, who did his ACL in the last game, is an astute coach in his own right. He has been coaching the 16A's and running the U16 program for a couple of years. They have gone from having two teams, and the A's finishing with 3 wins last year to Three U16 teams this year, all contending - and most importantly developing.[/QUOTE]
Work must have been slow when they were winning then?

Live life by your BF name Not so serious just having a laugh Lol all the best to him
There is more to the story & I think it involves a after the siren incident involving his boy & Abers in the u/16[/QUOTE]
Yes i heard a possible club enforced suspension may have been the spark that lit the fire. Could be Chinese whispers!!

There is more to the story & I think it involves a after the siren incident involving his boy & Abers in the u/16

Come on guys. Clinnick's son plays in U14s. Surely some things are sacred and we aren't going to discuss 12 and 13yo players in a Senior forum?

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back