EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

G

Great insights subway
I'm sure the umpires (most who weren't born in the 80's or early 90's) go out there each week and say I'm going to pay free kicks to WC because of what happened back in the 80's & 90's
Batman23, let's not be petty with the topic. I'm sure the umpires don't go and deliberately pay free kicks against any team, however I'm sure some of the older umpires would have mentioned a couple of comments about WC. This would then subconsciously sink in and effect not all, but some of their decisions. The same I'm sure happens at club level, I've heard players not older enough to legally have a beer say comments like "same old WC". The kids weren't around when those issues were happening, I wasn't even around, but the reputation has stuck and unfortunately this new crop of players are on the receiving end.

AuckMel would probably know more than me..I reckon they could fill the whole side and win a few flags under the 50 point cap...lol :thumbsupemoji:

Gee, if some of those kids who left (mine included) could be persuaded to come back to the club I reckon we'd have a fair old side. Not sure if they'd survive A grade, but obviously with a few recruits they could. Would be a top 4 team IMO in B grade.

View attachment 254750
This is how I see it finishing.
I think Avondale will beat APW twice and west coburg at home.

If nayna thompson and Addam maric are out for a while I can see Greenvale losing at least 3 more games maybe 4.

With pfeiffer nabbout hopefully lill to come back and then hopefully eagles later in the season EDS look a bit stronger than Teams below but they can be inconsistent. Can't see them beating Keilor or abers tho. Greenvale with there outs they could pinch it.

Strathmore have a little more depth than Pascoe vale but I think paccos best might be a little to good but I think both teams are very similar. Urch is stringing games together and tighe is back so s'more look good. Pascoe vale haven't beaten a team in the top 6 yet while been smashed by the top 3.

I think 8-10 for marby will be a good result with a young list. Heaps of positives out of marby.

West coburg have been brilliant this year to date but the teams they have beaten besides apw they have to play them now away so I can't see them beating marby or EDS and I think they will lose a close one to Avondale when they next meet.

Hey mate, I've never been much of a fisherman but surely your baiting me here.

I can't see a 3 game gap between 4 & 5. Pacco won't lose 9 games during the season and surely will beat Strathmore next round in a close contest. If they beat Strathmore I would expect them to then beat Greenvale in round10 and come home hard.

Pacco have a better list this year than last, so it would be disapointing if there win/lost ratio doesn't improve on last season. OR has the competition improved that much.

Tighe a huge return for Strathmore..

I agree it's a competitive premier division outside of APW. I know Avondale are winless but there list is pretty good I reckon.

I think you'll find that Gazzo is missing for Greenvale. along with Thompson and Nayna missing that's 3 very good and experienced players missing from their front half which leaves a huge hole. If they get 1 or 2 back in later part of year then they could seriously challenge Keilor and abers

Hey mate, I've never been much of a fisherman but surely your baiting me here.

I can't see a 3 game gap between 4 & 5. Pacco won't lose 9 games during the season and surely will beat Strathmore next round in a close contest. If they beat Strathmore I would expect them to then beat Greenvale in round10 and come home hard.

Pacco have a better list this year than last, so it would be disapointing if there win/lost ratio doesn't improve on last season. OR has the competition improved that much.

Tighe a huge return for Strathmore..

I agree it's a competitive premier division outside of APW. I know Avondale are winless but there list is pretty good I reckon.

There is an 'auto pick' button up top and I hit that so no not mine. I think the positions are correct that's what I elaborated on not so much the wins and losses.

There is an 'auto pick' button up top and I hit that so no not mine. I think the positions are correct that's what I elaborated on not so much the wins and losses.

Oh ok. All good mate I understand it's just our opinions & predictions which we are all entitled to. In all seriousness if Douttas make the final 4 it would be a great achievement after coming up. It looks like they have learnt from 2014 and recruited players capable of playing premier league, even if they were stiff to be relegated in 2014. With there junior numbers and junior performances they should up there with the Abers, Strathmore's, Keilors etc.. So they did drop the ball somewhere along the way but have recovered well and quickly which is most important.

Btw- A good crowd at Pacco on Sat. Good numbers from Douttas as well. Paccos ground is good to watch footy from on a wet day as the rooms are in a good spot, good cover and close to the ground so you get the atmosphere.

Dont know if anyone has seen this but thought i'd post it anyway. Will be interesting to see how he goes !

http://www.fox8.tv/character/the-recruit-shylo-smith

It's great his having a go on the recruit but let's all be truthful here it's a TV show. If he was seroius about being looked at for AFL he would need to play VFL first and see how he handles footy at the level below AFL. He played EDFL div2 (well it's called div1) last year. That's shows to me his not dedicated enough to go through the right pathway...But that's his choice and I respect that.
I watched him closely last week and agree his a good player at metro level but his kicking let's him down. He doesn't hit enough targets under pressure and seems to just kick it forward. Decision making probably let's him down from going to the next level. IMO I was more impressed with Allan. He seems to carry the ball and look to hit targets most of the time.
There would be at least 50 midfielders on AFL recruiters lists before Shylo gets a mention. To much talent at VFL/TAC cup levels..
It's very unusual a player from metro/country will get picked up. The most recent was probably Jack Redpath at the Bulldogs. Even he is in & out of the side yet dominated when playing country footy.

It's great his having a go on the recruit but let's all be truthful here it's a TV show. If he was seroius about being looked at for AFL he would need to play VFL first and see how he handles footy at the level below AFL. He played EDFL div2 (well it's called div1) last year. That's shows to me his not dedicated enough to go through the right pathway...But that's his choice and I respect that.
I watched him closely last week and agree his a good player at metro level but his kicking let's him down. He doesn't hit enough targets under pressure and seems to just kick it forward. Decision making probably let's him down from going to the next level. IMO I was more impressed with Allan. He seems to carry the ball and look to hit targets most of the time.
There would be at least 50 midfielders on AFL recruiters lists before Shylo gets a mention. To much talent at VFL/TAC cup levels..
It's very unusual a player from metro/country will get picked up. The most recent was probably Jack Redpath at the Bulldogs. Even he is in & out of the side yet dominated when playing country footy.

Great player but No.3 mid at EDS behind Pfieffer and Allan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris and Ross are pretty significant outs for Pacco.
It'll be interesting to see how the team responds

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Could they both be playing one-offs over the bye weekend?
If they are gone permanently, does that mean all not well at Pacco? Seems odd for clearances this late in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back