EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The point turbo was trying to make was that 4 weeks for a head butt is way way over the top and as l was only 10 metres away l agree , stupid act especially at a crucial stage in the game and actually got Keilor going again but fair dinkum 4 weeks is crap , how many AFL players have received 4 weeks for that ? Answer is none !!!

The point turbo was trying to make was that 4 weeks for a head butt is way way over the top and as l was only 10 metres away l agree , stupid act especially at a crucial stage in the game and actually got Keilor going again but fair dinkum 4 weeks is crap , how many AFL players have received 4 weeks for that ? Answer is none !!!
Phil Carmen lol

Should have already worked out that the edfl tribunal are a bunch of "star fckers", if you have been on an afl list fair chance you'll get off. Didn't see saturday's report but did see the Hamish McIntosh incident and there is no way he should have got off . Also heard from a mate at Doutas that Vespremi would get weeks for his headbutting report,but he also got off.You can add Patrick Rose to the list but I think he was needed for rep. team so he got off as well.

Not sure I'm stupid bang, but each to their own I guess.

My last word on this is all clubs need to be wary of Keilors no30 and Keilor FC, as they will lag you in. I guess they will do whatever it takes to try and win a GF this year.
The difference between helping a WC player against lagging in a PV player is that Keilor see PV as a threat to their chances, so threw the player under the bus hoping he would get more than 4 weeks. He might of to, based on the evidence (lies) no30 was putting forward, but the PV player had a good record.

Time for me to take another self imposed spell, as this stuff is not how I roll. I will help most decent people but don't like this type of "shifty" behaviour in footy, workplace, or in general. Bye!!!
I was going to let it go, but after this absolutely absurd reply, cannot let it go. So it is all Keilor's fault! Barbuto asked to be head-butted did he, and the Pacco player was obliged to comply. Stop playing the victim card, Pacco and the player are not the victim. The guy copping the head-butt is.
One thing that will most certainly happen is all the crap you have posted about Keilor will be used within the club when they next meet Pacco, you have given us plenty of motivational material with your totally unreasonable, unproven and unsustainable comments.
Lastly, you have libelled Barbuto, accusing him of telling lies in print and in a public forum. So you have seen the transcript, or is it because Barbuto's evidence differs from the Pacco version it has to be a lie. What was the umpires version of events? Did it align with the Pacco or Keilor version?

I was going to let it go, but after this absolutely absurd reply, cannot let it go. So it is all Keilor's fault! Barbuto asked to be head-butted did he, and the Pacco player was obliged to comply. Stop playing the victim card, Pacco and the player are not the victim. The guy copping the head-butt is.
One thing that will most certainly happen is all the crap you have posted about Keilor will be used within the club when they next meet Pacco, you have given us plenty of motivational material with your totally unreasonable, unproven and unsustainable comments.
Lastly, you have libelled Barbuto, accusing him of telling lies in print and in a public forum. So you have seen the transcript, or is it because Barbuto's evidence differs from the Pacco version it has to be a lie. What was the umpires version of events? Did it align with the Pacco or Keilor version?

Hey Deefer, I don't think the continued focus on this matter is helpful, and I am not getting involved in it as I certainly didn't see the incident that has created such angst.

Surely Keilor would have a more specific focus coming into their next clash with Pacco other than Turbo's posts!! I.e The reasons they lost! Was it leg speed, failure to structure up appropriately, ineffective use of the footy? Doubting Turbo's posts on Big Footy will get a mention as they are largely irrelevant in relation to this result, or future results.

Hey Deefer, I don't think the continued focus on this matter is helpful, and I am not getting involved in it as I certainly didn't see the incident that has created such angst.

Surely Keilor would have a more specific focus coming into their next clash with Pacco other than Turbo's posts!! I.e The reasons they lost! Was it leg speed, failure to structure up appropriately, ineffective use of the footy? Doubting Turbo's posts on Big Footy will get a mention as they are largely irrelevant in relation to this result, or future results.
You are quite correct in all aspects of your post except one. Don't think it was the incident itself, more the reaction from Turbo and his posts.
From my point of view, it is closed.

Rowan Sawers started umpiring at the top level almost 40 years ago and umpired more than 400 games including 4 Grand Finals , so is it too much to expect a football follower to A) Spell his name correctly ? And B) Show him the respect he deserves ?. Local leagues are so much better off for people of his ilk coming back to lend their experience . Umpire bashing is so easy .
Why does he deserve respect. The state of umpiring is not good, yet he is in charge of it. So he was an umpire, does that make him automatically have the skills to teach and mentor umpires. The results every Saturday would say no. The problem with never criticizing umpires is that they never get any better, because they are never held to a high enough standard. Players are continuously challenged to be better so any analogy between players and umpires is ridiculous. Local leagues are not better off if these people are not committed to doing their job well.

Why does he deserve respect. The state of umpiring is not good, yet he is in charge of it. So he was an umpire, does that make him automatically have the skills to teach and mentor umpires. The results every Saturday would say no. The problem with never criticizing umpires is that they never get any better, because they are never held to a high enough standard. Players are continuously challenged to be better so any analogy between players and umpires is ridiculous. Local leagues are not better off if these people are not committed to doing their job well.

I doubt any umpire goes out there with the intention of doing a poor job, the key is maintaining an open and constructive dialogue so that the young developing umpires can develop their skills and/or knowledge.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

The problem with never criticizing umpires is that they never get any better, because they are never held to a high enough standard. Players are continuously challenged to be better so any analogy between players and umpires is ridiculous. Local leagues are not better off if these people are not committed to doing their job well.

Every decision an AFL umpire makes is scrutinised, both by the ill informed commentators and public, as well as their informed coaches.

The EDFL (or any local league) do not have enough money to employ coaches to observe every single game, but the games that are observed are scrutinised by their coaches, coaches that are committed to their jobs, even if they are paid little or no pay at all. The umpires are accountable to the coaches, they are certainly not accountable to idiots and so called experts on the sidelines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every decision an AFL umpire makes is scrutinised, both by the ill informed commentators and public, as well as their informed coaches.

The EDFL (or any local league) do not have enough money to employ coaches to observe every single game, but the games that are observed are scrutinised by their coaches, coaches that are committed to their jobs, even if they are paid little or no pay at all. The umpires are accountable to the coaches, they are certainly not accountable to idiots and so called experts on the sidelines.
Anyone you thinks they can do a better job is more that welcome to walk into Windy Hill and ask Rowan for an orange shirt to wear.

People have been critisising umpires for 150 years and this will continue I'm sure as long as the game is played. What I know is it's a very difficult job judged and commented on mostly by those who have never tried doing it . Yes we all get frustrated by the odd poor decision but to sit back and bag someone of Rowan Sawers standing in the game is quite sad . This bloke lives on the other side of Melbourne ,has offers every year from all sorts of organisations yet has stayed true to the EDFL. You seem to think you know the secret to improvement . Just criticise . Genius !! Good luck with that.

i don't get the umpire bashing. Yes, they make mistakes as we all do

I suppose part of Sawers role would be to help umpires with positioning to ensure they give themselves the best chance to get the decisions correct. I watch a bit of footy and whilst there are a few decisions made that are hard to understand on the whole i think the standard has improved over the last few years

On to this weeks footy

Abers to do a number on West Coburg - West had a great start to the year but look shot now for mine. They can't play finals and may well drop off over the last few weeks. Abers back in some form keeping Avondale goal less til half time last week. Abers by 70

Douttas over Avondale. Depends which Avondale turns up as to the margin. They have certainly been the major dissapointment of the season. Douttas by 20

Keilor will be too good for Strathmore. Mores probably need to win 5 of 6 to play finals so will certainly have high motivation levels but Keilor will take great pleasure in most likely ending the Mores season on Saturday

Greenvale by 70 over Airport West - AW have been Ok the last few weeks and a bit more competitive but GV too strong

Paco should account for Marby - apparently Paco without Tydell this week! LOL. Might be a bit closer than last time but Paco are arguably the form team in the comp right now. Marby in the same boat as the Mores if they want to play finals they can't afford to many more losses

2 Saturday's ago I was standing with 2 abers people one being a committee member at EDS v abers game. Potter went to sawers with a new whole clip of footage of good and bad decisions made for and against abers. And asked the question what's going on and Rowans response was 'we just don't have a good batch of umpires'. This was from a committee member at abers telling me this.

2 Saturday's ago I was standing with 2 abers people one being a committee member at EDS v abers game. Potter went to sawers with a new whole clip of footage of good and bad decisions made for and against abers. And asked the question what's going on and Rowans response was 'we just don't have a good batch of umpires'. This was from a committee member at abers telling me this.
Potter should concentrate on coaching !!!!

You are quite correct in all aspects of your post except one. Don't think it was the incident itself, more the reaction from Turbo and his posts.
From my point of view, it is closed.
It's been brought to my attention someone called Turbo has been posting on this forum about a recent on field incident and the following tribunal decision ,the views expressed are entirely his own , as is his right to do so on a forum such as this. BUT I would like to add that whilst not happy with the result I'm sure everyone at Pacco has moved on and is fully focused on winning games of footy ...... that's it ,it's finished

It's been brought to my attention someone called Turbo has been posting on this forum about a recent on field incident and the following tribunal decision ,the views expressed are entirely his own , as is his right to do so on a forum such as this. BUT I would like to add that whilst not happy with the result I'm sure everyone at Pacco has moved on and is fully focused on winning games of footy ...... that's it ,it's finished

And who are you exactly Ray? Is this an official statement on behalf of Pascoe Vale?

Just wanted to get in before turbo does and give my 20c worth about the Marby v Pacco game today. ( and I don't have an alliance either way ).

Marby were comprehensive today. About as good as I've seen a premier side this season. All over the ground Pacco were smashed. About the only blokes I saw who could how their heads up were number1, 55, and not much else. Warren looking for an easy kick too much. If it doesn't go his way, then there is not much defence. And if turbo DARES mention the umpires, then he should really just go away. Marby got smashed by the umps in the first half. Absolutely smashed. Yet they were 30 odd points up at halftime. Because they were first to the ball, harder at it, were running hard and were hunting in packs. I'm very surprised that Marby aren't higher on the ladder tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back