EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree re the umpiring. Wasn't one sided or anything but was just over umpired, extremely over umpired. Freekick after freekick after freekick going the whole length of the ground in a single play is NOT football. As was mentioned before they think they're controlling the game when in fact they're dictating it and ruining the fabric. Was ubearable to watch at times and after looking forward to the game all week I was left disappointed at the spectacle. EDFL must do something to address it.

That aside well done by abers were the best team by a mile. Gvale had a few very flat footed players when the game was in the balance which cost them.

[QUOTE="when the game was in the balance which cost them.
Almost makes it sound like we had a chance at some stage[/QUOTE]
1st and second when the scores were pretty much tied. Looked like if they continued greenvale could roll over the top but they stopped every time they were back in the game

I'm not turbo but he should have put the boots on as he was on the ground that much give your message and get the fu-- off.

I cop a bit of flak on big footy but maybe, just maybe I am right on most things.

- Umpiring needs to be accessed weekly and not moving in line with the talent coming into the league.

- The Abers runner might as well play as the 19th man.

- The league is becoming a bit boring. Another GF with a big difference in the score line. It's not competitive at all. Has the EDFL dropped the ball and being overtaken by other leagues.. I reckon so!

- The points system is a big joke. Abers could win 5-6 premierships. How do clubs compete to make a competitive game?

- The EDFL needs to grow some balls and et things back in line otherwise players won't want to play in the league.

I cop a bit of flak on big footy but maybe, just maybe I am right on most things.

- Umpiring needs to be accessed weekly and not moving in line with the talent coming into the league.

- The Abers runner might as well play as the 19th man.

- The league is becoming a bit boring. Another GF with a big difference in the score line. It's not competitive at all. Has the EDFL dropped the ball and being overtaken by other leagues.. I reckon so!

- The points system is a big joke. Abers could win 5-6 premierships. How do clubs compete to make a competitive game?

- The EDFL needs to grow some balls and et things back in line otherwise players won't want to play in the league.

The league is quite strong. Obviously Greenvale and Aberfeldie the stand outs. But Strathmore and Pascoe Vale recruited some quality yet failed. Marby building nicely and keilor wi'll be there abouts again. What would help keep people interested is a top 5. Having the top 4 sewn up so early imo made it seem the remaining games meant little.
Make it a top 5.

Points system and salary cap will take 3 or so years to have effect as abers have a number of low point quality stars.

Atleast in the edfl you have a different premier each year. Unlike the WRFL being dominated by one club. You all need to relax all is not.doom and gloom.

The league is quite strong. Obviously Greenvale and Aberfeldie the stand outs. But Strathmore and Pascoe Vale recruited some quality yet failed. Marby building nicely and keilor wi'll be there abouts again. What would help keep people interested is a top 5. Having the top 4 sewn up so early imo made it seem the remaining games meant little.
Make it a top 5.

Points system and salary cap will take 3 or so years to have effect as abers have a number of low point quality stars.

Atleast in the edfl you have a different premier each year. Unlike the WRFL being dominated by one club. You all need to relax all is not.doom and gloom.

Different premier each year maybe, but it's the same teams just rotating who wins it.

Not sure what Potter did other than have a team handed to him so y congrats? Mick Mc showed his lack of tactics last year and walked over Abers. Greenvale injuries handed him a flag Graham handed him the other. Remember last year U/ 18.5 asked to keep celebrations down cause seniors lost ask who hasn't been paid yet

Ridiculous post oldbutwise, sounds like jealousy..

Congrats Abers on the flag, a flag at the start of the season most said you couldn't win.. I remember most saying Aberd had fallen apart, players left after not getting paid, Potter couldn't coach etc etc and that Keillor were morals to win it..

Ridiculous post oldbutwise, sounds like jealousy..

Congrats Abers on the flag, a flag at the start of the season most said you couldn't win.. I remember most saying Aberd had fallen apart, players left after not getting paid, Potter couldn't coach etc etc and that Keillor were morals to win it..
Not a rediculous post, it's 100% accurate you goose. Players didn't get paid when promised

Nice one again abers. Excellent club. Special mention must go to Cravo, great player and clubman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're happy with your little stiffy for u/19's flag made up of poached kids from other clubs?

What is your problem? Marby deserve the opportunity to celebrate their win. Well done boys. Enjoy the win!
You on the other hand are probably the reason kids would leave their club and head to someone like Marby. I hope you aren't an Abers supporter because they would also be embarrassed to have a flog like you associated with their name.

What is your problem? Marby deserve the opportunity to celebrate their win. Well done boys. Enjoy the win!
You on the other hand are probably the reason kids would leave their club and head to someone like Marby. I hope you aren't an Abers supporter because they would also be embarrassed to have a flog like you associated with their name.
No need for the personal insults KB , but I suppose haters are gunna hate

Great effort for Greenvale though winning the Reserves and Thirds Grand Finals this year. Shame about the Seniors, could've been three from three. Basically everyone wrote them off at the start of the year and they showed them in the end. But well done to Abers

Must give a lot of credit to Cubilla from Abers. His a great leader and to me the main reason why they are a strong unit on the ground. Yes clubs can put together strong lists of players but you need that leader to take them deep in September. Also a good coach. I'm not convinced Potter is better than others but his committed and has plans & tactics. Having said all this there line up down the spine and midfield is pretty good.

Must give a lot of credit to Cubilla from Abers. His a great leader and to me the main reason why they are a strong unit on the ground. Yes clubs can put together strong lists of players but you need that leader to take them deep in September. Also a good coach. I'm not convinced Potter is better than others but his committed and has plans & tactics. Having said all this there line up down the spine and midfield is pretty good.

To win a flag you need a list that has the potential to do it. Yes some coaches can impact greater than others. Having said that, Potter in his 3 years has made 3 consecutive GF's and won 2/3. Awesome effort from him and must be congratulated. We must take into account how many Abers lost with a really good team on the park. So just having a good team doesn't mean you will win it.

I don't understand why people dislike Potter. I agree that he has had a good list to work with but many a coach have had that and failed. I think his record speaks for itself and the doubters need to start giving him some recognition if not credit for their achievements.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Division 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back